lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Qui-Gon's Script Shack
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #11
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Ok... It seems to me that there should not be an issue with how you are going about this. I guess I would like to see the code that you created, vs. the vanilla code posted here. If I understand you correctly, you modified these lines:
Code:
string stringGLOB_4 = "g_w_lghtsbr01";   <-- Subbing "pc_lghtsbr_001"?
string stringGLOB_5 = "g_w_lghtsbr03";
string stringGLOB_6 = "g_w_lghtsbr04";
If this is where you performed your substitutions, I would think everything should work just fine. It is simple variable substitution, and the only thing you should have to change are the tags.... as you said.

I am wondering... Did you make this change, and then not use a fresher save where that script had not been called yet? It may be as simple as module memory blocking your new version from firing.

If this is not the simple solution, hopefully one of our more skilled contributors here in the shack can give you a heads up!

EDIT: This may sound stupid. It may be stupid. The filename lengths are different.... 13 chars for "g_w_lghtsbr01" versus 14 chars for "pc_lghtsbr_001". This shouldn't matter, as long as it is less than 16 chars.... but stranger things have been the cause of issue in these games!

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa

Last edited by Qui-Gon Glenn; 01-28-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Qui-Gon's Script Shack