lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Unable to make a multiplayer server :/
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
HumbleSwordfish
Lurker

Unable to make a multiplayer server :/

Hey everyone (first post, have mercy!)

My friend and I recently started playing RC alot online, and have been joining servers in order to play together. However, when we attempted to make our own servers, a couple things happened:
1. We made an undedicated server, which I have heard will not be visible in the lobby, so therefore we are unable to play.
2. I tried making a *dedicated* server, but this resulted in the game shutting down, providing an error message and saying that "Port 60575 made need to be opened to incoming traffic". Any attempts to open the port have resulted in failure...

If anyone can please help out, someone, in trying to find the answer to this problem so that we can make a server (or even just tell us another way to make the server...), you have no idea how much this would be appreciated. Thank you!

~Swordfish
HumbleSwordfish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
michonicle
Rookie

Current Game: RC, COD 6, war stuff
If u make a dedicated server, I'm not sure about this, but I don't think u can play on it :/

"Par Ijaat, Par Kote, Par Kyr'am
For Honor, For Glory, For Death" -DS_Sgt_Michonicle, Leader of Rep Com Section
michonicle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
HumbleSwordfish
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by michonicle View Post
If u make a dedicated server, I'm not sure about this, but I don't think u can play on it :/
Yeah, I thought so :b But we're trying to find a way to make a server, have it show up in the lobby, and actually be playable. Any advice? :s
Old 02-24-2012, 06:17 AM   #4
frazscotland
Rookie

Thumbs up

Yes if u normally make server it doesnt allow you to join.
However if u download and install xfire its free and safe from www.xfire.com
to make a server when xfire is installed and open/running do as previously make dedicated it will crash game then in xfire LAUNCH rc and u can see your server in the list and join also...
frazscotland is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
HumbleSwordfish
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazscotland View Post
Yes if u normally make server it doesnt allow you to join.
However if u download and install xfire its free and safe from www.xfire.com
to make a server when xfire is installed and open/running do as previously make dedicated it will crash game then in xfire LAUNCH rc and u can see your server in the list and join also...
Thanks man, trying it now
Old 02-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #6
HumbleSwordfish
Lurker

Still didn't work :/ Xfire said that it failed to find steam when I tried to launch commando from it. Any other ideas?
Old 02-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #7
frazscotland
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleSwordfish View Post
Still didn't work :/ Xfire said that it failed to find steam when I tried to launch commando from it. Any other ideas?
Hmm Did you download swrc via steam ? instead of having best of cd or original disc ??
frazscotland is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #8
HumbleSwordfish
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazscotland View Post
Hmm Did you download swrc via steam ? instead of having best of cd or original disc ??
Yeah, I got it off Steam; I'm able to join the servers and everything, but making them incorporates the problem[s] listed above.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RepublicCommando.Net > General Discussion > Squad Tech Support > Unable to make a multiplayer server :/

Tags
dedicated, failure, multiplayer, not runnable, not working, online, republic commando, undedicated