lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #1081
Elias
Lurker

Hello there,

first of all I'd like to thank you for making such a program fully capable with Kotor 1 and 2.

Though, I have a slight problem. Or well slight, it's actually kind of huge.
You see, the program works fine until I reach the fase that I load my savegame, and I come to the conclusion that it never worked. I am talking about my Kotor 2 savegame.

I am not sure what I did wrong, perhaps someone could help me out on this?
All I did was unpack the .rar on my desktop and started using the program, should I perhaps move it to my Lucasarts map?

It would be mighty kind of you all to help me out on this one, because this might be my only option to get over my bug!

Thanks,
Elias.
Elias is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #1082
Seikan

Sometimes, the game can't assimilate some changes, some times, an item with a bad Resref, other times appearence that don't work, etc...

So, if you can tell me all the modifications you did, maybe i could tell you exactly how to fix it ^^

Last mod:
-Seikan's Armors Of The Old Republic:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...74#post2738274
Seikan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #1083
Elias
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seikan View Post
Sometimes, the game can't assimilate some changes, some times, an item with a bad Resref, other times appearence that don't work, etc...

So, if you can tell me all the modifications you did, maybe i could tell you exactly how to fix it ^^
Ah! I never thought about that..

I changed:
-The time, changed it two minutes back, but I only did this after I found out it didn't work, and I wanted to be sure no changes were taking place when I pressed the commit changes button

-Credits, of course the credits, one could never have enough of those! Changed it to 99999999 (Perhaps a little tad too much :P)

-Chemicals and Components, both to 10000.

-The quest lost in shadows (The one bugged) Master Vrook would not leave the cell after I killed all the mercenaries, so I continued the quest. After a while I got to the point that I had to defend the base (I must add that I did bring everything in the favour of the mercenaries) and just after the cutscene I get a black screen, in which I can only move if I press both mousebuttons at the same time (I checked the map and I actually moved, thus I know I was capable of moving) and I can move the mouse around the black screen.
Now what I did here was change it from 30 (You found Master Vrook held prisoner by mercenaries in the kinrath cave.) to 70 (You found Master Vrook held prisoner by the mercenaries, but you decided to let the mercenaries ship him off to Nar Shaddaa. Vrook will probably be very upset with you if you meet him again.) and I thought this might clear the bug.

-I also changed all of my stats (Strength, wisdom et cetera) and skills (Computer, security et cetera) to 50.

And last but not least:
- I changed my GoodEvil to 20 (It was first on 18, and I hoped by turning it to 20 I might become entirely evil, not sure if that's the way to change my evilness though :P)

Thanks in advance!
Elias.
Elias is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #1084
Seikan

Well, i have never modified a quest with KSE, i think the proble might come from that. See if you don't have an auto save, to roll back, and put the quest as before. When you have I have a bug like you with brook, i often try to reload the game, it's better if you have a savegame before entering the cave when vrook is already in.
Have you any other changes in your game, like mods etc?

For the rest, i have already do it and all worked fine, but sometimes when you change too many things the savegame is screwed up, so the better would be if you have an other save game, like an auto save, and make the changes one by one, to be sure that there isn't any problem, and if there is know which change is responsible. Often the probems are caused by the appearance, the items, and the feats/force powers.

the credits, i think there is a limit, wich no matter how much you put, it would be set at a limit.

And to have max evileness put it to 0 ^^
Entirely evil: 0=======50 neutral======>100 Entirely Good

Last mod:
-Seikan's Armors Of The Old Republic:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...74#post2738274
Old 06-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #1085
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
I always found it is a good idea to keep an unmodded copy of my saves, just incase the save gets screwed up in some way.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #1086
Seikan

Me too x), well in general there is never problems when you just put some items, and change the stats, if we don't consider the bad resref problems, but you can see it before summit changes, and fix it with kotor tool. An sometimes you can fix it just getting back, and putting the savegame as before.

Last mod:
Old 07-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #1087
Xuvatilavv
Lurker

I'm not sure, but Elias' issue seems to be in loading the save into KSE, not the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias View Post
the program works fine until I reach the fase that I load my savegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias View Post
All I did was unpack the .rar on my desktop and started using the program
If that isn't what the question is about, well I'll ask it because I'm having that problem now. I edited a save to add in a few simple items which saved fine. I downloaded and installed another mod (a one-item mod, nothing big) so I go open the same save back up to add in the new item and I got a bunch of errors when I click to view the inventory list (I didn't pay attention to what they were exactly) so I figure since that .exe has been sitting in its folder for a few years maybe that's the problem and replace KSE with a newly extracted version (both were v3.3.3). Now when the save tries to load in KSE the program seems to go in a loop as it gorges itself with memory and doesn't get anywhere. This save loads fine in game, and the other saves seem to load well in KSE though I haven't tried editing them.

EDIT: I loaded the problematic save in-game and made a second save after it which is getting what seem to be the same error messages, so if you need them I can tell you what they say.

Last edited by Xuvatilavv; 07-01-2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Additional Information
Xuvatilavv is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2010, 10:18 PM   #1088
aequasi
Lurker

So, idk what happened, but awhile back, shortly after taris, i used KSE and it deleted all of my party members. By some fluke, Bastila and Carth were re added, but im not at the point where ive just gotten off the leviathan and the conversations cant progress because the only characters i have are carth, juhani, jolee, and hk.

Can anyone help me out?
aequasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2010, 05:05 AM   #1089
Seikan

You can:

1)restart a new savegame.

2)make your self a sort of mini "recruitment" mod, for all of your lost party members, but it must be done in a module, where you have never be in.

Last mod:
Old 07-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #1090
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aequasi View Post
So, idk what happened, but awhile back, shortly after taris, i used KSE and it deleted all of my party members. By some fluke, Bastila and Carth were re added, but im not at the point where ive just gotten off the leviathan and the conversations cant progress because the only characters i have are carth, juhani, jolee, and hk.

Can anyone help me out?
You must have done something with a boolean to wipe out the whole party. Playing with numericals and other booleans is something you CAN do with KSE, not particularly something you SHOULD do. It can be a giant mess, and as you see without party members, a game-breaker.

KSE doesn't make changes like that unless you told it to

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2010, 04:46 PM   #1091
aequasi
Lurker

i think it happened when i tried adding a broken item, but im not sure.
aequasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #1092
laitblade
Lurker

i used the save game editor to make the hk-47 droid a jedi guardian but wen i tried to give him a lightsaber non showed up how can i make him equip a lightsaber?
laitblade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2010, 03:50 AM   #1093
Seikan

Well, the droids can't use lightsabers, not because of their class.

If you're playin Kotor1, use that: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ber_Mod;103813

If you want it to TSL use that:http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...lee_Mod;107043

Last mod:
Old 07-12-2010, 02:29 PM   #1094
Nikon23
Lurker

Hi,

I have a Problem on NarShadaa. The Red Ecplise enter my ship again after i fought them.
But when i enter the ship there is no captain i can fight against. I just have changed the 1st Savegame by editing the Credits.
I wanted to ask whether anyone else had this problem too or someone knows how to fix it? Maybe you are able to disable the trigger in the savegame?

Greetings
Nikon23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2010, 04:53 AM   #1095
Kulluminatii
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon23 View Post
Hi,

I have a Problem on NarShadaa. The Red Ecplise enter my ship again after i fought them.
But when i enter the ship there is no captain i can fight against. I just have changed the 1st Savegame by editing the Credits.
I wanted to ask whether anyone else had this problem too or someone knows how to fix it? Maybe you are able to disable the trigger in the savegame?

Greetings
Hey there Nikon, I am having the exact same problem you have. I did some searching and found this post.

Quote:
Tupac Amaru
06-23-2006, 03:10 AM
The Visquis message doesn't have happen right after the Eclipse encounter. The Red Eclipse will trigger the first time you return from the Refugee sector. For the Visquis message you need the Red Eclipse encounter and do enough deeds that will annoy or please the Exchange. Once that is fullfilled the message triggers when walking around the Refugee Landing Pad area (it might work in other modules as well). It is likely you simply haven't done enough quests yet to get the attention from the Exchange. Kaalah-Nah, the bat guy in the entertainment promenade, can help you with that, for some credits.

In case you have done all quests and paid Kaalah-Nah, download the Kotor Savegame Editor (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#kse), make sure the following variables are set and change them if neccessary:
Under Globals -> Numerics:
-> 300NAR_Exchange_Gap: must be 8 or higher (got enough attention from the Exchange)
-> 302NAR_Entered: must be 1 (visited the Refugee Quad)
-> 303NAR_Entered: must be 1 (visited the Docks)

Under Quests -> Landing Rights: quest state must be either 90 or 91. (resolved the Red Eclipse takeover)

As mentioned, you get the Visquis message by walking around the Refugee Landing Pad. You don't have to enter the Ebon Hawk again. It shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

If this still fails, go to Globals -> Booleans -> 300NAR_Visquis_Call: This should still be 'no'. Set it to 'yes' and the game should behave as if you had received the invitation from Visquis.
I'm going to try it now, and if it works I'll be sure to edit my post .

*EDIT*

It didn't work for me. I've tried ever combination of the above with KSE, but I can seem to get the Ebon Hawk back to normal. Its still as if The Red Eclipse are attacking...except no one is inside! I am using the Restored Content Mod, do you guys think that may have had something to do with it? If you guys have any advice on how to get past this problem without starting over, I'd love it hear it .

Last edited by Kulluminatii; 07-13-2010 at 05:25 AM.
Kulluminatii is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #1096
laitblade
Lurker

ty for the hk-47 melee mod seikan

i got a new problem now XD i restarted my game but evry time i open up the savegame editor it shows all the data from my other quick save how can i reset it? i alredy tried deleting evrything from temp folders but that didnt work
laitblade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #1097
B!eep
Lurker

Have the 3.3.3 version and I keep getting 'Attempted to read past end of end of dialog.tlk
(tried to read string 136411 but dialog.tlk has 136321 entries)
KotOR2 Spells.2da'
Anyone have any idea as to what this is and how to fix it?

All things truly wicked start from an innocence.

ERNEST HEMINGWAY, A Moveable Feast
B!eep is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2010, 12:29 PM   #1098
Kira_Tsukasa
Rookie

First, I want to say that this is a very pretty program. Organized and easy to navigate.

After playing the game through, I decided I wanted to play it again "enhanced" so I got this. However, I seem to be running into a bit of a problem. I've taken the liberty of giving myself some chemicals and components, some money, some items, and gave a boost to my stats. I went through and hit the Commit Changes button when I was finished, and got a message saying that it was successful. Now, when I go to open my save, everything loads fine with no errors or glitches that I can see...except none of the changes I made took effect. Is there something that I missed or forgot to do? I have no mods in my override folder either.

EDIT: Nevermind. Forgot to run it as administrator. :P

Last edited by Kira_Tsukasa; 08-02-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Kira_Tsukasa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #1099
Imperator_
Lurker

Hy!

I would like some help. From this forum, I downloaded an archive of TSL (kotor 2) savegames. Even though I know how to make an xbox savegame (edited by kse), I don't know how to make a legitimate and working xbox savegame of the archived TSL saves - even though I know how to handle the .sig files and all - .
So my request would be that someone pls help me in this by writing down the steps, how can one make a legitimate and working xbox savegame from a savegame that is in those arcihves.
Itt would be appreciated, for I can't get pass the peragus mining tunnels, because my x360 freezes everytime the game loads that area.

Waiting your help respectfully
Imperator

EDIT:

Can anyone help me?

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 08-16-2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: combining bump post
Imperator_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2010, 11:21 PM   #1100
mitsui58
Lurker

can somebody help me? KSE no longer recognize new save files and it wont update any existing save.. i need it to be able to fix the red eclipse bug.

please help. thank you.
mitsui58 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #1101
overture
Lurker

KSE is not registering my force points right. I maxed out every skill and attribute. But my force points are still at 40. and I'm already at the highest level in game.
overture is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #1102
lunatic_pandora
Lurker

Voice issues

Hi there. Firstly, thanks for such a great and comprehensive savegame editor.

My problem is that having changed my character's gender from male to female, the voice (as in, during combat, or if i click on their picture to select them) remains a man's voice, which is a little off-putting.

Anyone have this issue? Any solutions?
Thanks for your time.
lunatic_pandora is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #1103
JoFlashStudios
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR
Try the "soundset' property. You'll probably want to change it to "Player_Female_W" or "Player_Female_B".
JoFlashStudios is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #1104
Darth Peg
Lurker

Editor wont work!

I'd just like to say that the KSE editor 3.3.3 is by far the best game editor I've found for Kotor 1 & 2.

But I have a problem with it now, I used to have Windows Vista on my pc and the editor worked fine. Now I've upgraded to Windows 7 it doesn't seem to have any effect on my game saves!

The editor loads up fine, finds all the saved game files ok and it still appears to work on Windows 7 as it did on Vista but when it comes to loading up the edited files nothing has changed in the game!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Can anyone help me please?

Many thanks.
Darth Peg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #1105
Darth Peg
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Peg View Post
I'd just like to say that the KSE editor 3.3.3 is by far the best game editor I've found for Kotor 1 & 2.

But I have a problem with it now, I used to have Windows Vista on my pc and the editor worked fine. Now I've upgraded to Windows 7 it doesn't seem to have any effect on my game saves!

The editor loads up fine, finds all the saved game files ok and it still appears to work on Windows 7 as it did on Vista but when it comes to loading up the edited files nothing has changed in the game!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Can anyone help me please?

Many thanks.
If anyone has read my original questions above, I have found the answer to my own question!

Let me explain; What I did to solve said issue was too run the editor as an administrator and also to run program in compatibility mode for Windows Vista.

Doing these two things seems to have worked and the editor is working as it once did. I haven't tried it on KOTOR 1 but this works for KOTOR 2.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:36 AM   #1106
Master_Lin
Rookie

Current Game: TOR
@Darth Peg thanks god you found how to solve it, I've been looking for a solution since 2 days now !
But my problem was the savegames tree wouldn't update after I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, it kept the old savegames, not those I've been creating lastly.
Again, thanks !

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
Master_Lin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2012, 10:16 PM   #1107
Lowso
Lurker

Adding Force Powers

This might be a dumb question but i`m new at this.... How do i add force powers to my character? I go under feats and i see all the passive feats, but i dont see any way to add powers such as drain and stun. am i missing something ??
Lowso is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #1108
Mandalore5
Rookie

Current Game: Empire at War:Thrawn's Revenge
It's in Classes --> Force powers (for a Jedi/sith class).

I'm Mandalore, KotOR scripter-for-hire. Some know me, most don't. Here I am either way.
My KotOR1 Restoration Project (not just mine, there's someone else): http://deadlystream.com/forum/forum/...storation-k1r/
Mandalore5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2012, 01:53 AM   #1109
Ssteelrat
Lurker

ok so been racking my brain at this for a while now, is there a way for me to edit my XBOX saves using this editor. I am currently using my old xbox360 hard drive to act as a transfer between my new 360slim and my computer. any and all help will greatly be apreacheated
Ssteelrat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #1110
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssteelrat View Post
ok so been racking my brain at this for a while now, is there a way for me to edit my XBOX saves using this editor. I am currently using my old xbox360 hard drive to act as a transfer between my new 360slim and my computer. any and all help will greatly be apreacheated
Interesting idea, I would like to know if this would work too, as I much prefer the Xbox gameplay, but love all the extra cool stuff you can do with the PC version

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Obi-Wan Bologna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #1111
Darth Peg
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowso View Post
This might be a dumb question but i`m new at this.... How do i add force powers to my character? I go under feats and i see all the passive feats, but i dont see any way to add powers such as drain and stun. am i missing something ??
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I've only just got internet access again.

What you need to do is; click on Classes, then click on what ever Jedi you might be (Guardian for example), then click Force Powers.

It will show you what you already have on the left and on the right is what powers you can add.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #1112
Twilight-Kun
Rookie

what Globals need to be set to "Yes" to get aboard the Leviathan? (KOTOR)
preferably all light side choices have been used

I seriously don't want to start over after I screwed up my game...
Twilight-Kun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #1113
TSL_Revan
Lurker

I need some help with the Kotor 2 half of the editor. When I change things, nothing happens in the game. It works for Kotor 1, but not Kotor 2. I tried running it in Vista Compatibility, and Administrator mode, but when I do it in administrator mode, it doesnt recognize that I have saves at all. I'm running Windows 7 64x. Thanks for any help
TSL_Revan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #1114
Dagon3
Lurker

Error message when I try to edit.

Hello

I have recently gotten an error when using KSE 3.3.3. I have used the KSE with Kotor 2 for a long time without any problems but suddenly I am not able to edit anything at all anymore. Nothing works. The following error is from my latest save.

The first error message I get is as follows:

Error msg: Could not open P:\sith lords 2\saves\000049 - game 48\ PARTYTABLE.res for writing. at \PearApp\Bioware\GFF.pm line 907.

The other error message I get is:

Bioware::GFF::Struct::writeHeader2 at\PearlApp\Bioware\GFF.pm line 907.
Bioware::GFF::write_gff3 at \PearApp\Bioware\GFF.pm line 268
main::CommitChanges at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line1655
main::_ANON_ at kotor_savegame_editor:3.3.3.pl line 2566
Tk callback for.button 5
Tk::_ANON_ at \PearlAp\Tk.pm line 247
Tk::Button::butUp at \PearApp\Tk\Button.pm line 111
ButtonRelease-1
(Command bound to event)

And this is what I got from KSE.log:

08-17-2012 17:44:45 KSE startup v3.3.3
08-17-2012 17:44:46 KSE could not find saves directory for KotOR1.
08-17-2012 17:44:46 KSE found KotOR2 saves directory in P:\Sith lords 2
08-17-2012 17:44:46 KotOR2 spells.2da override detected.
08-17-2012 17:44:47 KotOR2 appearance.2da override detected.
08-17-2012 17:44:50 #2#000020 - Game19 clicked
08-17-2012 17:44:50 #2#000020 - Game19 clicked
08-17-2012 17:44:51 #2#000049 - Game48 clicked
08-17-2012 17:44:51 #2#000049 - Game48 clicked
08-17-2012 17:44:53 #2#000049 - Game48 clicked
08-17-2012 17:44:53 Populating Level1 for #2#000049 - Game48
08-17-2012 17:44:53 Populating Feats: #2#000049 - Game48#Feats
08-17-2012 17:44:53 Populating Journal for #2#000049 - Game48
08-17-2012 17:44:57 #2#000049 - Game48#Experience clicked
08-17-2012 17:44:57 #2#000049 - Game48#Experience clicked
08-17-2012 17:44:57 #2#000049 - Game48#GoodEvil clicked
08-17-2012 17:44:57 #2#000049 - Game48#GoodEvil clicked
08-17-2012 17:45:03 Changing GoodEvil value to 0 using field # GoodEvil
08-17-2012 17:45:03 Committing changes for 000049 - Game48
Tk::Error: Could not open P:\Sith lords 2\saves\000049 - Game48\PARTYTABLE.res for writing. at /PerlApp/Bioware/GFF.pm line 907.
Bioware::GFF::Struct::writeHeader2 at /PerlApp/Bioware/GFF.pm line 907
Bioware::GFF::write_gff3 at /PerlApp/Bioware/GFF.pm line 212
Bioware::GFF::write_gff_file at /PerlApp/Bioware/GFF.pm line 268
main::CommitChanges at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 1655
main::__ANON__ at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 2566
Tk callback for .button4
Tk::__ANON__ at /PerlApp/Tk.pm line 247
Tk::Button::butUp at /PerlApp/Tk/Button.pm line 111
<ButtonRelease-1>
(command bound to event)
08-17-2012 17:45:10 ---------Termination---------

Is there any way to fix this without having to start a new game? I have tried to load save games from long before but that did not work. I also tried using the 3.3.2a version but that did not work either.

Thanks for the help

Dagon3

Last edited by Dagon3; 08-17-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Dagon3 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #1115
rev1011
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor 2. Skyrim. Shaiya.
Most of the time when it says "bound to event", clicking "apply" won't have any bad affects, atleast not for me. Just like the "wearable hood" mod, or a few blaster mods.

Only when I click on an item that either conflicted with the line or game files, which then leads to the item no longer appearing on your KSE inventory as (e.g)"lghtsbr01 - USM Kavarsaber" but instead appears as "BadStrRef [0424010]" (do not save when this happens!).
That example normally stops the item showing in my in-game inventory or simply messes my save up. >.<
Never-the-less, the item can still be spawned in-game by using the "~" and entering the "giveitem" code. Although, it normally doesn't work like it should. (E.g)I had a few different armor mods and wanted to try them all, but it said BadStrReff when I added one or two of them threw the KSE.
I tried using the give item code instead, and when I got them, they either made the game crash or appeared to look like the robes/armor from another mod (which was not how they were meant to look). This is due to file conflicting or 2DA Confliction.

Other things I noticed. When importing my KSE from my laptop to my pc, I tried getting the KSE to apply these changes that I made on the save file, but when I played the game, nothing got changed. I then downloaded KSE again, to which I then discovered I had to change the KSE's configuration to "run as administrator" and to run on the same windows compatability setting as what my Kotor was running on.

Another problem I had where I had a KSE in both my Kotor 1 and kotor 2 overide folders.
I could use KSE fine with Kotor 2, but with Kotor 1, the KSE never displayed any save games from K1. I then discovered I had placed a copy of the original KSE in my kotor 1 override folder, but the the original KSE was in my "downloads" folder(this KSE worked when I attempted to edit k1 with it).

rev1011 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #1116
banesith
Lurker

problem

i finished the first encounter with atris and done everything in the polar area but when i talk to aton and say continue talk with kreia nothing happens and i cant talk to kreia or beo-dor and i cant tell t3 its time to go
banesith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2012, 04:31 AM   #1117
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

Use TSLRCM (or just not drop your weapons right away).

Not sure what it has to do with KSE though...
Hassat Hunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #1118
kovak007
Lurker

CutStart item sequence and candorous's inept handling of the terminal

Ok, i just escaped from the leviathan, and now i am stuck with the cutstart thing, i have not modded the gender, or class, and its not working, also, candorous, while he has computer stats, he cannot use the brig terminal, so i kinda need help...
kovak007 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #1119
Gvaz
Lurker

Hi, KSE works fine for me, no real issues except....

KSE does not know where my KOTOR 2 folder is. Every time I run the program I have to manually enter it into the program. It sees my KOTOR folder just fine. I have the games on steam.

What do I do to fix this?
Gvaz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #1120
Gvaz
Lurker

I am stuck can anyone help?

What values do I change in order to get the cutscene to go back to Onderon?

I'm running the latest versions of TSLRCM and the hk factory mod (whatever that weird naming scheme is) and mostly just texture mods and the korriban tomb and corescant planet mods, and some force power mod.

Anyways, I did Onderon last and I've tried a whole bunch of **** figuring maybe that would advance the plot so the mandalorean would call me back, and he hasn't. Every time I enter the ship, it starts to fade to black, then goes to normal as if it wanted to run something but it couldn't.

My journal shows up with:

"hey this bith has his arm cut off"
"Hey this is master Kavar, I'll call you later"
"from the datapad you found on korriban, t3 says you can go to the planet m4-78 to find jedi master Vash the Stampede"

(a little embellishment but that's the current progress)

I've completed all other planets, and all other content. Everything. I'm stuck, right here and I have no idea what to do. Can I warp somewhere? Can I change some values in KSE in order to force it to fire?

help
Gvaz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

Tags
kotor modding tool, kse