lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How To Make A Texture Look Holographic
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
How To Make A Texture Look Holographic

Well everyone, this is my first tutorial so bare with me

As the title suggests I'm going to show you how to give your textures that classic SW hologram look, nothing special but it could be useful

Tools:
1) A texture (kinda makes sense)
2) GIMP/Photoshop (I'll be using GIMP but either should work)

OK, so the first thing you'll need to do is load up your texture. Set the color balance so your texture has the light blue SW color.

Then, you'll want to duplicate your texture twice, so you have three.

Set the transparency like so: top layer = 50%, mid layer = 60%, bottom layer = 70%

Now select the top layer and go to Filters > Distorts > Wind. Using the default settings, click OK. Repeat the process but this time, check right instead of left.

Now, select the bottom layer and go to Filters > Blur > Gaussian Blur. Here you can fiddle with the values until you find something you like.

Now merge all the layers down into one, set the new layer transparency to 80%. Go to Filters > Distorts > Video, keep the default settings. Provided everything went well, you should now see something similar to a star wars hologram.

Depending on your texture, you may need to play around with a few things to get the effect you're looking for.

Thanks for reading and I hope this has been helpful

[Tutorial By:darth-ackbar
Original Thread:Click Here]

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Tutorials: Skinning and Modeling > How To Make A Texture Look Holographic