lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars Youtube Copyright: Lucas or Fox?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
mfinnie
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Star Wars Youtube Copyright: Lucas or Fox?

I've noticed this: the only videos of Star Wars authorized taken down on Youtube are the "Part 1" of a playlist where someone does this "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope Part 1 HD", or a Clone Wars episode someone leaked.

But now, the faithful Youtube users are being targeted, for even making a Music Video or a fan trailer. The agressor: Twentieth Century Fox.

Wait a minute? Fox? I thought Fox's Staff personally agreed with George Lucas to have Lucasfilm own the rights/liscensing to Star Wars? Am I right in thinking Lucasfilm LTD has the rights?

Star Wars.com even says:
Quote:
STAR WARS, STARWARS.COM; STAR WARS: EPISODE I – THE PHANTOM MENACE; STAR WARS: EPISODE II – ATTACK OF THE CLONES; STAR WARS: EPISODE III – REVENGE OF THE SITH; STAR WARS: EPISODE IV – A NEW HOPE; STAR WARS: EPISODE V – THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK; STAR WARS: EPISODE VI – RETURN OF THE JEDI (collectively referred to herein as the “Star Wars Properties”) and all other Lucas productions, and all logos, characters, artwork, stories, information, names, and other unique elements associated thereto are the sole and exclusive property of Lucas and/or its licensors.
Even stating Lucasfilm's disclaimer, or emailing Lucas to get permission doesn't stop Fox from blocking a video worldwide instantaneously. What is happening?
mfinnie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2012, 02:13 AM   #2
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
They aren't making a profit from these vids so they are removing them, simple no?

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2012, 02:47 AM   #3
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Fox has distribution rights.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > The Cantina > Star Wars Youtube Copyright: Lucas or Fox?