lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Force Unleashed 3 Not dead after all?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
justin8821
Lurker

Force Unleashed 3 Not dead after all?

This was a screen cap from Sams offical facebook page. The last we heard of the game that is was scrapped last year. Seems like thats not the case.
justin8821 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2012, 01:30 AM   #2
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Well, they did leave it at a cliffhanger at the end of the 2nd game. They at least need closure with the series.

And here is the link to the page that Justin is showing:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2259498&type=1

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Last edited by Shem; 04-15-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2012, 01:46 AM   #3
justin8821
Lurker

I hope this is true. The 3rd game needs to be more like the first one. This is a grain of salt news so hopefully more news will come from E3
justin8821 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
Zwier Zak

We'll see.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin8821 View Post
I hope this is true. The 3rd game needs to be more like the first one. This is a grain of salt news so hopefully more news will come from E3
I agree. I was disappointed in the 2nd game. The storyline wasn't great and their challenge mode wasn't constructed very well. They needed to model that more like how Rocksteady Studios did the Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Old 04-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #6
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin8821 View Post
This was a screen cap from Sams offical facebook page. The last we heard of the game that is was scrapped last year. Seems like thats not the case.
Nothing new there. He had already said in the past that the only solution is to write LucasArts about the game. And if people need to write about it to LucasArts, that's because they are not considering making it in the near future.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
Zwier Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Nothing new there. He had already said in the past that the only solution is to write LucasArts about the game. And if people need to write about it to LucasArts, that's because they are not considering making it in the near future.
Pretty much what I was thinking. He just sounds like someone looking for a job. Besides he's an actor. He needs to make some buzz around himself from time to time.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #8
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I wouldn't say that he needs to make some buzz, but it's more about him truly not having a concrete answer for so much begging from the fans.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #9
Twilight-Kun
Rookie

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed III would probably have Starkiller facing off against the Dark Apprentice, who appears to be canon (Vader told the DA to intervene if needed, but since Vader's life wasn't in danger, he remained cloaked and withdrew)

I'm guessing Boba Fett somehow manages to cause a distraction that causes Vader to escape and Starkiller gets sidetracked by the Dark Apprentice, who probably kills Kota, and maybe Juno, causing Starkiller to duel the DA to the death, and they probably end up killing each other

I really hope they keep the Rage/Fury meter, that was a fun tactic
Twilight-Kun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #10
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
The Dark Apprentice's existence is definitely canon. We've had this discussion before, where I spelled out that it is the only logical opinion. And yes, I would love for him to the the villain in the third installment.

And yes, I feel a third installment is a necessity. We have Vader in captivity, and Starkiller's very existence, especially him being a part of the Rebel Alliance, will become problematic by the time of A New Hope. If we don't get a third game, I hope that at least Del Ray or Dark Horse would develop a story in written form simply for closure; but that avenue would not have as much impact as a new game would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2012, 12:50 AM   #11
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
I wasn't too wowed by TFU II, III could be better or worse.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
I actually though that TFU2 was incredibly fun game to play, even more than the first. Too bad the game was so short and the story was blah. Why they aren't releasing loads more DLC to compensate is beyond me.

Quote:
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Old 04-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #13
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Because nobody would buy it.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:43 AM   #14
Twilight-Kun
Rookie

I would...as long as they also released it for the Steam Version (with its terrible FPS)
Twilight-Kun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #15
Gerevick
Rookie

LF Jester 
It will be interesting to see how the events of the third installment of this series unfold. I personally would like to know what fate is in store for Kota. He expressed an unusual wish for Vader to be executed. Vader will invariably escape and I can imagine Starkiller and Kota going against him together. One will perish by Vaderīs hand, most likely Kota and somehow Starkiller will either dissappear or die in yet another heoric attempt.

Whatever they decide, they have to plan this new venture carefully. A rush job has never become any great Star Wars game.

I fought on the battlefield. I retired to embrace a life of discovery and profit. I carve my own path in life and am better for it.
Gerevick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #16
Jamps

With the announcement of 1313, its hard to see TFU3 being made anytime soon. While I'm not the biggest fan of the TFU games, I would like to see the story brought to a conclusion. My only major complaints about TFU are the length and minor control issues. They really aren't bad games....

I just hope they don't completely scrap it like they did the KOTOR series. The story has taken a turn which could set up an interesting conclusion. TFU has spawned some pretty likable characters and I would like to see what they end up doing with them.
Jamps is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #17
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamps View Post
My only major complaints about TFU are the length and minor control issues. They really aren't bad games....
Agreed. In fact, the only major complaint I have with the second game is just the lack of features on the PC version when compared to the consoles.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #18
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I sure hope it's dead. Dip**** anime gameplay, a dopey emo protagonist, and a storyline that messes up the EU even worse than it already is, no thank you.
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #19
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
The last thing on your list there is precisely why there needs to be a third installment. The story needs to be resolved. (And before you say you can write it off as uncanonical, while it is true that an individual is certainly free to do this, the game is still accepted as canon and therefore needs a resolution in some form, whether it be a new game, a comic, etc.)

Gonna disagree about the gameplay, however: I thought these games were very fun to play. Agreed about the crappy story and characters, though.

Quote:
Old 06-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #20
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I have no complaints against the story and/or the characters.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:04 AM   #21
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Meh, I could take it or leave it. It is kinda-sorta like an expanded gameplay version of Jedi Knight. It has its fun points and its flaws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samnmax221 View Post
Dip**** anime gameplay,
Curious if I may go off topic for the moment, I've always wanted to ask: What exactly is your chief criticism about anime?

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #22
SmootheOperator
Rookie

Current Game: Replaying Gears Of War trilogy
Quote:
With the announcement of 1313, its hard to see TFU3 being made anytime soon. While I'm not the biggest fan of the TFU games, I would like to see the story brought to a conclusion. My only major complaints about TFU are the length and minor control issues. They really aren't bad games....

I just hope they don't completely scrap it like they did the KOTOR series. The story has taken a turn which could set up an interesting conclusion. TFU has spawned some pretty likable characters and I would like to see what they end up doing with them.
as soon as 1313 was announced, the chance for a TFU3 went farther adn farther down the tubes. Now that they have opened up a new game, as well as continued development on The Old Republic, i doubt TFU3 will ever see the light of day. Don't get me wrong, i am hoping like hell that they bring Starkillers story to a close, but i hope the same thing about Republic Commando 2, and the likelihood of that, is next to nil

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
SmootheOperator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2012, 12:30 AM   #23
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Leave it to LucasArts these days to develop a decent stand-alone game, whose protagonist dies in the end, leaving no possibilities for sequels, and then go and make a sequel (which, in my opinion, was pretty great gameplay-wise) with the most ridiculous excuse for bringing a dead character back from the dead, and leave us with an unresolved cliffhanger ending with no intention of ever tying up the loose ends. That's LucasArts these days.

Why the hell don't they simply release more DLC to keep the story going? Even light side (canonical) DLC would be pretty cool.

Quote:
Old 06-23-2012, 05:00 AM   #24
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
They are working on another project besides 1313. I believe it to be Battlefront III, but it could very well be TFU III aswell.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #25
Jamps

Quote:
They are working on another project besides 1313. I believe it to be Battlefront III, but it could very well be TFU III aswell.
Just out of curiosity, how do you know there is a second project? That would be great news. You'd think the folks at Lucasarts are the only people in the community who don't know of the demand for SWBF3...
Old 06-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #26
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I believe it was Gamespot or IGN. I'll have to find the link.

Still, the press release of the game corroborates that when they say: "We're excited to share one of the projects LucasArts has been hard at work developing (...)".

Quote:
You'd think the folks at Lucasarts are the only people in the community who don't know of the demand for SWBF3...
Well, they are aware of the demand. So much so that they were already making it until it was cancelled.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #27
Jamps

I'm interested to see what this project is, especially since they started doing everything in-house.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:21 AM   #28
Zwier Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Avlectus View Post
Meh, I could take it or leave it. It is kinda-sorta like an expanded gameplay version of Jedi Knight. It has its fun points and its flaws.
If by expanded you mean limited and nothing alike then yeah. Sure.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #29
Zwier Zak

Quote:
Well, they are aware of the demand. So much so that they were already making it until it was cancelled.
This. Besides the BF fans got off easy. They got some games for the PSP. What did Jedi Knight fans get. A big peace of nothing.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #30
Walecs
Lurker

Paul Meegan, who became LucasArts' president in 2010 and cancelled TFU 3, as well as almost cancelling TFU 2 (that's why it's so short) and Monkey Island 2 SE, left LucasArts last month. This means, that there chances to see a new game.
Walecs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2012, 02:55 AM   #31
SmootheOperator
Rookie

possible bonus points for Disney if they pay attention to the people that buy star wars games. Make TFU3 and make it good!

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 11-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #32
Jedi Warrior
Rookie

Hope the rumors are true Force Unleashed 3 would be sweet and would bring closure to the series.(But it needs to be longer than TFU2)

Jedi Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #33
SmootheOperator
Rookie

Yes, much longer. I liked the game itself. It had a bunch of new, interesting droids to fight, characters that we didn't expect, but even though they had a small part, they were still significant to the people that cared (obviously Yoda and the Fett). But more variety in the levels, and more of them. Yes the first one had Felucia twice, and Raxus Prime twice, but they were different mood to the world, and different ways the world reacted to your presence. If i can spend half a Star Wars game on Cato Neimoidia, i am being left wanting.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:53 AM   #34
JediSithLordAdas
Rookie

Just to be honest on this.
I think lucas lost out, when he didn't pay attention to what the ppl wanted to see in the Star Wars, an even Indiana Jones & other games, movies, series etc.

Id love to see a TFU3.
As it did leave the story hanging in the balance.

But Lucas has done this to himself, an so we get disney, which has done many yrs of animated movies, amongst other things taking over.

in regards to disney games, majority of them centered are centered towards kids 2yrs an older.
Are we sure we really want them working on a game that does have medium violence, an tinkerbell easter eggs.

"May The Force Be With You"

JediSithLordAdas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2012, 05:56 AM   #35
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootheOperator View Post
possible bonus points for Disney if they pay attention to the people that buy star wars games.
They don't. Disney is not very good on the videogame department. Besides, their plans for LucasArts is to do mobile and social games.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #36
SmootheOperator
Rookie

Quote:
They don't. Disney is not very good on the videogame department. Besides, their plans for LucasArts is to do mobile and social games.
I heard that about Disneys plans, mobile games and little crap like that. Not exactly my choice of platforms to take star wars, but i guess that is where the money is.

Has Disney put out any decent games? There was some hype about epic mickey when it came out, but i haven't heard of anything else.

I guess hopes and dreams don't pay to have games made.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #37
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
But they still make them. For example, Disney Universe came out last year.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #38
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
TFU has some things in common with JK, but I don't really think it's adequate to say it's the same, anymore than Battlefront is similar to JK, or Republic Commando is similar.

Throwing people around with the Force in TFU/2 kind of reminds me of throwing people around with the Force in JK2/JKA but that's about it. Force Unleashed games to me feel a lot more scripted (and not just the QTE sequences), even though the primary "fun" in it are the destructable environments. Whereas JK has always been an FPS series with detailed melee combat (and let's face it, TFU's melee combat is pretty basic in comparison, though some might disagree when it comes to the Wii versions).

As far as the whole portable thing goes, I don't see why they can't port a game to the PC. I mean, you can play it on your laptop, right? But I'm not too thrilled about the dumbed down games that appear on smartphones and stuff (with the controls taking up half the screen, or looking like a flash game). Granted, there are tons of such games now and they've improved over the years, but still. Imagine a smart phone game where you wipe your fingers across the screen constantly to swing your lightsaber. Kinda fun for 5 minutes, but not worth an entire multi-hour campaign. The other type of game you're likely to see is a Super Star Wars type of trilogy with the buttons on the physical screen stuff. The PS Vita and the 3DS are still limited by the touch screen/ps2 style controller gameplay, which might work okay for TFU style games, so I could see that, but they don't work as well for FPS games, unless you do auto-aim and stuff like that.

The need to come up with some other options. The gaming market has moved steadily towards console gaming and towards a younger demographic in one area and the casual gamer market in another. There's still some in the middle, so I'm not sure what's going to happen there. Hopefully they throw us a bone before too long, though. There's money to be made off us, while we still have some.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn

Last edited by Kurgan; 11-28-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2012, 03:02 AM   #39
Livingtime
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootheOperator View Post
I heard that about Disneys plans, mobile games and little crap like that. Not exactly my choice of platforms to take star wars, but i guess that is where the money is.

Has Disney put out any decent games? There was some hype about epic mickey when it came out, but i haven't heard of anything else.

I guess hopes and dreams don't pay to have games made.
Kingdom Hearts is a prime example of the potential that lies with Disney. Square Enix worked along side them, so from that we can assume many decent games will be released IF they work with the right companies.
Livingtime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #40
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
"We're likely to focus more on social and mobile than we are on console. We'll look opportunistically at console, mostly likely at licensing rather than publishing. But we think that given the nature of these characters and how well known they are and the storytelling that they lend themselves quite nicely as they've already demonstrated to the other platforms."

– Bob Iger. Chairman & CEO, The Walt Disney Company

Source (Page 16)

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > Force Unleashed 3 Not dead after all?