lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Amazing JK Enhanced
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-13-2010, 09:10 PM   #41
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I continue to be amazed by two things, ...the scale and audacity and artistry of the original level designers....and the amazing way that the JKE and the enhanced texture pack make this a beautiful game for modern players as well as for those who loved it when it first came out.

the way the designers use the machinery and the urban setting and demand that you explore and figure out how to progress is remarkable...

the masterful use of colour, light and texture makes the progress you make really feel epic

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #42
jedimike2234
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisG View Post
I continue to be amazed by two things, ...the scale and audacity and artistry of the original level designers....and the amazing way that the JKE and the enhanced texture pack make this a beautiful game for modern players as well as for those who loved it when it first came out.

the way the designers use the machinery and the urban setting and demand that you explore and figure out how to progress is remarkable...

the masterful use of colour, light and texture makes the progress you make really feel epic

Hey Chris ,im glad you got it to work,the great thing is as you progress you'll see some fantastic changes in the textures.The level design was was also mind blowing,the levels are huge and you always felt like you were just one person in a huge galaxy trying to go about your business.
jedimike2234 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #43
CrisG
Aging Jedi

I totally agree Mike, it is such a real feeling, you dont know what is going on really, just as he didnt, but you have to keep going. As I study the records and information that we can find on the level design, it looks like individual people did individual levels and I bet they spent a LOT of time, i mean as designers, the teams that actually did the work were probably many people, but the scale is just amazing, they were not afraid to have huge interior or exterior spaces and the feelings i get sometimes perched on some walkway high high above an infinite fall below are ...well ..quite amazing.

And the new textures really do improve things remarkably what an effort that must have been. I am eager to get past the stopping place i reached before, which was just past getting out of the vast underground waterworks....and things were just getting very interesting...20 levels in all, and that is a LOT to look forward to.

Some of these classic games have a lot to teach the next gen ones that are coming out now, they are graphically stunning true, but these older ones are really well made and have a lot to teach.

DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
Old 07-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #44
CrisG
Aging Jedi

I am going to restart this play thru as i had to uninstall fora while but wanted to keep this thread alive as this really is a great improvment on a classic game. I hope eveyone has a chance to try it out.....and I will keep working on the possiblity of adding more to the MoTS when it is possible and other projects and work allow. There is a small update for the Enhanced Textures.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:56 AM   #45
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
I still prefer the classic look for nostalgia, but JKE is very impressive and I'm glad it exists!

Now good luck to the folks working on MotS enhanced...!

MTFBWY

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Knight / MotS > The Amazing JK Enhanced