Thread: The Old Republic for Dummies
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #11
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
the story behind the nature of the Hutt world is an interesting one re the development of the Star Wars games and the evolution of the actual Star wars story, for Lucas and George have worked closely with the developers who have made games for the SW universe, and the nature of the Hutt seedy underworld and Las Vegas style crime lords began a bit with a planet that was being developed for the first Knights of the Old Republic game, KoTOR I, a world called Sleheyron which was also a planet in Hutt Space and home to many clans of Hutts. It was intended to have a story revolving around the many clan crime bosses and the world was almost fully finished, well, the story was, and the actual 3D planet was maybe 60 - 70 percent finished, one of the lead writers for it Daivid Gaider gave us this background several years ago when we were researching lost content for KoTOR I, but then the big suits in charge of the game release pushed up the release date and a bunch of things were dropped from the game including that world. I think the thinking behind that and the planning may have helped create this version of Nar Shaddaa, which has had its own development stream thru the various Star Wars games, for it appears in Jedi Knight and then again in Jedi Knight Outcast and again in Academy with some spectacular sequences...and again in KoTOR II, so there have been lots of hands at work on it over the years.

This version is remarkable and really well done. So far the missions and action seem quite balanced and good, i am glad i worked hard in Taris and leveled up as much as possible, being just now at Level 23, i did almost all of the quests, dropping only a few that did not interest me...by the time i got to the last group of bonus missions from the Governor down in the south east of the map, i was just not interested in helping the local scientists 'preserve' ugly and useless forms of life that were must better OFF the planet for good. I was ready to move on. You are put to work right away, in the Jedi path, doing things and I look forward to more today. I look forward to seeing more of the Gran, Rodian, Weequay and of course the massive Hutt themselves.

I am saving carefully for the transition to speeder, i assume we get the speeder license from a vendor somewhere?

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > The Old Republic for Dummies