lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: 2012 - Time for JK4
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-01-2012, 05:58 AM   #41
Ham Yoyo

Lucasarts has been working on Star Wars Kinect which is just a tool to sell more Kinect systems. They should be working on JK4 with the latest graphics for the 360, PS3, and PC. Plus put at least 25 levels in the SP campaign.

My dream, to watch Imperial ships explode in my gunsights.
Ham Yoyo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #42
irish_texan
Rookie

Current Game: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
The Force physics in TFU/2 is pretty nifty. I'm sure if that were part of the JK series, people would appreciate it. However the rest of the game would need to be completely different. If it were a button mashing linear console game, it just wouldn't do it.
thats pretty much what i meant; the great force physics of TFU plus the lightsaber combat of JK would be a pretty good combination.
irish_texan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #43
Tinny

Dudes.. i am so glad they are not making another jedi knight and focusing their efforts on awesome stuff like this:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/im...ct-star/728712

Warning: what is seen cannot be unseen..

Redeemed!

An old school mod for jedi academy.
Tinny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #44
irish_texan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinny View Post
Dudes.. i am so glad they are not making another jedi knight and focusing their efforts on awesome stuff like this:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/im...ct-star/728712

Warning: what is seen cannot be unseen..
what can i say? they appeal to the masses. apparently there are masses of little kids out there who like star wars video games. back in my day little kids colored pictures and played outside, and video games were reserved for people with better motor skills, strategic thought processes, and hand-eye coordination (aka teenagers, adults)... but apparently thats changed.
i guess you cant blame lucasarts... they do what they can to make money and apparently this is what people want these days.

Last edited by irish_texan; 04-06-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:26 AM   #45
Zwier Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus_Scotus View Post
what can i say? they appeal to the masses. apparently there are masses of little kids out there who like star wars video games. back in my day little kids colored pictures and played outside, and video games were reserved for people with better motor skills, strategic thought processes, and hand-eye coordination (aka teenagers, adults)... but apparently thats changed.
i guess you cant blame lucasarts... they do what they can to make money and apparently this is what people want these days.
Your avatar shows what I feel looking at that game.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #46
Razor_Face
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwier Zak View Post
Your avatar shows what I feel looking at that game.
lol i totally agree xD so true. its sad that this is what star wars has come to
Razor_Face is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2012, 04:56 AM   #47
kasser

I am very positive that whatever Lucas's intention of the Unreal Engine is to appeal to our kind of audience again.

Lucas went through many transitions in the past years. Since the release of critic-successful Star Wars games (Jedi Outcast, KOTOR, Republic Commando), president of LA has been changed multiple times, key people left, employees firing and as well as new faces joining. During of this chaos in the company management, we seen Lucas putting all of their focus to produce games to appeal to the so called "masses". True that TFU 1 cashed a lot of money but that did not mean the game was complete success. Original Lucas audience did not love it, and critics gave it slightly above average score. However, Lucas did not understand this and thought "well, it cashed the first time, why not the second?" and then we all know how horrible TFU2 got in the press.

Now we see Lucas crawling slowly back to what they were best at. It began with the return of Monkey Island (3 Monkey Island games!) and giving The Old Republic back to BioWare and we see it now as MMO (I hoped for an RPG but hey, maybe they will make one after the fanbase expand!).

So that is why I am positive that the licenses of Unreal Engine means they are making a game (or more?) between those three titles: Battlefront, Jedi Knight and Republic Commando.

Unfortunately, Jedi Knight is a tricky series to continue. It is risky because the series is unknown to the current market (no guarantee that it will sell high) specially that JK follows a classical fps gameplay approach. If you all remember, the 90s fps games had a kind of "sense of exploring". You always get stuck at least three times in a level and you try to think out-of-the-box to get to another stage. You have a lot of moments where the player is alone and the environment is too quite and suddenly you find yourself going inside sewers, jumping from roof to roof, messin around inside a spaceship engine room. Now all current games aren't like that. People of this generation are mostly in "cover and shoot" or fast slashing action. The only series I can think of that is still to its root is Half-Life and Valve still did not announce anything about Ep.3.

My bottomline is: I just hope Lucas makes the right direction for us, JK audience. I hope they modernize the series so it attract more fans but as well as it stays to its origins to satisfy us.

sorry for the long post but I just wanted to express my feeling on all of this .
kasser is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2012, 06:37 AM   #48
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasser View Post
Original Lucas audience did not love it,
Who's part of the "original Lucas audience"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasser View Post
Now we see Lucas crawling slowly back to what they were best at. It began with the return of Monkey Island (3 Monkey Island games!) and giving The Old Republic back to BioWare and we see it now as MMO (I hoped for an RPG but hey, maybe they will make one after the fanbase expand!).
Well, Darrell Rodriguez was the one who brought Monkey Island back to the spotlight again and he wanted to do the same to the rest of LucasArts adventure games catalogue. However, he left LucasArts back in 2010, and the plan to bring those back seem to have died with his departure. As for The Old Republic, well, it's not like they were giving it to someone else.

We know that they were making BFIII, but the developer went bankrupt and so the build died there. They have interest in releasing it, that for certain.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #49
Twilight-Kun
Rookie

I want a JK game with Force Unleashed lightsaber combat (lightsaber/force combos, with blasters and tiered force powers)

perhaps a game based during the Vong War?
Twilight-Kun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #50
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight-Kun View Post
I want a JK game with Force Unleashed lightsaber combat
Really? I'd rather have a The Force Unleashed game with JK lightsaber combat than the other way around. The lightsaber combat of The Force Unleashed was very basic, unlike the one from the JK games.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2012, 11:20 PM   #51
Tinny

Yeah, i love the physics and storytelling in force unleashed, but i don't want to turn the JK series into a hack n' slash one.

Redeemed!

Old 04-23-2012, 02:55 AM   #52
Twilight-Kun
Rookie

well, once you get a lightsaber, it kinda does turn into hack-n-slash

so...

they need to at least have TFU-level graphics with JK combat and story
Twilight-Kun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #53
Tinny

It can be button clicky. If you're dueling though (especially in multiplayer), if you keep clicking the same button or doing the same thing over and over again, you'd get chopped up fast. With really good duelers I'd have to mix up combos and different directional slashes and know when to strike and when to sit back.

Redeemed!

Old 04-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #54
irish_texan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Really? I'd rather have a The Force Unleashed game with JK lightsaber combat than the other way around. The lightsaber combat of The Force Unleashed was very basic, unlike the one from the JK games.
although many times i think you argue for the sake of arguing, im going to have to agree with you on this.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #55
oskyster
Rookie

Current Game: Jedi Academy
Jedi Knight IV: Survivors of the New Republic

----------------------------------------------
sounds like a good title to me

You know, play as Jaden(Jedi Master), but this time assisted by Kyle/Luke. When i played in JK3 with Kyle it was better, more realistic. A few Jedi Knights are alive and they are refugees, fighting the Imperial Forces...and if they make JK4, maybe they will add Space Battles like in Battlefront 2.

Im not a Star Wars ''geek'', i dont buy books/read novels about SW but i've been playing since Dark Forces...I know something about Star Wars, not the horrible(IMO) cartoons on CN.

oskyster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #56
Zwier Zak

I already posted this in another thread but I see no harm in doing it again. Here's a FB page asking for a new Jedi Knight title. It's worth a shoot. A similar page for BF3 already has over 4000 likes.

https://www.facebook.com/NewJediKnightGame
Old 07-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #57
irish_texan
Rookie

nice! ill hop on that bandwagon. (ive already hopped on bf3)

Old 07-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #58
Zwier Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus_Scotus View Post
nice! ill hop on that bandwagon. (ive already hopped on bf3)
Cool. Large communities of potential customers could influence LA to consider a HD remake or (if the numbers are high enough) a full sequel. It's wort a try.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #59
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
If only we had the fury and the force of angry Bioware fans...

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #60
setlec
Rookie

Bioware fans? aren't they supposed to be weak? i mean their allegiance are almost meaning less compared to the JK fan base...
setlec is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2012, 04:18 AM   #61
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
I want JK4 yesterday.
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > 2012 - Time for JK4