Thread: Let's Kill Something as a Guild.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #41
Hawkeye
Lurker

Current Game: Battlefields
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
Oh hey, Hawkeye, glad you made it here. And I agree, more of this!
Well I was going to ask Lynk to post the photos on Twilight, but figured it be quicker to visit here. I just wish the reg was quicker then 20 minutes.

Overall I think we could do WB twice a month at the same time we had set up for the last one, such as once a forthnight, Once as Carpets and then we do the next one as Meatbags to give it rotation.

There are Heroic areas... Which we could set up days on certain days of the week. But kinda of more relaxed if three out of five online turn up kinda of set up. It would be nice to have some team mates to work with, Maybe open it up if there are slots to other helps gets new members?
Hawkeye is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #42
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Problem on the Meatbag side is the lack of Tanks and Healers, everyone is pretty much DPS. I'm guessing I'm going to have to respec my Agent to a healer, but not doing that until I finish the story section. Right now my agent has been setting on Hoth forever....I hate Hoth. Have a story ops Thursday, but after that I will get back to work on her. I don't think we want to tackle even the mid-leveled boss without either a healer or a tank. The only Tank listed in the guild other than DP is my Sith Inquisitor Assassin and even she is DPS right now. Also don't think I can heal and tank at the same time.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #43
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Jeff's a Powertech tank and Mav's a Sorceror healer on the IMB side. Their toons are mid-30s at the moment.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #44
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
Jeff's a Powertech tank and Mav's a Sorceror healer on the IMB side. Their toons are mid-30s at the moment.
Missed Jeff's, but the IM thread is wrong about Mav's then... Should have known not to trust it....

Last edited by mimartin; 05-07-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #45
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Jeff's too lazy to update it

Old 05-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #46
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Healing is boring as ****, I don't know how you do it.

-

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2012, 04:03 AM   #47
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Heal with more gusto, yah! *cracks whip*

Old 05-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #48
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Healing is boring as ****, I don't know how you do it.

-
Quote:
Heal with more gusto, yah! *cracks whip*
@Mav try going through 99.999% of the game solo as a healer with a tank companion...

One of my favorite things about being a healer is the praise.... In Ops the only time I remember someone publicly praising me was during the puzzle phase (usual people use whisper to say thanks for some unknown reason). Every time I healed someone during the puzzle I would draw aggro from everyone and end up getting stun. Well I forgot my place and we wiped. Next time they told me to just worry about the puzzle and maybe throw out heal here and there if necessary. Well I finished the puzzle and hit Angelic with a huge heal with about 1% or 2% health. Seijin yelled great save, but it really wasn’t. It was just luck that I finished the puzzle fast enough, because I wasn’t going to screw it up for a second time. So about the only time I get praise is when I make a mistake. Healers also get yelled at when they do everything right. Someone stands in lava or AOE and then blames the healer for dying. Sorry if you are not the Tank, move because when a huge AOE is happening I’m moving and then I’m going to be throwing the big stuff at the tank, you can move just like me….

Don’t even get me started about the guy running through and standing in the lava. Yes, your armor is great on your main toon, maybe the best in the game, but that does not protect your under equipped alt from lava. Get your butt on the rocks with everyone else because I’m throwing out a AOE heal for the group and then hitting the tank with a big one before the boss starts pounding on him/her again. Then if you are still alive, I will hit you with a heal, if not then tough, I’m not using in combat revive on you just so you can do the same thing when we move to the next rock.

Sorry for the vent, but DPS could make things so much easier on healers just by not being stupid and taking unnecessary damage. Yes, your companion healer was better than me, but it may have something to do with them only healing you and not 7 more people at the same time. Oh, and we know, I may not be able to describe what the boss looks like, but I can tell you who ran through the lava or stood there in AOE, when someone takes a lot of damage fast we know. I stop what I’m doing and hit them with a heal as I quickly get that person in my sights while hitting the next heal trying to see if I can stun whatever is damaging the person. So we know…

Last edited by mimartin; 05-08-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #49
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Quote:
Jeff's too lazy to update it
I would update that thread if I could, but I don't want the responsibility that comes with being capable of updating that thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
@Mav try going through 99.999% of the game solo as a healer with a tank companion...
There is a reason my alt is leveling with Jeff and Kus.

-

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #50
Hawkeye
Lurker

Current Game: Battlefields
Well i given Kyon as a healer now....
Hawkeye is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #51
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Can we kill something as a guild again? Not a major op, and it doesn't have to be a WB run. Just something that we can do as Walking Carpets for an hour or so that doesn't require everyone be at the same level.

It's just that yesterday I had to pay a visit to Ord Mantell and... I had an overwhelming urge (probably from the Darkside) to go to that island and just kill all the Savrips all at once, just for the heck of it.

I still want to kill that super-wampa Frostclaw in that H4 mission on Hoth. Killed me and three others in the group I was with in like 30 seconds--twice! Got another group a day later and...same thing happened. -.- His furry days are numbered. In fact, I might try to get him again tonight when I get home from work...

Or if we can't agree on what to kill, maybe we can try a pantless WB run?

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)
Old 08-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #52
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

If you want to kill Frostclaw, then just yell this weekend and I will get Leyn'a (fast) or Brem (slow, but safe) and we will kill him.

Now if you want to kill Snowblind or Gargath we would need a few more for that. Depending on the time, could most likely get few from CA or pug and pull either off rather easily. Pretty much will do anything below Nightmare Pilgrim (Voss WB) with a few decently equipped 50s and a decent tank. Voss WB takes a full well equipped Ops team.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Guilds > The Walking Carpets & Imperialist Basterds > Let's Kill Something as a Guild.