1) download pakscape
2) using pakscape, open the assets1.pk3 in your base folder (base folder probably located at "c:\program files\lucasarts\star wars jedi academy\gamedata\base" if you use windows).
*before editing the assets1.pk3, go to your jka base folder and copy the assets1.pk3 file. paste the copy somewhere else, as long as its not in the base folder. youll need this backup file in case you screw something up.
youll only need this step if you edit the assets1.pk3, not if you create a new .pk3 file. i recommend just creating a new pak file with pakscape. its easier, faster, and less problematic.*
3) within the assets1.pk3 file, follow this file path: "assets1\ext_data\sabers"
4) in the sabers folder, youll see all the sabers in the game. choose the one you like to use (or all of them) and copy the file.
5) paste the file somewhere outside pakscape. you can use your desktop, this will only be temporary. after youre done with the whole process, you can delete these copies.
*be sure to copy and paste the file before you edit it, otherwise your changes will not be saved, even if you click save.*
6) open the saber file and add these lines:
within the brackets.
and erase these lines:
7) here you have two options:
1:save the file, and cut and past the saved file back into your assets1.pk3 in pakscape, in the same place you copied it from originally, with the other sabers.
2:save the file, and cut and paste it into an entirely new file in pakscape. this will make it save faster, but youll have to make sure to make the filepath exactly the same, meaning:
"ext_data\sabers" so create a folder called ext_data, and inside that, another called sabers.
(this filepath is important, and its the only part of this process that isnt easier than editing the assets1.pk3.) put your new file in that.
if you created a new pak file:
save the new pak file in your base folder. name it whatever you want, and make sure you save it as a .pk3, not as a .zip file.
if you saved it into the already existing assets1.pk3:
click save and youre done.
this should allow you to use all the saberstyles.