lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New KOTOR 1 and 2 Bundle
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #1
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

New KOTOR 1 and 2 Bundle

Anyone have any more info on this? Or thoughts..

http://forum.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=362562

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Obi-Wan Bologna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
CptPriceless

Current Game: TSL
logan23 straight up catalyzed this.

Last edited by CptPriceless; 05-10-2012 at 05:18 PM.
CptPriceless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2012, 01:59 AM   #3
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
I wouldn't read too much into it, IF LA planned a KIII at all at this point TOR seems to be it. They know/knew there were still profits to be made due to high sales of K1 & 2 so they bundled them together to make some more money. Wish they would consider bundling them for the 360 though, HD would be nice - not a necessity but would still be nice (since Ninja Gaiden, Silent Hill & Devil May Cry all got HD remakes)

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
Alexrd

Current Game: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 HD
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
KotOR III is not going to happen in the near future. This bundle may very well be just to help raise interest in The Old Republic. Is it US-only, EU-only, or both?

I wouldn't mind having a DVD version of the first game.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
logan23 straight up catalyzed this.

I see that Lucas Arts got my memo lol...i kid...i kid....

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Don't know too much about it, hoping it's a new HD release at least

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Old 05-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #7
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Bologna View Post
Don't know too much about it, hoping it's a new HD release at least
It most certainly isn't.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #8
jedi_consular16
Rookie

If they could somehow tweak the game so it could utilize HD and run smoothly on 360 I'd be willing to buy them all over again, but from what I understand in order to do that they'd basically have to recreate the entire game all over again.

But it sounds like this is something like "rome total war gold edition" where they just put both games into a one new box. Definitely a good way to get some new players to the games, but I don't see how it implies a KOTOR 3 at all.
jedi_consular16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #9
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_consular16 View Post
If they could somehow tweak the game so it could utilize HD and run smoothly on 360 I'd be willing to buy them all over again, but from what I understand in order to do that they'd basically have to recreate the entire game all over again.

But it sounds like this is something like "rome total war gold edition" where they just put both games into a one new box. Definitely a good way to get some new players to the games, but I don't see how it implies a KOTOR 3 at all.
I would definitely be up for new 360 versions, that would be amazing!

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Old 06-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #10
eyehatejedi
Lurker

Thumbs up

I agree, smooth outh the whole graphics issue, make it more realistic like the other 360 games, ie Mass Effect realism, that would be so flippin awsome
eyehatejedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #11
Jamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
KotOR III is not going to happen in the near future. This bundle may very well be just to help raise interest in The Old Republic.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Looking to make a buck on KOTOR again as well as create interest for their struggling MMO. I don't see KOTOR 3 ever happening. They finished the story arc with TOR and the Revan tie-in novel.

That is one thing I wouldn't mind being retconned..

Edit: Speaking of TOR, Bioware just started doing free character transfers between specific servers in order to populate them. For the record, SWG didn't do this until 2009, six years in. Didn't want to double post, but this definitely shows the game is struggling...

Last edited by Jamps; 06-12-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Didn't want to double post
Jamps is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #12
Professor Lamme.
Rookie

well that's a disappointment...real fans want to play KOTOR III not a damn MMO... (my opinion)

personally, i enjoy playing single-player than multi-player and people just seem to focus on evolving multi-player stuff and for others who dont appreciate it so much it's really unfair

Professor Lamme. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #13
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Current Game: Kotor 1
I just want them to take my money all over again...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...12#post2807812
The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

USED TO BE KNOWN AS DARTH JANGO/WEASLEY
UltimateHK47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #14
FeaturingDark
Lurker

maybe a Mac port?
#hopes
FeaturingDark is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #15
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamps View Post
Edit: Speaking of TOR, Bioware just started doing free character transfers between specific servers in order to populate them. For the record, SWG didn't do this until 2009, six years in. Didn't want to double post, but this definitely shows the game is struggling...
Really...I thought it showed that BioWare is new to MMOs. They opened too many servers at the start, then have steadily made every other PR mistake to run off the extreme MMOer and the more casual KotOR fan.

As far as the game itself, there is no doubt in my mind that it is the greatest Star Wars and perhaps the best video game I have ever played. However player experiences may differ...I did the smuggler story first, which was great...the Jedi Consular story on the other hand was just meh at best.

So while the subscription is down from 1.7 million to 1.3 million it is hardly struggling. Just like SWG, TOR is just suffering from overly exaggerated expectations and a company that while they know how to produce entertaining games, knows nothing about pandering to the demands of the MMO crowd. Just everyone want to say if a MMO does not reach WOW numbers that is a failure, which anyone that has played TOR knows isn't the case. You may not like certain elements of the game or the readily apparent lack of experience BioWare has in maintaining and customer service for a MMO, but I will argue from experience with anyone that says TOR is not entertaining and well done for what it is.

To the topic: Cool if it is a update, I will buy them both for a third time. However, KotOR 3 is dead... Also TOR did not kill KotOR3, Lucas Arts did long before TOR happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Lamme. View Post
real fans want to play KOTOR III not a damn MMO... (my opinion)
If it is your opinion then say "as a fan I want to play KOTOR III, not a damn MMO" because you make it sound like those of us playing TOR are not real fans. Which is not correct.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #16
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Here it is...

Source

Old 07-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #17
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

Wonder if these would have the patches and high-quality packs (for KOTOR2) pre-installed...
Guess not though... :/
Hassat Hunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #18
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
They could be patched versions, but no added content.

I'm almost sure this won't come with them, but I wish they had widescreen support and higher quality cutscenes.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #19
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
There are widescreen mods for both games that, while not perfect, work quite well.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #20
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
There are widescreen mods for both games that, while not perfect, work quite well.
Yeah, I know. But this would be a good opportunity to make an official one already built-in.

P.S: Just noticed that it's a DVD version. Better than those 3/4 CD's for each game.

Last edited by Alexrd; 07-01-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #21
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Quite excited to see if there are any improvements on these, I guess we'll see shortly after it's released.

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Old 07-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #22
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Nice, I've recently had all the cds of both games stolen and I'd love to have it on DVD version (what a lazy job on the cover, though), plus with some built inj widescreen and W7 support ot boot. If this was an HD re-release, like some console games, it would be even better.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #23
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
Nice, I've recently had all the cds of both games stolen and I'd love to have it on DVD version (what a lazy job on the cover, though), plus with some built inj widescreen and W7 support ot boot. If this was an HD re-release, like some console games, it would be even better.
Ya know, I'd really love an HD console release, that would be amazing!

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Old 07-02-2012, 01:26 AM   #24
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Would consider picking it up at that price b/c one of my Kotor install discs is scratched and I can't install the game anymore. Fact that it'd be a 1 disc install makes it that much more appealing. Still, this kind of smacks of the Lucas strategy of rereleasing stuff every so often to refill the coffers. As for K3.....will believe it when it's actually out on the shelves and not before (ie, ain't holding my breath 'cause life's too short as it is).

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2012, 03:01 AM   #25
Christos K
Forumite

If they had taken some effort to update the game I would buy this immediately.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2012, 04:48 AM   #26
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
(what a lazy job on the cover, though)
I'm hoping it's just a slipcover, and that they have both games separate from each other.

It's most certainly Windows 7 compatible, but I doubt it will have widescreen support (although it's on my wishlist).

Old 07-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #27
Blix
Veteran

Guess there's really no chance of it containing extra content

Old 07-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #28
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
. . . what a lazy job on the cover, though . . . .
Agreed. However, if they were willing to commission new art from Donato Giancola, then folks might wonder what else was new about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
Guess there's really no chance of it containing extra content
See above.

I need some assistance on a matter related to Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge. Please leave a comment on my BOS:ROS question here.
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #29
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
To be honest, as much as I would still buy it, it's a necessity that they are compatible with Windows 7 and widescreen monitors, otherwise it's totally pointless. I'm not expecting new content or anything a la Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, but i'm expecting some form of improvements.

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #30
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
That's pretty awesome. It's that our current launcher is even better (and the creator more easily contactable than Donato most likely)...
Old 07-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #31
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Well, at this point it needs to be Windows 8 compatible as well, but who knows how much different 8 will be from 7 as of yet as far as that goes.

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Old 07-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #32
rev1011
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor 2. Skyrim. Shaiya.
Kotor 3 could be made if they ever wanted to. Doesn't need to be linked with Revan, could be completely seperate, something fresh. Though i doubt that there would be another Kotor made.

rev1011 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #33
Blix
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post

See above.
Doesn't really confirm anything.....

Old 07-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #34
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev1011 View Post
Kotor 3 could be made if they ever wanted to. Doesn't need to be linked with Revan, could be completely seperate, something fresh. Though i doubt that there would be another Kotor made.
Let's not derail this thread with KOTOR3 discussion. Please?

I need some assistance on a matter related to Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge. Please leave a comment on my BOS:ROS question here.
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #35
Ferc Kast
Modder

Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
I'm almost tempted to get this bundle when released, if only to have 1-disc version of KotOR II.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Bologna View Post
Well, at this point it needs to be Windows 8 compatible as well, but who knows how much different 8 will be from 7 as of yet as far as that goes.
Someone who has used the Windows 8 publicly released betas would know. But, to save someone else's time and energy, I tried using KotOR I & II on Windows 8 Release Preview, which is supposed to be a release candidate for Windows 8, a few months ago. The results were that my Best of PC KotOR I and regular KotOR II still worked properly. So, it should still be compatible when the retail version of Windows 8 comes this fall. If nothing changes, the steps used to get the KotOR series working on Windows 7 will be the same for making them work on Windows 8. Thus, I'm sure this bundle will also be compatible with Windows 8.

Last edited by Ferc Kast; 07-03-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Initially phrased wrong...
Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #36
Obi-Wan Bologna
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferc Kast View Post
I'm almost tempted to get this bundle when released, if only to have 1-disc version of KotOR II.

Someone who has used the Windows 8 publicly released betas would know. But, to save someone else's time and energy, I tried using KotOR I & II on Windows 8 Release Preview, which is supposed to be a release candidate for Windows 8, a few months ago. The results were that my Best of PC KotOR I and regular KotOR II still worked properly. So, it should still be compatible when the retail version of Windows 8 comes this fall. If nothing changes, the steps used to get the KotOR series working on Windows 7 will be the same for making them work on Windows 8. Thus, I'm sure this bundle will also be compatible with Windows 8.
Well, that's good then. No, I have not used Windows 8 yet, and your right those who have used the beta would know. I haven't even spent a huge amount on 7 to be honest either, I just know that there are compatibility issues for lots of older hardware/software

Formerly Obi-Wan Baloney
Old 07-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #37
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Really...I thought it showed that BioWare is new to MMOs. They opened too many servers at the start, then have steadily made every other PR mistake to run off the extreme MMOer and the more casual KotOR fan.

As far as the game itself, there is no doubt in my mind that it is the greatest Star Wars and perhaps the best video game I have ever played. However player experiences may differ...I did the smuggler story first, which was great...the Jedi Consular story on the other hand was just meh at best.

So while the subscription is down from 1.7 million to 1.3 million it is hardly struggling. Just like SWG, TOR is just suffering from overly exaggerated expectations and a company that while they know how to produce entertaining games, knows nothing about pandering to the demands of the MMO crowd. Just everyone want to say if a MMO does not reach WOW numbers that is a failure, which anyone that has played TOR knows isn't the case. You may not like certain elements of the game or the readily apparent lack of experience BioWare has in maintaining and customer service for a MMO, but I will argue from experience with anyone that says TOR is not entertaining and well done for what it is.
As someone who actually played and unsubbed, I would agree with this assessment. I REALLY loved the game. The only problem I had was end game really. While leveling, the game played just like other BioWare games. It was a blast. And as a bonus you can play parts of it with friends. Or all of it if you want. If you don't want to, then you don't have to. I would suggest that when they do the free trial, anyone who has not tried it, should. Especially if you loved KotOR.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2012, 06:16 AM   #38
*~*Darth pOOba*~*
Rookie

Current Game: The game of life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Lamme. View Post
well that's a disappointment...real fans want to play KOTOR III not a damn MMO... (my opinion)
Amen.

It really would be awesome to have a revamped version of both games, better graphics and what not.
I would buy it.... Twice.

Geek is Chic

"...And we will never back down, because a life without freedom is not a life worth living." - Ratonhnhaké:ton

"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill
*~*Darth pOOba*~* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #39
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

The sad thing would be... TSLRCM/K1RP would probably NOT work with that... which also makes all my work (on TSLRCM) wasted 0_0

So, yeah, KOTOR3 really. The graphics aren't that bad they need a remake after all. It's not 1990 material...
Old 08-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #40
Suaidan
Rookie

Current Game: KoToR 2
These games are amazing and addictive. Very good package to purchase and the sells may encourage LA to make some more Star Wars single player RPGs
Suaidan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > New KOTOR 1 and 2 Bundle