lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Republic Commando 2?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #1001
Ulmont

Current Game: Natural Selection 2
Veteran Fan Artist Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Indeed. I bought the BoPC pack at target a while back. Great decision (irony is that I had all the games in it already for the 'Box ['cept JKO and EAW, which I had for the PC]. Still, they're fun to mod.). If you just want to buy RC, try Amazon. They've got copies of it for under $10 (not including shipping).

Ulmont is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2011, 11:56 PM   #1002
ezilbane
Lurker

Lightbulb LOOK AT THIS PLEASE LUCASARTS ADMINS AND MODS!

It is ABSOLUTLEY NECCESARY for a RC2. Here are a few reasons.
1. The storyline. LUCASARTS ended RC1 with Sev MIA, and Kashykk in the middle of an invasion.
2. The popularity. PEOPLE LOVED #1! you will make money if you make second!
3. I made an account just to post this so if you don't I WILL BE UPSETS

Here are also a few suggestions.
1. If it does start after order 66 or during 66 or INCLUDES 66 in the middle of it, you should do a thing like you did in Battlefront, Elite Squadron (At least for the DS. I don't know the stories for the other systems) Where Delta refuses to obey the order and go AWOL.
2. Sev should DEFINETLEY RETURN. I'm thinking he should have been captured bye 'bugs' and brought back to Geonosis and possessed like in the Clone Wars series. You can work out whether Delta is forced to kill him or whatever.
3. A burst fire/auto/semi mod for the DC
4. MULTIPLAYER of course.
5. VEHICLES
6. When 'covert' is in the mission description...seriously.
7. Put in a few missions without a 'shoot-em-up-blow-em-up' objective.
7a. spy/recon missions. Things were you get in big trouble if you make too much noise (Ex. in the first one, no one would EVER splice a door when they can breach it instead.)
8. Character development.
9. difficulty adjustment. Make the Geno elites and the SBDs a bit less...explosive. but put more of them in the game.
9a. Make it take longer to revive people/ make an option to double shock a person to bring them to full health, but it takes longer.
10. More maneuvers. those things are just plain cool.
11. LONGER. The first only took me about 10 hrs. in gaming time, that is SHORT.
12. secondary objectives, with rewards, such as a few clones to help out or something, or 'super power rounds' that give a clip of the normal DC extra power.
13. Interactive environments and enemies.
13a. make it so more of the stuff blows up XD
13b. make more of the droids, at least, fall apart. Like with the super battle droids, some armor falls off. but you should be able to take arms and maybe legs too. I'm thinking you should also be able to hit 'bugs' wings.
14. JET-PACKS. Even with low fuel, that has to recharge like in battlefront, that would improve game-play a lot, and show the geonosians who's boss
15. Melee weapons. things that do more damage (incredible) and have a longer reach than the little Wolverine attachment, or the pistol/shotgun stock smash, or the weird little jab with the chaingun.
16. BONUS. lol, try this if you can without screwing up. TROOPER VS. LIGHTSABER FIGHTS. not many of your games (no offense) have a good evened out thing with this. In battlefront II, the guy dies over time, but earns more time by killing. they can just camp at the CP. OBVIOUSLY the bosses should be harder than normal people, and maybe even be better than you health-and-firepower wise, but still, there needs to be more than a 1/1000 chance of actually BEATING HIM.

I hope you found this useful Lucasarts, and maybe even George himself if he reads these.
ezilbane is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2011, 02:15 AM   #1003
michonicle
Rookie

Current Game: RC, COD 6, war stuff
Yeah sounds cool. Buuuuut, have no of you heard that they guy that created RC has come back to work for LucasArts?

"Par Ijaat, Par Kote, Par Kyr'am
For Honor, For Glory, For Death" -DS_Sgt_Michonicle, Leader of Rep Com Section
michonicle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #1004
ezilbane
Lurker

Lightbulb LOL more epic ideas

I hope you know you don't have to do all of these, or even any, except make the game
1. Skirmish possibilities
1a. defense missions. Take a few maps from the game and put something there like a damaged vehicle, then set a timer for like, a minute for people to set up traps and junk, then set it for ten or something and send in the droids!
1b. Battlefront imitation (hey, you made one and two, so you won't be sued) you know, a thing with a bunch of enemies and CPs
2. FIGHT....Things. (this one i really thought about) I was thinking maybe some kind of recharging 'adrenaline' bar, and when it is full, you can activate. go into slow motion, press a bunch of keys in a certain order in a certain time and take out up to like, six droids (INCLUDING SBDs and drodeikas) and/or a kind of boss thing, (Like with the magna guards in RC1, you just tried to avoid them and shoot them till the died) It could just be like, one person, or it could even be better if you had the whole squad.
3. Grenades. In the first one it is SUPER frustrating when you have a thermal, or emp, but want whatever those little green things are, and you can SEE the little pile of them, but you can't pick them up. I think you should make it like the loot weapons, make them interchangeable.
ezilbane is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #1005
Commander Dimal
Rookie

Current Game: Jedi Outcast
I've shown this to people before, but most choose to ignore it. They were going to make an RC II, but LA canceled it. They are not going to make an RC II. Look at this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_...erial_Commando
Commander Dimal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2011, 12:23 AM   #1006
Dread Advocate

Current Game: Magic the Gathering
Hey all, sorry I haven't posted up in this board in quite a long time. I've been doing lots of other things, like graduating, and pursuing a career as a novelist. Anyways, I've been looking at some past posts, and I noticed the lack of discussion about these:

Thing 1

and

Thing 2

I know this might be old news to some of you, but I just thought I'd tell those who don't know, seeing as there's no mention of either of these here since the news broke.

Again, sorry I haven't posted in months/years. Don't expect any updates on the RC2 fanfic any time soon; it's still on indefinate delay. But, enjoy the news, discuss, yadayadayada.
Dread Advocate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #1007
Commander Dimal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Dimal View Post
I've shown this to people before, but most choose to ignore it. They were going to make an RC II, but LA canceled it. They are not going to make an RC II. Look at this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_...erial_Commando
You seem to ignore what I said. BTW, I saw E3 on TV and that unannounced Star Wars game is just a stupid Jedi game for Kinect.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #1008
SmootheOperator
Rookie

Current Game: Replaying Gears Of War trilogy
Quote:
You seem to ignore what I said. BTW, I saw E3 on TV and that unannounced Star Wars game is just a stupid Jedi game for Kinect.
just because you don't think anything is going to happen with RC2, doesn't mean the rest of us can't hope like hell, and maybe something will happen. It's not that the world is ignoring you, it just doesn't like what you have said.

i'm keeping up the hope that RC2 will happen. For the love of god, if Unleashed 3 is going to happen, than RC2 has a fighting chance.

I don't think LucasArts and Epic would have gotten Unreal 3 if they weren't planning on doing something with it.it does beg the question, "what will they do with it now that they have it?"

Getting ahold of the guy that did the original RC seems like a step in the right direction, but his resume as far as Star Wars games go is pretty extensive, so it could be another battlefront, or another x-wing game.

I say go the Tom Clancy route, and make a stealth game with the ARCs (a la Splinter Cell) and have it tie into a special forces game like the Republic/Imperial Commando (a la Rainbow 6/Ghost Recon) and tie all of that in with a combat flight simulator with TIE fighter, intercepters and the like (a la HAWX)

One big Star Wars family

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
SmootheOperator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #1009
Commander Dimal
Rookie

The only Star Wars games that LA seems to ever make these days are stupid Jedi games. But, I would be so mad if LA wasted UnrealEd 3 on another Jedi game. Seriously, nobody cares about the Jedi. We want something else instead of having the Jedi story milked dry. They just don't make them like they used to. I would like to see a Halo style game about Arc troopers. I originally had a game idea for that and it turned into the Arc trooper mod.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #1010
Ulmont

Current Game: Natural Selection 2
Veteran Fan Artist Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Yeah, they do all seam to be Jedi games lately. Whatever happened to the old Star Wars Shooters? I mean, couldn't they at least do a combo like the Jedi Knight series? The way it is now, I wouldn't be surprised if their next game (after the dismal looking Kinect Star Wars) is Lego Dark Forces Star Wars V: Clone Podracers Unleashed.

As for the stuff with Unreal 3 and the RC guy, one can only hope. I'll also point out that Traviss said she couldn't write anything about Sev's fate, because LA still had the rights to that.

Ulmont is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #1011
Commander Dimal
Rookie

I don't think we'll be seeing anything related to Mandalorians for a LONG time. As of now, the Mandalorians have been given a bad reputation, because George Lucas trolled the Star Wars fandom with all that New Mandalorian crap.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #1012
Statt
Lurker

I think they should give the fans what they really want. The republic commando sequel should be set 300 years after the first game, and should be an MMO. Then they could write a tie in novel describing the fate of the main characters.
Statt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #1013
Commander Dimal
Rookie

^How would that be a sequel to Republic Commando? The story would be completely different.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #1014
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
^How would that be a sequel to Republic Commando? The story would be completely different.
I'm guessing it's a thinly veiled jab at TOR because it's not KOTOR3.

In which case this isn't the place for it.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2011, 05:05 AM   #1015
RC-1183

Current Game: Halo Reach, KotOR II
wow, seems like things have been rough around here in my leave. Well, at least theres still some fightin spirits here, but I do have to apologize fer my absence, iv been busy with AJROTC, school, work, and my future soldier program, ****s been hectic. But im back now if only fer the time being. I do have to say though, i agree about the jab at TOR and I personally have to say that that one guy who made the whole two posts about his awesomely epic game idea is a total moron. All he did was say basically to make another battlefront with RC/IC characters.

Has anyone read IC yet? its actually perty good, cant wait fer the next book, and lets keep spirits high in here boys, HOOAH!

Ordo-"If only there was a manuel on females.."
Kal- "If there is i never got my copy"
RC-1183 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #1016
Commander Dimal
Rookie

^The next book was canceled. Some Galactic Civil War crap will be replacing it. As if we didn't have enough stories for that Era already... But still, LA did cancel RC II. just look at this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_...erial_Commando. Even if they did make RC II, I can guarantee that a lot of people will be disappointed with the outcome.

Last edited by Commander Dimal; 07-05-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #1017
RC-1183

Current Game: Halo Reach, KotOR II
wow, thats is some major osik.
why cant people do things jus to benefit society instead of always having to make a profit, and if they cant make a profit they wont do it. what ever happened to the good ol days?

Ordo-"If only there was a manuel on females.."
Kal- "If there is i never got my copy"
RC-1183 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #1018
Commander Dimal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-1183 View Post
what ever happened to the good ol days?
Those days are long gone.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #1019
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-1183 View Post
what ever happened to the good ol days?
They never existed. The 'good ol days' only appear so because back then they were creating/releasing/doing things people liked.

And any company that sets out solely to benefit society, with no thought of making money is doomed from the beginning.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #1020
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader

Current Game: DJ Starscream
Veteran Modder Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
that, or non-profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoalie35 View Post
I wish I had some Combustable Lemons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =purifier View Post
Granted, but you accidently get blown up with that lemony smell and the
Pine-Sol woman appears out of nowhere and says: "That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby. "
HockeyGoalie35 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2011, 11:53 PM   #1021
Commander Dimal
Rookie

I think what he meant to say was that the quality of the products LA has been releasing has greatly diminished.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #1022
Jamps

Quote:
I think what he meant to say was that the quality of the products LA has been releasing has greatly diminished.
The bar has definitely lowered. Look at what LA used to make (Battlefront, RC, KotOR) and what they make now (Lego games, mediocre TFU, random Clone Wars games). Its as if they are afraid to take risks anymore.
Jamps is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #1023
michonicle
Rookie

Current Game: RC, COD 6, war stuff
They need to improve, or people will probably stop buying their games. I already have. They should take polls, look around the internet, find out what's people actually like.

"Par Ijaat, Par Kote, Par Kyr'am
For Honor, For Glory, For Death" -DS_Sgt_Michonicle, Leader of Rep Com Section
michonicle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2011, 06:59 AM   #1024
yokoolio
Lurker

The only LucasArts games I buy anymore are Force Unleashed, and in my opinion, the second one kinda sucked. Where is Battlefront 3??? Where is another Jedi Knight series game??? And most importantly, where is Republic Commando?????? If i were running LucasArts i could double their cashflow by just making those games, because i know a whole ton of people in real life and on the internet that loved those games. LucasArts is just too incompetent to realize this.
yokoolio is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #1025
Ammonite
Lurker

Republic Commando is as good to play today as it was in 2005, and you can't say that about a whole lot of games. Its been pretty timeless for a while now.

[Spoilers Below]
The special thing about the game design is how involved you feel. The way the screen (by default) has the helmet graphic to make you feel as if you are in the suit. The way the other commandos engage in banter as you go along, so there is that bonding with them throughout the story line. It all makes you very attached, and makes Sev's abandonment, for me at least, genuinely annoying. The lack of sequel is a big disappointment; arguably, the game has an ending that is too abrupt. It is such a painfully massive cliff hanger that cancelling the second version is extremely frustrating.
Ammonite is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2011, 08:11 AM   #1026
Mandalorian Mercenary
Rookie

Didn't LA plan on making a Battlefront 3?

"If at first you don't succeed, hire a mercenary to do the job for you. At least they'll get it done right."
Mandalorian Mercenary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #1027
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader

Yup, and video was leaked, and it was cancelled.

Quote:

Quote:
Pine-Sol woman appears out of nowhere and says: "That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby. "
Old 10-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #1028
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
IMO the overall success of TOR will determine the future of the type of games we see from LA. If it is a bust, we may see a return to the "good old days" along with the continuation of the Lego games (which are pretty fun, different...but fun [I have a younger brother so it is one way I can enjoy star wars with him]) and the clone wars games. However if it is successful we may not see many new games for a while, the only releases we will see are expansion packs (most likely).

It could always go the other way around (ie success = more, hopefully, high quality games while failure = less games, more TOR expansion patches to try to bring people in). But I definitely feel that TOR will determine the future of Star Wars gaming.

Regardless, I hope we see some quality games released (and I know many, if not all, of you feel the same way).

Just my two credits worth.

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2011, 12:32 AM   #1029
Skillfultree
Lurker

Lol, TOR is one of the most expensive games of all time. If it goes to hell, its dragging LA with it. They will become bankrupt if this fails.

From what I have heard of the game its got a great story line focus and is a combination of just about every RPG. Its probably gonna be like BF3 however and not take any of the WOW community at all.
Skillfultree is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #1030
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillfultree View Post
Lol, TOR is one of the most expensive games of all time. If it goes to hell, its dragging LA with it. They will become bankrupt if this fails.

From what I have heard of the game its got a great story line focus and is a combination of just about every RPG. Its probably gonna be like BF3 however and not take any of the WOW community at all.
It would not just take LA, it might take Bioware (depending on how well Mass Effect 3 goes). But I feel that the the fact of the matter is that because it is a star wars game there will be fanboys that buy it no matter what.

But this convo is off-topic.

Again IMO the likelihood RC2 depends on the success of new Star Wars games...

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2011, 12:24 AM   #1031
Skillfultree
Lurker

lol ive been looking at this thread for years. how is it still alive.

Any way back to RC2, I think a Imperial Commando would be nice with a prologue set with the commandos going to the jedi temple to execute order 66.

Also why not add a new squad member? fill in the role of sev with a woman. yes, a woman.
Seeing as the empire no longer gets its clones from kamino it might make sense to get a merc to fill the role (she would specialize in stealth). sev could be part of the story and fixer should betray the squad I reckon and be the final boss while sev rejoins the squad to take fixers role.

Last edited by Skillfultree; 11-25-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #1032
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader

That'd be intresting. there have been ideas floating around about the whole squad going awol, but this is new with just fixer, or one squad mate

Quote:

Quote:
Old 11-26-2011, 12:47 AM   #1033
Skillfultree
Lurker

The whole squad would go awol except for fixer who would stay loyal to the empire. he seems to be that kind of guy.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #1034
Mandalorian Mercenary
Rookie

I assume we aren't referring to the Imperial Commando book as canon then?

"If at first you don't succeed, hire a mercenary to do the job for you. At least they'll get it done right."
Mandalorian Mercenary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #1035
Skillfultree
Lurker

I havn't read the books. Just an idea
Old 03-15-2012, 01:03 AM   #1036
the old republic
Lurker

they need to make it they need to stop makeing lago ones and work on rc2
the old republic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2012, 01:04 AM   #1037
the old republic
Lurker

they need to stop doing lago games and work on rc2 its macking me mad
the old republic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2012, 01:44 AM   #1038
Skillfultree
Lurker

keep it ALIVE
Old 05-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #1039
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Current Game: Kotor 1
One day, lucas arts will decide the 10 millionth clonewars game will not satisfy fan$. oNE DAY...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...12#post2807812
The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

USED TO BE KNOWN AS DARTH JANGO/WEASLEY
UltimateHK47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2012, 02:40 AM   #1040
Skillfultree
Lurker

So I heard a rumor
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RepublicCommando.Net > General Discussion > Reporting for Duty > Republic Commando 2?

Tags
game market, lucas arts, rc 2?, republic commando 2, rule market, too long