lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KOTOR 3: A New Threat
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
starwarzchick112
Rookie

KOTOR 3: A New Threat

STAR WARS
KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC 3
A NEW THREAT

It is a dark time for the Republic. 300 years after the redemption of Revan, the galaxy is buckling under the weight of Lord Vitiate's SITH EMPIRE.

But an even greater threat lurks on the horizon. A race of extragalactic Force-users known as the SHIRO have invaded, seeking to exterminate all life in the galaxy. Amassing a massive army of battle droids, they have nearly brought the galaxy to its knees.

Now Jedi and Sith must put aside their eternal struggle and ally in the face of the greatest threat the galaxy has ever known...

(Note: NONE of this was my idea. I got the story, PC's background and all the NPC's from here. Warning: do NOT read farther than that one page. MAJOR spoilers for the actual mod.)

A little bit about the PC:
Your character is a Padawan in the order of gray Jedi known as Suns of the Force. At the beginning of the war against the Shiro, your character was stripped of the Force by the Gray Masters for some past crimes ( you'll find out what these are)

Planets:
Yavhushu (where the Suns of the Force enclave is)
Hoth
Tatooine
Tython
Manaan
Rhen Var
More to come!

It's probably not ideal to have my first attempt at modding being a huge TC, but I'll try my best. Party members coming soon!

Last edited by starwarzchick112; 08-05-2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Misspelled
starwarzchick112 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Rookie

kotor 3 mods are becoming very popular all of a sudden
Good luck.

www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant
Mass Effect Unification Released, click on our channel to get it!
TWINKEYRUNAWAY is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo: Master Chief Collection
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
It is strongly recommended that you read this before you start your TC.

If you are able to do all of that, then I wish you the best of luck on your project.

Welcome to the Forum.

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
Christos K
Forumite

Okay... So we currently have four KotOR 3 mods. Well good luck anyways. The more the merrier and the more likely the powers that be will see that we WANT KOTOR 3 - (Nice little rhyme there)

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.

Last edited by Christos K; 08-05-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #5
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Looking at the planets you have listed, some of these are in kotor1. You might want to look into using kotor1 as your base game to mod, this would save you time.

Since this is based on a story -- will this game be setup more linearl in the way to go through the story - with choices that would alter your experiences on future planets?

Just wondering

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #6
starwarzchick112
Rookie

I thought of that, but TSL has a lot of things I want in there, such as influence, higher level force powers, 10 party members, etc.

And yes, you will have the same amount of choices. The way I see it, it's just like the other games but with "canon" already defined (which should make LSF and DS a lot of fun to write)
Old 08-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #7
logan23
Veteran

Ok,
Just watch out for feature creeping- this is when you start adding in to many features which will complicate things and add to production time.

I'm only saying this since I know your new to the modding and it might take you 8 months to just learn what you need to know to pull off this project.

I look forward to seeing this project grow and develop.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:10 AM   #8
starwarzchick112
Rookie

Okay, so I have a quick question: I created a folder in the directory files for the mod and I got one of the party member templates done but it saved in the folder as a shortcut, NOT as a .utc file. Is this normal? It also won't let me copy the file, which is what I assume you need to do to test it.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #9
bunjeeman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWINKEYRUNAWAY View Post
kotor 3 mods are becoming very popular all of a sudden
Good luck.
I'd love it if someone would make a KotOR 3 based on the Revan book (by Drew Karpyshyn. Look it up on wookieepedia). But for me it'd have to be a KotOR I mod (vista incompatibility and whatnot).

It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
bunjeeman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #10
CptPriceless

Current Game: TSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjeeman View Post
I'd love it if someone would make a KotOR 3 based on the Revan book.
NORTFE used to take that path, but it changed. I personally wouldn't play KotOR 3 based off of the Revan book. Here's from my developer's blog:

Show spoiler

Last edited by CptPriceless; 08-08-2012 at 04:20 PM.
CptPriceless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #11
mr_dad
Rookie

Looks very promising. Only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwarzchick112 View Post
[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"]A race of extragalactic Force-users known as the SHIRO have invaded, seeking to exterminate all life in the galaxy. Amassing a massive army of battle droids, they have nearly brought the galaxy to its knees.
..I don't want to sound like I'm trying to ruin the idea, but this sounds an awful lot like Mass Effect's plot. It can be different if you do it right, I just want you to know, be careful. That being said. Good luck

mr_dad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #12
RPK
Banned

Add son Canderous as Party Member/Epic Boss Profit .
RPK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #13
starwarzchick112
Rookie

Somebody please help me here. I created one of the party member templates using the creature editor and saved it to my Override folder as "p_baodur.utc" and when bao is supposed to appear the screen goes black and I can't do anything. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by starwarzchick112; 08-08-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #14
logan23
Veteran

It could be the script that is firing?

Do you edit the 2da appearance file? If you added a new character.
Also is the tga file- the skin of the new character in the override folder?

Did you restart the game after placing the file in?
If you drop certain files in and then use a save where the script or files added in are in the same model as the save? This could cause bugs.

Also is this part of a new .mod file? Or an existing kotor2 module and you are just changing one if the files ?

I need more info since there are to many things that could cause a bug.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #15
starwarzchick112
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23 View Post
It could be the script that is firing?

Do you edit the 2da appearance file? If you added a new character.
Also is the tga file- the skin of the new character in the override folder?
No, I just edited the .utc file in the creature editor.

Quote:
Did you restart the game after placing the file in?
Yep.

Quote:
If you drop certain files in and then use a save where the script or files added in are in the same model as the save? This could cause bugs.
What do you mean by this?

Quote:
Also is this part of a new .mod file? Or an existing kotor2 module and you are just changing one if the files ?

I need more info since there are to many things that could cause a bug.
It's in game. I'm running TSLRCM v. 1.6, and a Widescreen mod. I have a sneaking suspicion that I happened to discover a preexisting bug with eding Bao's .utc files.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #16
logan23
Veteran

The one I confused you with-

If you have a saved game in module44 and the introduction of the utc is in module44 then it could cause a bug.

If you already have bao dur in the party and then go and drop the file in and then go back to the save with bao dur in party, there is a chance for a bug.

I'm not sure if the restored content mod would conflict with a changed utc file?

What are you aiming to accomplish with the utc file? This might help me see what went wrong

Old 08-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #17
starwarzchick112
Rookie

I saved my game right before getting on the shuttle to leave Citadel. The shuttle crash cutscene plays out normally but when the first dialogue with Bao is supposed to start, the screen goes black. As for what I'm doing with the. Utc file, I'm creating my party member's stats, name, alignment, etc.- basically doing everything except for reskinning them. I'm following this tutorial here.

Last edited by starwarzchick112; 08-08-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #18
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo: Master Chief Collection
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I sincerely hope I wasn't ignored when I posted this.

And your link doesn't work, for some reason.

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #19
starwarzchick112
Rookie

You weren't ignored.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #20
starwarzchick112
Rookie

Quote:
Somebody please help me here. I created one of the party member templates using the creature editor and saved it to my Override folder as "p_baodur.utc" and when bao is supposed to appear the screen goes black and I can't do anything. What am I doing wrong?
Just realized my mistake. I named the tag "Darth Nekesus" instead of "p_baodur".
Old 08-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #21
Kyr'am Galaar

Exclamation WAIT!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Holowan Laboratories, and if you have any questions, please feel free to post them, and we will do our best to answer them. Good luck with your mod

Does anyone actually read these?

Last edited by Sithspecter; 09-02-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Kyr'am Galaar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #22
starwarzchick112
Rookie

I get what you're saying, but the truth is, a big mod is just a lot of smaller mods put together, right? And I am starting with the utcs- the party members' utcs are almost completely done.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #23
Christos K
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_dad View Post
Looks very promising. Only..

..I don't want to sound like I'm trying to ruin the idea, but this sounds an awful lot like Mass Effect's plot. It can be different if you do it right, I just want you to know, be careful. That being said. Good luck
BioWare did not invent that with Mass Effect, neither did Halo or any game.

The original concept (as far as I know) came from Ridley Scott's ALIEN where it was proposed the ship was a bombing vessel used to infest planets with the Xenomorphs cleansing them of life.

Even then you could say the idea goes back even farther to the myth of Pandora's Box where the Olympian gods needed to cleanse Earth of all life.

Now more so than recently, the idea has become quite popular with just about everything from games to shows. Halo, Mass Effect, Dead Space just to name a few games. Game of Thrones even has a similar thing with the White Walkers.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #24
Kyr'am Galaar

Quote:
I get what you're saying, but the truth is, a big mod is just a lot of smaller mods put together, right? And I am starting with the utcs- the party members' utcs are almost completely done.
Well, congratulations. Unfortunately, you've barely even started with all the utcs that you're going to have to do. Along with the many 2das that you're going to have to edit, the scripting, the texturing, the utis, the utps, a few utws, all the files for the modules, the dialogue, and if you're going to have the NPCs voiced you're going to have to get those files as well as lipsyncing. I may have forgotten something but this is what you will be doing for the next few years if you follow though with this. And it is better to get some experience under your belt before beginning such a project. But if you are set on doing this, well...

Good luck to you, and have fun with that.

Love(HAHA-no...),
~KG~

Does anyone actually read these?
Kyr'am Galaar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #25
logan23
Veteran

I would say with VO- you probably just place aliens in and not place it in the mod right now for the list to do since you have so many things to learn. Just get a working module that goes to another with utc NPCs and scripts working- and just reskin a few if the modules skins so you get a feel of how tough or not do tough thus will be.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #26
goldomenso
Lurker

Christos K, you might want to fix your quote from "...have to ware a mask" to "...have to wear a mask".
goldomenso is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #27
goldomenso
Lurker

starwarzchick112 "Suns of the Force" sounds a bit strange to me. How about "Sons of the Force"?
goldomenso is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #28
Christos K
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldomenso View Post
Christos K, you might want to fix your quote from "...have to ware a mask" to "...have to wear a mask".
Man, that signature is from SO long ago. I fixed it to be more humorous but the forums went down and a few things got reset and I forgot to bother with it.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #29
Arkhammer
Lurker

Question Where Can You Get It

Were can you get it???????
Quote:
STAR WARS
KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC 3
A NEW THREAT

It is a dark time for the Republic. 300 years after the redemption of Revan, the galaxy is buckling under the weight of Lord Vitiate's SITH EMPIRE.

But an even greater threat lurks on the horizon. A race of extragalactic Force-users known as the SHIRO have invaded, seeking to exterminate all life in the galaxy. Amassing a massive army of battle droids, they have nearly brought the galaxy to its knees.

Now Jedi and Sith must put aside their eternal struggle and ally in the face of the greatest threat the galaxy has ever known...

(Note: NONE of this was my idea. I got the story, PC's background and all the NPC's from here. Warning: do NOT read farther than that one page. MAJOR spoilers for the actual mod.)

A little bit about the PC:
Your character is a Padawan in the order of gray Jedi known as Suns of the Force. At the beginning of the war against the Shiro, your character was stripped of the Force by the Gray Masters for some past crimes ( you'll find out what these are)

Planets:
Yavhushu (where the Suns of the Force enclave is)
Hoth
Tatooine
Tython
Manaan
Rhen Var
More to come!

It's probably not ideal to have my first attempt at modding being a huge TC, but I'll try my best. Party members coming soon!

Arkhammer singing off
Arkhammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2014, 11:27 PM   #30
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
It's not done. It most likely will never be done. Last post was 2 years ago.

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2014, 04:43 PM   #31
Arkhammer
Lurker

Well that harkey

Arkhammer singing off
Arkhammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > KOTOR 3: A New Threat