lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Has telltale Games gone Lucas Arts
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
jermy721
Rookie

Has telltale Games gone Lucas Arts

Do you guys think telltale has become lucas arts in that they no longer create games for their fans and create games for money?
jermy721 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermy721 View Post
Do you guys think telltale has become lucas arts in that they no longer create games for their fans and create games for money?
What do you mean with "creating games for the fans"? I don't know a single videogame company who doesn't create games for money.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
Snugglecakes

Current Game: Mata Hari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
What do you mean with "creating games for the fans"? I don't know a single videogame company who doesn't create games for money.
Actually I know of one. I run it. We just do it for the love of gaming. We've been around for 20 years and have released 0 games.

Ok I see your point.
Snugglecakes is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
Laserschwert

Notable contributor 
Actually I think it's not Telltale's job to appeal to fans. Their job is to make great games, like "The Walking Dead". If people become fans of that or not is just up to the people.

Laserschwert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
Valkian
Loves Razputin.net!

Current Game: Snatcher
They seem to be doing pretty much what they always did, games based on IP. In fact, their only responsibility to fans, is to the fans of those IPs.

Valkian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2012, 06:47 AM   #6
Jenni
Rookie

Current Game: Monkey Island 4 (ResidualVM)
I think Telltale is still intent on making good games. They stumbled on the Universal games, but they examined the criticism and honed the experience for the better in The Walking Dead. They also are still taking fan and critic constructive criticism from episode to episode in the same series to heart. People were asking for less contained environments and more exploring in The Walking Dead, and Telltale delivered that in episode 3. They also really seem intent on making the best experience possible, and extended the deadline for each of the Walking Dead games even at the expense of backlash from fans. LucasArts would never do that. They're notorious at rushing buggy, unfinished games in order to make deadlines to coincide with movie-tie-ins or to make the Christmas season.

Jenni is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #7
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
They stumbled on the Universal games, but they examined the criticism and honed the experience for the better in The Walking Dead.
That Jurassic Park game was such an wasted opportunity...

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
Snugglecakes

Current Game: Mata Hari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
That Jurassic Park game was such an wasted opportunity...
I would agree if it was actually a game
Snugglecakes is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2012, 06:03 AM   #9
Kolzig

I've hoped since the start of Telltale that they would make an original IP game instead of always relying on others creations.

So far we have not really seen the original material, but thanks to financial success of excellent game series like The Walking Dead, maybe that day is getting closer and closer. At least I hope so.
Kolzig is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Has telltale Games gone Lucas Arts