lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Visual Enhancment 2013
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-08-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Visual Enhancment 2013

Fist these textures were put together by ORIIONZ so credit goes to him there. However i was responsible for the creative direction making sure everything fit and looked right as possible.

i did however add some elements from my 2012 mod into it as well as outdoor textures and malachor v was all done by me.

PLEASE TRY TEXTURES IN GAME BEFORE FINAL JUDGEMENT.. LOOKING AT PICS ALONE DON'T ALWAYS SHOW IT RIGHT

MALACHOR V 2013

Show spoiler

TELOS 2013

Show spoiler

NAR SHADDAA 2013

Show spoiler

DANTOOINE 2013

Show spoiler

ONDERON 2013

Show spoiler

KORRIBAN 2013

Show spoiler

PERAGUS 2013

Show spoiler

DXUN 2013

Show spoiler

RAVENGER 2013

Show spoiler

HARBINGER 2013

Show spoiler

EBON HAWK 2013

Show spoiler

LINK

http://www.moddb.com/members/oriionz/addons

----------------------------------------

This is a MODDERS RESOURCE

Heres a tool to extract levels out of kotor and TSL. If you need to covert the models you could use a converter like 3d object converter. Not shure if these would work in game after edit and conversion but its worth a try.

NOTE:This is slightly different from glintercept.....

This is the OpenGLXtractor Windows Tool!

With this tool, it is possible to Capture 3D Data from an OpenGL Application.

Like 3D Mesh, Textures,Shaders,UV's,....and more.

http://members.chello.at/alexan/

PICZ

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler

Last edited by Xarwarz; 11-07-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #2
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
The link does not work. Great work though guys. I love most of it, I like some of your older ones a bit better. Like the buildings on nar shadda. But still, none the less brilliant.

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Link should be working now....all textures up just waiting for approval

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler

Last edited by Xarwarz; 10-08-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
CptPriceless

Current Game: TSL
Oh man! Sexyy! <3 You have achieved an impossible task. You have surpassed your[previous]self.

CptPriceless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptPriceless View Post
Oh man! Sexyy! <3 You have achieved an impossible task. You have surpassed your[previous]self.
Yea it came out pretty nice

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD

OTHER
Show spoiler
Old 10-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
rev1011
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor 2. Skyrim. Shaiya.
You modders always impress more and more each year
Great work.

rev1011 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
battle111
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR and LOTRO
Great work !!!!!!!!! great textures!!!!!amazing work!!!!!!!!
battle111 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
Phildevil

Wow, I gotta say these are impressive. Here's what I thought, looking at these:

I love how Malachor is portrayed. Gives an Evil/Aristocratic mood and I'd say I like it probably better than your previous version, even though it does not feel as heavy and dangerous.

Now Telos is really interesting. In previous mod, you were going for something more futuristic (the one before that was filled with a lot of flashy colors and pales in comparison of the next ones) whereas it is as if you were going for a look more like the original Telos in HD. So it is a keeper too.

As for Nar Shadaa, I must say it is an awesome improvement. No offense, but previous version was WAY too purple. When do you see purple in a city? Not often. Yellow refers to light and is way better. It might still be a little too much light, though. This particular skin would fit Coruscant better, in my opinion. At least, something more rich. We have to remember that the Nar Shadaa in TSL is the refugee sector, where most people are poor. I doubt they'd use this much light... Still, definitely a keeper!

I would need more pics from Onderon and Dantooine to decide if I like them or not. I can tell that Onderon looks good, but sample's way too small. So might be keepers, but not convinced.

Now for Korriban: I think this is the one planet where few improvements were made from the previous version. I think one version or the other one doesn't really matter and can't see real changes from one version compared to the other one. Not a keeper for me.

Now this Peragus look is pretty interesting. It reminds me of machinery. I might try-it, but there are already some very Peragus skins out there and I might just stick with them. However, if all you've ever played is regular Peragus with no new skin, this version would be a nice change from vanilla.

Dxun: NEEDS SAMPLE! That is way not enough to judge the improvements. Not sure I'll try-it, judging from what I see.

Now for the ships: they are just like Christmas Ships! Not good for the rest of the 360 days of the year. Seriously, they are not sober enough to me. The ravager carries a dark atmosphere that this skin does not convey (the previous version was way better in this matter).

Harbinger has some good, but the blue wall looks out of place compared to the rest, which is pretty tight.

As for the Ebon-Hawk, I prefered the previous mod. Was more blue and clean and less purple.
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #9
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev1011 View Post
You modders always impress more and more each year
Great work.
Thanks i wasn't going to do another one of these but somehow i did

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle111 View Post
Great work !!!!!!!!! great textures!!!!!amazing work!!!!!!!!
Thanks enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildevil View Post
Wow, I gotta say these are impressive. Here's what I thought, looking at these:

I love how Malachor is portrayed. Gives an Evil/Aristocratic mood and I'd say I like it probably better than your previous version, even though it does not feel as heavy and dangerous.

Now Telos is really interesting. In previous mod, you were going for something more futuristic (the one before that was filled with a lot of flashy colors and pales in comparison of the next ones) whereas it is as if you were going for a look more like the original Telos in HD. So it is a keeper too.

As for Nar Shadaa, I must say it is an awesome improvement. No offense, but previous version was WAY too purple. When do you see purple in a city? Not often. Yellow refers to light and is way better. It might still be a little too much light, though. This particular skin would fit Coruscant better, in my opinion. At least, something more rich. We have to remember that the Nar Shadaa in TSL is the refugee sector, where most people are poor. I doubt they'd use this much light... Still, definitely a keeper!

I would need more pics from Onderon and Dantooine to decide if I like them or not. I can tell that Onderon looks good, but sample's way too small. So might be keepers, but not convinced.

Now for Korriban: I think this is the one planet where few improvements were made from the previous version. I think one version or the other one doesn't really matter and can't see real changes from one version compared to the other one. Not a keeper for me.

Now this Peragus look is pretty interesting. It reminds me of machinery. I might try-it, but there are already some very Peragus skins out there and I might just stick with them. However, if all you've ever played is regular Peragus with no new skin, this version would be a nice change from vanilla.

Dxun: NEEDS SAMPLE! That is way not enough to judge the improvements. Not sure I'll try-it, judging from what I see.

Now for the ships: they are just like Christmas Ships! Not good for the rest of the 360 days of the year. Seriously, they are not sober enough to me. The ravager carries a dark atmosphere that this skin does not convey (the previous version was way better in this matter).

Harbinger has some good, but the blue wall looks out of place compared to the rest, which is pretty tight.

As for the Ebon-Hawk, I prefered the previous mod. Was more blue and clean and less purple.

Thanks for the detailed analysis some planets like korriban,dantooine,dxun cant be change to much as it offers so little to do so.

the blue on harbinger is a panal of wall lights since the ship is dark it fits fine to me. ravaenger i always had a hard time getting right i just decided to get away from plain this time. Ebon hawk i thought of making that display white instead of purple it can still be done as a replacement.

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD

OTHER
Show spoiler
Old 10-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #10
PrimitiveMatter
Lurker

Personally, I prefer mods which keep things in a style a bit more consistent with the game as it comes, so this mod isn't really my cup of tea. However, I do applaud your effort, as this must have taken quite some time to complete.

It's not something I will personally be keeping installed, but someone with different tastes to myself will no doubt derive a good deal of enjoyment from using this.

Good job!
PrimitiveMatter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #11
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Well i am sure you worked hard and did some interesting re texturing but some of them just dont feel right for the SW worlds as I know and study them. but thanks for sharing this.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #12
Scorge
Jedi Master

Current Game: SWTOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Wow those are really nice, Im sure to download em' for next TSL playthrough.

Formally MrObiWan

If you need help with textures on any KotOR/TSL mod, feel free to contact me.

Scorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #13
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Thanks for the comments all

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD

OTHER
Show spoiler
Old 10-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #14
Phildevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimitiveMatter View Post
Personally, I prefer mods which keep things in a style a bit more consistent with the game as it comes, so this mod isn't really my cup of tea. However, I do applaud your effort, as this must have taken quite some time to complete.

It's not something I will personally be keeping installed, but someone with different tastes to myself will no doubt derive a good deal of enjoyment from using this.

Good job!
You might wnat to try the Telos one. Think of-it as an HD vanilla version.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #15
Solidino
Lurker

Hi Xarwarz, could u please reupload the files on mediafire or depositfiles (these sites are very faster than light ^^) ?

I'm having problems with gamefront, for some unknown reason, i can't reach to download files anymore.

thanks.
Solidino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #16
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidino View Post
Hi Xarwarz, could u please reupload the files on mediafire or depositfiles (these sites are very faster than light ^^) ?

I'm having problems with gamefront, for some unknown reason, i can't reach to download files anymore.

thanks.
Of course, you could always upload your stuff to Deadly Stream for a more permanent solution.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2012, 01:07 AM   #17
zero0halo
Lurker

I joined the forums just to say, Thank you. Your re-textures have breathed new life into the game for me.
zero0halo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #18
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidino View Post

I'm having problems with gamefront, for some unknown reason, i can't reach to download files anymore.thanks.
if your registered at moddb i think that fix the prob as non registered people get sent to gamefront servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
Of course, you could always upload your stuff to Deadly Stream for a more permanent solution.
Im not shure if the files would be allowed cause of the size of some of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero0halo View Post
I joined the forums just to say, Thank you. Your re-textures have breathed new life into the game for me.
Your welcome enjoy

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD

OTHER
Show spoiler
Old 11-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #19
Clockwork
Lurker

Hi Xarwarz - I innstalled the 2013 files and they look great, but I think I'm missing some parts. Here's a screenshot from Peragus. Is it supposed to look like this or am I missing some skins?

http://imgur.com/KHWln
Clockwork is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #20
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Hi Xarwarz - I innstalled the 2013 files and they look great, but I think I'm missing some parts. Here's a screenshot from Peragus. Is it supposed to look like this or am I missing some skins?

http://imgur.com/KHWln
If u mean the white strips at the bottom....those are lights

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD

OTHER
Show spoiler
Old 11-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #21
Clockwork
Lurker

No, I mean the light grey panels in the middle of the shot. I think they are original KOTOR2 skins, but they seem a bit jaring with what I assume are your darker sinks around them.
Clockwork is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #22
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Thats how the panels are...u could download the plc files from my older packs to change look

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD

OTHER
Show spoiler
Old 11-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #23
RenegadeSniper7
Rookie

Looks incredible as usual, my only problem is that in one spot the textures on the Ebon Hawk won't load. I had this problem with TSL VE2012 as well, and the texture only loads if I'm using the vanilla textures, otherwise it's just blackness.

Photo: http://i.imgur.com/tTHa7.jpg

Any suggestions on how to fix?
RenegadeSniper7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2012, 02:31 AM   #24
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeSniper7 View Post
Looks incredible as usual, my only problem is that in one spot the textures on the Ebon Hawk won't load. I had this problem with TSL VE2012 as well, and the texture only loads if I'm using the vanilla textures, otherwise it's just blackness.

Photo: http://i.imgur.com/tTHa7.jpg

Any suggestions on how to fix?
This has been a problem with almost all of the Ebon Hawk Interior mods I;ve ever seen. As a matter of fact, I put in a request about this ages ago.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:54 AM   #25
RenegadeSniper7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
This has been a problem with almost all of the Ebon Hawk Interior mods I;ve ever seen. As a matter of fact, I put in a request about this ages ago.
Ah, I'd hoped there'd be an easy fix. Maybe someone will see this and make one.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know how to increase the draw distance of grass? It's dreadfully short and the grass on Dantooine looks horrible since I can constantly see it spawning in as I run.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:41 AM   #26
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
How did I miss this? I'm loving the enhancements

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #27
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Yea i never figured the blank spot out....i just ignored it as i was unsure how to correct it......
And Thanks blix

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD

OTHER
Show spoiler
Old 11-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #28
RenegadeSniper7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarwarz View Post
Yea i never figured the blank spot out....i just ignored it as i was unsure how to correct it......
And Thanks blix
Well, purely by chance I was just walking by that part of the Ebon Hawk and I entered the "bright" console command. It made the black spot go away. Screenshot
Old 11-30-2012, 03:37 AM   #29
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeSniper7 View Post
Well, purely by chance I was just walking by that part of the Ebon Hawk and I entered the "bright" console command. It made the black spot go away. Screenshot
Interesting so does it stay active with the command or does it go away with each module load

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD

OTHER
Show spoiler
Old 11-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #30
RenegadeSniper7
Rookie

Quote:
Interesting so does it stay active with the command or does it go away with each module load
Well, ~bright didn't just make that dark area show the texture, it makes the entire game brighter. It's hard to explain if you haven't seen it yourself in-game, but compare these screenshots:

Without ~bright

With ~bright

And that console command stays on until you restart the game, as far as I know, so the effect wouldn't go away with a module load, I don't think. However, I haven't played with ~bright turned on and actually transitioned modules before, simply because I don't want to play with it turned on, so I can't be sure. I do know that you can't just enter it again to turn it off, you have to restart the game.

So, I assume that the issue stems from that area not getting any lighting? I'm not sure, I'm not an expert. But it seems fixable.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #31
Windgale
Lurker

Quote:
Thats how the panels are...u could download the plc files from my older packs to change look
Sorry for the late post but, my question is this, are you going to be doing a PLC 2013 for this pack? Or should we just go with the previous?

And, an idea on the missing textures from the Ebon Hawk, would it be possible to insert something over those spots (on the floor)? Like some kind of... console thing, like what you wake up on at the start of Peragus? It may be able to hide the spots? Only other thing I can think of, and I apologize if I sound stupid for saying this but, if those spots are separate textures altogether, why not just remove that whole portion of the floor (in that particular hallway) and create a giant, single texture to cover that whole spot? I don't mod, so I am unsure how it works.

Thanks for the work you do, I personally love it. After so many playthroughs, it is nice to see some new things, something to spark new life in a gamers heart.
Windgale is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #32
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
These are amazing skins as always, Xarwars, but there are two errors you have continuously made with each year's posting that I wanted to point out: "Ravenger" and "Harbringer" should be Ravager and Harbinger.

I don't mean to be a pest; it's just a little annoyance that I finally had to say something about. Otherwise, keep up the good work! Looking forward to seeing this year's work on KOTOR 1 (unless it's already up and I missed it).

[Edit] Oh yeah, and I think it'd be nice if we could see more screenshots of each planet instead of only one image per world. For example, I'd really love to see what the grassy fields and Jedi enclave on Dantooine look like instead of just the interior of Koonda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #33
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windgale View Post
Sorry for the late post but, my question is this, are you going to be doing a PLC 2013 for this pack? Or should we just go with the previous?

And, an idea on the missing textures from the Ebon Hawk, would it be possible to insert something over those spots (on the floor)? Like some kind of... console thing, like what you wake up on at the start of Peragus? It may be able to hide the spots? Only other thing I can think of, and I apologize if I sound stupid for saying this but, if those spots are separate textures altogether, why not just remove that whole portion of the floor (in that particular hallway) and create a giant, single texture to cover that whole spot? I don't mod, so I am unsure how it works.

Thanks for the work you do, I personally love it. After so many playthroughs, it is nice to see some new things, something to spark new life in a gamers heart.
You can just use plc from 2012 mod........As far as ebon black texture apparently its a design error nothing i know how to fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
These are amazing skins as always, Xarwars, but there are two errors you have continuously made with each year's posting that I wanted to point out: "Ravenger" and "Harbringer" should be Ravager and Harbinger.

I don't mean to be a pest; it's just a little annoyance that I finally had to say something about. Otherwise, keep up the good work! Looking forward to seeing this year's work on KOTOR 1 (unless it's already up and I missed it).

[Edit] Oh yeah, and I think it'd be nice if we could see more screenshots of each planet instead of only one image per world. For example, I'd really love to see what the grassy fields and Jedi enclave on Dantooine look like instead of just the interior of Koonda.
Thanks for the correction on spelling....i wont be doing a kotor V.E. im working on system shock 2 now this year...sorry bout the one pics but i try to encourage people to try in game to better judge the textures....

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD

OTHER
Show spoiler
Old 04-05-2014, 05:19 PM   #34
DAFFYDAFFY1
Rookie

using a web proxy can be good for gamefront links.
just pick a country that works with the link that appears after clicking download button.
DAFFYDAFFY1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #35
FunkyLeorox
Lurker

Please can you upload somewhere NOT moddb? I get 30kb/s download there and anywhere else I get 25mb/s, i have fios quantum and this really bugs me I get really HUGE files in DAYS, when it should take about 2 minutes for a 2 gb file. I mean common it takes me days to download a 300 mb file and it takes me 10 minutes to download COD MW3? (14gb)
FunkyLeorox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2014, 09:32 PM   #36
Phildevil

Odd, I think speed is usually faster than that at moddb. Are you subscribed at moddb? Maybe that changes something...
Old 04-22-2014, 10:05 PM   #37
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Well, it couldn't hurt for Xarwarz to upload it to several places - like Deadly Stream and NexusMods - especially seeing as this is supposed to be his last Visual Enhancement mod.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Visual Enhancment 2013