lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Nar Shaddaa Droid Respray Station
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
PrimitiveMatter
Lurker

Nar Shaddaa Droid Respray Station

Hello, everyone!

A few days ago, I decided that I would begin work on a small mod, so that I could learn a bit about scripting for the KotOR games. My little experiment ended up coming together rather well in my opinion, so yesterday, I decided to turn it into a public mod. I'm very nearly done with it, I just need to figure out how voice over's and lip syncing work, but after that, it's good to go.

Basically, this mod adds a Weequay called Arbak to the Garage on the landing platform on Nar Shaddaa. When you speak to him, he will offer to repaint your droids for 200 credits per job.

Here are a few screenshots, displaying the options you can choose from:

Show spoiler

As you can see, choosing the 'just a clean up' option for T3 will restore him to his former glory by giving him back is skin from KotOR 1, the texture for which was included in the TSL game files.

Also, there are things not in the screenshots, such as the appearance the droids are currently using not showing up in the dialog and the options for each droid only appearing if they are currently in the party.

For a first mod, i'm quite pleased with how it's turned out, though I wish I could get the voice over and lip sync sorted out. I only want to use a Weequay voice from elsewhere in the game, but it's just not happening, i'm afraid.

Oh, one more thing: does anyone know of a way that I can make the portraits change at the same time as the appearances? As far as I can see, there's no scripting function that does this... I believe there's a portrait column in appearance.2da, but i'm not sure whether or not it works... I shall have to find out when I get back to the computer.

All thoughts, opinions and feedback are welcome!
PrimitiveMatter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Nar Shaddaa Droid Respray Station