lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #1641
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23 View Post
Writers will need to be 17 or above in age
"Need to be 17" Am i the only one who is picking up a little prejudice against us good looking 16 year olds
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #1642
Christos K
Forumite

Blame your parents they had you a matter of months too late.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #1643
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Hey everyone!

RoR being the End of the KOTOR Trilogy- my thoughts

RoR is the end of the Kotor Trilogy....(TOR is a New Story /Saga of its own that has connections to the KOTOR games and events.)

The KOTOR Trilogy is about -

-Revan's and the Exile's choices and The Ripples (Echos) from the Mandalorian War

-The Jedi Order finding its self after the Jedi Civil war- the arc is the conflict- destruction- rebirth of the Jedi Order and how they will find their new identity, which ultimately leads us to the Jedi we see in TOR.

-The Mandalorians defining their new future-purpose

-The Republic adjusting to the return of the Jedi Order and finally becoming the Republic that will be seen in TOR.

All these can be traced back to the Mandalorian War which changed everything...and in Revenge of Revan, you will be making choices and see how the trilogy ends.

These are the focus points of what I believe is the KOTOR Trilogy.

Logan

Edit: Fixed up the post- I originally posted it around 1am

Last edited by logan23; 05-08-2012 at 11:45 AM.
logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #1644
Slstoev
Rookie

Current Game: TF2, Minecraft
Logan, I wonder why do you have so many mistakes in your post.

I am the Alpha and Omega.
Slstoev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #1645
Master Kyra Starfire
Lurker

Current Game: KOTOR 1 and 2
Post May the Force be with you
Hello everyone!

I just registered today on LucasForums.
I am happy to meet you all.
Most of all though I must say that I am VERY happy
with what I have seen as far as the Revenge of Revan mod!
It is absolutely brilliant! I always wished that after playing
both KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 that LucasArts would make a
KOTOR 3. I was not very happy when KOTOR 3 never came
out but an online game came out instead. I remember the
days when I played MMOs.....not any more...they take up
too much of your life. So glad to see Logan and his team
did not disappoint the fans and created a masterpiece.
Master Kyra Starfire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2012, 01:23 AM   #1646
Master Kyra Starfire
Lurker

Current Game: KOTOR 1 and 2
To Ultimate HK 47:

No I have not thought about modding. I used to play D & D, Love Star Wars, Star Trek, just about anything fantasy and I love KOTOR! I am mostly into roleplaying games, and I am an artist. I used to be a dancer for 12 years, taught for 3 years, I love to paint, make jewelry and I do some digital art as well. What drew me to this site was the Revenge of Revan project. I had just recently got done playing KOTOR 2 and I felt like I was left hanging like....umm now what.....What exactly happens to Revan and the Exile now? /shrug I did some searching to see if there was a novel or something that I could read to get the story and I came across this site. Seeing this project has greatly inspired me. You see I recently sent my project into getting published. For four years of my life I have spent making my own tarot deck from scratch. Did all the art, text, designed the manual, .....everything. It was a huge undertaking and now I am a bit nervous...>crosses fingers<. I love the fact that Logan and the team have taken the time to do something like this and to do it right. I have never thought about modding but I am not opposed to giving it a try either. Nice to meet you /wave

P.S. Would have posted directly to you but the site said something about points.....also I will be done with Master Kyra's profile picture when I am done it will be posted on this thread
Master Kyra Starfire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #1647
Jaymen
Rookie

Just wanted to say hello and reiterate how much I enjoyed the demo! I love Revan and to a lesser extent, the exile. Therefore I'm desperately counting on you to give their stories, at the very least, a more character realistic finality then they got in the shameless old republic plug what was the Revan novel. Hoping you and your team keep up the amazing work!!
Jaymen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #1648
kotorcrazyguy
Rookie

Logan23, I'll consider being a part of your team. I can do scripting because I type fast, i do not wish to do voices, whatever you need of me I'll do. I loved the demo and am looking forward to the full release. PM me for my Google+ name and we'll discuss this further.
kotorcrazyguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #1649
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotorcrazyguy View Post
Logan23, I'll consider being a part of your team. I can do scripting because I type fast
What relevance does your typing speed have to scripting?

For a mod of this size, you'll need a pretty solid and encompassing knowledge of nwscript and be able to implement code properly.

The speed at which you type bears little importance.

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2012, 03:37 AM   #1650
kotorcrazyguy
Rookie

OK, well, i'm sorry for that. If any other jobs you need, just let me know. I don't have any ideas for scripting, can we discuss this via google+ if possible, instead?
kotorcrazyguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #1651
Jedi93
Lurker

Current Game: KOTOR II
---

Last edited by Jedi93; 06-14-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Jedi93 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #1652
Darth D
Rookie

Current Game: TES V : Skyrim
Hey logan23 , I hope I am not disturbing you , but i wanted to ask how is the mod going ? You have a very long time to post an update and I am curius to learn if there are any news...

You don't know the power of the dark side!
Darth D is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #1653
CptPriceless

Current Game: TSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth D View Post
Hey logan23 , I hope I am not disturbing you , but i wanted to ask how is the mod going ? You have a very long time to post an update and I am curius to learn if there are any news...
This is a total conversion mod that's been going on for about four years now. Remember that these guys don't fixate only on RoR; they have other things in their lives as well. Just be patient with the team. Periodic updates have been, and will be made.

CptPriceless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #1654
Darth D
Rookie

Current Game: TES V : Skyrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptPriceless View Post
This is a total conversion mod that's been going on for about four years now. Remember that these guys don't fixate only on RoR; they have other things in their lives as well. Just be patient with the team. Periodic updates have been, and will be made.
Yes you are right , of course ,it is a very demanding and time-consuming mod and I didn't wanted to put any pressure on them , I am just curious about the progress of the mod since it has been a very long time to see an update...that's all .

You don't know the power of the dark side!
Darth D is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #1655
rev1011
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor 2. Skyrim. Shaiya.
Just tried the demo. It's amazing. The whole mod is made really well. Apart from a few glitches near the start, getting stuck in places, and one of the cantina npc's head partially disappears(lol), other then that I'm more impressed with this the I was with the Kotor Brotherhood of shadow conversion. Good Job with all the hard work spent on this conversion mod. Most of my other mods that I installed, work fine too. I'm now Addicted :P
Can't wait for the updates on your site for this beta mod.

rev1011 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2012, 05:01 AM   #1656
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Cannot wait for the complete mod

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #1657
Vordyn_Kael
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor II
Finally got my new PC up and running after my old mobo failed. Should be laying down the rest of the tracks for Quan Drayen soon.

"We are all alive, no matter how dead we may feel."
Vordyn_Kael is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #1658

This is probably the biggest mod on this site.....there should be an award for this
Old 08-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #1659
Rejeans501st
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Lord Revan:. View Post
This is probably the biggest mod on this site.....there should be an award for this
well there should be once its done.

Any new updates logan?
Rejeans501st is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #1660
Aeliren
Lurker

Hey, I posted this on Deadly Stream earlier, but I'll put it here as well. Hopefully someone can help me:

I just downloaded the demo. The launcher has a small bug (I have to click a bit to the left of the icons to start the game), but I figured it wasn't much.

Then, I start a new game. All is normal. Now, when I press "Play", it takes me to the RoR intro crawl, but after that, it doesn't show Tyrena Station being attacked, and instead it skips me to the KotOR II prologue, on the Ebon Hawk. I skip the prologue, and I'm sent to Peragus. Anyone knows what's wrong? Thanks in advance.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure this is the biggest KotOR mod I've ever seen. Keep up the good work, and I'm hoping to see the full mod hit the web soon!
Aeliren is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #1661
Christos K
Forumite

Did you install onto an already modded game?

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #1662

^Ya if so i would clean the game out and reinstall RoR.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #1663
Aeliren
Lurker

Yeah, I've got TSLRCM and a few other mods. I'll go try that out, thanks.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #1664

^Ya i am sure there is some mod conflict i would check with logan to see what it is compatable with.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #1665
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Your best bet to be able to run both RoR and KotOR 2 simultaneously would be to make a fresh install of KotOR 2 and then copy the entire game folder and rename to whatever you choose. Then just install RoR to the copy and use the main, real copy for KotOR 2.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #1666
Christos K
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Guardian View Post
Your best bet to be able to run both RoR and KotOR 2 simultaneously would be to make a fresh install of KotOR 2 and then copy the entire game folder and rename to whatever you choose. Then just install RoR to the copy and use the main, real copy for KotOR 2.
This is what I did but I made two folders. One for RoR and one for TJM. THough I did include a few force power mods and what not.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #1667
logan23
Veteran

Hey guys!

Just wanted to stop in and give you guys an update on the mod.

The Story Bible is going through review and will be ready for the new writers with in a few days. Right now it's 78 pages long and might end up as big as 90 by the time its fully stamped approved.

The Story Bible is the core document for a Writer to understand the characters and the story of the game in order to write dialogue and quest lines where they can see the character arcs as well as the over all themes on each planet as well as game as a whole. This involves bios, character arcs, game planet layout, all the main events and themes on each planet in order to keep with the pacing of the over arcing story.

This gives the writers the confidence and foundation to allow them to be creative and know where all the small and large pieces and joints are in the game.

You will be seeing more information and images on the official website coming in early Oct.

I'm looking forward to getting more of this information out to you guys and answer any questions you might have.

Thanks for the Support!

And Keep Modding!

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

Old 09-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #1668
Warlord664

Current Game: swtor
Contest winner - Modding 
Thanks for the update! It's nice to progress being made

Lets rock and role play!

http://xat.com/TSLModding
Warlord664 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #1669
Gregthegen
Rookie

Current Game: Mass Effect
Awesome news on the story bible! Looking forward to the story alot

A couple of random ideas since the mod is still being written in areas.
A unique ls/ds romance option and a unique planet or quest chain only unlockable if your a certain alignment. irregardless keep truckin' along with the mod and i will be waiting on here and moddb for whenever you are ready to release the next stage.

"Hey look, I'm a sith! (Pushes a little kid to the ground).-Jess."

"No you're not, that wasn't even star-wars related, that was just mean."-Greg

"yes it was, I used force push, the force of my hand pushing against his back."-Jess

You can't electrocute anyone. -Greg.

"Yes I can"-Jess (Grabbing a taser out of her purse.)
Gregthegen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #1670
Yul
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23 View Post
Hey guys!

Just wanted to stop in and give you guys an update on the mod.

The Story Bible is going through review and will be ready for the new writers with in a few days. Right now it's 78 pages long and might end up as big as 90 by the time its fully stamped approved.

The Story Bible is the core document for a Writer to understand the characters and the story of the game in order to write dialogue and quest lines where they can see the character arcs as well as the over all themes on each planet as well as game as a whole. This involves bios, character arcs, game planet layout, all the main events and themes on each planet in order to keep with the pacing of the over arcing story.

This gives the writers the confidence and foundation to allow them to be creative and know where all the small and large pieces and joints are in the game.

You will be seeing more information and images on the official website coming in early Oct.

I'm looking forward to getting more of this information out to you guys and answer any questions you might have.

Thanks for the Support!

And Keep Modding!

MORE TO COME.....

Logan
Just wanted to stop in and give my (moral) support. It's been a few years since I first found this and I've gotten busy with doing other stuff, but I'm still keeping track of this game and anticipating its release. In the back of my mind, it's not even a mod anymore.

Good work staying on it so long. :O Thanks for the progress update.
Yul is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #1671
Aeliren
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Guardian View Post
Alright, thanks. Haven't had time to try it yet, I've been busy, but I will when I'll have time.

Again, Logan, great mod! You and the others have been working hard, can't wait to see the fruits of your labors!
Old 10-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #1672
Darth Nontrouse
Lurker

Current Game: None at the moment.
Hey Logan I have several questions. When you said you will not be a Sith but a Dark Jedi what did you mean. And also I don't mean to be impatient but when is your guess on the date this will be release?

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.
Siri's Answer: Is it Asian, American, or Mexican wood? That was the anwser we got when my friend asked Siri that.
Darth Nontrouse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #1673
Scorge
Jedi Master

Current Game: SWTOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Nontrouse View Post
And also I don't mean to be impatient but when is your guess on the date this will be release?

Formally MrObiWan

If you need help with textures on any KotOR/TSL mod, feel free to contact me.

Scorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #1674
Kyr'am Galaar

Current Game: SWTOR
Quote:
And also I don't mean to be impatient but when is your guess on the date this will be release?
Try to find something to occupy your attention while you wait for the release. It will come out eventually. If they gave up and aren't planning on finishing, I feel reasonably confident that they would tell us so. In the meantime, patience is a virtue. And required.

~KG~

|~La-da-di-do-laaaa!!! I am an oh-so evil sith lawd! And a mando cheftan, and a aich-kay assashshshasssasa... Assassshasshasasha. Ass... I kill shtuf. And imma robot. Beep boop beep bop~|

|~La-da-di-do-laaaa!!! I am an oh-so evil sith lawd! And a mando cheftan, and a aich-kay assashshshasssasa... Assassshasshasasha. Ass... I kill shtuf. And imma robot. Beep boop beep bop~|
Kyr'am Galaar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #1675
Darth Nontrouse
Lurker

I sincerely hope that it's released early next year or this year. I've played the other conversion mod The Jedi Masters but it's not challenging in the slightest and it doesn't feel like Kotor but I think they did do a great job, but ROV will be much better I beleive.
Anyway let's try to spark this forum up again. :P

Siri's Answer: Is it Asian, American, or Mexican wood? That was the anwser we got when my friend asked Siri that.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #1676
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Current Game: Kotor 1
Quote:
I sincerely hope that it's released early next year or this year. I've played the other conversion mod The Jedi Masters but it's not challenging in the slightest and it doesn't feel like Kotor but I think they did do a great job, but ROV will be much better I beleive.
Anyway let's try to spark this forum up again. :P
Do you know TJM is getting improved? Well, if not, check it out on the forums, or some one will give you a link. And perhaps it'll be better, we'll see.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...12#post2807812
The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

USED TO BE KNOWN AS DARTH JANGO/WEASLEY
UltimateHK47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #1677
Darth Nontrouse
Lurker

I hope when you find Lord Revan you find Darth Vitiate and demolish him with Revan. It really annoys me how they say he's the most powerful sith while Revan was the strongest. I think it should be something like this lol.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #1678
Darth Nontrouse
Lurker

Guys I have a bit of a problem. The website seems to be down. It shows a lady and nothing else. Not sure if the site is down or not. I mean the Revenge of Revan website. Not sure if it's just me. Tell me whats wrong please.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #1679
Sithspecter
Mod Longer, Forum Less

Current Game: Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder LFN Staff Member 
Let's stay on topic folks. No more posts about the lack of updates or comments, okay?

Sithspecter is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #1680
logan23
Veteran

Oh my bad.
I forgot to update my visa card.
Will take care of this.

Site will be up in a few

UPDATE: I fixed the payment for the domain

I think it will take 24 hours till the site is back up.
I looked at the mapping but i don't see any issues - just think it needs time

Last edited by logan23; 12-08-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > [tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan