lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Excellent Blog (good readables)
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
90SK
Universal Figment
 
90SK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 4,385
Current Game: Tetris
Good Readibles

So, a while ago while I was researching Peggy Kane and reverse speech I stumbled across an interesting blog:

http://phoenixaquua.blogspot.com/

It's good, its all about spiritualism and the call to awaken. Some of the stuff there is really profound and there's LOADS of content to read. It's the best blog I've ever seen. I would recommend it to everyone, really. I actually was able to connect with the person behind the blog on facebook, and he's a really cool guy. We haven't spoken but from what I've seen of him he's really neat, invited my to a few events and I've shared some of his stuff.

Something that he posted, just for kicks:
http://darkpsychedelic.ru/FV_17.html

have fun


Last edited by 90SK; 10-29-2012 at 07:22 PM.
90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #2
Lynk Former
internet hate machine
 
Lynk Former's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,979
10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
I clicked, took a second to look at the site design, laughed and then closed the tab.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,170
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I've spotted some Fringe pics there.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,351
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
I clicked, took a second to look at the site design, laughed and then closed the tab.
Spiritualism doesn't deal with CSS, lynk...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
Lynk Former
internet hate machine
 
Lynk Former's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,979
10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Spiritualism doesn't deal with CSS, lynk...
That's why I can't take these people seriously.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
90SK
Universal Figment
 
90SK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 4,385
Current Game: Tetris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
I clicked, took a second to look at the site design, laughed and then closed the tab.
I've never read blogs so I don't really know about standards, I prefer to look at the actual content.

I'd like to know more about that second link I posted...

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #7
Canderis
Mercenary
 
Canderis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Unknown
Posts: 2,509
Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
This is the kind of stuff that has ruined my mom. She is borderline insane now, and it really scares me. I see no logic in most of this kind of stuff, and due to my mom, I am too afraid that reading deep into this kind of stuff will ruin my life as well.




Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #8
Red Hessian
Junior Member
 
Red Hessian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bliss, Mania
Posts: 277
Current Game: Oblivion
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 SK View Post
I'd like to know more about that second link I posted...
Major acid trip dude.
Red Hessian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #9
thejman217
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
I clicked, took a second to look at the site design, laughed and then closed the tab.
Same, though I didn't laugh. This, to me, seems like a blog for REALLY religious people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canderis View Post
This is the kind of stuff that has ruined my mom. She is borderline insane now, and it really scares me. I see no logic in most of this kind of stuff, and due to my mom, I am too afraid that reading deep into this kind of stuff will ruin my life as well.
I don't mean to pry, but she became borderline insane just by reading a blog like this one? (I don't know what's on the blog, for I didn't look through the content.)


@90 SK: "It's the best blog I've ever seen."

It could be, but the best blogs that people have ever seen depend on taste. Maybe that's why people here have fairly negative reactions towards it (PLEASE don't think that I am trying to be an a**).

Last edited by thejman217; 10-29-2012 at 06:20 PM.
thejman217 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #10
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!
 
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Over the bridge from Australia
Posts: 1,214
What exactly about this blog do you like very much, 90 SK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejman217 View Post
Same, though I didn't laugh. This, to me, seems like a blog for REALLY religious people.
'Spiritual', not 'religious'. There's a difference.

But you do get people that are both religious, and spiritual, in this specific manner.


Quote:
I don't mean to pry, but she became borderline insane just by reading this blog? (I don't know what's on the blog, for I didn't look through the content.)
It sounds to me Canderis' mother read things *like* this blog, not specifically this blog itself.

I think there us also a more negative side to this sort of thing - with conspiracy theories and such about dark spiritual entities out to attack you and things like that. That sort of thing can really get to you if you really believe it and think about it a lot. Just a possibility.



mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.

Last edited by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan; 10-29-2012 at 06:30 PM.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #11
Pho3nix
#rekt
 
Pho3nix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,372
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
I think there us also a more negative side to this sort of thing - with conspiracy theories and such about dark spiritual entities out to attack you and things like that. That sort of thing can really get to you if you really believe it and think about it a lot. Just a possibility.
Not to be that guy, but doesn't the bible talk about dark spiritual entities out to attack you as well?

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #12
90SK
Universal Figment
 
90SK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 4,385
Current Game: Tetris
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
What exactly about this blog do you like very much, 90 SK?
I like it because its thought provoking and inspiring. I understand that it is also daunting and strange which is why I haven't completely devoured the site - I've read some of it, skimmed other parts. That psychedelic web thing was cool.

Its anti establishment and pro world unification which I like... I thought it was clever but maybe I'll retract "best blog" statement since I never read blogs. But then again I'm not really a reader either. I'm sure there are better blogs, with better subjects.

A lot of the books I've read recently are also on the subject of spiritualism, it's something I go out of my way to research. It's kind of a hobby of mine to keep books like that. Study of the seven chakras, buddhism, and energy healing all fascinate me. Because this blog has a lot of content related to those topics, naturally it's something I'm drawn to. I don't want to polarize people by posting things like this, but I can't help it if its evocative (and its evocative nature is no reason to withhold it either). But it's not like I mind people having negative opinions on it, quite the opposite.

Yes there are conspiracy theories on the site, including 2012, but there is also prose, inspiring quotes, and links to videos and other sites on Mayan astrology and other topics that are legit in giving information on what exactly is being discussed within topics that tend to suffer from ambiguity (to put it mildly).

This is the kind of site that someone who read "The Power of Now" would probably dig, it's right there in the same vein of study. I read that book part way through and it was a lot of the same kind of inspirational motivational spiritualism talk.


Last edited by 90SK; 10-29-2012 at 07:15 PM.
90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #13
thejman217
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
It sounds to me Canderis' mother read things *like* this blog, not specifically this blog itself.
I edited my mistake before you replied to my comment. As you can see, it says *like* this blog. I saw where my mistake was.

You must have read my post right as I was editing it, I guess.

EDIT
Yep, that's what happened. You can see that you replied four minutes after I edited it (during which I assume you were creating/typing your post).


@90 SK: Do you believe that the end of the Mayan Calendar is true?
thejman217 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #14
90SK
Universal Figment
 
90SK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 4,385
Current Game: Tetris
^ I don't know what I believe about 2012. If it's true and we are in fact entering a region of space on a higher vibrational frequency and our third dimensional realities brush the lower vibrations of the fourth dimension to spur a global quickening of awareness, we probably won't notice in ways that would verify the prediction. The world won't end. Then again, maybe something WILL happen. But that's just it, we have no idea. I need to read more into it. I know in my life recently I've faced a lot of moments of intense self questioning that have caused me to move across the country, change my major, and change my plans for the future, but that's my life, and that's LIFE. It's what's happening to me right now: the cosmos have no more impact than they usually do.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #15
Canderis
Mercenary
 
Canderis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Unknown
Posts: 2,509
Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Not just from it, Other factors contributed. Im not sure if it caused it, but this is the main outlet for her. It wasnt also blogs only. She listens to people talk about these things alot on youtube or something




Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #16
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!
 
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Over the bridge from Australia
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pho3nix View Post
Not to be that guy, but doesn't the bible talk about dark spiritual entities out to attack you as well?
Yes, but general consensus is that you just leave it to God to protect you from any sort of 'dark forces' there may be out there, and that if specific cases of 'dark side activity' is encountered, any Christian can call on the name of God to subdue it.
However, there are a small number of people that focus almost entirely on this thing in a hyper-superstitious sort of way. *Every* little thing is attributable to demon activity and must be dealt with by confronting each particular demon, that believe in protecting one's self, home etc by using special objects and rituals and whatnot, etc etc.

I suppose by being a Christian, one is somewhat superstitious by necessity, but the point is that there is a way of life that is so consumed by the negative aspects of these things (both inside and outside of Christianity) which I (and most people) do not subscribe to (i.e. we are not driven to 'borderline insanity' by it).


Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 SK View Post
I like it because its thought provoking and inspiring. I understand that it is also daunting and strange which is why I haven't completely devoured the site - I've read some of it, skimmed other parts. That psychedelic web thing was cool.

Its anti establishment and pro world unification which I like... I thought it was clever but maybe I'll retract "best blog" statement since I never read blogs. But then again I'm not really a reader either. I'm sure there are better blogs, with better subjects.

A lot of the books I've read recently are also on the subject of spiritualism, it's something I go out of my way to research. It's kind of a hobby of mine to keep books like that. Study of the seven chakras, buddhism, and energy healing all fascinate me. Because this blog has a lot of content related to those topics, naturally it's something I'm drawn to. I don't want to polarize people by posting things like this, but I can't help it if its evocative (and its evocative nature is no reason to withhold it either). But it's not like I mind people having negative opinions on it, quite the opposite.

Yes there are conspiracy theories on the site, including 2012, but there is also prose, inspiring quotes, and links to videos and other sites on Mayan astrology and other topics that are legit in giving information on what exactly is being discussed within topics that tend to suffer from ambiguity (to put it mildly).

This is the kind of site that someone who read "The Power of Now" would probably dig, it's right there in the same vein of study. I read that book part way through and it was a lot of the same kind of inspirational motivational spiritualism talk.
I read that post about the simultaneous meditation thing during an eclipse in May this year, and I couldn't help but think of

View page
YouTube Video


Damn, that is such a funky song.



mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #17
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,351
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
'Spiritual', not 'religious'. There's a difference.
Yeah the first is the lazy version of the other.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Excellent Blog (good readables)

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:16 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.