lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: SimonK's WIPs
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-31-2012, 06:53 PM   #41
Scorge
Jedi Protector

Current Game: SWTOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Awesome gun models again PS: In my opinion I think it would look better if you put a scope on the standard disruptor pistol.

Formally MrObiWan

If you need help with textures on any KotOR/TSL mod, feel free to contact me.

Scorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2012, 07:59 PM   #42
SimonKTemplar
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorge View Post
Awesome gun models again PS: In my opinion I think it would look better if you put a scope on the standard disruptor pistol.
I'll consider it, but it might raise the polycount a bit though

Update: I think this is reasonably accomodating.
Show spoiler

I'm more of a '3d fabricator' than a '3d modeller', meaning I prefer to construct things from reference, blueprints or schematics rather than to design stuff of my own.

Last edited by SimonKTemplar; 11-01-2012 at 01:01 AM.
SimonKTemplar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2012, 06:18 AM   #43
SimonKTemplar
Rookie

update

Phew! It's been a while... I've really been busy this past week, mostly administration issues around college. But I'm back... with a new update! I decided I'd finish my Standard Disruptor Rifle (finally!). It took ages for me to think up the design, and I decided I'd stick as much as I can to the original model, which is one of the few good-looking vanilla weapon models in the game. There's a few good models I'm still working on though, so there's likely gonna be an update later today. Stay tuned.
Show spoiler

I'm more of a '3d fabricator' than a '3d modeller', meaning I prefer to construct things from reference, blueprints or schematics rather than to design stuff of my own.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #44
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Current Game: Skyrim
Red face Well now ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKTemplar View Post
I'll consider it, but it might raise the polycount a bit though

Update: I think this is reasonably accomodating.
Show spoiler
Interesting addition. Even though the polycount raise ...

any chance to see couple of these released soon, with textures if it's not much to ask??

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Mandalorian camo Armors in-game http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204159
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #45
SimonKTemplar
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgNihilus View Post
Interesting addition. Even though the polycount raise ...

any chance to see couple of these released soon, with textures if it's not much to ask??
My work on the first game's ranged weapons is nearly complete - only a few more models. I've decided that I'll make some of the less commonly used weapons like standard weapons with minor variations in the model, instead of making them fully-unique, because let's face it, people who play the game don't buy them all that often (i'm referring to less common guns like the Arkanian Blaster Pistol, and the Bothan Needler for instance)... all in all, I should have all the standard, categorized and special/upgradeable/unique weapons done by the end of the week, with textures not far behind.

My current issue is that I have NO idea what design to use for the Sonic Rifle model. I am now taking suggestions, please send pics with what you (the community) thinks it should look like, because quite frankly, I'm all out of ideas on this one. Always did hate the Sonic rifle anyways; looked like the hose of a washing machine mounted onto the lower part of a flamethrower or something

Old 06-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #46
JediRevan001
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR 1 and KotOR 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKTemplar View Post
Okay, I'll try that. Strange thing is, I did that when I was initially arranging the surfaces for the base UV map. Then i exported from 3ds max into the 3ds format and imported into gmax. It must've started stretching when I welded all the vertices together, since exporting to 3ds tends to separate all the surfaces one from another, causing all the surfaces to lose their smoothing.

Anyway, I've done something extra for a bit of change. A bit of skinning. Figured the Qel-Droma robes for K1 needed to look distinctive from the other Jedi robes. My only regret is that I couldn't get the big flowing hooded cape like in Shadows and Light, the way Duron was wearing them, since I used that as my reference for the robe coloring.
Show spoiler

For better understanding of modelling software, it's best to buy a book that explains it. Try "3ds Max 4 Bible" or for newer versions of Max. If you know how to use Max 4, gmax is a cakewalk, since it's based on Max 4.
Could you release this skin?

I love you too, with all of my heart.
Your aren't afraid to love any more?
After this? No. Nothing could make me feel safer than to be loved by you.
-Bastila Shan and Revan
JediRevan001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > SimonK's WIPs