lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KOTOR 1+2: Vista Fix & Windows 7 Report
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #841
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
The KotOR collection should already be compatible with Windows 7, so I hope you didn't use the guide in this thread to install the games.

If you did, reinstall them without it, like you would any other program.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #842
iamjml
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
The KotOR collection should already be compatible with Windows 7, so I hope you didn't use the guide in this thread to install the games.

If you did, reinstall them without it, like you would any other program.
I installed it normally without any changes.
iamjml is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #843
Q
The one who knocks

Try disabling the intro movies by renaming the files:
KotOR 1: biologo.bik; leclogo.bik; legal.bik
KotOR 2: leclogo.bik; legal.bik; ObsidianEnt.bik

In each case you can just change their file extension from "bik" to "bak" and they'll be skipped.

Use the Dantooine lag fix:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerhs View Post
  • First, figure out where the .ini is installed. Default is "C:\Program Files\Lucasarts\swkotor(2)\swkotor(2).ini". If its not in that location, then your going to have to do some searching around on the hard drive a bit.
  • When you find it, just double-click on the file to open it in Notepad.
  • Scroll down the file until you find the Graphics Options
  • Under the last line ("last line" as in the last line of the list of entries under "Graphics Options", NOT the last line of "swkotor(2).ini"), add "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1", without the quotes.
  • Goto File, then Save.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Old 11-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #844
iamjml
Lurker

I uninstalled the program and started over. Didn't change the screen resolution. Ran great until I tried to go to Tatooine. Crashes. I checked the swkotor.ini file and the "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" change was already there.
iamjml is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #845
Q
The one who knocks

Check to see if the game is running on a single CPU core by alt-tabbing out and bring up Windows Task Manager. Go to "processes" and right-click on swkotor.exe. Select "set affinity" and see if only one CPU is checked. If they're all checked, that could be the source of your problem.

-Toker
Old 11-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #846
ShinWalks
Lurker

Very annoying; I'm trying to give KotOR2 another shot to play the latest version of TSLRCM, but now the game won't run. I'm using Windows 7 x64, SP1. I have the original, US, 4-CDs version of the game, and I reinstalled it, following your excellent and detailed advice, setting the installer for compatibility mode and admin privileges, then patching to 1.0b (with compatibility and admin), then installing the high quality music and movies, then installing TSLRCM 1.8.1 (with compatibility and admin), then installing a handful of reskins I use to the override. I also set the Dantooine lag fix line(wish I'd know that one years ago when I played KotOR1!) and set fullscreen=1 and my native res (1600x1200) in the .ini. Finally, I'm running the game in compatibility with admin.

It crashes immediately every time the LucasArts and Obsidian movies finish, just before the main menu should come up. I've tried removing those videos; the game still crashes before reaching the main menu. Digging around through this and other forums, it looks like the issue is that my new system uses Intel HD 4000 graphics; when I last tried KotOR2 on Win 7 it worked, but I was using an AMD video card. It doesn't seem like anyone has an answer for this one; the current Intel graphics drivers don't allow the user to set a "Flipping" preference, so that won't do it. Is there no way to run KotOR2 on a modern Intel video adapter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
ShinWalks is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #847
Q
The one who knocks

I would use the configure option in the launcher to lower the resolution and see if it will launch then. If it doesn't, try using the game's configuration utility to post your system specs:
Quote:
Post your system specs
Sometimes we're just not going to be able to help you if we don't know what kind of hardware you have on your machine. If you don't know what you have on your machine, then follow these steps below:
  • If you're using Vista or Windows 7, go into your game folder, find "launcher.exe" and "swconfig.exe". For each file, right-click on it, select "properties", then "compatibility", check the box beside "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)". Then check the box next to "Run this program administrator" and hit "OK". (EDIT by Q)
  • Bring up the launcher menu for Kotor 1 or 2 (by running "launcher.exe").
  • Click on "Configure".
  • Click the "Scan Hardware" button on the lower center of the window.
  • Click "Yes" to continue.
  • Click "Details" to view your system specs.
  • Click "Save Report" and save the file to your desktop.
  • Whenever you post your problem, open the file you just saved and copy and paste the contents to your post.
You can leave out the keymapping and everything after that.

-Toker
Old 11-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #848
ShinWalks
Lurker

I tried taking the resolution all the way down to 800x600, and it still crashed.

When I tell the configuration app to scan my hardware, it says that the scan has failed. However, the details screen reads:

Video: RDPDD Chained DD 2048MB
Graphics Recommended: ATI Radeon 9200 or better, nVidia GeForce 4 Ti or better (128MB VRAM)

and the saved log reads:

[SWKotOR]
ReportDateTime=11/20/2012 6:20:02 PM
SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60
GameExists=1
GameVersion=v2.10.427
GameInstallLocation=D:\Games\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\

[OS]
Name=WinXP
Version=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2
Service Pack=None
Status=Pass

[SwapFiles]
?:\pagefile.sys=0

[CPU]
CPUCount=4
CPUSpeed=3292
CPUFamily=6
CPUModel=10
CPUStepping=9
CPUVendor=Intel
CPUName= Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3225 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Status=Pass

[Memory]
RAM=4096
Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]
C: (NTFS), UNICODE=5.66GB
D: (NTFS), UNICODE=65.73GB
E: (NTFS), UNICODE=118.26GB
Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]
DriveLetters=F:\
Drives=HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH14NS40 ATA Device

[Video]
Video Card Name=RDPDD Chained DD
Video Memory=2048
Desktop Resolution=1600x1200x32 @ 60Hz
DirectX=DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)
OpenGL Version=4.0.0 - Build 9.17.10.2875
OpenGL Vendor=Intel
OpenGL Renderer=Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Vid Card Status=Warning
Vid Card Driver Status=Pass
GL Status=Pass
DX Status=Pass

[Audio]
Sound Card Name=Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Status=Pass

;Game Options from swkotor2.ini

[Display Options]
FullScreen=1
Disable Movies=0
Disable Intro Movies=0
Sort Modules=1
Width=1600
Height=1200
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60

[Sound Options]
Music Volume=85
Voiceover Volume=85
Sound Effects Volume=85
Movie Volume=85
Number 3D Voices=32
Number 2D Voices=32
2D3D Bias=1.00
EAX=0
Sound Init=0
Disable Sound=0
Force Software=0

[Graphics Options]
Anisotropy=1
Frame Buffer=1
Grass=1
Soft Shadows=1
Shadows=1
Brightness=57
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=1
RefreshRate=60
Width=1600
Height=1200
V-Sync=0
Texture Quality=2
Anti Aliasing=0
Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

[Game Options]
UnlockedPlanetSongs=1
Enable Tooltips=1
Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000
Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000
Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000
TextureVariation=0
BodyVariation=0
AppearanceType=0
PCGender=0
GameCompleted=0
CurSithLord=0
Hide InGame GUI=0
Use Small Fonts=0
Hide Unequippable=0
Tutorial Popups=1
Subtitles=1
Mini Map=1
Floating Numbers=1
Status Summary=1
Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1
Mouse Sensitivity=44
Difficulty Level=1
Auto Level Up NPCs=0
Mouse Look=0
AutoSave=1
EnableScreenShot=0
Reverse Mouse Buttons=0
Reverse Ingame YAxis=0
Reverse Minigame YAxis=0
Combat Movement=1
TooltipDelay Sec=1
Disable Movies=1

[config]
firstrun=0

N.B.: I am running Windows 7 x64 SP1, contrary to the hardware scan results.

BUT:

I found that it will load and run (at least to the point of starting to move T3 around the Hawk) if I disable movies in the config. The game instantly crashes, however, if I try to turn on any AA or AF in the advanced graphics options. So, maybe my only option is to miss all the cutscenes? :/
Old 11-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #849
Q
The one who knocks

Make sure 640x480 is supported in your graphics driver control panel.

Turn off frame buffer effects, grass, shadows and soft shadows.

Try turning on v-sync.

You might want to download and use the Vista fix. It shouldn't be necessary for Windows 7, but it won't hurt, either.

-Toker
Old 11-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #850
ShinWalks
Lurker

I actually did try out the Vista .dll last time, and it didn't fix it, either.

Yes, it does look like the Intel graphics driver doesn't list 640x480 as an option. So, I guess that's it? Any attempt to set the screen to that resolution crashes out the offending process... So, does that mean we're stuck unless and until Intel for some reason adds support for *lower* resolutions to their HD 4000 drivers? May be waiting a long time...
Old 11-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #851
Q
The one who knocks

Is there no way that you can add a custom resolution in the driver control panel?

-Toker
Old 11-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #852
ShinWalks
Lurker

Hmm, okay, I've tried adding custom resolutions for 640x480 with 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit color, but it still crashes (in fact, when I set the custom resolution to 8-bit color, it actually crashed at the Obsidian video instead of after it). I can set the refresh rate; I tried 60 Hz, but would something else be better for these .bik movies? There's another setting for "Timing Standards" with the options "GTF", "CVT", and "CVT-RB"; the default is "GTF." Should I mess with those? Should I mess with another setting for "Underscan Percentage"?

(Thank you for your feedback, this has been very helpful already!)
Old 11-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #853
boczektoszynka1
Lurker

Hello, my problem is when i click new game it crashes. Kotor stop work... I tried many fixes etc. Help. Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX560TI, Steam version
boczektoszynka1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #854
Q
The one who knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinWalks View Post
Hmm, okay, I've tried adding custom resolutions for 640x480 with 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit color, but it still crashes (in fact, when I set the custom resolution to 8-bit color, it actually crashed at the Obsidian video instead of after it). I can set the refresh rate; I tried 60 Hz, but would something else be better for these .bik movies? There's another setting for "Timing Standards" with the options "GTF", "CVT", and "CVT-RB"; the default is "GTF." Should I mess with those? Should I mess with another setting for "Underscan Percentage"?

(Thank you for your feedback, this has been very helpful already!)
Given your desktop resolution, I think that you're a good candidate for the "high-quality" movie patch. Other than that, I'm not sure what else I can do to help. It certainly looks like you've installed the game correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boczektoszynka1 View Post
Hello, my problem is when i click new game it crashes. Kotor stop work... I tried many fixes etc. Help. Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX560TI, Steam version
The Steam version should already be compatible with Windows 7. No compatibility fixes should be necessary, and could possibly bork your installation.

-Toker
Old 11-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #855
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Anyone know how compatable KOTOR/TSL are w/re to Windows 8 yet?

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #856
Q
The one who knocks

Ferc Kast has said that it runs fine if installed by following the steps in the second post.

-Toker
Old 11-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #857
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
OK, thanks.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #858
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Ferc Kast has said that it runs fine if installed by following the steps in the second post.
Although, it has been noted by others that one may have to install the latest (Windows 8 compatible) drivers for their graphics card to get the games working properly.

Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #859
Morkolen
Lurker

I have managed to get KotOR 2 to work in the maximum resolutionbut every time i try to improve the graphics from the Advanced Graphics in the menu the game crashes the same goes when i try to increase them from the.ini file please help
Morkolen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #860
Q
The one who knocks

And now for the obligatory canned response.
Try using the game's configuration utility to post your system specs:
Quote:
Post your system specs
Sometimes we're just not going to be able to help you if we don't know what kind of hardware you have on your machine. If you don't know what you have on your machine, then follow these steps below:
  • If you're using Vista or Windows 7, go into your game folder, find "launcher.exe" and "swconfig.exe". For each file, right-click on it, select "properties", then "compatibility", check the box beside "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)". Then check the box next to "Run this program administrator" and hit "OK". (EDIT by Q)
  • Click on "Configure".
  • Whenever you post your problem, open the file you just saved and copy and paste the contents to your post.
You can leave out the keymapping and everything after that. Also, please specify which version of Windows you are using because the game can't ID anything newer than XP.

-Toker
Old 12-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #861
Morkolen
Lurker

Well im using a cracked version of the Collection edition and for some reason i dont have the lancher or config files.But the reason im seeking help is because i installed the game before and played it with no problems at all.Then i reinstalled my Windows and now the game isnt working properly o.o
Morkolen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #862
Q
The one who knocks

Pirated game?

Sorry. Can't help you.

-Toker
Old 12-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #863
nicki-just
Lurker

Hi there. I have a collector's edition of the game, and I'm unable to make a list of my system specs, as you wish :/

My problem is, that after 2-3 minutes, the game freezes. The music runs, speech is heard in the background - but the game just "stops".

I'm running with Windows 7 x64-bit, and it is a quite new "hightech"-computer. If you wish, I can come with more specifications - but I can't find a "launcher.exe"-file, neither the other one.

Sincerely yours,
Nicki.
nicki-just is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #864
Q
The one who knocks

The Collection DVDs lack the still-useful swconfig utility.

Which game are you having trouble with?

-Toker
Old 12-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #865
nicki-just
Lurker

Quote:
The Collection DVDs lack the still-useful swconfig utility.

Which game are you having trouble with?
Knights of the old republic

Haven't tried the other one, since I want to play it as a series
Old 12-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #866
scramjetbooster
Rookie

Hmm, AFAIK you can still make a spec report using dxdiag...
  1. Press WIN+R on the keyboard (or Start->Run),
  2. the 'Run' dialog then appears,
  3. then type 'dxdiag' without the quotation marks,
  4. the Dxdiag window will appear,
  5. Click 'Save All Information...', save the file in the desktop,
  6. Open it, just copy the entire 'System Information' section,
  7. Scroll down, skip the Dxdiags section, then copy the 'Display Device' section.

Last edited by scramjetbooster; 12-15-2012 at 05:40 PM.
scramjetbooster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #867
Leo206
Lurker

Unhappy Problem in Running Kotor II

Hey, i read all this an tried playing my kotor 2 on win 7.

i have the origininal international 4 CDs.

First i tried it with just installing the game. Then tried running it with and without XP - compatability. -then i made every step of the guide but my game wont work.

It starts. I can create a character, but when i click on play it plays the first film showing the text thats saying whats the story about. but then it just crashes... Can you help me?
Leo206 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #868
Q
The one who knocks

Try using the game's configuration utility to post your system specs:
Quote:
Post your system specs
  • Click on "Configure".
You can leave out the keymapping and everything after that.

-Toker
Old 12-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #869
nicki-just
Lurker

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/17/2012, 03:38:21
Machine name: NICKIS-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
Language: Danish (Regional Setting: Danish)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-7751
BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/09/12 15:25:42 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16332MB RAM
Page File: 3237MB used, 29423MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 670
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1189&SUBSYS_841A1043&REV_A1
Display Memory: 4042 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1994 MB
Shared Memory: 2047 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (120Hz)
Monitor Name: BenQ XL2420T (Digital)
Monitor Model: BenQ XL2420T
Monitor Id: BNQ7F04
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,n vwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.0697 (English)
Driver Version: 9.18.13.697
DDI Version: 11
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 1/1/2000 01:00:00, 18252136 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-52C9-11CF-4A71-17A41CC2C435}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x1189
SubSys ID: 0x841A1043
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Driver Strong Name: oem8.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section06 5:9.18.13.697ci\ven_10de&dev_1189
Rank Of Driver: 00E02001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C
Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
D3D9 Overlay: Supported
DXVA-HD: Supported
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled

Hope it helps
Old 12-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #870
scramjetbooster
Rookie

It IS a high-end machine...
I don't know what's causing the problem.

Oh yeah I forgot one other thing, maybe you can find 'swkotor.ini' in your installation folder, and post what's in there.. but leave the [Keymapping].

By default, it's located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\SWKotOR".

EDIT:
Oooh, found something here! [click meh]
and here: [click me too]

Hope that helps..

Last edited by scramjetbooster; 12-17-2012 at 04:07 PM.
scramjetbooster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #871
Leo206
Lurker

Hey Q

Hey Q, sorry i forgot about this. Here are the infos from the report:

[SWKotOR]
ReportDateTime=17.12.2012 13:27:24
SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60
GameExists=1
GameVersion=v2.00.420
GameInstallLocation=C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\

[OS]
Name=WinXP
Service Pack=None
Status=Pass

[SwapFiles]

[CPU]
CPUCount=4
CPUSpeed=2394
CPUFamily=6
CPUModel=10
CPUStepping=7
CPUVendor=Intel
CPUName= Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz
Status=Pass

[Memory]
RAM=4096
Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]
C: (NTFS), UNICODE=421.33GB
D: (NTFS), UNICODE=26.22GB
Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]
DriveLetters=E:\,F:\,G:\
Drives=Optiarc DVD RW AD-7710H,Optiarc DVD RW AD-7710H ATA Device

[Video]
Video Memory=1024
Desktop Resolution=1366x768x32 @ 60Hz
DirectX=DirectX (9.0+) (4.09.00.0904)
OpenGL Version=3.0.0 - Build 8.15.10.2342
OpenGL Vendor=Intel
OpenGL Renderer=Mobile Intel(R) HD Graphics
Vid Card Status=Warning
GL Status=Pass
DX Status=Pass

[Audio]
Sound Card Name=@wdma_usb.inf,%usb\class_01.devicedesc%;USB-Audiogerät
Status=Pass

;Game Options from swkotor2.ini

[Display Options]
FullScreen=1
Disable Movies=0
Disable Intro Movies=0
Sort Modules=1
Width=640
Height=480
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60

[Sound Options]
Music Volume=85
Voiceover Volume=85
Sound Effects Volume=85
Movie Volume=85
Number 3D Voices=32
Number 2D Voices=32
2D3D Bias=1.00
EAX=0
Sound Init=0
Disable Sound=1
Force Software=0

[Graphics Options]
Anisotropy=1
Frame Buffer=0
Grass=1
Soft Shadows=0
Shadows=1
Brightness=57
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=0
RefreshRate=60
Width=1024
Height=768
V-Sync=0
Texture Quality=2
Anti Aliasing=4

[Game Options]
UnlockedPlanetSongs=1
Enable Tooltips=1
TextureVariation=0
BodyVariation=0
AppearanceType=0
PCGender=0
GameCompleted=0
CurSithLord=0
Hide InGame GUI=0
Use Small Fonts=0
Hide Unequippable=0
Tutorial Popups=1
Subtitles=1
Mini Map=1
Floating Numbers=1
Status Summary=1
Mouse Sensitivity=44
Difficulty Level=1
Auto Level Up NPCs=0
Mouse Look=0
AutoSave=1
EnableScreenShot=0
Reverse Mouse Buttons=0
Reverse Ingame YAxis=0
Reverse Minigame YAxis=0
Combat Movement=1
TooltipDelay Sec=1
Disable Movies=1

[config]
firstrun=0

[Keymapping]
Action286B=8
Action286A=7
Action285B=10
Action285A=9
Action284B=54
Action284A=51
Action283B=54
Action283A=51
Action282B=69
Action282A=73
Action281B=53
Action281A=76
Action280B=69
Action280A=73
Action268=52
Action265=58
Action264=57
Action263=43
Action262=85
Action261=84
Action260=83
Action259=82
Action258=81
Action257=80
Action256=79
Action255=78
Action254=77
Action253=31
Action245=75
Action244=55
Action243=67
Action242=74
Action241=87
Action240=56
Action239=68
Action238=82
Action236=83
Action234=81
Action232=80
Action230=79
Action228=78
Action226=77
Action225=70
Action224=90
Action223=31
Action222=25
Action221=24
Action220=29
Action219=28
Action218=42
Action217=87
Action216=65
Action215=63
Action214=60
Action213=62
Action212=61
Action211=66
Action210=59
Action209=71
Action208=89
Action207=72
Action206=30
Action205=55
Action204=67

[Autopause Options]
End Of Combat Round=0
Mine Sighted=0
Enemy Sighted=1
Party Killed=1
Action Menu=0
New Target Selected=1

[Movies Shown]
Movie10=1
Movie 9=1
Movie 8=1
Movie 7=1
Movie 6=1
Movie 5=1
Movie 4=1
Movie 3=1
Movie 2=1
Movie 1=1
Movie 0=5

I did reinstall the game yesterday so everything is like it was just installed. Now the game wont even start without crashing down.

Thanks for your help!
Leo206 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #872
Q
The one who knocks

@nicki-just:
1) You weren't kidding. Your PC's pretty uber. Since you have an Nvidia video card, getting the game to run well shouldn't be too much of a problem. Nvidia has traditionally been the best choice for these games.

2) If you could post your .ini like scramjetbooster suggested that would be great.

@Leo206:
1) GameVersion=v2.00.420 - This tells me that your game isn't patched for whatever reason. It should be v2.10.427.

2) I see no Dantooine lag fix under [Graphics Options]. This may or may not be necessary, but it's definitely worthwhile to give it a try. If it turns out you don't need it, simply change the 1 to a 0.

3) You have Intel HD graphics, so the general rule of thumb is to turn off all of the eye candy like anisotropy, antialiasing, frame buffer effects, shadows, soft shadows and grass. You should also check to see whether or not the game runs better with v-sync on.

-Toker
Old 12-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #873
nicki-just
Lurker

Here it is

[Sound Options]
Sound Init=0
Music Volume=100
Voiceover Volume=100
Sound Effects Volume=100
Movie Volume=100
Force Software=0
EAX=0
Disable Sound=0
Number 3D Voices=16
Number 2D Voices=24
Environment Effects Level=0.60
2D3D Bias=1.50
Environment Effects=1
Environment Effects Nonstreaming=1
Environment Effects Streaming=1

[Game Options]
GUIsInScreenShot=1
EnableScreenShot=0
Reverse Mouse Buttons=0
Hide InGame GUI=0
Use Small Fonts=0
Hide Unequippable=0
Tutorial Popups=1
Subtitles=1
Mini Map=1
Floating Numbers=1
Status Summary=1
Mouse Sensitivity=33
Auto Level Up NPCs=0
Mouse Look=0
AutoSave=1
Reverse Minigame YAxis=0
Combat Movement=1
Enable Tooltips=1
Difficulty Level=1
TooltipDelay Sec=1.000000
Memory Access=1
Memory Level=1

[Movies Shown]
Movie 0=16
Movie 1=0
Movie 2=0
Movie 3=0
Movie 4=0
Movie 5=0
Movie 6=0
Movie 7=0
Movie 8=0
Movie 9=0
Movie10=0

[Alias]
HD0=.\
OVERRIDE=.\Override
TEMP=.\Temp
MODULES=.\Modules
LOGS=.\Logs
LOCALVAULT=.\LocalVault
DMVAULT=.\DMVault
SERVERVAULT=.\ServerVault
STREAMMUSIC=.\StreamMusic
TEMPCLIENT=.\Tempclient
SAVES=.\saves
CURRENTGAME=.\currentgame
TEXTUREPACKS=.\texturepacks
STREAMWAVES=.\StreamWaves

[Graphics Options]
RefreshRate=75
Height=1024
Width=1280
V-Sync=1
Anisotropy=16
Frame Buffer=1
Anti Aliasing=8
Texture Quality=2
Emitters=1
Grass=1
Soft Shadows=1
Shadows=1
Brightness=57
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=1
Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

[Autopause Options]
Mine Sighted=1
End Of Combat Round=0
Enemy Sighted=1
Party Killed=1
Action Menu=0
New Target Selected=1
[config]
firstrun=1

And I'm not done with the computer. I'm looking forward to another Asus GTX670, and 8 GB more of Corsair Dominator Platinum 1600 MHz CL8 Which will give me 16GB in total
Old 12-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #874
nicki-just
Lurker

Just tried setting the Nvidia-settings as suggested by scramjetbooster. It worked a bit longer than usual, but also here it freezed :/
Old 12-18-2012, 10:46 PM   #875
Q
The one who knocks

1) Check to see if the game is running on a single core by alt-tabbing out of it, opening Task Manager, selecting the Processes tab and right-clicking on swkotor.exe. Select "set affinity" and see if just one or all of your CPU cores are checked. If they are all checked, set the game to run on a single core according to step 8 in post #2.

2) Make sure that 640x480 is on the list of supported resolutions in your Nvidia control panel. If it isn't (it isn't by default), add it using the customize option.

-Toker

Last edited by Q; 12-19-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #876
nicki-just
Lurker

I'm not able to do as you said in step 1. It simply says, that the action is denied, whenever I press the "set affinity"-tab.

Furthermore, I have done as you said in step 2 - but should I set my screen, either ingame or on my desktop, as 640x480? Because that is a bit annoying to be honest...:/
Old 12-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #877
Q
The one who knocks

Are you using an administrator's account?

You just need the driver to support 640x480 so the movies will run. You don't have to set your desktop resolution to it.

-Toker
Old 12-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #878
nicki-just
Lurker

Yup, there is only this account on the computer

And the last sentence - what you're saying is, that if I have added 640x480 in Nvidia's controlprogram, that is enough? I don't need to actually use it, neither in the game or my desktop ?
Old 12-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #879
Q
The one who knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicki-just View Post
Yup, there is only this account on the computer
Is "Show processes from all users" checked?

Is Task Manager being run as an administrator (it should be in an administrator account)?

Is swkotor.exe set to run as an administrator (XP SP2 compatibility mode should not be required)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicki-just View Post
And the last sentence - what you're saying is, that if I have added 640x480 in Nvidia's controlprogram, that is enough? I don't need to actually use it, neither in the game or my desktop ?
That should be enough.

640x480 support is required for the Bink movies to play.

-Toker
Old 12-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #880
dortiz29
Lurker

Hello. I am trying to install Kotor on Windows 7. When I click to start the game the screen goes completely black and then I get an error message that the game has stopped working. I do not even make it to an intro screen. I am really bad with computers lol so please bear with me. My specs are:

[SWKotOR]
ReportDateTime=12/23/2012 5:00:23 PM
SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60
GameExists=1
GameVersion=v1.03.514077
GameInstallLocation=C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic\

[OS]
Name=WinXP
Service Pack=Service Pack 2
Status=Pass

[SwapFiles]

[CPU]
CPUCount=2
CPUSpeed=1607
CPUFamily=15
CPUModel=6
CPUStepping=2
CPUVendor=AMD
CPUName=AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250u Processor 1607MHz
Status=Pass

[Memory]
RAM=1024
Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]
C: (NTFS), UNICODE=482.93GB
Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]
DriveLetters=D:\
Drives=

[Video]
Video Memory=2048
Desktop Resolution=1024x768x32 @ 60Hz
DirectX=DirectX (9.0+) (4.09.00.0904)
OpenGL Version=1.1.0
OpenGL Vendor=Microsoft Corporation
OpenGL Renderer=GDI Generic
Vid Card Status=Warning
GL Status=Fail
DX Status=Pass

[Audio]
Sound Card Name=Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Status=Pass

;Game Options from swkotor.ini

[Sound Options]
Sound Init=0
Music Volume=85
Voiceover Volume=85
Sound Effects Volume=85
Movie Volume=100
Force Software=0
EAX=0
Disable Sound=0
Number 3D Voices=16
Number 2D Voices=24
Environment Effects Level=0.60
2D3D Bias=1.50
Environment Effects=1
Environment Effects Nonstreaming=1
Environment Effects Streaming=1

[Game Options]
Hide InGame GUI=0
Use Small Fonts=0
Hide Unequippable=0
Tutorial Popups=1
Subtitles=1
Mini Map=1
Floating Numbers=1
Status Summary=1
Mouse Sensitivity=33
Auto Level Up NPCs=0
Mouse Look=0
AutoSave=1
Reverse Minigame YAxis=0
Combat Movement=1
Enable Tooltips=1
Difficulty Level=1
TooltipDelay Sec=1.000000
Memory Access=1
Memory Level=1

[Movies Shown]
Movie 0=0
Movie 1=0
Movie 2=0
Movie 3=0
Movie 4=0
Movie 5=0
Movie 6=0
Movie 7=0
Movie 8=0
Movie 9=0
Movie10=0

[Alias]
HD0=.\
OVERRIDE=.\Override
TEMP=.\Temp
MODULES=.\Modules
LOGS=.\Logs
LOCALVAULT=.\LocalVault
DMVAULT=.\DMVault
SERVERVAULT=.\ServerVault
STREAMMUSIC=.\StreamMusic
TEMPCLIENT=.\Tempclient
SAVES=.\saves
CURRENTGAME=.\currentgame
TEXTUREPACKS=.\texturepacks
STREAMWAVES=.\StreamWaves

[Graphics Options]
V-Sync=0
Anisotropy=1
Frame Buffer=1
Anti Aliasing=0
Texture Quality=2
Emitters=1
Grass=1
Soft Shadows=0
Shadows=1
Brightness=57
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=1

[Autopause Options]
Mine Sighted=1
End Of Combat Round=0
Enemy Sighted=1
Party Killed=1
Action Menu=0
New Target Selected=1

[config]
firstrun=0

And I followed the steps on post one and post two. Any help would be appreciated!
dortiz29 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > General Tech Discussion > KOTOR 1+2: Vista Fix & Windows 7 Report