lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KotOR: Echo of the Force
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-12-2012, 02:27 AM   #41
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
Kira Sadow is a genius name.

Thank you Gorgod.
Zhaboka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #42
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
Hey, all. As a special treat (and to assure you that this mod is still alive), I decided to post the (tentative) title scroll for Echo of the Force.

A long time ago in a galaxy far,
far away...

Star
Wars

ECHO OF THE FORCE

The Galactic Republic is
slowly recovering from
the Battle of Telos IV.
Peace can be found once
more with the restoration
of the Jedi Order.

Striking from an unknown
location, a force has openly
attacked the planet Darrax.
If unresolved, it could spell
doom for the fragile Republic.

Hoping to resolve the matter,
the Jedi Council has secretly
sent a lone Jedi Knight to
investigate and retain the
peace and order in the galaxy....

As before, I am still looking for people who are willing and able to assist in creating this mod. For further details, see my previous post in this thread.

Well, that's all I have to report for now.

More coming soon... (Hopefully)

Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #43
Scorge
Jedi Protector

Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Very Interesting, I want to see what Darrax looks like

Formally MrObiWan

If you need help with textures on any KotOR/TSL mod, feel free to contact me.

Scorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2012, 11:58 PM   #44
battle111
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR and LOTRO
Look's real amazing!!!!
battle111 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #45
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
I like the lone-Jedi-who-doesn't-know-what-he's-getting-into vibe.

Thank you Gorgod.
Zhaboka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #46
Ferc Kast
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaboka View Post
I like the lone-Jedi-who-doesn't-know-what-he's-getting-into vibe.
As do I.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, perhaps you would do well to prepare...

Show spoiler

Thanks are deserved to Scourge for his green reskins, which downsized 300+ files in a particular module to only 50 files. Also, the second picture has characters there only for placement while the real utcs are being developed.

As always, if you too are interested in aiding the development of Echo of the Force in any shape or form, please see above the top post of this page for more details.

More Coming Soon...

Last edited by Ferc Kast; 10-21-2012 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Reposted images...
Old 10-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #47
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
I don't see anything? =(

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #48
Ferc Kast
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23 View Post
I don't see anything? =(
It's a conspiracy to hide the pictures; apparently, my site's host nor LF wants me to show these pictures to anyone. In all seriousness, it should be working this time...I hope. No clue why it didn't work when I uploaded them to my LF photo album.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:49 PM   #49
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
It worked =)

Cool pics!

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #50
Ferc Kast
Modder

Well, I reckon it's time again for an update. Once more, thanks are deserved to Scorge who helped in making...well, let me show you...

Show spoiler

Progress is starting to move along still; but, as before, it could prove to be faster were there more people involved in the project. (See the top post of this page for details.)

Contest Time
I thought to myself the other day, why shouldn't I get some ideas from the community again? So, an opportunity has presented itself and well be reflected in the next video update that I plan to make in the near future. So, the details are as follows
  • Who - Anyone who wants to participate
  • What - Make a unique Jedi, including their name and appearance
  • When - From Oct. 30 to Thanksgiving 2012 (Appropriate, no? )
  • Constraints - You must make either the head skin or full-body model yourself. The only limit is that the Jedi must be able to equip the Jedi Master Robes. (Whether by skinning the Jedi Robes on the full-body model, or simply by making a new head.)

You may contact me either via e-mail (see any of my recent readme files from any mod), Skype (see my profile for the username), or private message either here or the forum on Kast's Echo by the appointed deadline.

Announcement Time

Yes, you read correctly just now: Kast's Echo is finally up and running again. (Some minor details are not done yet, but I will fix them soon.) Included on the site's revision is a forum where you can get direct support for my mods and discuss Echo of the Force. In the near future, I will make a subsection on my site for Echo of the Force constructed; until such a time, feel free to go to the appropriate section on my forum.

Last edited by Ferc Kast; 10-30-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #51
Ferc Kast
Modder

Well, this is a fun little update...

Jedi Council Contest
Since I've only received 2 entries, I will extend the deadline for the Jedi Council member contest to December 15th. The main reason behind this is because I was planning on multiple winners; this way, you still have a chance to get your entries in. See the above post if you've forgotten the details of the contest.

Announcement Time
Toward the start of this thread, I had said that I was going to do an official website for Echo of the Force. Recently, an opportunity presented itself in the form of a HTML class. As part of my class, we were told to make a website that we would develop through the course of the semester. Since we were given no limits on content, I decided to do EotF's site. Today, I'm showing off pictures from the mobile-friendly version.

Show spoiler

Once some further tweaking is done, I will open it to the public and announce the final URL. And before the question is asked, I will confirm that the desktop/tablet version looks similar to the above mobile layout; and, that is the only reason that I didn't show both versions. So, that's my fun little announcement for today.

More Coming Soon...

Old 12-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #52
Ferc Kast
Modder

Greetings, all! I have a special treat for you today.

Jedi Council Contest
There are only ten days left before the contest deadline is here. For those who have forgotten the details of the contest, see my post from October 30th. I intend to have multiple winners in this contest, but thus far only two entries have been submitted.

The reason for these contests is so that you, the audience, feel like you contributed in one way or another to this mod project. With that in mind, hopefully more of you will feel motivated to submit an entry.

Announcement
Along with my new Fan Fiction Knights of the Old Republic: Rising Destiny, I finally have made the official canon head texture for Aydrea Kast (the player's official canon name). For those who haven't read it yet, Rising Destiny will explore the mission that the player was on immediately prior to Echo of the Force. Anyways, you will see this head in future pictures, videos, etc. when I post new media in this thread or my other threads at Kast's Echo and Deadly Stream.

Without further ado, I present Aydrea Kast:
Show spoiler

More Coming Soon...

Old 12-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #53
Scorge
Jedi Protector

Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Yay, new update, I really like the skin. Cannot wait for more updates

Formally MrObiWan

If you need help with textures on any KotOR/TSL mod, feel free to contact me.

Scorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #54
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
A human Luxa. Nice.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #55
Warlord664

Current Game: swtor
Contest winner - Modding 
Thats a nice reskin, Looking forward to some more story updates though.

Lets rock and role play!

http://xat.com/TSLModding
Warlord664 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #56
Ferc Kast
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord664 View Post
Thats a nice reskin, Looking forward to some more story updates though.
The next story update (which will be in video form) hinges on the contest's completion. I already have the dialog done for the sut scene, and I have the coordinates already in the git file. Currently, I have 2/3 of the Masters done. I only need to make a few scripts to make sure certain parts of the dialog will run, as well as make and/or choose the remaining Masters.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #57
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Not picking holes or anything, but I've seen a few posts in the thread about not having finalised party members, contests for designing characters etc, but shouldn't that have all been done before production started?

I'd have thought the best way to approach this would have been to write and finalise the storyline and all the characters and whatnot before even thinking about starting work on the content?

It's sort of led me to feel like the whole thing may be slightly disorganised and disjointed...

Again, not picking holes or anything, obviously it's your mod and you're free to work in the way you find most comfortable, but I just thought I'd throw my two pence worth in!

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #58
Ferc Kast
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Fett View Post
Not picking holes or anything, but I've seen a few posts in the thread about not having finalised party members, contests for designing characters etc, but shouldn't that have all been done before production started?

I'd have thought the best way to approach this would have been to write and finalise the storyline and all the characters and whatnot before even thinking about starting work on the content?

It's sort of led me to feel like the whole thing may be slightly disorganised and disjointed...

Again, not picking holes or anything, obviously it's your mod and you're free to work in the way you find most comfortable, but I just thought I'd throw my two pence worth in!
No holes picked, Marius. It's not that I don't have ideas for the final plot, characters, et al; instead, I simply want to make the community feel involved in the development of the mod.

Jedi Council Contest
On that lovely note, there is still one day left for your entries on this contest. (And, the video update showing off the scene should follow early next week.) The winner's character will give a sidequest to the player while after the Council meeting on Danjir IV. The top couple or so entries, though, will be each a line of dialog in scene.

Website Anouncement
I hope to have the website for Echo of the Force completed early next week, if not by the end of this weekend. At that time, it will be announced here and the other EotF threads. Since this mod is still in development, new pages ( will be added to the site occasionally (such as new character pages) before the mod's release. Also, media will be kept up-to-date on the website. And, there is a mobile-friendly version too for those wanting view the site on the go.

More Coming Soon...

Old 12-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #59
Ferc Kast
Modder

Well, today is a fun-filled day for Echo of the Force. Get ready for that which is to come...

Jedi Master Contest
This time, the contest is truly over. The results? Here we go:
  • First Place: Scourge's Miralian, Jedi Master Zeltaro
  • Second Place: Rtas Vadum's Nagai, Jedi Master Aurellia
  • Third Place: Sith Holocron's Echani, Jedi Master Pellu Ceed

These top three entries will each feature a line of dialog in the upcoming video update which ought to be up sometime next week. The winning character, Zeltaro, will additionally have a sidequest for the player after the Council meeting on Danjir IV.

Facebook Announcement
Next announcement... A few weeks ago, I decided to delete the old Facebook page for Echo of the Force since I hardly touched it. In coordination with the announcement following, I have instead made a new group for Echo of the Force on Facebook. It will have more frequent updates, as things are announced in the future.

[KotOR: Echo of the Force Group]

Echo of the Force Website Announcement
What better way to kick off the new Facebook group than by announcing the brand Echo of the Force website? Content is subject to changing or being added until such a time when Echo of the Force is ready for release. The link is now active on the home page of Echo of the Force, as well as the WIP Mods page on Kast's Echo.

The site features:
  • Plot
  • Planets
  • Character Information
  • Media
  • And more...
  • Further pages will be added in the future, from time to time.

[Knights of the Old Republic: Echo of the Force Official Website]

More Coming Soon...

Old 12-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #60
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Current Game: Kotor 1
Great update. Looking forward to seeing this progress more. Have fun in production! I like the sound of the communitys input into the makeing of this.

Edit:
How did you do the layout for you site? (links at top right hand corner, the squares around the text, ect)
If you have the time, can you PM me the source code of your site lol. I wont copy it, just want to have a look, html newbs like me need to have some guidence :P

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...12#post2807812
The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

USED TO BE KNOWN AS DARTH JANGO/WEASLEY

Last edited by UltimateHK47; 12-16-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Newb Question
UltimateHK47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2013, 11:38 PM   #61
Ferc Kast
Modder

Sorry for the lack of updates recently. Hopefully, I should have the video done soon. Instead, I wanted to explain a couple of previously unmentioned new features that will be featured in Echo of the Force.

Droid Armor
In KotOR I and II, we saw droids that were unable to equip armor. Their appearance, therefore, was static. However, you could get armor for them; but the armor never changed their appearance. In Echo of the Force, that will change. You will still get the armor, but unlike the vanilla game it will change their appearance. I probably will limit the number of variations to maybe 3-5 per armor type. (I think there were three levels of droid armor in the vanilla game; I could be wrong.)

Party Member Customization
Why should the droids get all the fun?, you may wonder. But, I could customization my party member's head/appearance in TOR, some may complain. Well, the droid party members won't be the solo recipient of customization. For each non-droid party member, I plan to have 2 or 3 variations for their head. Obviously, the heads shown off thus far (and shown in the portraits on the website) are going to be the canon heads for them.

Website
I am considering to possibly tweak the site's layout, and fix a couple CSS problems in the process. As always, the Kast's Echo website is the official source to find out the latest updates for this mod.

Anyways, I hope to get the video update up very soon. So, stay tuned for that in the near future.

More Coming Soon...

Old 01-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #62
MrBluevelt
Rookie

Have you started any of the actual writing of the story and dialogue?
MrBluevelt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #63
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferc Kast View Post
Sorry for the lack of updates recently. Hopefully, I should have the video done soon. Instead, I wanted to explain a couple of previously unmentioned new features that will be featured in Echo of the Force.

Droid Armor
In KotOR I and II, we saw droids that were unable to equip armor. Their appearance, therefore, was static. However, you could get armor for them; but the armor never changed their appearance. In Echo of the Force, that will change. You will still get the armor, but unlike the vanilla game it will change their appearance. I probably will limit the number of variations to maybe 3-5 per armor type. (I think there were three levels of droid armor in the vanilla game; I could be wrong.)

Party Member Customization
Why should the droids get all the fun?, you may wonder. But, I could customization my party member's head/appearance in TOR, some may complain. Well, the droid party members won't be the solo recipient of customization. For each non-droid party member, I plan to have 2 or 3 variations for their head. Obviously, the heads shown off thus far (and shown in the portraits on the website) are going to be the canon heads for them.

Website
I am considering to possibly tweak the site's layout, and fix a couple CSS problems in the process. As always, the Kast's Echo website is the official source to find out the latest updates for this mod.

Anyways, I hope to get the video update up very soon. So, stay tuned for that in the near future.

More Coming Soon...
Those sound freaking amazing! By the way, need any help on it? I can script, write dialog, and help out with templates and .2das if you want.

All of my mods are available on Deadlystream.

Always remember modders: "Quality= Effort*Time"

KSE 3.3.4 is LIVE!!! Check it out here.

Check out WalkSwitch, the Walkmesh-changing tool!
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #64
Codeluke
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR
Looks like a great idea!
Codeluke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > KotOR: Echo of the Force