lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How to install mods?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-15-2010, 07:08 AM   #121
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runarsg View Post
What do you mean by merging?
Would it work copy pasting from one to the other using a text editor?
You would need to download KotOR Tool... Click Me! and then open up the file with that, it's a rather laborious process depending on how much you need to edit. You could use TSL patcher to merge the two files if you set that up, which would perhaps be the easiest method, Stoffe's guide to TSLpatcher is definitive. What mods is it that your wanting to merge?

You may also find this thread helpful in performing the task Click Me

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2011, 03:53 AM   #122
vejn
Lurker

My question is related to in which order to install these mods:
K1 Force Pack
All In One Force Power Mod
ORD Mandell
Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge
Animated Launcher for KotOR I
Weapons of the Old Republic
Force rage and destruction
Problem is:
All In One Force Power Mod has only copy installer (it is copied in override) and when I install AIO pack and WOTOR I get ingame problems with powers.
Help
vejn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2011, 04:12 AM   #123
Barnzi88
Lurker

HELP PLEASE.

I recently bought SW: Kotor (first one) for my HP Pavilion (I use Windows 7) and tried to install mods by placing them in the override folder. But every time I open the game to play, the mods do not work.

My KOTOR II game works fine with mods, but the first game will not run any mod whatsoever.
Barnzi88 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #124
Asher
Lurker

Current Game: Kotor
For Mac?

Hey, I just bought Kotor for my mac off steam. I'm wanting to try out some mods but I'm not sure if I have the folders I need to do so.. since the game runs through steam is it even possible to install mods? In Library>Application Support>Knights of the old republic> there is only as 'saves' folder and a swkotor.ini file. I tried just making an override folder there but it doesn't seem to be having an effect on the game. Cheats work however.
Asher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #125
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

I don't think KOTOR supports Macs, even on Steam...
Hassat Hunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #126
Archonis
Lurker

I'm a Noob. Seriously.

Alright so I just bought this game for PC (I'm a console gamer mostly) and I found all of these beautiful mods that I'd absolutely love to include in both my KoTOR and TSL games. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about modding and despite following the instructions (I think) in the TSL Patcher Readme I'm apparently failing at life. Can anyone give me a "put file A here, then type text B here and save it as X file here" kind of instructions? I'm shooting for the kind of instructions that you could give to a trained monkey. Pretty please?
Archonis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #127
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

If a mod uses the TSL patcher, it's just a case of running the .exe that's included in the mod download. You don't need at to actually download the TSL patcher separately unless you're a modded MAKING an installer for a mod.

With the drag and drop style of mod install, the mods readme should tell you what goes where.

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #128
Archonis
Lurker

Right. Well I'm trying to download the Brotherhood of Shadow expansion for the original KoTOR and it has an .exe installer but when I run the .exe it says I'm missing a changes.ini file and a tslpatchdata folder. What are these things and how do I find/create/acquire them?
Old 10-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #129
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

The changes.ini file is inside the tslpatchdata folder which was included in the Brotherhood of Shadow download.

Just extract the contents of the zipped file you downloaded to your desktop or something and then then run the installer. Don't move the .exe and the tslpatchdata folder to seperate locations, always keep them together.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #130
Archonis
Lurker

Thanks! I think I was making what I would assume to be a really noob mistake and trying to run the installer while still in WinZip with the separated individual files. I feel about as intelligent as a spicer hyped up on adrenal stims and a gallon of Juma juice... ~_~
Old 10-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #131
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Haha, no worries, everyone makes mistakes sometimes. ^_^

Glad you got everything worked out in the end. Enjoy the mod!

Who knows, maybe it'll inspire you to make mods yourself!

Old 12-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #132
Sir Evil
Lurker

So I've looked all over my computer and can't the Kotor2 directory. What's the deal?
Sir Evil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #133
NightStalker786
Lurker

Trying to install "Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge" for KOTOR 1. It keeps saying
"WARNING! Cannot locate the INI file "Changes.ini" with work instructions!" even though the file is there in the patch data.
Then directly after that, it says "Unable to load the instructions text! Make sure the "tslpatchdata" folder containing the "info.rtf" file is located in the same folder as this application" even though it already is.
What the hell is going on? How do I extract this stuff??
NightStalker786 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #134
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalker786 View Post
Trying to install "Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge" for KOTOR 1. It keeps saying
"WARNING! Cannot locate the INI file "Changes.ini" with work instructions!" even though the file is there in the patch data.
Then directly after that, it says "Unable to load the instructions text! Make sure the "tslpatchdata" folder containing the "info.rtf" file is located in the same folder as this application" even though it already is.
What the hell is going on? How do I extract this stuff??
Okay. Make sure the file is in the tslpatchdata folder, and named exactly changes.ini, assuming you have the extensions visible.

Didn't work? Then read on.

How about you try this.

I'm writing the help this way, because the message you are experiencing only happens if the file isn't there.

All of my mods are available on Deadlystream.

Always remember modders: "Quality= Effort*Time"

KSE 3.3.4 is LIVE!!! Check it out here.

Check out WalkSwitch, the Walkmesh-changing tool!
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > How to install mods?