lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #1681
MrBluevelt
Rookie

This mod looks terrific. I'm definitely looking forward to it. The only criticism I'd make is that, while the voice-acting seems solid, the actual audio quality seems quite low... almost like the lines were recorded in a bathroom.

Just something I noticed. Mod still looks great, and I'm impressed by how much work has gone into it.
MrBluevelt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #1682
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Site Is back up

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2012, 12:58 AM   #1683
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
All but one of the SoundCloud tracks aren't showing up on the soundtrack page.

Thank you Gorgod.
Zhaboka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #1684
logan23
Veteran

Thanks, will check if it's a matter of the sound file is now moved to a different webpage- source website.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #1685
Darth_Delator
Rookie

Greetings, Logan!:-)
One day i offered my help with writing of some music. If you need a second composer in project, i'm still happy to help ;-)
Darth_Delator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #1686
The Lord of Chaos
Rookie

Huge respect to all of you involved on the working of this mod. Also, huge respect for not forcing that canon **** down the players throats. I think that 7-10 years after Knights II is too long.

I mean, if Revan and the Exile have been alive all that time, then what the hell have they been doing? Surely a Sith civil war wouldn't last that long and surely they wouldn't be prisoners for that long. Other than that, great job.
The Lord of Chaos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #1687
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lord of Chaos View Post
Huge respect to all of you involved on the working of this mod. Also, huge respect for not forcing that canon **** down the players throats. I think that 7-10 years after Knights II is too long.

I mean, if Revan and the Exile have been alive all that time, then what the hell have they been doing? Surely a Sith civil war wouldn't last that long and surely they wouldn't be prisoners for that long. Other than that, great job.
Read the Revan novel if you really want to know what Revan and Meetra Surik (aka the Jedi Exile) have been doing since the events of K1 & TSL.

Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #1688
The Lord of Chaos
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferc Kast View Post
Read the Revan novel if you really want to know what Revan and Meetra Surik (aka the Jedi Exile) have been doing since the events of K1 & TSL.
I know about that. I'm hoping that any fan made mod ignores that crap. Revan, alive for three hundred years? The Exile, stabbed in the back, killed so easy?

Then BioWare decides to use a canon Revan and canon Exile ghost in their game. Leave canon out of the games, that should be a mandatory rule.

BioWare set the MMO 300 years after Knights II - they should've just made an entirely new story and the Revan novel should never have been made.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:14 AM   #1689
ShinDangaioh
Rookie

True. The Old Republic MMO did ignore previous canon. HK-47 was supposed to be on Mustafar until the time of Luke Skywalker, not killed off so quickly.<---Star Wars: Galaxy MMO.

Just ignore the MMO and all that is tied to it and go off into an alternate universe, like the white cloaked Vader.
ShinDangaioh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2012, 01:38 AM   #1690
The Lord of Chaos
Rookie

Good point. This should be jammed into LucasArts heads. Let Obsidian do what they like if they get to make a Knights III. I mean, wasn't there a game where Vader gets killed? Or not killed, but defeated in battle? One of the Force Unleashed games, I think.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:31 AM   #1691
Darth_Delator
Rookie

The worst thing, that official version we don't realy like is permament part of the Star Wars history. Every game, every book never crossed with each other - there're always was a perfect stright line. Until this moment. Unfortunately. Money decide everything.
But, to be honest, the story isn't so bad itself as performance if it. MMO will never tell the story in such way as single player RPG. So on my opinion there should been 3 parts of KotOR, and only then MMO...

Last edited by Darth_Delator; 12-22-2012 at 03:38 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #1692
Jaymen
Rookie

The Revan book and the mmo are a horrendous disgrace to the characters we know from the KOTOR games. Revan, one of the greatest military minds, described as "looking at him was like looking into the heart of the force". But in five years he is unable to escape from a cell, then spends another 3 hundred as a prisoner again. I'd be very happy if that book and mmo canon was completely ignored in revenge of Revan. Those characters deserve better!
Jaymen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #1693
The Lord of Chaos
Rookie

Horrendous disgrace indeed, Jaymen. Not just the whole canon thing, but they turned Revan and the Exile into complete pussies.

I like the idea of a story taking place a couple years after Knights II. Run with the whole Sith fighting against each other idea, but instead of killing off the Exile cheaply and having Revan being stuck as a prisoner for 300 years, make the new PC someone who goes to the unknown regions and helps Revan and the Exile defeat the emperors forces. Allow the player to customise the gender, alignment and appearance of Revan and the Exile and it'd be sweet.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #1694
Darth_Delator
Rookie

Horrendous disgrace about Exile - for sure! No doubt.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #1695
ShinDangaioh
Rookie

Since Taris is one of the worlds in the MMO, that could run afoul of Dark Horse Comics' major storyline of the Muur Talisman. IIRC the various MMO's are lower rank for canon than other sources.

Isn't Revenge of Revan supposed to have Zayne Carrick and Jael in it?
ShinDangaioh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #1696
Darth Hayze
Rookie

Quote:
I know about that. I'm hoping that any fan made mod ignores that crap. Revan, alive for three hundred years? The Exile, stabbed in the back, killed so easy?

Then BioWare decides to use a canon Revan and canon Exile ghost in their game. Leave canon out of the games, that should be a mandatory rule.

BioWare set the MMO 300 years after Knights II - they should've just made an entirely new story and the Revan novel should never have been made.

As a member of the RoR team, I can tell you that K3 crafts a satisfying conclusion to K2's story and that of Revan and Meetra, while utilizing the Revan novel AND bridging the "Knights" games to "TOR"

I don't want to give anything away, but there will be options to customize the story to your liking, and make those people happy who want to ignore Revan.
Darth Hayze is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2012, 01:34 AM   #1697
logan23
Veteran

Quote:

One of the reasons for the 7-10 years is that RoR is telling how did the Jedi Order rebuild. What were the issues during this reconstruction. Was there conflict between the Exile's pupils and the old traditionalist - who are the surviving Jedi from the Purge.

Quote:

There is an option to have strict canon or to not use it.
Player gets to clearly choose this during the talk with Drayen in the opening scene. (was not in the Beta Demo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinDangaioh View Post
True. The Old Republic MMO did ignore previous canon. HK-47 was supposed to be on Mustafar until the time of Luke Skywalker, not killed off so quickly.<---Star Wars: Galaxy MMO.

Just ignore the MMO and all that is tied to it and go off into an alternate universe, like the white cloaked Vader.
We don't know what happen between the events in the MMO with Hk-47 and his arrival on Mustafar.
I'm sure there is a story or two there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymen View Post
The Revan book and the mmo are a horrendous disgrace to the characters we know from the KOTOR games. Revan, one of the greatest military minds, described as "looking at him was like looking into the heart of the force". But in five years he is unable to escape from a cell, then spends another 3 hundred as a prisoner again. I'd be very happy if that book and mmo canon was completely ignored in revenge of Revan. Those characters deserve better!
I understand your frustration with the ending arc for these two characters in the MMO/ Revan Book.
RoR hopes to give you that closure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinDangaioh View Post
Since Taris is one of the worlds in the MMO, that could run afoul of Dark Horse Comics' major storyline of the Muur Talisman. IIRC the various MMO's are lower rank for canon than other sources.

Isn't Revenge of Revan supposed to have Zayne Carrick and Jael in it?
No, Zayne Carrick and Jael are not in RoR because I don't want to bring in these characters and have something contradict any future comics.

Actually I based the Player's freedom with LS/DS using Zayne Carrick (LS) and Cade Skywalker (DS).
So you can be that dark side Jedi/Force User or the very helpful Zayne. Cade is great with the idea of a character who is a force user and conflicted in what kind of person he wants to be; do you justify the use of the dark side force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hayze View Post
As a member of the RoR team, I can tell you that K3 crafts a satisfying conclusion to K2's story and that of Revan and Meetra, while utilizing the Revan novel AND bridging the "Knights" games to "TOR"

I don't want to give anything away, but there will be options to customize the story to your liking, and make those people happy who want to ignore Revan.
Thanks Darth Hayze

I have to get some more modules to you hopefully before new years or shortly after, for you to test/review.

Darth Hayze is one of the writers on the RoR project.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

Logan23

Old 01-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #1698
Darth Nontrouse
Lurker

Current Game: None at the moment.
Hey Logan can you give us a percentage on how far everything is down? Thanks

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.
Siri's Answer: Is it Asian, American, or Mexican wood? That was the anwser we got when my friend asked Siri that.
Darth Nontrouse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2013, 03:25 AM   #1699
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I'm back, at least part time.

Well, it's been a long time since I've been here to post anything. Over the past year, my wife and I looked long for a new house, and finally found a great one. Unfortunately, we got a bad storm here a month after moving in, and got some water in the basement. Not enough to ruin anything, but we had to do some construction to make sure it doesnt' ever happen again (mostly outdoor grading, re-doing sidewalks and finding back flow prevention valves). Anyway, there's still some to work on, but I've at least had time to also work on some modding lately.

Unfortunately, the only things I've managed to work on, would be way too spoilery to show any screenies. I've posted a pic in the RoR Team Members social group. Hopefully, some of the team could check it out, and let everyone else know just how awesome it looks **maniacal laugh**

Now, do I have the time to look through all the new pages that the great fans of RoR have posted since I've been gone? Hmm, maybe I should sleep instead.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #1700
logan23
Veteran

Hey Everyone!

A quick Update:

I have added 3 more Profiles to the Revenge of Revan Website

revengeofrevan.com

We have started to test a few more modules and writing more scenes for the game.

I hope to increase the updates as we move toward spring.

@ Redrob41, WoW!! Those images are amazing!

On a side note- I was involve in the Global Game Jam this past weekend.
48hrs to build a game.
Our team of 6 built a game called ""Panic Cycle"
Link:
http://globalgamejam.org/2013/panic-cycle

Its free to download - plus there are about 35,000 other free games that were created during the weekend- globally

Check it out- oh hit F4 to expand the game screen to full screen.

MORE TO COME,

Logan

Old 01-30-2013, 02:55 AM   #1701
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
Unfortunately, the only things I've managed to work on, would be way too spoilery to show any screenies. I've posted a pic in the RoR Team Members social group. Hopefully, some of the team could check it out, and let everyone else know just how awesome it looks **maniacal laugh**
It is indeed awesome! (You'll have to ask Varsity Puppet about my maniacal laughter but that's off-topic.)

Best of luck with your home repair . . . that will not be fun.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #1702
Darknoon5
Lurker

Hey, this mod looks really cool. I would try it out, but I'm currently playing through the Jedi Masters mod. One of the things I really like about it is the original modules-will this mod also feature original modules, or will it rely on retextures and reused modules?

Also, I think using Kelborn as a party member is pretty cool, I always liked him in TSL. Along with Bralor, he was very reasonable, at least for a mandalorian.
Darknoon5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #1703
Col_Zechs
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars the Old Republic
When is the updated version going to be released?

Col_Zechs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #1704
Lightfollower
Lurker

I must say this does look interesting. I only reciently got back on KOTOR (since that mmo was a let down concerning Revan and the Exile). So I wanted to replay and see how great they were I guess. Keep up the good work I jolly well say! Also thanks for making something like this.
Lightfollower is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #1705
Lightfollower
Lurker

I have just done the demo and I see much potential in this. Now then I will point out any errors I have encountered. Errors being none at all. (Well besides this small error where if you choose the maskai lightsaber crystal the description for the saber says that your lightsaber is Kyle Katarn's lightsaber). (Pardon any spelling errors I may or may not make). But that is a very minor thing in my eyes and could easily be corrected. I do have a suggestion though. When you first go over your lightsaber I suggest that you say on if it is a single or a double blade. Just a suggestion. But I'd like to say good job by far. Good luck making this mod.
Lightfollower is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #1706
logan23
Veteran

Hey,

Just wanted to say Hi and that the project is still active. =)

I'm looking for a job which is why I haven't been around much.

Logan23

Old 03-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #1707
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
^Good luck!!
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #1708
Viralfelon
Lurker

Hello! Im a new member of the forums and I have been watching the project since its conception and after repeatedly playing the demo and reading the forum I have noticed that there is a slight break in the canon.
Corellia wss never ruled by a king but by a council (SWTOR).
I greatly admire your work and I know, to hell with canon.
Viralfelon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #1709
Darth_Zongo
Lurker

Logan23. Im curious would you want this advertised and on youtube. To get the popularity up and maybe get some donations to help move this along?
Darth_Zongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #1710
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Zongo View Post
maybe get some donations to help move this along?
Taking donations for a mod would violate LA's EULA, wouldn't it? He's never asked for money for ROR and I would be highly surprised if he ever would.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #1711
Darth_Zongo
Lurker

Okay sorry I was just suggesting it. I didnt know it was against the rules. Ughh cannot wait for this.
Darth_Zongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #1712
logan23
Veteran

Hey everyone!

I wanted to inform you guys on what has been going on with RoR, lately.

About a week ago, I came across two programs which I believe will change RoR for the better. I will be discussing one of the two programs since the second is still being tested for its benefits.

Articy : Draft (made by Nevigo )
This program is a professional tool for story and game design, aimed towards non-linear storytelling.

For the past week and for the rest of April, I will be placing all the documents and assets and more into this program. I have already developed a system for Quest Building /Dlg which will work perfect with RoR.

In the past, the number-one issue has been pipeline issues. Others like Trex, Doc, and others who have built large story mods can tell you there is a lot of keeping tabs on everything, which can be overwhelming lol but you make due

I demo the new design/layout to JediExile last night ,thanks google+ for screen share =).

I wanted to share some images of the development phase (the non glamorous part).
Here are a few images to help give you guys some idea of what I'm talking about..

Show spoiler

You see all the Exile Heads...yup...I still plan to allow you to choose your Exile's appearance..

Show spoiler

Some of the Major NPCs.....

Show spoiler

The program has the ability to write in script format and I can also import these type of files which will mean an easier and quicker to getting writers content in.

Show spoiler

I can build layouts for locations and design them before I even put a NPC in the actual module, plus I can share the computer screen or print these out for team members.

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Character Templates to help to allow all team members to have the same reference when writing a scene. You can also create your own templates as well.

I know you guys haven't seen any huge updates, but I wanted to show that the Mod is going well and will become easier to manage and easier for fellow members to have the access to what they need for building content.

This is a great program (you can find it on Steam), but it isn't free, so I would say if your interested in getting into large mod/game projects, and indie games, you might want to take a look at it since it is a very powerful tool once you learn to use it.

That is all for now but, I hope to have another update by the end of the April with something more pleasing to see then Flow charts =)

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

PS. If anyone has any questions about this program, feel free to send me a visitor message, not a private one since my mail box is kind of full.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #1713
Scorge
Jedi Protector

Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Very interesting, I'll try to get my hands on this program, how much did you get it for?

Formally MrObiWan

If you need help with textures on any KotOR/TSL mod, feel free to contact me.

Scorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2013, 11:35 PM   #1714
JediExile
Rookie

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Just wanted to say, the RoR project inside of articy is amazing. It is literally stories in stories inside of stories. Logan23 has done a fantastic job of getting all of the details down. And when I say details, I mean down to the smallest things that you probably wouldn't think of.

The program is amazing, too. It definitely keeps things organized. I am not sure how we'd work without this now.

Revenge of Revan || Deadly Streams || Follow me on Twitter!

"Hey! You talk to her with a bit of respect in your voice or you'll end this conversation minus a few teeth! Got it?" -Carth Onasi
"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it." -Atton Rand

JediExile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #1715
Warlord664

Current Game: swtor
Contest winner - Modding 
Wow, the program certainly looks impressive. Hope it makes things easier for you guys, you've been hard at work for a long time.

Lets rock and role play!

http://xat.com/TSLModding

Last edited by Warlord664; 04-15-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Warlord664 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2013, 06:50 AM   #1716
RPK
Banned

You are last hope of KotoR Modding.
RPK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #1717
Scorge
Jedi Protector

Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPK View Post
You are last hope of KotoR Modding.
What are you talking about? KotOR Modding will be here for a long time.

Formally MrObiWan

If you need help with textures on any KotOR/TSL mod, feel free to contact me.

Scorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #1718
Vindikorr
Rookie

Current Game: TOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorge View Post
I sincerely hope so. I'm just starting here at holowan and I don't want to see it die anytime soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23 View Post
Articy : Draft (made by Nevigo )
This program is a professional tool for story and game design, aimed towards non-linear storytelling.
Nice find Logan, I'm currently in the planning phase of my own RPG game, I'll definitely be trying this

My WIP: The Liberation of Manaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalbiscuit
Can tell it's been a busy day, 121 Chrome tabs open
28.04428% on the geek test

Bile Beans keep you healthy, bright-eyed and slim

Last edited by Vindikorr; 04-15-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Vindikorr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #1719
logan23
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindikorr View Post
I sincerely hope so. I'm just starting here at holowan and I don't want to see it die anytime soon
I believe kotor modding will continue.

I actually was just talking to someone about kotor modding over tbe years.

One thing I will like to do is when I get The First half of RoR out, is to share any tips or lessons learned from making the RoR mod.

I believe if we can create a structure /Flow chart for certain aspects of kotor modding including a Kotor Script Wiki of the general scripts - we could help give some guideance and understanding to help future modders create larger mods or even New Module Assets.

I am excited to see what cool mods will be coming from the community :-)

Typed on IPhone

Old 04-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #1720
RPK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorge View Post
What i do? Everybody steal.
@Down
Ripping even without change UVW.

Last edited by RPK; 04-15-2013 at 12:31 PM.
RPK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > [tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan