lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-16-2006, 04:05 AM   #1601
thegreatjoshini
Rookie

Current Game: Legend of Legaia (PSX)
Hey fred, got a question for you. Would it be possible for you to put a direct link to the latest version of the kotor tool up here? I am sure I'm not the only one who is having more than a little trouble getting onto the kotor tool site. I was only able to get previous version from filefront.com.

I am the hope of the Universe!
I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace.
I am protector of the innocent.
I am the light in darkness.
I am truth
ALLY TO GOOD!!! NIGHTMARE TO YOU!!!
- Super Saiyan Goku
thegreatjoshini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2006, 03:18 PM   #1602
DarkOmegaShadow
Lurker

Can anyone put a direct link for Fred Tetra's Kotor Tool here. I can't connect to the starwarsknights site, also the pcgamemods site is down as well. These are the only two sites that has the link to download the kotor tool. The one in filefront and fileplanet are too old and dont support .2da files. Please anyone, put a direct link for Fred Tetra's tool here.
DarkOmegaShadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2006, 04:02 PM   #1603
Darth333
Administraterror

The starwarsknights.com site along with the Kotor tool site are presently down: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...90#post2194590

Sorry about that but you'll have to be patient and wait until we can resolve the situation.
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2006, 11:30 AM   #1604
suslowim
Lurker

I've got a problem. Whenever I try to start up KOTOR tool it comes up with an error message saying
'The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on ok to terminate the application.'
Is there any way to stop this?
suslowim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2006, 11:50 AM   #1605
Darth333
Administraterror

What happens when you click on continue?

I used to get this error with an earlier version of KT and when I clicked on continue everything worked fine (at that time, the error I was getting was related to chitin.key file)

Edit: Did you install .net framework first?
Old 11-10-2006, 01:52 AM   #1606
Lit Ridl

Somnetimes I got this error too. When trying to Copy & Paste 2DA row.
When I restart my computer problem is solved.
p.s.: not to finish the work I click on the Continue

But really, first of all check if you have .NET

{snip, most of my mods are on my computer}

My website

My pcgamemods page
Also you may find some of my mods on FileFront
Lit Ridl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2006, 10:39 PM   #1607
poyang
Lurker

guys, can i just ask? wats .net? i only started playing KOTOR a few weeks ago, and was researching on some mods.. this requires .net? wat is it? wer do i get it? sorry for the ignorance.. peace
poyang is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2007, 12:19 AM   #1608
Skye
Rookie

I've very new myself, but I believe ".net" is an abbreviation for "Microsoft.NET Framework", which is required to run KT? I don't have it myself yet, but I thought I could answer the question.
Skye is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2008, 06:01 PM   #1609
numark79
Rookie

on Vista?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
I've very new myself, but I believe ".net" is an abbreviation for "Microsoft.NET Framework", which is required to run KT? I don't have it myself yet, but I thought I could answer the question.

Don't know if this has been asked before, but I was kind of getting back into Kotor 1 now, and was wondering if the Kotor tool is compatible with Windows Vista? I had a friend try installing it earlier and said that they got some error trying to install. As long as they have .net framework on their Vista machine, should it work?

peace
numark79 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #1610
JMF
Lurker

Tutorial for the Tools?

Hey guys,

I'm sure this comes up somewhere in the forum, but I've not found it... Is there some sort of tutorial that explains how to use this tool?

I'm trying to look at the conversation trees in KotOR and I can't seem to load them up.

Also, does this tool show all the different branches of conversations in the same way that the Neverwinter Nights toolset does?

Thanks.

JMF
JMF is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2008, 10:34 PM   #1611
Darth333
Administraterror

I strongly recommend DLGeditor for that, especially if you intend to edit TSL's dlg files ( Kotor tool isn't fully compatible with TSL's .dlg files). You can find a tutorial here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=180845
Old 05-08-2008, 01:45 AM   #1612
JMF
Lurker

I can't even get the DLGEditor to open the dialog.tlk file...

when I double click on the dlgeditor_232 file... it automatically defaults to the SWKotOR folder where there is a dialog.tlk file, but it says

"The TSL dialog.tlk was not detected. Some dialog options will not be available. You may press Ctrl-T at anytime to manually change the dialog.tlk paths."

okay... so I figured that maybe I need the KotOR dialog.tlk file (English) from the same page that the DLGEditor was on... I download that and put it in the same area as the dlgeditor_232 file... I unzip it (and also leave the zip folder in there just in case)... I hit Ctrl-T and direct the DLGEditor tool to the recently downloaded DIALOG.tlk file and it gives me the exact same message...

So... i have no idea what to do... I'm supposed to be able to see the actual dialog from the KotOR game, right?

JMF
JMF is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2008, 10:03 AM   #1613
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Are you doing any TSL dialog editing? If not, then you can safely ignore that message and work with KotOR dialogs.

There are two different dialog.tlk files for the two different games and there are features in TSL dialogs that are not supported in KotOR. Note that dialog.tlk files are simply the master list of every line spoken in the game but have no tree-branch organization. For that you need .dlg files.

To view a dialog tree, you have to extract the *.dlg files from the RIMs and/or from the template.bif.

See dlgeditor_readme.txt (section: Using DLGEditor) for more information.

Further questions regarding DLGEditor should be directed to the T3M4 forum.

tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2008, 09:18 PM   #1614
Tiesto
Lurker

May some body give me a ful compleete Dantooine map pls?
Tiesto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #1615
Theo667
Lurker

Question HELP!!!!!

I know that this thread hasn't been active in a LONG time, but my KOTOR Tool isn't working right... Whenever I start the program, it tells me that...

"Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0xa04 (2564), Thread id=0xa78 (2680).

Click OK to terminate the applcation.
Click CANCEL to debug the application."

When I try to debug, it tells me that...

"Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings.

cordbg.exe !a 0xf54

Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.
Click on Cancel to abort the JIT debug request."

HELP!!!!!

~Theo~
Theo667 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #1616
Dark_lord_Cheez
Rookie

I'm also having some difficulty with my kotor tool. I have .Net Framework installed, and my K Tool was working as recently as yesterday, however, all of a sudden, whenever I click on the application I get an error message along the lines of "System.InvalidOperationException" The actual message spans about a paragraph, and it won't let me copy and paste it here.

When I click continue, it brings me to the K Tool, but without the dropdown menus for Knights 1 or The Sith Lords. The area is just blank.

I tried going to manage paths, but I get the same error message, and it just begins a loop, so if I click "continue" the error message comes up again and again.

Now, I haven't renamed, moved or deleted any files associated with .Net Frameworks, or K Tool. In fact, I just did a reinstall of both of them, and I still get the error message.

Before this, K Tool worked fine.

I'm thinking of reinstalling it again, though I'm not sure how much that would help, if my earlier reinstall didn't do anything :\

Any help would be appreciated.

"Find what you're looking for amongst the dead?" - Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords)
Dark_lord_Cheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2009, 10:30 PM   #1617
Star Admiral
N7 Commando

Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
Have you made any changes to your system since yesterday? If nothing works, you could try a System Restore.

- Star Admiral
Star Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #1618
Theo667
Lurker

Never mind, it works again... really wierd...

~Theo~
Theo667 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2010, 11:17 PM   #1619
Master Dakari
Rookie

So, is this not available for download anymore? For some reason, it is no longer available on Fred's site and I would like to get it. Any links would be nice.

Edit: Nevermind. I found the link. Though, in all honesty, it should have been easier to track down.

KotOR Tool:
http://www.kotortool.starwarsknights...s/ktoolmap.php

Last edited by RedHawke; 12-13-2010 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Combined DP...
Master Dakari is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2011, 04:55 PM   #1620
Xinaith
Banned

I have .NET Framework 1.1 Installed, but even after I specify my Kotor folder it says it can't find the Chitin.key, please help.
Xinaith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2011, 04:59 PM   #1621
Xinaith
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_lord_Cheez View Post
I'm also having some difficulty with my kotor tool. I have .Net Framework installed, and my K Tool was working as recently as yesterday, however, all of a sudden, whenever I click on the application I get an error message along the lines of "System.InvalidOperationException" The actual message spans about a paragraph, and it won't let me copy and paste it here.

When I click continue, it brings me to the K Tool, but without the dropdown menus for Knights 1 or The Sith Lords. The area is just blank.

I tried going to manage paths, but I get the same error message, and it just begins a loop, so if I click "continue" the error message comes up again and again.

Now, I haven't renamed, moved or deleted any files associated with .Net Frameworks, or K Tool. In fact, I just did a reinstall of both of them, and I still get the error message.

Before this, K Tool worked fine.

I'm thinking of reinstalling it again, though I'm not sure how much that would help, if my earlier reinstall didn't do anything :\

Any help would be appreciated.
This is exactly what happened to me!
Xinaith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2012, 11:32 PM   #1622
Sato Hawkspar
Lurker

Where can i download kotortool? Seems like every where I look there down.
Sato Hawkspar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2012, 01:16 AM   #1623
Tommyjc
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sato Hawkspar View Post
Where can i download kotortool? Seems like every where I look there down.
Same problem :\
Tommyjc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2012, 11:06 PM   #1624
TimeTravel
Lurker

Dear 2012,

I found a download for Kotor tool v1.0.2210.16738 : http://darthnihilus.ucoz.ua/load/igr...ool/64-1-0-274

Hit the download from server link at the top. You'll be redirected to a page full of Russian. Click the button on the left to start the download.

You may also be interested in this post: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=210702 where it is described how to get Kotor tool v1.0.2210.16738 to recognize that Kotor2:TSL is installed.

If you are going to edit scripts, this may be helpful: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...om/file/;54513

Hope this helped,
TimeTraveler

Last edited by TimeTravel; 12-31-2012 at 11:55 PM.
TimeTravel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2013, 12:38 AM   #1625
Bob Saget
Rookie

that download is no good, it keeps saying its corrupted.

hopefully someone can upload a copy, my version of kotor tool seemed to stop working
Bob Saget is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2013, 02:35 AM   #1626
kyrie
Rookie

Here is a link to kotor tool it's over @ mediafire for right now. This link will bring you to the main folder. I have put all the maps and kotor tool into a zip file also, it's labeled kotortool_maps.zip, it should be the first file on the list.
kyrie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2013, 12:27 AM   #1627
Darth Sapiens
Rookie

Current Game: tslrcm
it is now available on Deadly stream for download, along with some maps and more to come shortly.
http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/...80-kotor-tool/
if you look at the eula Fred made for this program, it allows for uploading, and distributing his program as long as it isnt reverse engineered or commercial.
Darth Sapiens is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > KotOR Tool > Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Tags
kotor modding tool, kotor tool