Thread: The Old Republic for Dummies
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #681
RogueJedi86

Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Ciao View Post
Of course, I suck in PvP, not because of the class, but because of my own poor twitch reflexes lol. I've seen a Lvl 11 Sorcerer be Unbeatable in a PvP vs. much high level players, so. xD
That's not so crazy. Certain classes, Sniper included, tend to be beasts at low level. With bolstering their damage and such is put on par with higher level attacks, and they aren't distracted by having 30 different abilities to maintain, so they just keep pumping it with a few hard-hitting abilities. My Sniper was a wrecking ball in the teens too.

PvP gear at low levels can be good in PvE. They're easy oranges. My Sniper had the level 20 PvP set that both looked cool and had great stats for PvE. My Vanguard used the level 40 pvp set, and similarly was great in both PvE and looking sexy. Feel free to get some pieces, "easy" epics. Even the expertise weapons from the pvp weapons vendor are good since even outside the expertise they tend to have better stats/damage than most weapons of their level(about on par with flashpoint drops and less random luck on getting). My Trooper uses PvP blaster rifles, and my Agent uses a PvP sniper rifle, and my Agent gears Kaliyo with a PvP pistol.

PvP gear's really not that terrible for PvE if you don't have anything great from flashpoints. Equivalent level flashpoint drops may be better, but if you aren't running many flashpoints, the gear will easily outclass the greens and blues you get from planet questing.

"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #682
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

Yeah, tried lvl 50+ PvP... kept being murdered. 0 Expertise... not good .

Aaaaaaand... Red Eclipse Rollback... Ugh.
Hassat Hunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2013, 11:57 PM   #683
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Yeah, Expertise is the stat that ONLY works in PvP scenarios. This means only in Warzones, when you're dueling another player or are fighting against a PvP tagged player on the opposite faction.

About the only time PvP gear becomes the least bit useful is when you get your Recruit mk-2 gear when you hit lv50 and they come with a couple of Battlemaster relics, these can be highly useful relics to have until you can get the better endgame relics later on.

@ Hassat: You can pick up recruit mk-2 gear from the PvP mission terminal.

I did 0 PvP for a long time until I suddenly started a month ago... now I have full War Hero gear with an Elite War Hero chest piece, a tonne of Expertise and I'm at Valor 55. Didn't take me all that long to get this far...

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2013, 12:43 AM   #684
Eefluxx

As far as healing goes I love playing my sorcerer healer. Especially when tanks in FP's give me credit and tell me what a good job I am doing. Then being amazed that it is my first time as a healer.

Remember to love your healers no matter what

Feel Free To Disagree.....Most People Do Anyways
Eefluxx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #685
Al_Ciao
Rookie

Current Game: SWTOR, Skyrim
What Eeflux said. I love it when people credit me for heals! ^^ We were doing FP: Athiss on the Imp side, and ran into 3 of those Champion Disciples at once. Someone broke my stun so we had to take on all 3. I was juggling back and forth between all three of my party members, popping bubbles and heals, and then doing Unnatural Preservation on myself if I needed it. My Force was nearly zero by the end. But we all survived, and I got credit

When I'm not playing as a healer, I always thank the healer!

P.S. It's my first time as a healer too
Al_Ciao is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #686
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter View Post
Yeah, tried lvl 50+ PvP... kept being murdered. 0 Expertise... not good .
When I started doing PvP, Lynk told me to expect to die a lot. And that's the way it is. Obviously, having some PvP gear is vital (and as Lynk pointed out, you can get the Recruit Gear for free - about the equivalent of Tionese in PvE, so anything Tionese or lower should be swapped out for the Recruit gear), but the system is a bit broken anyway. People who are fully equipped with Elite War Hero gear get to fight new level 50 PvP players, or a team of random fresh PvP players are put against a well-oiled PvP team with Elite War Hero gear. It can be frustrating if you're only a beginning PvP player, but if the teams are well-balanced, it is a lot of fun.

My Bounty Hunter Mercenary had no PvP gear when I started, but I already had a lot of Black Hole gear, so I wasn't entirely useless. Expertise is important, but you can often still make a difference without it if you're decently geared.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #687
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
After you are done dying a lot in PvP, you start killing a lot...

Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #688
Al_Ciao
Rookie

Quote:
What are the best items in the game outside of endgame ops? The artifact vendors on the fleet? End-of-class questline drops? Lvl 50 flashpoints? Or something craftable?
Anyone know? Y'all keep mentioning all these types of gear - Recruit, Elite War Hero, Tionese, Black Hole - that I have no idea what they are. Is this high level stuff? I only have two toons, the highest level of which is 31.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #689
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Endgame gear is gear you get once you reach level 50 which you can get from doing hard mode flash points and operations. They're specifically for the really hard level 50 stuff you'll be facing once you finish everything else... because every kind of gear under level 50 just isn't going to cut it any more.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #690
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Anyone know? Y'all keep mentioning all these types of gear - Recruit, Elite War Hero, Tionese, Black Hole - that I have no idea what they are. Is this high level stuff? I only have two toons, the highest level of which is 31.
All of these are endgame gear (level 50). These work in tiers. For PvP, it's basically Recruit < War Hero < Elite War Hero. For PvE, Tionese < Columi < Rakata < Black Hole < Dreadguard.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #691
Al_Ciao
Rookie

Well, I recognize some of those PvE names. First off, all five are sold by vendors on the fleet, IIRC.

Tionese is some kind of alien species, though I can't remember which. The Columi are the super-intelligent, super-ancient Coneheads, and we all know who the Rakata are. What are Black Hole and Dreadguard?

And let me get this straight: the best PvE gear in the game is Dreadguard?
Old 01-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #692
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Black Hole/Campaign gear is linked to the Black Hole daily area on Corellia. The Dread Guard are linked to the Dread Masters. Don't look it up, you'll find out if you keep playing.

For the moment, Dread Guard/Hazmat gear is the the highest tier for PvE, yes.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #693
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Tionese gear is your base lv50 gear which you can get as soon as you hit lv50.

Columi gear can be obtained from doing hard mode flashpoints and story mode operations.

Rakata you get from hard more tier 1 operations and story mode tier 2 operations.

Black Hole you get from black hole comms you get from doing the black hole section of corellia (an endgame daily area) and story mode tier 2 operations. Campaign gear, which is basically the same as black hole gear but with different stat types you get from hard mode explosive conflict (a tier 2 operation).

Dreadguard and Hazmat gear you get from doing hard mode terror from beyond (a tier 2 operation).

All of this gear is primarily for the really tough endgame content, mostly Operations which involve 8 or 16 people playing together... and it's not all that easy to get, it takes a lot of time and effort and a lot of team work from other players.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #694
Al_Ciao
Rookie

So wait... after doing Terror from Beyond on hard mode to get Dread Guard and Hazmat gear, there's MORE?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #695
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

There are nightmare modes, but they periodically add new flashpoints and operations and stuff as the game progresses. When swtor started we only had one and a half operations, now we have four individual ones and two more flashpoints than what we started with as well as some other jazz.

More stuff will come in the future and more new gear and such as well.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #696
Al_Ciao
Rookie

One thing I've noticed is that gear seems to matter much more than level (other than level being requirement for gear).

My Level 25 Sith Sorcerer has 100+ Willpower base, but with gear has 400+

It makes that much of a difference, apparently!

Is there any other way to get the Lvl 50 PvE gear than running the ops? I'm preferred, so to play Ops I'd have to buy a weekly pass, or several of them to get the good gear. Can it be traded or sold or crafted?

Of course, I don't know why anyone would want to sell or trade gear like that, but at least theoretically, is it possible? xD
Old 01-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #697
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
All of this gear is primarily for the really tough endgame content, mostly Operations which involve 8 or 16 people playing together... and it's not all that easy to get, it takes a lot of time and effort and a lot of team work from other players.
Okay Lynk explain her gear

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...f-81442f5696c6

She has been in HMEV (first two bosses) twice and last 2 bosses of SM TfB once and that is it for operations. I also don't think I got any gear directly from drops in any of those runs.

Now this ones gear is due to hard work on my part and the great people in TWC and also CA. http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...7-fde2cc343b18

Seriously Lynk is correct, gear is not that easy to get, but once you have a toon at 50 geared and in a decent regular group, then gearing up alt is extremely easy and fast. Especially if that first toon is a tank or healer. I can pretty much get a group anytime on my healers and I can solo black hole's heroics for the weekly if Lynk and/or Milt are not around.

Have no clue how many operations and hmfps Bremiaha has done and trust me, I don't want to know.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #698
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I am paying close attention because i have a ways to go still to prepare for the end game...thanks for the info on this, i too wondered if it is possible to buy better gear as XP does not seem to make much differnece ..as much as gear.

And yes i had the unhappy and unwelcome opportunity to taste PVP yesterday, i was stopped near an IMP camp on Alderan checking the map and my companion wandered off and attacked a PVP Sith and her huge monster of a compaoin some kind of huge troll. So they happily attacked the hell out of me inspite of my asking them to stop. Twice. I was very pissed. I did not realize you could be flagged by that happening as i was NOT buffing anyone or attacking anyone myself. But now i know. And now i know i wont be doing PVP EVER. I hated that. I mostly like the story and the exploring. But we will see if i survive to 50, and all of these levels of elite gear are a mystery to me still.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #699
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Sorry no XP is just as important as gear. Level gets you abilities, gear enhances these abilities. A opening for a jedi watchman sentinel is Force Leap + Overload Saber -> Zealous Strike -> Cauterize -> Merciless Slash -> Master Strike -> Force Camo. That is deadly even in fresh 50 gear, but with my gear and luck of hitting a crit that is over 2000 dps on a elite (plus a dead elite). However, if I just had my gear and not those abilities then I betting the dps of using strike over and over even in that gear would be closer to 700 dps or less.

Gear is important, gear can make up for a players lack of skill, but gear does not outshine abilities and neither gear or abilities outshine player skill. There are no shortcuts, there is more than one way to play. You can play, by leveling and having fun and not taking the game so serious or you can only worry about gear and numbers, I play somewhere in between, I know it is against Lynk's rule, but I play for fun. I take my raids serious and I get rather upset at times, but only at myself. I don't want to let down the group. However, when someone else causes the wipe i do not get upset (unless it was lynk's fault ). Seriously we all make mistakes, it is a game and no big deal, however I work on my healer abilities and gear plus read tips and suggestions, not because I am obsessed with the game, but because I am a member of a team and I do not want to let them down. So it is work, but it is fun work to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisG View Post
I And yes i had the unhappy and unwelcome opportunity to taste PVP yesterday, i was stopped near an IMP camp on Alderan checking the map and my companion wandered off and attacked a PVP Sith and her huge monster of a compaoin some kind of huge troll. So they happily attacked the hell out of me inspite of my asking them to stop. Twice. I was very pissed. I did not realize you could be flagged by that happening as i was NOT buffing anyone or attacking anyone myself. But now i know. And now i know i wont be doing PVP EVER. I hated that. I mostly like the story and the exploring. But we will see if i survive to 50, and all of these levels of elite gear are a mystery to me still.
You get to close to the imp base, you get flagged. Watch there will be a red warning both in the middle of the screen and in chat window with count down. Your companion attacked because you were flagged and she/he got aggroed. Also the sith could not see your chat, unless you used /yell.

Last edited by mimartin; 01-23-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #700
Al_Ciao
Rookie

Mimartin, thanks for your detailed answers! You're using a bunch of abbreviations that I'm not familiar with though, lol. I think HMEV is Hard Mode Eternity Vault? The others I have no clue, except that TWC and CA might be guilds?

Pretty good gear there. And good point about levels giving you abilities. I just meant insofar as stat bonuses, gear seems to matter a lot more than level.

Out of curiosity, I wonder what the highest damaging single attack in the game is. And I also wonder what the highest stacked damage is in the game. (By that second question, I mean class abilities and gear to buff damage along with an already high-damage attack)
Old 01-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #701
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Yeah, HMEV = Hard Mode Eternity Vault.

TWC = The Walking Carpets
It's our official Republic Guild on The Harbinger server.

CA = Casual Alliance
A loose Alliance of guilds that we are a part of... when it was active, it's not really active any more but as a result of the Casual Alliance we were able to gain a lot of members into TWC.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #702
Eefluxx

Al Ciao, I assume you are playing a sorcerer as well from the description of heals, a couple of tricks I have learned healing wise when your force reaches zero

1. Hit them with your lightsaber, you won't do a whole lot of damage but your force builds back quicker.

2. if you are lvl 50 and have revivication which is the main aoe heal you will use, when you use it stay inside it and hit consumption a few times and then unnatural preservation.

Has saved my life and my teams life quite a few times.

I assume this would work for a Sage on the republic side as well

Old 01-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #703
Al_Ciao
Rookie

Yes, I'm playing a Level 25 Sorcerer Loving it.

I'm actually not speccing Corruption, so I won't be getting Revivification (that's the top level Corruption power, right?) If you mean the Level 50 power that all Sorcerers auto-get at Lvl 50, I understood that to be the same as a Revive, except it can be used in combat?

As preferred status, I only have two quickbars, and as a person with poor twitch reflexes, I have trouble just managing those! So I'm trying to juggle which powers I use. I've taken both of my saber strikes completely off, as well as Consumption, since I almost never run out of Force. (I took the tier 1 Lightning tree skill points that give me +100 Force, and am going to be taking the ones that make area Force powers cost less.)

I've run low on Force two or three times, and both times I barely managed to keep the group alive, due to my Force regenerating quickly enough that I could pop a few Bubbles and heal. So it was close, but we scraped by with no one dying. I may have to reconsider putting Consumption back on a quickbar tho, at least for groups.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #704
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
thanks for the input on equipment and skill Mim and for the tips on PVP , i made the mistake, and paid for it. As for the other player they were enjoying themselves and prob thought i was a whimp because i ran away, and kept trying to run. I guess they got a kick out of killing me anyway. I didnt enjoy it but will be sure to be more careful in the future. So i learned and am not complaining. that is a side of the game i dont play and dont plan to. Like you i like to have fun and explore. thanks for all the help you have given me.

I went shopping at Fleet to try to get better gear for my Doctor but there was noting available in the vendors that was even close to as good as what he already has. So i just got someting from the Cartel market instead. I was going to try to add mods to some of my own equipment but the work table kept saying i needed some kind of enhahnacemnt slot to add stuff and i couldnt find it for sale anywhere so skilled that too.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #705
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

You should try getting stuff from the Galactic Trade Network first before you use the cartel market. Better to use fake money than real money.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #706
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Pretty much anything that's on the Cartel Market can be found on the GTN. Some of it of course costs quite a lot of credits, but that's mostly for rare pieces that aren't necessarily better than cheap stuff. Then again, I never bothered buying gear before I got to 50, saved me quite a bit of money, I think.

Quote:
I was going to try to add mods to some of my own equipment but the work table kept saying i needed some kind of enhahnacemnt slot to add stuff and i couldnt find it for sale anywhere so skilled that too.
I didn't quite get that. Are you talking about the Augment slot? If so, yes, the augment slot needs to be manually added to gear with an augment kit. If you're talking about the Enhancement slot... It's absent on some gear, I think, but never on custom gear, so look for that.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #707
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

Quote:
As preferred status, I only have two quickbars
Preferred players have 4 quickbars.

Currently using 3 myself. Good enough for everything my Shadow ever needed. Didn't even need the 4th.
Can't imagine what subs need 6 for...
Old 01-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #708
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

speeders and pets

Old 01-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #709
Al_Ciao
Rookie

Orly? Didn't know preferred got two extras!

But what would I bind them to? Companion is Ctrl + #, 2nd is Alt + #
Old 01-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #710
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

I don't really bind them, just click the bar itself (have all 3 ontop of each other at the bottom).

Probably not the fastest method... but it works for me.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #711
Al_Ciao
Rookie

Actually, for now, I only need the first two quickbars, using the 3rd one for non-combat abilities like the speeder. That I can easily click on.

Mouse clicking powers is very slow for me, at least compared to the frenzied pace of battle. I have Usher's syndrome, which basically means my peripheral vision is shot. It literally takes me a few seconds to find the mouse pointer on the screen.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #712
Eefluxx

Al Ciao if your going to be a healer then you need to use the corruption tree as it has all of your healing abilities that matter. Revivication is an AOE heal that can heal up to 8 teammembers at once. Basically they are called circles in most aspects. If you are going dps then you don't really need to worry about the corruption tree but don't need to tell people you can be the healer either just that you can heal some of the time and healp out with healing.

I didn't get revivication until like lvl 47 or 48 I think and healing was pretty hard until I got that power and it became much easier. Consumption unless its a dire situation should really only be used with revivication because you are healing yourself with the aoe while you take your health for force power. I would try to get at least your basic saber strike back on your quickbar somewhere to use in case you do run out of force power.

Healing is a full time job just like tanking. You can throw some dps in there when everyone is ok but trying to dps and heal isn't really something that should be done all the time. If its you and one other person doing like 2 man heriocs or some such then yes dps away and heal. But if it is a FP or a 4 man herioc just heal heal and more heal.

And I have my 6 quickbars one has pets and vehicles one has all my quick travels and fun toys. One just has my healing abilities andone I have for medpacs and stims and my herioc abilities. The other two are my dps abilities when I need them and my healing abilities again.

And like Hassant said I don't have them bound or anything just click the bar itself. probably not the best method for a healer but so far it has worked for me.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #713
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

So, probably stupid question but...

What good are "bound to legacy" items?
Considering they are class tied, leveled etc. they seem like a get-and-throw away later item. Something I am missing?
Old 01-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #714
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter View Post
So, probably stupid question but...

What good are "bound to legacy" items?
Considering they are class tied, leveled etc. they seem like a get-and-throw away later item. Something I am missing?
The item is bound to the characters in your legacy on that server. So if I have 2 characters on a server, I can mail that BoL item to the other character on that server and that other character will be able to equip it to themselves or their companions.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #715
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

More importantly, it can be a quick way to get your alts geared for endgame. Say you find a Rakata piece with your main (and these are usually bound to character, so you wouldn't be able to mail them to your alts) but it's not suited for your class, you can take out the mods and put it in Legacy gear, which you can then mail to an alt and then take out the mods or equip the legacy gear.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #716
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

But... they have class requirements. Or does it convert to the other class if sending it to another legacy char.
And even if so, your teammates can't wear them then...

EDIT (to above post appearing when I was typing this);
Don't see the profit. You can just send the enchantments itself no? Would be cheaper than putting it in Legacy gear and extracting them afterwards, since that costs (again) extraction costs. Which get expensive with high-tier enhancements.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #717
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

What piece are you talking about specifically? If it's adaptive armour then any class can wear it. Whether they're light, medium or heavy armour wearers, hence "adaptive armour".

Weaspons that are BoL are different and can only be wielded by the classes that can wield those weapons such as Jedi and Sith classes with single blade lightsabers.

Plus the nice thing about BoL stuff is that you can take them off a character that's wearing it and send it back to another character cause it doesn't permanently bind itself to a single character in your legacy, you can swap it around as much as you want.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #718
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Not all legacy gear is class-specific. The stuff you get from the Legacy vendors are and if you get them, you would for aesthetic purposes. The Legacy gear from events, for example, can be equipped by anyone (the Sandpeople Bloodguard armor, to name one).

Old 01-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #719
Al_Ciao
Rookie

You misunderstand me. I AM playing dps. It's just I have some basic healing with the dark healing/infusion for others, unnatural preservation for myself, and bubbles for anyone who needs it.

I don't tell people I'm a healer, I just tell them I'm dps with a little bit of heal although I'm not specced for it. Although I have ended up playing healer on flashpoints. Like I was saying before, got down to low Force but managed to keep everyone alive. (We were fighting three of the Champions on Athiss at once lol)
Old 01-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #720
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
You misunderstand me. I AM playing dps. It's just I have some basic healing with the dark healing/infusion for others, unnatural preservation for myself, and bubbles for anyone who needs it.
It isn't that big a deal at lower levels, but as you level up if you enter group finder as a healer, then you better be spec'ed healer or expect to get kicked and ignored. So people take that game way to serious.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > The Old Republic for Dummies