lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: MI:SE updates, repaints, mods, new arts...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #81
Laserschwert

Notable contributor 
I remember editing your edit to make Guybrush's face a bit more like he looks on the boxart:

Laserschwert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2011, 08:54 PM   #82
Scummbuddy

Bravo! Keep it up!

Scummbuddy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #83
ThunderPeel2001
Lovebucket

This is some great stuff. The new new Guybrush is the best I've seen. The new LeChuck kicks ass!

ThunderPeel2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #84
Bluewave256
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinnDEvil View Post
Just some edits of how Guybrush (SE1) LeChuck (SE2) and Elaine (SE2) should look IMO.

http://fav.me/d250np0

http://fav.me/d2txzrs

http://fav.me/d46kgt6

What do you guys think? better?
How can I use them? : )
Bluewave256 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #85
OzzieMonkey
Rookie

I've been trying to repaint some of the forest. For the most part it's worked well, except for 3 areas where there's just static over most of the background. Any clues as to why?

EDIT: Here are some screenshots to show what I mean

EDIT 2: Nevermind, I had the setting for the image converter on Monkey 2 on the ones that stuffed up, I'll go through and edit the backgrounds again and put some screenshots up when I'm finished.

Last edited by OzzieMonkey; 01-25-2013 at 01:32 AM.
OzzieMonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2013, 03:41 AM   #86
OzzieMonkey
Rookie

Ok, I've finished fixing the forest floor in as many areas I could find where there were some really ugly pieces of marker residue.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:53 AM   #87
Krasas
Rookie

Current Game: Tales of MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieMonkey View Post
Ok, I've finished fixing the forest floor in as many areas I could find where there were some really ugly pieces of marker residue.
Hi, OzzieMonkey. LordTrilobite has already released a patch with some of the background bugs fixed (see his signature link: http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost....57&postcount=4 ). Are you working on top of his fixes?
Krasas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #88
OzzieMonkey
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasas View Post
Hi, OzzieMonkey. LordTrilobite has already released a patch with some of the background bugs fixed (see his signature link: http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost....57&postcount=4 ). Are you working on top of his fixes?
Yes, my aim was to eliminate all of the marker residue at the ground level of the forest. Unfortunately I can't open .dxt files that aren't from the Monkey1.pak file (in other words, extracted out and edited by LordTrilobite) so the touch-ups that he's made to the forest aren't there, but I've covered pretty much the whole forest in terms of the ground area.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:37 AM   #89
Krasas
Rookie

Current Game: Tales of MI
Hmm, I understand.
For our translation project, I had coded a re-paker (command line tool in python) to create the monkey.pak file from all the extracted (and modified) files, so, that would probably have helped you with the lordtrilobite's dxt issue.

It would require more steps than if you had lordtrilobite's dds files, but it should work.

So basically the steps to get the modified dds to work on would be:
1) Extract all files from the original pak file using bgbennyboy's MISE Explorer 0.5
2) copy any modified files overwriting the originals
3) repack the files into a new pak
4) Extract the modified dds you need again with bgbennyboy's MISE Explorer

I know that you have now probably finished your work, so that's no more of use to you, but pm me if you are interested in such a repaker. (it only works for SoMI:SE at the moment, not MI2:SE).
Krasas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2014, 08:05 PM   #90
myloch
Rookie

@OzzieMonkey

have you ever finished the editing work of the forest in Monkey Island 1 Special Edition? If yes, please can you share the files? I'm interested, especially I'd like to see that ugly missing ravine fixed
myloch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Community Discussion Forums > SCUMM > MI:SE updates, repaints, mods, new arts...