lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Music and Sound Changes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
Darth Leo
Rookie

Question Music and Sound Changes

How do you change the music and sound that plays in the game? I want to change the music that plays when you get lightside points.
Darth Leo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #2
Keiko
Forumite

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.ph...Changing+Music

3. Sounds and Music

Check there.

I realize that isn't Exactly what you looking for, but it may get you started.

--Keiko

EDIT: This may also help you out: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.ph...Changing+Music

Bah, All mixed up today, hehe...

Keiko is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
Darth Leo
Rookie

Thanks, I used this to change the ambient music a little bit ago. Now the music from the Rebuilt Jedi Enclave plays in the Trayus Core!

I think what I was looking for is in the scripts, though. When you get lightside points, the game plays the Force Theme. I'd like to change it so that it plays mus_s_lightshort instead.

I'd be like something like the Lightside Transition Music Mod by stingerhs.
I'm not sure where to find where the assets I need to change, though.

Last edited by Darth Leo; 10-07-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:26 PM   #4
Darth Leo
Rookie

Question Night and Day Music

Sorry for the double post. What happens when the MusicDay and MusicNight values are different? Can you have two different tracks play in the same area?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
dmmm123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Leo View Post
Sorry for the double post. What happens when the MusicDay and MusicNight values are different? Can you have two different tracks play in the same area?
Yes you can. At least in KOTOR 1, but I suppose it works for KOTOR 2 as well. I used the tutorial for adding custom music to KOTOR 1 to add some more songs, then edited the .GIT files from every level (.rim file), replacing the values for the MusicNight tracks, while leaving the MusicDay tracks values, since I already replaced the corresponding .wav files with some custom .mp3 songs. The only problem I have now is that the MusicNight track ALWAYS plays first in every area, repeats for 30 minutes (5-6 times) and THEN switches to the MusicDay track, which does the same thing before switching back.
Does anyone know if there some way to control how many times the tracks repeat before they change to the alternate track for the area?
dmmm123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Music and Sound Changes