lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: TSl script with All In
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
Prectatorium
Lurker
 
Prectatorium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6
TSl script with All In

1st post.

Not sure were this should go, I'm guessing a moderator will give me a heads up and correct the situation.

So I decided to go a little crazy and through all TSL buffs, including all powers from each tree in a mega force power.

My problem is it seems to work randomly (sort of). I'll try to be a bit more specific.
Perugus II:
When I'm solo, no party members, i got it All, all three speed mastery's, valor mastery's, resists, ...inspire followers, the deal. In the journal > messages > effects it looked somewhat like this:

Speed Burst
Knight Speed
Speed Mastery
Force Aura
Force Shield
Force Armor
Force Mind
Knight Mind
Mind Mastery
Resist Force
Force Immunity
Resist Cold Heat Energy
Resist Poison Disease Sonic
Master Energy Resistance
Force Barrier
Improved Force Barrier
Master Force Barrier
Battle Meditation Pc
Improved Battle Meditation Pc
Master Battle Meditation Pc
Force Body
Improved Force Body
Master Force Body
Inspire Followers I
Inspire Followers II
Inspire Followers II
Inspire Followers IV
Inspire Followers V
Inspire Followers VI
Force Sight

When I'm in a party however I don't seem to get that result.

Now the idea is to go through all specific powers, apply each of them to all non enemy creatures in a specific radius.

something like:
Code:
void main () {

	// variables
	// (...)
	for ( ; nSpell < 282; nSpell++ ) {

		oCreature = GetFirstObjectInShape ( SHAPE_SPHERE, fRange, GetLocation ( OBJECT_SELF ), FALSE, OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE );

		while ( GetIsObjectValid ( oCreature ) ) {

			if ( !GetIsEnemy ( oCreature ) ) {

				switch ( nSpell ) {
					
					(...)
				}
			}
			oCreature = GetNextObjectInShape ( SHAPE_SPHERE, fRange, GetLocation ( OBJECT_SELF ), FALSE, OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE );
		}
	}
}
I'm not sure if the game engine is not able to handle it, or my logic is flawed. I'm betting on the latter

Full version, a little extensive I fear:
Show spoiler

I appreciate your time. Thank you very much.


And so, therefore, itís so important to consider this question: What do I desire?


"because, if you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you will spend your life completely wasting your time.
Youíll be doing things you donít like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you donít like doing, which is stupid."

Alan Wilson Watts (6 January 1915 Ė 16 November 1973)

Last edited by Prectatorium; 06-12-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Prectatorium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #2
Darth333
Administraterror
 
Darth333's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: In my secret dungeon...
Posts: 8,292
Welcome to the forums!

Moving your thread to Holowan labs as Ahto is about everything and nothing (except KotOR).

Wish I could answer but I am so out the loop these days...
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer
 
Fair Strides 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Oregon, United States
Posts: 557
Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prectatorium View Post
1st post.

Not sure were this should go, I'm guessing a moderator will give me a heads up and correct the situation.

So I decided to go a little crazy and through all TSL buffs, including all powers from each tree in a mega force power.

My problem is it seems to work randomly (sort of). I'll try to be a bit more specific.

Code:
void main () {

	// variables
	// (...)
	for ( ; nSpell < 282; nSpell++ ) {

		oCreature = GetFirstObjectInShape ( SHAPE_SPHERE, fRange, GetLocation ( OBJECT_SELF ), FALSE, OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE );

		while ( GetIsObjectValid ( oCreature ) ) {

			if ( !GetIsEnemy ( oCreature ) ) {

				switch ( nSpell ) {
					
					(...)
				}
			}
			oCreature = GetNextObjectInShape ( SHAPE_SPHERE, fRange, GetLocation ( OBJECT_SELF ), FALSE, OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE );
		}
	}
}
I'm not sure if the game engine is not able to handle it, or my logic is flawed. I'm betting on the latter

I appreciate your time. Thank you very much.
Nice try and I think I can help. Try this:
Code:
void main () {

	// variables
	// (...)
        int nSpell;
	for (nSpell = 0; nSpell < 282; nSpell++ ) {

                int iParty = 0;
		oCreature = GetPartyMemberByIndex(iParty);


		while ( GetIsObjectValid (oCreature ) ) {

				switch ( nSpell ) {
					
					(...)
				}
			iParty++;
                 }
	}
}
That will(should) just get the current party member, apply all the spells, and then do the same for the others...


All of my mods are available on Deadlystream.

Always remember modders: "Quality= Effort*Time"

KSE 3.3.4 is LIVE!!! Check it out here.

Check out WalkSwitch, the Walkmesh-changing tool!
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2013, 04:25 AM   #4
Sith Holocron
M4-78
 
Sith Holocron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pasadena, MD(Nar Shaddaa East)
Posts: 1,323
Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prectatorium View Post
When I'm solo, no party members, i got it All, all three speed masteries, valor masteries, resists, ...inspire followers...

If you are getting all of these powers when you're playing solo, why the heck would you need Inspire Followers then?




Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #5
Prectatorium
Lurker
 
Prectatorium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333 View Post
Welcome to the forums!

Moving your thread to Holowan labs as Ahto is about everything and nothing (except KotOR).

Wish I could answer but I am so out the loop these days...
Thank you Darth333.

I've been wondering around a few threads in the "Editing / Modding" forums, and you popped out quite a lot with some helpful tips, and I thank you for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Strides 2 View Post
Nice try and I think I can help. Try this:
Code:
void main () {

	// variables
	// (...)
        int nSpell;
	for (nSpell = 0; nSpell < 282; nSpell++ ) {

                int iParty = 0;
		oCreature = GetPartyMemberByIndex(iParty);


		while ( GetIsObjectValid (oCreature ) ) {

				switch ( nSpell ) {
					
					(...)
				}
			iParty++;
                 }
	}
}
That will(should) just get the current party member, apply all the spells, and then do the same for the others...
Thank you Fair Strides 2, no joy though.

So I take your logic and implement it in "my" code, and nothing happens, but your logic seems quite flawless to me, so I check the implementation again, and again, but I can't seem to understand why it doesn't work.

Here is a little snippet:

Show spoiler

But that's not quite what I was looking for, I wanted something that followed this condition:
Code:
	if ( !GetIsEnemy ( oCreature ) )
In other words, buff every damn creature out there, aside from those that want to blast or cut me down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
If you are getting all of these powers when you're playing solo, why the heck would you need Inspire Followers then?
@Sith Holocron
Ah lol... Very attentive of you. Well the idea isn't to be roaming around solo, you see I started a new play through, (haven't played the game in years, you know, for old times' sake, right?), and at Peragus Mining Facility you start out solo. But back in the day I had no concepts of scripting and what not, now that have some basic notions of high level object oriented programming languages, I thought to my self, "I'm gonna cheat the hell out of this game"

So I decide to invert the nSpell count, to a count down:

Code:
	int nSpell      = 281;

	for ( ; nSpell > -1; nSpell--) {
You guessed it... I get the force powers in an inverted order

Anyways, as long as the games engine doesn't give up on me, I'm going to keep trying...

Thanks to all.


And so, therefore, itís so important to consider this question: What do I desire?


"because, if you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you will spend your life completely wasting your time.
Youíll be doing things you donít like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you donít like doing, which is stupid."

Alan Wilson Watts (6 January 1915 Ė 16 November 1973)

Last edited by Prectatorium; 06-12-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Prectatorium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #6
Sith Holocron
M4-78
 
Sith Holocron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pasadena, MD(Nar Shaddaa East)
Posts: 1,323
Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Having a god mode set up on Goto's Yacht has always presented many screen freezes for me. Just warnin' ya!




Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #7
Prectatorium
Lurker
 
Prectatorium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
Having a god mode set up on Goto's Yacht has always presented many screen freezes for me. Just warnin' ya!
I have some recollection of Goto's Yacht, though no idea when ill get there...

Thanks for the heads up anyway...


And so, therefore, itís so important to consider this question: What do I desire?


"because, if you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you will spend your life completely wasting your time.
Youíll be doing things you donít like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you donít like doing, which is stupid."

Alan Wilson Watts (6 January 1915 Ė 16 November 1973)

Last edited by Prectatorium; 06-12-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Prectatorium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer
 
Fair Strides 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Oregon, United States
Posts: 557
Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prectatorium View Post
I have some recollection of Goto's Yacht, though no idea when ill get there...

Thanks for the heads up anyway...
PLEASE tell me you have TSLRCM and M4-78EP installed. If not, you will miss out on so much...


All of my mods are available on Deadlystream.

Always remember modders: "Quality= Effort*Time"

KSE 3.3.4 is LIVE!!! Check it out here.

Check out WalkSwitch, the Walkmesh-changing tool!
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #9
Prectatorium
Lurker
 
Prectatorium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Strides 2 View Post
PLEASE tell me you have TSLRCM and M4-78EP installed. If not, you will miss out on so much...
No I don't... I guess I'm gonna have to get these mods...

I've just arrived at Telos, have I missed out on anything?

Knights of the Old Republic 2 Download Index site isn't working correctly, right?

I hope It's this "TSL Restored Content Mod 1.8.2" and this "M4-78 Enhancement Project" your talking about.


And so, therefore, itís so important to consider this question: What do I desire?


"because, if you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you will spend your life completely wasting your time.
Youíll be doing things you donít like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you donít like doing, which is stupid."

Alan Wilson Watts (6 January 1915 Ė 16 November 1973)

Last edited by Prectatorium; 06-11-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Prectatorium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
Sith Holocron
M4-78
 
Sith Holocron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pasadena, MD(Nar Shaddaa East)
Posts: 1,323
Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prectatorium View Post
No I don't... I guess I'm gonna have to get these mods...

I've just arrived at Telos, have I missed out on anything?

Knights of the Old Republic 2 Download Index site isn't working correctly, right?
Get TSLRCM 1.8.2 and M4-78 EP from Deadly Stream (as linked) or from MODDB.com. Do not get it from Filefront as they only have the old versions.

As for other files from Filefront: Check this post to see if your country is on the list. If it is, you won't be able to get your files from Filefront / Gamefront. I've also heard Google Chrome's configuration might also hinder downloads from Filefront as well.




Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #11
Prectatorium
Lurker
 
Prectatorium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6
Game Front File Hosting FAQ no explanation whatsoever.

Anyways mods downloaded and installed... I really appreciate you guys doing all this to improve my gaming experience... that or I'm just deluded...

And I also hope this thread isn't going TO much off topic...


And so, therefore, itís so important to consider this question: What do I desire?


"because, if you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you will spend your life completely wasting your time.
Youíll be doing things you donít like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you donít like doing, which is stupid."

Alan Wilson Watts (6 January 1915 Ė 16 November 1973)
Prectatorium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #12
Sith Holocron
M4-78
 
Sith Holocron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pasadena, MD(Nar Shaddaa East)
Posts: 1,323
Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Let us know if you get that mod of yours working!




Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #13
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer
 
Fair Strides 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Oregon, United States
Posts: 557
Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prectatorium View Post
Game Front File Hosting FAQ no explanation whatsoever.

Anyways mods downloaded and installed... I really appreciate you guys doing all this to improve my gaming experience... that or I'm just deluded...

And I also hope this thread isn't going TO much off topic...
Well, if you read the read-mes(it's ironic how many people don't read a file whose title is "read-me"), you'd find that M4-78EP took what little info was in the game files and re-made a droid planet, and TSLRCM 1.8.2 restores a lot of missing lines, removed content, and options. For example, in the old TSL HK-47 mentioned a droid factory, but you never visited it. Now it's there for you.


All of my mods are available on Deadlystream.

Always remember modders: "Quality= Effort*Time"

KSE 3.3.4 is LIVE!!! Check it out here.

Check out WalkSwitch, the Walkmesh-changing tool!
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #14
Prectatorium
Lurker
 
Prectatorium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Strides 2 View Post
Well, if you read the read-mes(it's ironic how many people don't read a file whose title is "read-me"), you'd find that M4-78EP took what little info was in the game files and re-made a droid planet, and TSLRCM 1.8.2 restores a lot of missing lines, removed content, and options. For example, in the old TSL HK-47 mentioned a droid factory, but you never visited it. Now it's there for you.
@Fair Strides 2

I was talking about the country restrictions mentioned on Sith Holocron's previous post.

And I do read the "read-me's"... they usually have the best info

As for your peace of code
Show spoiler

It's working nicely, don't know why I didn't get it right the first times (yes plural).

Though I did this
Show spoiler


But I still have the issue with every other creature.

I noticed something though, when the script didn't have the distinguished part specific for the party (and now for the npc's part), in specific parts of a map, it would work. Say I would move a bit and a party member would be where I once was, and it would buff that member, and/or an npc passing by.

This looks pretty standard in the "k_inc_force" file...
PHP Code:
oCreature GetFirstObjectInShape SHAPE_SPHEREfRangeGetLocation OBJECT_SELF ), FALSEOBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE );

while ( 
GetIsObjectValid oCreature ) ) {

    (...)

    
oCreature GetNextObjectInShape SHAPE_SPHEREfRangeGetLocation OBJECT_SELF ), FALSEOBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE );


I don't know.


And so, therefore, itís so important to consider this question: What do I desire?


"because, if you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you will spend your life completely wasting your time.
Youíll be doing things you donít like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you donít like doing, which is stupid."

Alan Wilson Watts (6 January 1915 Ė 16 November 1973)
Prectatorium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > TSl script with All In

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.