lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Reccomended Mods For KotOR & TSL?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-19-2005, 07:58 AM   #1
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Since DI made the below monster post on the "Best mods" for KotOR in this thread, I've moved the relevant section of his post here, as I'm sure many of you will find it useful -- j7

I'll try and break this down into small sections, from which you can take your pick, really... I will say that these are chiefly mods I either use or intend to use on my next run-through, barring one or two of the storyline/restoration mods. I'm going to try and pick out as few mods as I can, so this is a very personal and subjective list.

KotOR I
Skins & Textures
Power Overwhelming by NiuHaka - absolutely brilliant, and newly released.
Male Head Pack by Inyri - less overall wow, but a wide selection and some nice choices, nevertheless.

90SK's K1 Robes by 90SK - really, really nice robe reskins, but don't miss the patch for this mod.

Models
Weapons of the Old Republic by T7Nowhere, Mono and svosh - fantastic models, and a lot of them, too.

Scripting/Other
K1 Force Pack by Star Admiral - Some nice new Force powers.

All In One Force Power Mod by Darth333, tk102, Darth Khasei, beancounter, Andargor, & KnightFxr - huge number of Force Powers, and for a long time the Force Power mod for the game. In many ways, it still is.

Storyline/Dungeon/etc
ORD Mandell by RedHawke - what can I say? It adds a new planet to the game. A bit more on the dungeon-crawl side than I like, but it's still a challenging, fun mod.

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge by Silveredge9 - to my knowledge, the biggest story mod for K1 to date. Not a huge fan of it myself, but a lot of people do rate it rather highly, the visuals are good, and it's huge by comparison to most mods for the KotORs.

Korriban Crystal Cave by Agent Xim - small, but fun addition. Conflicts with ORD Mandell, so be sure to get the patch from AX's site.

Tomb of Jesset Dal'Kest by Darkkender - really, really tough to beat! Worth it if you like a challenge, though.

Other
Animated Launcher for KotOR I by Glovemaster - really, really nice launcher.

General Authors-To-Check-Out-All-Their-Stuff List
Prime, T7Nowhere, Silveredge9, RedHawke, Darth333, Mono_Giganto, Svosh, NiuHaka, oldflash, Achilles, Shem, glovemaster, Quanon, tk102, SithSpecter, deathdisco, Darkkender, anyone else I've forgotten at the moment.

TSL
Skins & Textures
Force Fashion II by jonathan7, Marius Fett and EnderWiggin - since j7 will murder me if this isn't in, I'll put it here. Really, really nice robe reskins on offer.

NiuHaka has released several heads for TSL which are really worth looking at, and 90SK has released a variety of TSL robe mods. Both are slightly more than I want to copy out at this point, but if you click their name in the links to their mods above, you should be able to bring up a list of their other works.

Models
Ultimate Saber Mod by ChAiNz.2da, Darth333, T7Nowhere, svosh, and Seprithro - Bit of a must, really - beautiful weapons on offer here.

Final Touch by oldflash - some other really nice stuff. Happily these two mods seem to be (more-or-less) compatible.

Onderon Museum Upgrade by Mono_Giganto - replaces some of the items in the Onderon Museum with stuff that's a bit more unique and a lot cooler.

Scripting/Other
High Level Force Powers by stoffe - really, really great stuff from the stoffe, and don't miss the 2.1 patch, either!

Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection by ChAiNz et al. - an awesome blend of scripting and skinning, this is a fantastic mod and an absolute must-have.

Storyline/Dungeon/etc

Darksword by ChAiNz.2da - a small addition, perhaps, but another nice, innovative and fun one, that also brings something to the table - in this case, something like-but-not-a-lightsaber, without altering the game's plot too substantially.

Recruitable Dustil by PrincessArtemis - I have to admit, I've never completed a playthrough with this one, but it's reputation is as the best-written recruit mod out there, and what I have played with it certainly confirms that reputation.

Coruscant by deathdisco - the first planet mod for TSL. Need I say more?

M4-78 by DStoney - the closest restoration of the droid planet to what Obsidian intended. Whether that's a good thing or not is really a matter of taste.

Droid Planet Mod by Darth Shan - a less 'close' and more interpretative restoration.

TSLRCM DStoney and zbyl2's restoration mod. Not compatible with DStoney's M4-78.

TSL Story Mod by Darth Shan - expands the game a little with some after-end material and some stuff on Nihilus' ship, from what I recall.

Combat Simulation Arena by stoffe - really, really fun and often quite challenging arena mod.

Learning the Ways of the Force by Darth333 - a wonderful mod, which adds a 'Floating Lightsabers' power, just like Kreia uses. You learn it in-game, rather than having it available at the selection screen, which is a nice touch, IMO.

Other

Multi-Stim by ChAiNz.2da - four stims in one; saves a huge amount of time buffing before battle, and can be made at the workbench.

Bao-Dur's Charged Armor by ChAiNz.2da - I was slightly at a loss as to where to put this, but it's a fun, useful and well-integrated mod that makes Bao-Dur a bit less death-prone. What more could you ask?

Realistic Nar Shadaa Skybox by Sharen Thrawn - makes the skybox a bit brighter and fuller. Altogether an improvement, I think.

Disappearing Rubat Crystal Fix by Karstedt - This fixes, you will be surprised to hear, a bug where the Rubat Crystal would disappear... very useful, if not terribly exciting. (Also available here )

Glovemaster's Animated Launcher by Glovemaster - another really nice, animated launcher from GM.

General Authors-To-Check-Out-All-Their-Stuff List
Darth333, stoffe, T7Nowhere, Prime, Mono, svosh, Shem, Glovemaster, ChAiNz, 90SK, NiuHaka, jonathan7, SpaceAlex, deathdisco, RedHawke, and many others, I'm sure, who for the moment escape me.

As to where, aside from KotORFiles, I'd check the "Where can I find mods?" thread in Holowan.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?

Last edited by Darth InSidious; 07-27-2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Added new link for rubat fix -- DI
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
darox
Lurker

Question must have mods for kotor1 ?

Due to a flurry of posts like this, I have created this sticky...

From my post below;

Quote:
Originally Posted by j7
Below are a list of various threads in the Game Discussion bit of the forums regarding good mods to have in a game;

KotOR;

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...highlight=mods

TSL;

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...highlight=Mods

The community awards section, which will be updated shortly for the 2008 awards features the best mods as voted by the modders themselves; http://www.starwarsknights.com/mod_week.php

At KotOR Files there are the recommended mods for that week on the main page; www.kotorfiles.com

Should members of the community feel free to posts their reccomended lists here, please do
Hi all,

i want to start a new game of kotor and i would like to mod my game with some new stuff. (played the game a couple years ago but did not finished it)

i allready looked for myself and found some mods i think which could be a good addition to the game. (more points to spent for level up and a mod called wotor with some new wepons)

but there are so many mods out there, i need your help

What Mods are a must have in your opinion? (weapon and armor mods, maybe a texture mod or interface/inventory mods, all welcome)

thanks for your time

/edit: are there any mod mega packs?

Last edited by jonathan7; 04-04-2009 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Updating
darox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by darox View Post
are there any mod mega packs?
TSL Holowan Plugin and Final Touch. (I'm pretty sure that you can't use them together, though)
Giant Graffiti is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
darox
Lurker

these are both TSL mods

i finished TSL but not KOTOR (1) so thats why i want to play the older game
darox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
ShinDangaioh
Rookie

Taris Lower City Restoration
Black Vulkar Base Restoration
Shadowlands Restoration
Yavin IV mod
Brotherhood of Shadow mod
(with BoS get the Keep Bastilla's Slave Outfit mod and then use KSE to alter Matilda to have Battle Meditation and then stick the slave outfit on Matilda before heading off to the Star Forge. That takes care of the one bump in Brotherhood of Shadow)
ShinDangaioh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2009, 11:48 PM   #6
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Current Game: Skyrim
Cool Guy My taste ...

My suggestions, but there's A LOT of stuff there ...

Brotherhood of Shadow
Recruitable Kay
Restoration of Black Vulkar base
Exar Kun's tomb mod
Inyri's Melee Pack
Operation Kill Bastila! v14
Playable Rattataki x13 for K1
Desert Eagle Mod v 1.0 (SithSpecter)
Canderous' Mandalorian items (idem)

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Mandalorian camo Armors in-game http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204159
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2009, 06:26 AM   #7
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Hrmm...I'm sure there is probably already a few threads along the lines of this one. I know there are for TSL at any rate. Perhaps a stickied list of recommended mods for both games as voted by users would be a good idea? [EDIT: Thanks to J7 for making a sticky]

My recommended K1 mods:

Eliminate Turret Mini-Game by Kitty Kitty

Bastila Romance Glitch Fix v2 by Darth Shan

Bastila's Extra Dialogue on Tatooine by SpaceAlex

Realistic Visual Effects by Shem

Movie Lightsaber Hilts by oldflash

Sith Troopers to Stormtroopers/Clonetroopers by Prime/bneezy/Xavier2/[STGN]Locutus/AOTC/TC

Skippable Mannan Security Warnings by Darth333

Movie Style Jedi Robes by Prime/Xavier2

My recommended TSL mods:

Influence & Party XP Fix v1.2 by HouseOfAmon & Lit Ridl (part of the HOA Mod Pack)

Realistic Visual Effects by Shem

Imperial Stormtroopers by Prime/bneezy/Xavier2/[STGN]Locutus/AOTC/TC (there is also a Clone Troopers version if you prefer)

Mira-Hanharr Choice by Tupac Amaru

Non-Plastic Aliens by T7nowhere

Less Annoying Workbenches by Achilles

High Level Force Powers v2 plus the v2.1 patch by stoffe

More TSL mods found in this thread - http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=192719 (perhaps merge them together J7?)

Last edited by DarthParametric; 04-04-2009 at 09:28 AM.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2009, 07:24 AM   #8
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Reccomended Mods For KotOR & TSL?

Below are a list of various threads in the Game Discussion bit of the forums regarding good mods to have in a game;

KotOR;

TSL;

The community awards section, which will be updated shortly for the 2008 awards features the best mods as voted by the modders themselves; http://www.starwarsknights.com/mod_week.php

At KotOR Files there are the recommended mods for that week on the main page; www.kotorfiles.com

Should members of the community feel free to posts their reccomended lists here, please do

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran

Last edited by jonathan7; 04-04-2009 at 07:30 AM.
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2009, 07:49 AM   #9
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Most of the mods I can recommend are ones that almost everyone else will, but i'll post them anyway.

KotOR:

Brotherhood of Shadow
WotOR
New Soldier Clothing
Bastila on Korriban

and

TSL:

Force Fashion
Combat Suit Replacement
Final Touch [Though admittedly, I only use the lightsaber models]
Bodies Stay

These are my top 4 mods for both games.

[I tend to stay away from things like USM, as there's not really enough time to collect anything.]

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #10
Jedi_Man
Forumite

Current Game: Too many to count
Dude, I've downloaded so much! Heres my list.
Sithspecters:
Desert Eagle
Minigun
WW2 weapons
Canderous Items
M16
E-varmints:
M107
m1.6
ak4.7
Sonic Pistol
Inyri Forge:
Mp5
Socom
Deldrimor sword
emerald sword
Repulsor shields
Melee pack
Now the stuff by people whos names i've forgot:
WOTOR
Carths republic clothing
Clothes to republic armor
Republic commando armor
HK-47- Assassin droid
Brotherhood of shadow ( including the updates)
Holowan Spire
BLue eyes for male heads
movie Saber hilts
Westar
Real Vibrolblade
souledge
soulcalibur
Scatter pistol
T21
90sk's super content ( just through it in, I know his name)
call of aid
carth the cheater
Death Charge 9000
Cerberus
Exar kun double saber
Kyle Katarns lightsaber
Yavin 4 mod ( lets you go to yavin 4)
Halo Energy sword
Jedi Fight Training

---------------------------------------------------
Deep thought #1: In the end, everyone dies. No one can outrun time, death itself is always breathing down your neck, just waiting to slip the noose over you. But, in your time of death, what matters is not when or how or even why. What matters is what you do with it. Do you sit down and call it quits, or do you get up, stare your killer and death itself in the face, and laugh copiously, right until the end.
Jedi_Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #11
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Fett View Post
Most of the mods I can recommend are ones that almost everyone else will, but i'll post them anyway.

Combat Suit Replacement
I am flattered Marius, not too many people have seen that mod.

The mods I recommend are:

KotOR:
The Brotherhood of shadows

TSL:
Final Touch

I don't use many mods anymore, mostly just ones I make for personal use.

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #12
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
My Recommendations (some of the stuff I'd recommend like BOS and WOTOR are already listed by others so I'll omit them):

Improved AI by stoffe
*all reskins* by Darth Jaden
Darth Nihilus - Lord of Hunger by Dewton
Sith Officers to Imperial Officers by ?
M4-78RP and all patches and movies by DStoney
Bastilla Improvement Project by ? (yes I know this gives her a boob job, but it also improves her lip model and fixes her appearance in certain armors and clothes so bear with me...)
TSL:UR Final by zbyl2

I want to say USM but that mod needs some work.

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #13
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
Jedi Temple Mod?

HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #14
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

I've recently done a fresh install of TSL, and i'm now using a brand new mod configuration which i'm happy with.

The mods i'm using now are:

Combat Suit Uniforms by RedRob

Disciple Reskin by Me

Final Touch by Oldflash

(I'm only using the lightsaber models. I'm not using the green lightsaber model Oldflash made with this mod however, I replaced it with the Luke Skywalker RotJ hilt he included in his hilt replacement pack instead).

Kreia Hood Down by Shem

Playable Dopak by Shem
(I've replaced the clothing skin that Shem made with a different skin by 90SK. This is the one Shem included:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...s/File/90937/3
The one I replaced it with is the one on the top left here:
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...s/File/87944/3

It goes better with Dopak's appearance, I feel).

Realistic Nar Shaddaa Skybox by Sharen Thrawn

Svosh's Robe Collar Fix by Svosh (duh)

Sith Armour by Shem

Super Skip Peragus by SuperSquall (Yeah, I hate Peragus ).

Visas Marr Reskin by Me

----------

All these mods can be found on KotORFiles.

(Except svosh's, and my own two that is. I haven't uploaded mine there yet.

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2009, 05:27 PM   #15
HardcoreGarrett
Rookie

Help finding fixes/improvement's for TSL

I'm starting TSL again and want to know if the is a list of fixes and graphics improvement's mods? I've got:

Xarwarz's Enhanced Graphics 2009 IBL Final

Edit: Anyone used this patch/mod?

KotOR 2 - TSL (patch 1.0c xenon final)

Hell is empty, And all the devils are here.
I lose, there for I win.

Last edited by RedHawke; 06-25-2009 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Combining double post...
HardcoreGarrett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #16
DrPhil321
Lurker

I've just added the Male Faces for kotor, and darth maul look brilliant. but I can't seem to find the horns. I've used the cheat

"giveitem g_i_zhorns4" and I can't get the horns.

I've also used KSE but it's not in the inventory.....

But I have Mauls face.
DrPhil321 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #17
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Don't add "g_i_" to the filename. Just type "zhorns4" without the quotes.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2011, 12:19 AM   #18
DrPhil321
Lurker

HOOZAH! It worked! Does this mod also work for TSL or do I have to go find a different Maul Mod, because this is beautiful!
DrPhil321 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2011, 07:24 AM   #19
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Retoring Knights of the Old Republic II Fileplanet blog...

This article (click me) on Fileplanet features five highly recommended mods for Knights of the Old Republic game (and download links). They are;

1. The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod by DStoney and zbyl2
2. Force Fashion II Mod by Jonathan7, Ender Wiggin + Maruis Fett
3. Ultimate Saber Mod by ChAiNz.2da, Darth333,Seprithro, svösh, and T7nowhere
4. Final Touch Mod by Oldflash
5. Recruitable Dustil Mod by Princess Artemis and Jiara

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #20
daerragh
Lurker

Moved to new thread. This post may be deleted.

Last edited by daerragh; 07-25-2013 at 03:27 PM.
daerragh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Reccomended Mods For KotOR & TSL?