lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Weird Ebon Hawk Issues
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
Fair Strides 2

Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
Weird Ebon Hawk Issues

Yeah, like it says. I managed to replace the tutorial Ebon Hawk with the normal hawk, but there's a problem that cropped up.

If you leave the hawk and try to re-enter it, the game freezes while saving, before it loads the module. If you load the autosave that is still generated, the game freezes while loading.

I believe the issue is because I copied the module. Would changing the area tag and names of the .git, .are, and .ifo fix the issue, assuming I extracted and renamed the .vis and .lyt accordingly?

Has anyone else ever encountered a similar issue? I imagine this might be answered by Logan23, HarIII, and/or Trex.

Always remember modders: "Quality= Effort*Time"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
Hi! I messaged him on Facebook and got this answer: "Sure if he wants to release a new KSE, no problem. I'm surprised he was able to find all the perl modules. I released them a long time ago but they were buried somewhere in the KSE thread." So, go for it--please give him credit for the original work, though!
KSE 3.3.4 is LIVE!!! Check it out here.

12/13/13 -- Fixed KSE 3.3.4 bugs. Please check the above link.
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
supreme kotor

Current Game: Modding.. Wait is that a game?
In kotor .mod takes priority over the original module. So why can't you just take the .are and .ifo of the normal Ebon hawk. Then take the charecters, placeables, sounds, etc...and the .git from the tutorial Ebon hawk, compile that into a .mod and if should work fine.

Current WIP: Learning to mod Kotor
supreme kotor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
Fair Strides 2

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by supreme kotor View Post
In kotor .mod takes priority over the original module. So why can't you just take the .are and .ifo of the normal Ebon hawk. Then take the charecters, placeables, sounds, etc...and the .git from the tutorial Ebon hawk, compile that into a .mod and if should work fine.
1. The game seems to hate me combining .rims into .mod...

2. And the object of the exercise was to completely replace the tutorial with a barebones version of the normal hawk. That works fine, but the normal hawk is broken...

Quote:
Hi! I messaged him on Facebook and got this answer: "Sure if he wants to release a new KSE, no problem. I'm surprised he was able to find all the perl modules. I released them a long time ago but they were buried somewhere in the KSE thread." So, go for it--please give him credit for the original work, though!

Old 08-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
harIII
Veteran

Helpful! 
Try it without changing the prefixes in the .are, .git, and .ifo files. That is unless you already hex edited it so that you can skin it without changing the original Ebon Hawk. Then when you compile it, use whatever name you want for the .mod file, in this case I believe it is 001ebo.mod.
harIII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
Fair Strides 2

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by harIII View Post
Try it without changing the prefixes in the .are, .git, and .ifo files. That is unless you already hex edited it so that you can skin it without changing the original Ebon Hawk. Then when you compile it, use whatever name you want for the .mod file, in this case I believe it is 001ebo.mod.
Okay. Could you PM me with the steps? All I did was extract everything, rename the .rims to 001EBO instead of 003EBO. Then edited the inside files to what I wanted to happen. Only after I got it working in-game was it discovered that 003EBO was freezing...

Quote:

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Weird Ebon Hawk Issues