lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Issuing commands on troops
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-21-2013, 06:09 AM   #1
maltron66
Rookie

Issuing commands on troops

So, what I'm thinking of here is crazy and there's probably no way to achieve this. However, I'd like to share my idea, seeing that modders have created other crazy stuff, like "Fake Console", so why not?
Anyway, I'll cut to the chase now...
Is there a way to create an in-game menu that will allow you to command your troops during battles? Like, ordering them to cease fire, fire at will, engage a specific target, flank enemies from left/right, follow you, stay put and fall back?

Last edited by maltron66; 12-21-2013 at 04:50 PM.
maltron66 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
DuckfromPortal
Rookie

Current Game: TSL
Huh, that sounds quite difficult so kind of like how in mass effect you can make your squad members move to certain places?

Quack
DuckfromPortal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #3
maltron66
Rookie

That's right, and not just that... more like in Operation Flashpoint, where you can order your troops anything you wish.
maltron66 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
DuckfromPortal
Rookie

Current Game: TSL
I think you'd have to make it so either you always had a squad (like a four man squad to spawn) which would be difficult and cut out the follow command and make it so the buttons for follow and stuff were changed to make those other commands, which would make it an inefficient way to do it, although then you could have four man squads of ai as well who fight which would add a bit of strategy anyways, or you could make it so its a sort of hotkey type deal maybe

Quack
DuckfromPortal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > Modding & Editing > Issuing commands on troops