lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: T3M4's Shock Arm for KOTOR 1
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-09-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
djh269
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor 1
T3M4's Shock Arm for KOTOR 1

Hello all,

I was thinking of making the T3M4's Shock Arm for KOTOR 1. I have initially saved the k_sup_droid.nss file from TSL with the script to give me a start on how to do it. But I have read somewhere that TSL's scripts don't work with KOTOR 1. Is there any scripting tutorials that I can use to be able to make the script from scratch? Or has anybody got any hints?

Many thanks.
djh269 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #2
Malxados
Rookie

Current Game: Warframe, SC Blacklist, KOTOR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by djh269 View Post
But I have read somewhere that TSL's scripts don't work with KOTOR 1.
As far as this issue, I think you can try using the same source scripts, just compile it as a K1 script instead of a TSL script. The syntax should be largely the same, but there may be some things like individual functions that they don't have in common.

Now, you may want to create it a script from scratch in this particular case for no reason other than to safely avoid porting, in which case you may find this tutorial on scripting a force power useful.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8, NKJV)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23, NKJV)

Ask me about my sig!

Bao-Dur: I'll take the one who was stupid enough to threaten us instead of shoot us when he had the chance.

k_inc_force bothers me.
Malxados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #3
Christos K
Forumite

Great idea. I've always thought that if T3M4 had more useful tools people wouldn't just ditch him after Taris. Careful not to port.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2014, 07:27 PM   #4
djh269
Rookie

Smile

I like the idea of using the k_sup_droid script from TSL as a reference point, however I did also intended to use that script to build up my knowledge of creating a script; as I am a newbie. I've been able to track down the visual effects 2da line for EffectVisualEffect line (VFX_PRO_LIGHTNING_S), the EffectDamage (DAMAGE_TYPE_ELECTRICAL), the EffectBeam from the visual effects 2da (2066). I'm looking for a bit of insight into putting all of the lines that I want into one script, and also how to start and end the script.

If I can start with the basics, it will lead me to creating some more advanced and funky mods.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:35 PM   #5
Malxados
Rookie

Current Game: Warframe, SC Blacklist, KOTOR1
Quote:
I'm looking for a bit of insight into putting all of the lines that I want into one script
In addition to the tutorial I linked to in my previous post, you should check out some of the scripting tutorials.

Quote:
and also how to start and end the script
Not sure what exactly you mean; are you just referring to scripting syntax, or actually firing/running the script at the right time?

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8, NKJV)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23, NKJV)

Ask me about my sig!

Bao-Dur: I'll take the one who was stupid enough to threaten us instead of shoot us when he had the chance.

k_inc_force bothers me.
Malxados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2014, 04:43 AM   #6
djh269
Rookie

Basically the scripting syntax, and how it is all layed out.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > T3M4's Shock Arm for KOTOR 1