lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Fan film...in the concepts stage...
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2002, 07:08 AM   #1
SST_Brink

Smile Fan film...in the concepts stage...

Hello to all of you Dig enthusiasts...

I guess I am the first in my group to let you all know that a Dig fan film is sorta in the works. We haven't gotten too far in it's creation, and it is still sorta in the concepts stage. I am in the midst of adapting the novel into a screenplay for our personal use, and others are working on the CG aspects of what lies ahead (Cocytus looks nothing like any place on Earth) or drawing concept art for the nasty creatures of the aforementioned alien world.

I, for one, hope that this project will not be dropped or abandoned before it is completed. If completed, it would be the first live-action representation of the novel in existence. As for legal stuff, I think since we are not intending to sell the fan film, or display it on TV/Internet, etc., the legal issues should be okay. Feel free to correct me on the details of this if you like. We are considering this a private film right now, but I expect a lot of you will be most eager to see it yourselves. In that case, I think we would need legal permission, etc. I hope we will be able to handle all of this...

Anyway, The Dig has been something I have wanted to see as a movie for a long time. I know Spielberg tried to do it, so it would seem that such a task would be completely impossible for me and my friends. You would be surprised at what can be accomplished when one is truly determined to acheive their dream. This is one of my dreams, I guess. I will remain enthusiastic about the project and will work as hard as I can to make it a reality. I only hope the fan film becomes as good as it has the potential to be.

I suspect that we will spend two years in making this film, and much may change in that time. At this point in the beginning stage, I see no reason to give up, for one will never complete a long journey without taking the first step.

Just keeping you all informed, I hope my friends don't kill me for saying all of this...I'm not sure how involved they are in this...Feel free to give input, feedback, and ask questions, but please--keep it constructive and not destructive.

- Soren

Boston: Ludger?

Ludger: It would have to be, wouldn't it, Commander?!
SST_Brink is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > The Dig Museum > General > General Discussion > Fan film...in the concepts stage...