lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Should the echo effect be taken off the City Archives?
Nope. Gives the room good depth. 1 25.00%
I can\'t understand a damn word their saying. 1 25.00%
Doesn\'t matter either way 2 50.00%
I notice you\'re still using the same crash sound effect! 2 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Tierra de los Muertos, Part IV
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-30-2002, 01:14 PM   #1
MJ
Lemonade

LFN Staff Member 
Tierra de los Muertos, Part IV

What I'd mostly like to know for this part is if you think the echo effect should be removed from the part in the City Archives. It could be a little annoying, or too hard to understand. Your opinions count!

The part of the Great Sage was played by Godfrey Tanner, who passed away on the 10th July. He'll be missed.

Want some funny radio plays?
Nightlight Productions
All Night Long
MJ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2002, 09:22 AM   #2
Crocodilic
Rookie

I cant say i really noticed the Echo effect - I did think that the bloke sounded like Slarty Bartfast from HHGG. Still waiting for the Cast photos etc!!

Crocodilic

http://monkeyclub.mixnmojo.com
Mixnmojo - All you need to know about lack of servers.

This is a Signature Virus - Please help me spread by making it your Signature too!
Crocodilic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2002, 06:23 PM   #3
GendoTheGreat
What a crock

It makes my speakers crackle.

Jolly good.
GendoTheGreat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2002, 09:16 AM   #4
Gabez

I liked the echo effect. It made the audience know for certain where the characters were, and that kind of thing can only be good in my opinion.

I think Part 4 is my favoruite part so far... keep it up! :)
Gabez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2002, 10:28 AM   #5
Sanspoof

I think the echo gives the City thingy a bit of depth, but yes, they are pretty difficult to understand. And frankly, I also think that there's a teeny tiny problem in understanding the difference between Number 2 and the other guy. The mafia one. I can't tell who's speaking really. I think that there should be some way in explaining all this, maybe a comic strip or possibly a way of saying how Number 2 got to the LOTD anyway. It's all sooooooooo confusing...
Sanspoof is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2002, 12:38 PM   #6
Crocodilic
Rookie

I think thats kinda the point. Having the echo just makes you listen more intensly. As for the comic strip, I think thats a bad idea because its suppose to be a radio show. Undoubtably the more episodes you listen to the clearer things will become or at least clear enough to not require information about characters' pasts. If you explained the entire life/deaths of everyone who was anyone in the radio play we would have 100episodes!

Crocodilic

http://monkeyclub.mixnmojo.com
Mixnmojo - All you need to know about lack of servers.

This is a Signature Virus - Please help me spread by making it your Signature too!
Crocodilic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2002, 11:20 PM   #7
MJ
Lemonade

LFN Staff Member 
Sanspoof, did you download the other parts?

Part 1 actually features the death of Tomas Encion (the fast talking mafia guy) , while Part 2 explains how number 2, a mortal, came to be in the land of the dead. Needless to say, it's a silly explanation.

Personally, I won't draw it up as a comic strip because I don't have the patience to do it. If you want to see my drawing efforts, my online comic, 'My Unimatrix', is here:
My Unimatrix

But if somebody wants to draw it up just for the fun of it (wonder if Paco Vink has the next ten years free?) then I won't protest.

Want some funny radio plays?
Nightlight Productions
All Night Long
MJ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > Hosted Forums > Nightlight Productions > Tierra de los Muertos, Part IV