lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: OLD - WIP: Masters of the Force
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2002, 07:26 PM   #1
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

WIP: Masters of the Force

Introduction

I've unofficially cancelled Jedi Styles until Stellarwind shows back up. Until then, I'm starting a Mod in the same vain of trying to boost the realism of the game in general. The official title is Star Wars: Masters of the Force. I'm aiming for a two staged modification schedule. Stage One will involve reworking the game mechanics for more realism. Stage Two will involve adding a experience / leveling system to the game for a more flexible and fun game experience. Eventually, I'm aiming for a Mod capable of recreating the movie battles in a way that is as fun and realistic as possible.

Update 10/13/02: We've changed to a simple progressive implimentation plan. The design changes enough stuff that a multi-stage implimentation plan would require rewrites inbetween stages. :P

Help/Job Requirements

I will accept help in basically any area and experience level. The only ground rules I have are:
[list=1][*]I have the final say on any aspect on the project but only to keep the project on track. [*]Documentation! Documentation! Documentation![*]All reasonable effort will be made to properly credit anyone who contributes.[*]Use common sense.[*]Be nice.[*]Have fun. [*]You must have enough time to work on the Mod on a regular basis AND communicate frequently with the other of the staff.[/list=1]

Source Code

We've discussed being a Open Source Mod, and we've changed our policy on it. The game will no longer be open source. Instead, we're going with a source code "on request" system.

If you have an good or interesting use for the code, contact us. Depending on our opinion of the idea, we'll:[list=A][*]Let you have the code for PERSONAL USE ONLY.[*]Impliment your idea as the official release. With your help, of course. [*]Reject the idea.[/list=A]
After the team has gotten tired/bored/etc. of the project, we WILL open source the code to the community so others can continue our work if they wish.

We feel the community is currently being segmented by a continuous flow of cut-and-paste Mods. The community needs 4 different versions of JediMod like a sub needs a screen door. While most of these cut-and-paste Mods DO have their high points, they needlessly split the servers and members of the community. What we need is ONE version of each distinct Mod to keep the fragmentation down and that's what MotF is doing. In exchange for an non-open source project, we will try to be as openminded about new ideas as possible.

Final Thoughts

That's it. If you have any suggestions / complaints / bug reports / etc. please post them here, PM me, or email me or another member of the Mod's staff. Thank you.

As for the current status of ideas, work, etc. just tuned to this thread.

Copyright Note

Please don't rip ideas, source, etc. without my permission or until we officially release stuff as Open Source.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder

Last edited by razorace; 10-13-2002 at 08:46 PM.
razorace is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Masters of the Force > OLD - WIP: Masters of the Force