lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: JK2 Video!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-14-2002, 02:10 AM   #41
Absurd

Quote:
Originally posted by TK_Nutritious
the reason you only get up to 90 fps is because that is the cap set on the quake engine, there's a console command to raise the cap higher but I can't remember it off the top of my head. you're actually getting more frames then that, it's just the meter doesn't go that high
/com_maxfps ###

I used to be an atheist, until I realized that John Carmack is god, and Quake 3 is heaven.
Absurd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2002, 03:36 AM   #42
Deetox187

Quote:
Originally posted by pik-ard

1) when you shot the guy down the long hall, how the h*** did you do that? it seemed as if you knew exactly when he would appear, and i didnt catch any little yellow figure behind the wall, indicating you were using force sight. how did you do that?!
One of his teammates probably sent out a warning that an enemy was coming that way. (great shot regardless)

btw heres an old Quake3 vid that is very similar to this one, the link can take awhile to load but its fast once it gets going.

http://www.clanvikings.org/download/...ke/cEq3Avi.zip
Deetox187 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2002, 03:59 AM   #43
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
cool vid, and that long rocket shot is one in a million, i swear to god, he is on lucky dood to hit that...

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2002, 04:38 AM   #44
TK_Nutritious

heh about that long rocket shot, yes it was a guess

as I was returning about halfway back enemy grabs flag, I headed to rocket side to see if he went that way. not there, checked middle, not there, checked rockets, still not there - he had to be going repeater side. so I kinda just guessed when he'd reach the corner, and well, hit him dead on lol

I just watched the video and i see what you're talking about, that thing up there is the secondary fire of bowcaster, if you watch above me before I do wall float, you can see the guy shooting it in that direciton. from that far away I guess it could look like a character (though you actually CAN get up there in warring factions)
TK_Nutritious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2002, 05:26 AM   #45
Deetox187

That was one hell of a guess man, i've done similar things in the past but never caught it on a demo.
Deetox187 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2002, 06:34 AM   #46
JEDI OUTCAST

my video is going to be better.

JEDI OUTCAST

JEDI OUTCAST is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2002, 12:03 PM   #47
pik-ard

Quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Spy
yes i believe i do......you need like geekplayer to run it and ofc q2....its in demo format? u have these?
nope

Quote:
Originally posted by TK_Nutritious
I just watched the video and i see what you're talking about, that thing up there is the secondary fire of bowcaster, if you watch above me before I do wall float, you can see the guy shooting it in that direciton. from that far away I guess it could look like a character (though you actually CAN get up there in warring factions)
well now im off to watch the video 8 more times to see if i can see the guy fire the shot
pik-ard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2002, 01:34 PM   #48
Jedi Spy
Banned

Ok i will try track down my old clan and see if they have it in mpeg or flash format for ya
Jedi Spy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2002, 02:38 PM   #49
TK_Nutritious

*bump*

sorry couldn't resist
Old 09-16-2002, 07:20 PM   #50
Elijah
"ZDawg"

If i had HALF the lucky/awsome things i've seen/done you guys would have a movie you'd never forget! i'll name afew:
Me and afew Clan buddys are fighting in a duel... me being one of the few LIGHT jedis had to use Sight on them, as i was running around my freind gave up looking and just walked around... i ran around a corner and my sight went off and at that same second he try'd a DFA... guess what! HE NAILED ME DEAD ON! KILL TO THE HEAD! LUCKAYBABAY!
Or when i was playing CTF in a 20 player server (packed BTW) and 6 of them were at my flag waiting for me to comeback and score... so they had there backs to eachother doing the janitor move making it imposible for me to do anything... i grabed a rocket and knocked 2 of them off the egde i then pulled my saber out and slashed down 2 of them while pushing 2 of the edge and SCOREING THE WINNING POINT... if only i had 'em on demos

some funny ones have been when i'm running down a hallway with a flag and 4 guys on my back spamming the flatchet i stop and they all come crashing into my back when i do the lameyetfunbackslashandkillall4ofthem move :P

"If you want a better economy, fire a democrat."
Elijah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2002, 02:17 AM   #51
Elijah
"ZDawg"

Forgive my lame question but I've been gone for 2 months and have not touched JO till today, that little Bounce-off-the-wall-fly-back-up thing... hows it work?

BTW thats once heck of an Aim! I see you have good taste in gamemodes (CTF rocks )

"If you want a better economy, fire a democrat."
Elijah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2002, 01:07 PM   #52
TK_Nutritious

the wall float in WF is a move I made up, if you see me around in game I can show it to you
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > JK2 Video!!