lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: GF2 Storyline?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-22-2002, 02:12 PM   #41
Sanspoof

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!

Well, actually, I don't know. But wouldn't a prequel be rather short? I mean, not much would happen with Sal and the game would be dull. A game of Manny would be just too short. Things in Rubacava? Hmmm... not so sure, but I kinda think it's a good idea. There could be plenty of action sequences.

But what about the REST of the Land of the Dead? Surely the Land of the Dead can't be as small as it is in the game! After all, there must be loads of places in the Land of the Dead if it takes a whole year to get from Rubacava to Pueorto Zapato.

But I really think that there could be a way to get Manny out of the Ninth Underworld! Maybe some evil conspiracy uses an evil spell to get him out, which I think was suggested somewhere on this thread.

So I don't know. How about a poll?
Sanspoof is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2002, 02:51 PM   #42
GendoTheGreat
What a crock

I think the subject is a little broad for a poll. Maybe a poll on a basic genre preference would be a better idea.

Jolly good.
GendoTheGreat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2002, 02:56 PM   #43
scabb
zo

Quote:
Originally posted by Isis Kaldara
Who cares? As long as they make the sequel with the original voices and a totally awesome storyline, while at the same time creating a new exciting plotline...

I'll be sound as a pound, baby...

*Giggles and can't wait for the 3rd Austin Powers to come out.*
UGH. Austin Powers 3. The only good part was the start with all the celebs. Just a load of rehashed jokes.

I dont think Grim should have a sequel, it's fine the way it is. A sequel would ruin the originals reputation as a fine, classy adventure game.

If they DID HAVE to have a sequel, it would be preferable if Manny was not involved. Glottis could make a cameo, of course.

Quote:
Originally posted by Isis Kaldara
I know...Wasn't that a drag? The first one was awesome, but the second one kinda resembled "Terrance and Phillip" as in it was nothing but trash-talk and toilet humor...
Terrence and Phillip humour is great
And it's there for a reason. South Park isn't just constant swearing, it's a warped outlook on society (In Particular, 10 yr old children). And 10 year old children WORSHIP poop jokes.
scabb is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2002, 02:59 PM   #44
scabb
zo

Oh, and I don't think Mr Schafer would want a part in ruining Grim Fandango with a shoddy sequel
Old 08-23-2002, 02:35 PM   #45
Sanspoof

Aaaah... Tim Schafer. The glory days...

Day of the Tentacle (Brilliant!)
Full Throttle
Grim Fandango (Du-u-u-uh!)

Uh... did he make any more?
Sanspoof is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2002, 03:56 PM   #46
scabb
zo

I think he helped out with Monkey Island 2 too, not sure. He doesn't deserve ALL the credit though...
Old 09-14-2002, 04:25 PM   #47
Lateralis

Don't want to see it. Grim Fandango was a nigh perfect adventure, and a modern LucasArts sequel is like "a baseball cap on a suit of armour."

www.smoking-monkey.org

This is the night. This is the end of one hope, the dawn of another . This is the beginning of all that may yet be. This is solitude. This is moonlight. This is the darkness.

"I will do what I have to do. I will do what I must." - The Sandman.
Lateralis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2002, 09:07 PM   #48
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
they really shouldnt use manny as the main character in the sequel. though a glottis cameo would be fun and manny could have a cameo right at the end of the game. think about it you finally get to the ninth underworld and manny is there waiting for you

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2002, 06:12 AM   #49
Tall Guy
Est. 1985

yeah, that would be cool. i too think that LEC should use a different cast.

Tall Guy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2002, 01:57 AM   #50
GendoTheGreat
What a crock

You know what would be great? The ability to erase all memory of the game, so you could play it over like it was the first time. I'd pay money to be able to do that.

Jolly good.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:56 PM   #51
MeddlingMonk
Veteran

Give me $500 and I'll whack you with a cinder block.
MeddlingMonk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2002, 10:28 AM   #52
GendoTheGreat
What a crock

Or I could eat the contents of the cupboard under my kitchen sink for free.

Jolly good.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:09 PM   #53
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally posted by GendoTheGreat
Or I could eat the contents of the cupboard under my kitchen sink for free.
or eat the contents under my computer desk, it garantees that you won't remember anything

(WARNING: side efects include: nausea, severe diehrea, vomiting, heart attack, hives, death, fainting, and other mortal stuff

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 12-02-2002, 02:24 PM   #54
tom_jenkins23

I think Manny would HAVE to be in it, and i like the idea of some evil force pulling manny into the land of the dead oncemore. New towns could be used, but including Rubacava because I love it! Maybe a new kind of evil force has broken the barrier of the land of the dead and every minute souls are being pulled out of the land of the dead into nothingness, therefore people are dying (again) every minute, and its upto manny to solve the barrier thing.

If that makes sense lol. As long as its still darkish and has the same sort of music, and has MANNY then i'll buy it!
tom_jenkins23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2002, 07:55 PM   #55
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
dont forget glottis

Old 12-10-2002, 10:16 PM   #56
theholyidiot

The story is complete, people. Just accept it and move on. GF2 would just ruin a good thing. Like many a series before it, you would sink a great game by giving it an unworthy sequel.

Sam: Someday I'm gonna have to talk to you about the sanctity of life, little buddy.
Max: BAM! And then he was muselage!

theholyidiot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2002, 08:36 AM   #57
skauch

theholyidiot: i think you're right.

i hope they won't make the same mistake that they made to the monkey island series.

I fought the law and the law won.
skauch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2002, 03:31 AM   #58
theholyidiot

Hey, I didn't say that I don't like the new MI games, I thought they were great. (please though, save your comments on that for another forum or thread...)

Sam: Someday I'm gonna have to talk to you about the sanctity of life, little buddy.
Max: BAM! And then he was muselage!

theholyidiot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2002, 03:20 PM   #59
TangentBlack

hmmmmmmm

batman................

He lives in a layer

Some guy
TangentBlack is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Land of the Dead > GF2 Storyline?