lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Holowan Laboratories - News @ RPGDot
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-03-2004, 10:11 AM   #121
CDRSeadog
Rookie

Ahem - sorry about that mistake, T7nowhere - I did correct the problem though - so now the link to your website works just like it was supposed to - for your knowledge, the URL didn't take on the link I had posted in that particular report - an easy fix:-)

And I do realize now that I hadn't thought to check the "Mod of the Week" page - so - whether there are a lot of new/upgraded mods or not by tomorrow AM, I'll do a special Holowan report to cover the Mod of the Week - and be sure to give out all credit where due.

Got it Fred - I'll try to remember for the future. The way our system is set up at RPGDot though - I couldn't go back to edit enough to add your website in my report - I'd have to do a completely new report.

I still appreciate the feedback...Prime...and Darkender...and always will, gentlemen. I can never complain about feedback:-)

Memories that forgotten...cannot be.

Staff Editor, Four Fat Chicks

Editor & Moderator, Kristophe's Korner @FFC
CDRSeadog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2004, 07:01 AM   #122
CDRSeadog
Rookie

OK - as promised - I did another Holowan Laboratories report - you can check it out either at http://kotor.rpgdot.com/index.php or over at http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php .

The following modders (and their respective mods) were featured in today's report:

(1) A belated "hats off" was given to Random Task (Sorry I missed that thread here before)

(2) Raveth500

(3) Vinniemc

(4) Shem

Lastly - congrats were in order for both Prime and Bneezy for winning the "Mod Of The Week" (actually - the "Mod Of Last Week") award - and T7nowhere (along with the correct link to his outstanding modsite) was also mentioned in conjunction with that particular newsbit:-)

Old 11-04-2004, 11:44 AM   #123
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Thanks
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2004, 06:13 AM   #124
CDRSeadog
Rookie

Never a problem, my friend:-)

On another note - I didn't make a Holowan report for today (SAT the 6th) as there really hasn't been a lot of new stuff put up yet - I'll wait until Tuesday to see how things are going then.

Take care!!

Old 11-06-2004, 06:36 AM   #125
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Cool by then I'll have my custom recruits alpha release up and maybe it will catch somebodies eye.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2004, 06:00 AM   #126
CDRSeadog
Rookie

NP, Darkender - actually, I had rather a whimsical time with you on today's Holowan Laboratories reporting:-)

Speaking of which - yes - another "Holowan Herald" over at RPGDot/KotORDot...the following "mod engineers" (and their respective mods, of course) were featured:

(1) Darkender

(2) Darkender's tailor, Raveth500

(3) The team of ChAiNz and Svosh

(4) Mono_Giganto

(5) Cloud1690

(6) Phildaman46

BTW - does anyone know if the "Legally Blonde Jedi" ever managed to get her KotOR website up and running yet???

Old 11-09-2004, 07:24 AM   #127
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
Originally posted by CDRSeadog

BTW - does anyone know if the "Legally Blonde Jedi" ever managed to get her KotOR website up and running yet???
No I have a completely crazy work schedule since a few months. Also I am currently working in priority on the StarWarsKnights.com website to get it ready for the arrival of TSL. I also try to give priority to help requests over my own mods. I really wish days had 36 hours

Thanks for what you are doing
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2004, 07:24 AM   #128
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Thanks for the kudos. Well my recruit is modeled after my online personality

*edit*

strange how my post was up before Darth333's and was the first one after cdrsdog and yet I check it out later and she got slid inbetween our 2 posts.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin

Last edited by Darkkender; 11-09-2004 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:52 AM   #129
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth333
I really wish days had 36 hours
I know some of my days feel like 36 hours...(like today...bleh)

Thanks for the mention CDRSeadog!

svösh & ChAiNz the "Dubious Duo", hmmm...does this mean I have to wear red, green and yellow tights? (trust me, that's one skin you don't want to see)

"Holy mangled meshes svösh-man!"

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 11-09-2004 at 08:41 AM.
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2004, 08:59 AM   #130
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

oops! you missed this mod by svösh CDRSeadog
Old 11-11-2004, 07:20 AM   #131
CDRSeadog
Rookie

Thanks for letting me know about Svosh, my friend - it's not hard to overlook mods that aren't listed over at PCGameMods *chuckles* Problem corrected.

ANyway - today was another Holowan reporting day - the following mods/mod upgrades/mod utilities made the news (along with their respective "mod engineers", of course:-):

(1) Svosh (belatedly)

(2) Fred Tetra (And I remembered which KotOR Tool website to link)

(3) Aranel

(4) Shem

(5) Messkell

(6) HULAS

(7) CaptainSubtext

Old 11-11-2004, 07:54 AM   #132
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
the mod by Aranel is a pirated mod by Talchia

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 11-11-2004, 08:23 AM   #133
Xavier2
Forumite

Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Quote:
Originally posted by darkkender
the mod by Aranel is a pirated mod by Talchia
You probably mean pirated "from" one of Talchia's. Sorry to reply but the way you wrote it sounded to me the other way around. I saw the discussion on pcgamemods and thought it would be better to clear things up. No offense meant.
Xavier2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2004, 08:30 AM   #134
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
None taken Xavier. If I had took more time before I could have been more clear.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 11-11-2004, 10:43 AM   #135
svösh

Veteran Modder Helpful! Contest winner - Modding 
As always thanks for the plug CDRSeadog

svösh

pixel, poly builder
svösh's kotor mods
svösh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2004, 07:41 PM   #136
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Helpful! Notable contributor 
Thanks from me as well!

I've had almost 10,000 hits on the website just since June (when I started counting) and your publicity definitely helps get the word out to potential users.

Kotor Tool Developer
http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/

"You want to help everyone who asks for aid, answer all of their questions, write that crucial bit of code for which they're searching, and be the hero who saves the day (and their job), but there comes a point when you realize that sleep is sometimes necessary."
—Stephen Toub

Visit the Kotor Tool Forum
Fred Tetra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2004, 04:48 AM   #137
CDRSeadog
Rookie

Hmmm - I missed that, Darkender - funny, too - because I'm well aware of Talchia's mods (having been around modding myself during the same timeframe)...

Fred - I'm glad to hear it...always happy to help out a friend - but to be honest, I'm more about giving credit where credit is due. Still - it is nice to know my newsbits are bringing about some little greater exposure to the efforts you all contribute into making the Holowan Laboratories what it is:-)

Svosh...as always, it is a pleasure...and you are very welcomed:-)

Old 11-12-2004, 04:57 AM   #138
CDRSeadog
Rookie

Hmmm - wonder why this didn't post the first time around???

Anyway...milady Darth333 - I can well understand your being busy, and for wishing the days were 36 hours long. I used to feel that way myself at times - of course, that was BEFORE I retired from the U.S. Navy. Notice that I've stayed retired ever since *chuckles* Still - you are always welcomed - even if you are now a blonde *chuckles again*

You are also very welcomed, Darkender - and the post sliding is no small wonder. After all, lady Darth333 IS a "Legally Blonde Jedi"...so I might presume she used her Force Powers to make the slide:-)

*LOL* Red, green, and yellow tights??? Now that'd be a sight to see...ChAiNz & Svosh & the Merry Men In Tights *rotflmao*

Old 12-09-2004, 09:47 AM   #139
CDRSeadog
Rookie

I've been away on vacation for some little time (a perogative I take liberally as part of my retirement from the military).

And just as obviously - while there was a lag in "Holowan creativity" by it's community modders - there still exists an overwhelming amount of things to report on with one newsbit.

Therefore - starting Saturday, the 11, thru forever how long it takes - I'll attempt the task of catching up.

Part of the problem - besides my being gone - stems from the fact RPGDot (and all of our subsequent sites) were hacked. Whilst my European friends were able to quickly recover - I was still on vacation - and when I got home - unable to access anything re RPGDot for some little time...I'm still "in the dark" in many aspects.

In conclusion - I'm still around - and still a firm believer that people who donate their talent/time/trouble/Dedication to providing modding enhancements to a gaming community deserve and are entitled to, some humble form of recognition and thanks.

Old 12-09-2004, 09:51 AM   #140
PoM

Why do you triple post?
PoM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2004, 10:03 AM   #141
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
CDRSeadog, you are a true altruist. It is rewarding for any modder to get mentioned by you on http://kotor.rpgdot.com -- and it is encourages modding.

Piece of Metal asked:
Quote:
Why do you triple post?
You could say the same about me and Fred Tetra when we release a new version of our utilities. There was almost a month between this and CDRSeadog's last post.

tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2004, 10:33 AM   #142
CDRSeadog
Rookie

Thank you, my friend:-) It does seem like a long time ago that we go back insofar as modding - but perhaps that is just my acceptance (and - believe it or not - enjoyment) of aging.

Old 12-09-2004, 10:56 AM   #143
Darth333
Administraterror

It's good to have you back! Everyone here was missing your reports

...and you'll be happy to learn that I finally updated my website

@ Piece of metal/The Knife: I understand you are trying to help but please leave these matters to the moderators & admins There are some cases when a triple post is more than welcomed...
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2004, 03:53 AM   #144
CDRSeadog
Rookie

Oh Good Heavens, Darth333...a legally blonde Jedi Elf now? *rotfl*

Well, I rather suppose it is in keeping with the holiday season...oh, and I'll make a small note re your website (as promised many moons ago) on today's reporting.

It's good to be back...Thank You All:-)

(now time to start my Holowan report for today)

Old 12-11-2004, 05:07 AM   #145
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:

(now time to start my Holowan report for today)
What nice timing I just released a mod.

Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2004, 05:13 AM   #146
CDRSeadog
Rookie

Unfortunately, Mono_Giganto - I had already just finished up my report for today BEFORE your newest mod showed up (I can see it there at pcgamemods now) - so it'll have to wait until next report (seeing as how I DID NOT peruse this forum for mods that folks have not posted up at pcgamemods - I'm sure I'll get some feedback as to any mods/modders I missed today - which I can use for a next report).

On the other hand - I did cover your last two mods in today's report - unfortunately, the way our system is set up makes it rather hard to properly modify a complete report once it is posted:-)

Old 12-11-2004, 05:26 AM   #147
CDRSeadog
Rookie

I managed to (somewhat) catch up with a rather large Holowan Laboratories report today - the following highlights of that report are as follows:

(1) Congratulations were given to T7nowhere and Svosh for their "Mod of the Week" awards.

(2) Todays featured, new KotOR modsite went to the lovely lady, Darth333.

(3) The following Holowan Modders (and their mods, of course) were in today's report:

(a) TK-102
(b) Meskell
(c) Shem
(d) Darth333
(e) TheKnife
(f) Shaggoth
(g) Mono_Giganto
(h) Kazeite
(i) Cchargin
(j) Darkender
(k) Camerson
(l) PrtyLizardJedi

(4) I did NOT make any mention of modder Daryn with his Level 40 Mod, as (1) it seems to me that mod was already tried some time ago, and (2) I await any "real" word that this newest attempt at lvl 40 characters even works.

(5) Unfortunately, I also missed Mono_Giganto's newest mod - which did not post over at pcgamemods whils I was doing my report (it'll be in my next report).

Lastly - I did not check out each thread here to see what mods/modders I missed that don't post their mods over at pcgamemods - so please feel free to e-mail me and let me know who and what I missed out on for my next report.

Old 12-11-2004, 07:34 AM   #148
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Wow, not only am I capitalized, but hyphenated too! Thank you CDRSeadog!

tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2004, 09:07 AM   #149
CDRSeadog
Rookie

Ummm...sorry about the hyphens...as to capitalizing you - I generally do in my reports - probably comess from an old habit of recognizing a Dominant individual with "Caps", and a submissive individual all in lowercase:-)

Don't ask me to comment further *chuckles*

P.S. You are always welcomed, my friend!!

Old 12-11-2004, 09:15 AM   #150
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Ummm...sorry about the hyphens...as to capitalizing you - I generally do in my reports - probably comess from an old habit of recognizing a Dominant individual with "Caps", and a submissive individual all in lowercase:-)

Don't ask me to comment further *chuckles*
"ChAiNz" wonders what his name reflects, and is all confused now
THAT'S IT! ChAiNz = confused

Hey CDRSeadog, we've also got a new addition (and fellow modder) on board here at Holowan.... Darth Omegacron

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...hreadid=141194

Old 12-11-2004, 11:35 AM   #151
CDRSeadog
Rookie

*chuckles* Ahh ChAiNz - your "nomme de guerre" would reflect what, in my old parlance, would be called a "S/switch" - meaning at times (and your moods) you are dominate, and at other timess, submissive/passive in nature:-) *chuckles again*

And I've bookmarked this thread so's I don't miss it for my next report - in which I shall be certain to give some little welcome to Darth Omeggacron:-)

Old 12-14-2004, 07:29 AM   #152
CDRSeadog
Rookie

I did another Holowan Laboratories report today - the following Modders/mods/mod upgrades/modsites/WIP's (whew - did I forget anything??) were featured:

(1) T7Nowhere for his lightsabers/modsite - plus "quotes".

(2) Mono_Giganto (2 mods)

(3) Svosh's WIP

(4) ChAiNz (a small, inside joke - plus his Mod & WIP).

(5) Cameron (mod upgrade)

(6) Darth Omegacron (mods/modsite).

Old 12-14-2004, 08:09 AM   #153
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
whew - did I forget anything??
Not to toot our own horn (okay, maybe a little ), you can check out our clone trooper mod here and here.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2004, 08:43 AM   #154
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
(4) ChAiNz (a small, inside joke - plus his Mod & WIP).
yup, I am confused, but apparently I'm not alone

The WIP link you posted is for a different 'Chains' hehehe..... or is it? maybe it's a conspiracy to confuse everyone? muwahahaha!

ummm..nope no conspiracy ..haha? funny?....hello?

Thanks for the 'gifted' comment!

I'd blush but I'm at work and everyone would call me a sissy boy, push me around and take my lunch credits... Oh wait!...editors don't get breaks...silly me

Thanks for the mention CDRSeadog! I'm grateful!

Old 12-14-2004, 01:44 PM   #155
CDRSeadog
Rookie

*chuckles* You are very welcomed ChAiNz.

Hmmm - logged your post in, Prime - I'll catch it up with my next Holowan report - thanks for letting me know:-)

Old 12-14-2004, 02:19 PM   #156
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Thanks man, I always appreciate your time and effort you put into spreading the word about KotOR modding and the Hard work we all put into this hobby.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:12 PM   #157
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Hmmm - logged your post in, Prime - I'll catch it up with my next Holowan report - thanks for letting me know:-)
No problem at all.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2004, 05:06 AM   #158
CDRSeadog
Rookie

I'll make a small mention of your website/mods, Prime - insofar as your Clone StormTroopers mod - I had already mentioned it in my long "catch-up" Holowan report done on the 11th of December (it's the first mod mentioned in the last paragraph:-)

Old 12-16-2004, 05:08 AM   #159
CDRSeadog
Rookie

NP, my friend - you already know it's always a pleasure for me to write about mods and modders...Indie Game Developers are also another forte of mine :-)

Old 12-16-2004, 08:16 AM   #160
CDRSeadog
Rookie

I almost forgot to mention I did a small Holowan Report today - the following modders/mods were mentioned:-)

(1) TK-102 (for his utility upgrades)

(2) Prime (for his remarkable website, Warped Productions)

(3) Mono-Giganto (Mod)

(4) Deathdisco (mod upgrade)

(5) Sepithro (new weapon modpack)

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Holowan Laboratories - News @ RPGDot