lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Battlefront Stats
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-26-2004, 11:08 AM   #1
cushy
Rookie

Stats?

Ive been playing logged into gamespy for all my games...when I checked my stats the first day I had like 13 kills 13 deaths..thats from like 2 games (I was a noob lol) anyways...Ive been playing for like hours more logged in...I check my stats today ..still 13-13...who knows how long it takes to update to the website or whats wrong?
cushy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2004, 11:18 AM   #2
Iceman_IX

It's buggy as all hell or is just only connected to certain servers. I have been playing all week. It only has one game logged for me, two days ago and I only played for 8 minutes.

XFire id: icemanix
NF7 | MBarton 2500 200x12.5 @1.875v
OCZ3200EL 2x256+512 @11-3-3-2
eVGA 6800GT | SB Live 5.1
Antec 430 | SLK-900 @53C load
Iiyama E431S | XDreamerII @30C
3dMark05: 4111
nForcersHQ
Iceman_IX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2004, 11:30 AM   #3
Jan Gaarni
Grand Moff

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I can't even find the page with my stats.

Anyone wonna guide me where to look?

Empire At War Moderator
&
SWGalaxies Moderator

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
- May the pants be with you!

A smile is the shortest distance between people - Victor Borge!

Custom Avatar by Wraith 8
Jan Gaarni is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2004, 11:58 AM   #4
cushy
Rookie

goto the top 100 page...and on the header "PLayer" or w/e....hit (FIND)...than type in youre gamespy id that you use...and itll bring you to your stats page...that is...if its not being a glitchy bitchy ass for u too lol
cushy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2004, 12:04 PM   #5
Iceman_IX

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbat...boards_pc.html

XFire id: icemanix
NF7 | MBarton 2500 200x12.5 @1.875v
OCZ3200EL 2x256+512 @11-3-3-2
eVGA 6800GT | SB Live 5.1
Antec 430 | SLK-900 @53C load
Iiyama E431S | XDreamerII @30C
3dMark05: 4111
nForcersHQ
Iceman_IX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2004, 06:44 PM   #6
Willybone
Rookie

Thanks

I thought I was crazy or totally mistaken about what the game was tracking. I was on for hours this weekend, getting great scores, but I'm still only showing 8 games, 17 minutes of play, and 39 kills.
That sucks. I hope they get on that. I seriously think the auto-tracking feature is the best part of this game.
Willybone is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2004, 08:10 PM   #7
Marvel
Rookie

Stats work, you just have to use gamespy arcade. All my time has been logged.

I hope they work on the multi-player interface though, something similar to battlefield 1942. Or add a chat room like what age of mythology has. Easier to meet folks and join their games.

Marvel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2004, 08:13 PM   #8
Kaiden Fett
Lurker

Question My Stats.

Hey, I see ppl talking about finding thier stats online. Where do you go to get them?

XxX Kaiden Fett XxX
Kaiden Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2004, 08:19 PM   #9
Marvel
Rookie

At the very top, next to Player # is [Find]

Old 09-26-2004, 10:55 PM   #10
Jan Gaarni
Grand Moff

Quote:
Originally posted by Marvel
Stats work, you just have to use gamespy arcade. All my time has been logged.

I hope they work on the multi-player interface though, something similar to battlefield 1942. Or add a chat room like what age of mythology has. Easier to meet folks and join their games.
Then what's the point in logging into Gamespy when you select Internet within the game?

Empire At War Moderator
&
SWGalaxies Moderator

Old 09-26-2004, 11:38 PM   #11
Galahad KoA
Lurker

I have only used gamespy through the in-game login and the stats are showing for only two games of the 30 or so that Ive played. Having to log in to Gamespy outside the game to have your stats tracked defeats the purpose of having a way to log in inside the game.
Galahad KoA is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 03:40 AM   #12
Marvel
Rookie

Hey don't complain when only a portion of your stats show-up, I was just trying to help.

Old 09-27-2004, 06:59 AM   #13
Willybone
Rookie

No need to be defensive. We're just disagreeing with your assertion that there is no problem.

Out of curiosity, are you playing on a PC? I'm on a PS2, so I'm automatically logged into Gamespy when playing. I still know it's tracking only a fraction of my stats.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:10 AM   #14
Jan Gaarni
Grand Moff

Quote:
Originally posted by Marvel
Hey don't complain when only a portion of your stats show-up, I was just trying to help.
Well, the complaint wasn't directed at you, obviously.
Unless you are a Dev.

Empire At War Moderator
&
SWGalaxies Moderator

Old 09-27-2004, 02:11 PM   #15
Marvel
Rookie

Well the whole multi-player interface needs improved, I won't disagree with that. As for the stat taking, I understand the concern. Especially the good games where you rack up a killer K ratio and its not logged.

The PS2 shouldn't have issues like the PC does. Why? What varies from one PS2 to another? Only controllers if that. As for PC's its another world so I'm sure Pandemic probably didn't have time to test every configuration out. Some win, some lose, hence patches.

Old 09-27-2004, 08:15 PM   #16
MASTERPLAU
Lurker

Thumbs up PS2 STATS

FOR MY BROTHERS ON THE PS2

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbat...oards_ps2.html
MASTERPLAU is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 06:48 AM   #17
Willybone
Rookie

"The PS2 shouldn't have issues like the PC does. Why? What varies from one PS2 to another? Only controllers if that."

We're all logged in to different servers, of course. I'm not sure of the actual architecture, but I would think the ideal way to collect stats would be from the servers themselves, instead of having each PS2 send them in. There are fewer data points to collect from that way.
So, if there was an issue with the PS2 server software, that could cause a loss of numbers.
However, thinking its the server software gives me hope, because it might be easier to develop and distribute for that side of the equation.
Have any of the developers mentioned this issue?
Old 09-28-2004, 08:47 AM   #18
Gamera
Lurker

does anyone know how often they update? My stats don't show what I played last night....
Gamera is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 11:05 AM   #19
Willybone
Rookie

That, my friend, is the crux of the biscuit. I don't think you're ever going to see your scores from last night.
I've noticed that they do update regularly, at about the once every 30 minutes they tell you on the page. But, they don't seem to capture all the stats, so its likely that your scores from last night might be lost forever.
Last night, I played 4 games with over 100 kills total. One hour later, I checked my stats and found only two games added to my total, with 0 kills and 0 deaths each. This morning, the numbers haven't changed.

I have faith they can fix this.

Last edited by Willybone; 09-28-2004 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:45 PM   #20
Marvel
Rookie

Finish your games and allow the next game to load, select a team, spawn point, and play the next map for approx 10 to 30 second, then disconnect. Why do I say this, because it may give gamestats time to collect the data from the finished round. Gametrack.org and bftracks run on a similar collection of data. I would think gamestats.gamespy.com may do the same. 95% of my rounds are received so I'd tend to lean on this possibility.

Old 09-29-2004, 05:45 AM   #21
kailaurius

Leaderboards

Is there anyone playing the PC version of the game having problems getting listed on the leaderboard? I've been playing since day 1 and I cannot get listed. I've killed way way more players (non npc's) than the lowest number listed on the leaderboard. I know I've killed over at least a thousand other players since the game started, but I'm still not listed. I have a gamespy account and my account is verified. I have logged into gamespy and launched the game from gamespy. I have also logged into gamespy from within the game. I don't quit the game until the game is over. In other words I don't quit in the middle of the game. Hell when I go to my gamespyid profile it shows that I havn't even played the game. Here is the link to my gamespyid profile for SWBF: http://gamestats.gamespy.com/swbfron...601&gameid=973

Go figure. Oh well. The leaderboard is either broken or there's something else I'm not doing right. How are these other players getting their name listed? Anyone else having this problem?
kailaurius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 05:49 AM   #22
Neon
Veteran

That leaderboard is totally stupid.
Sorry I have to say this

Neon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 06:16 AM   #23
Willybone
Rookie

Marvel, I also suspected that, but even games where I play through 8 or 9 rounds are not being recorded. I tend to stay with one server for a long time, but it doesn't help. I've been very careful lately to quit only during a round, instead of between them.
Again, you're also using Gamespy Arcade, instead of just the in-game registration, so that may be helping.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:37 AM   #24
TK-123
Lurker

ive been having this problem as well, ive just given up on it, ive been playing since day one and always logging in to gamespy but it says ive only played like 2 games and shot 1 person =/
TK-123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 07:36 AM   #25
Morpheusx00x
Lurker

Stats...

Does any1 knows why my Stats never Change it always says :

Last Game Played: 9/26/2004 2:02:31 AM
First Game Played: 9/25/2004 7:20:24 AM
Total Time Played: 8 minutes

ALL FACTIONS
Total Games: 3
Kills: 3
Deaths: 6
Accuracy: 43
Head Shots: 0
Narrow Escapes: 0
Captures: 1
Living Streak: 107
Favorite Class: CLONE TROOPER
Favorite Weapon: BLASTER RIFLE
Favorite Vehicle: IFT-T
Morpheusx00x is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 07:40 AM   #26
Mr. Fragster
Rookie

Nobody knows

This seems to be the case with everyone. I have no clue why it only records a small fraction of a % of your play time. Maybe theyll fix it or theres something to be announced.
Mr. Fragster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 08:56 AM   #27
reggiehxc
Lurker

i wonder if its a setting on the servers.

can you turn off stat reporting on the server level?

reggiehxc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 11:38 AM   #28
skullsukker
Lurker

i cant trust any stat board that has a player with 70 games played and 6000 kills.
skullsukker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2004, 11:49 AM   #29
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
i'd trust marvel since it has only 10 mins for me and our friend here is #3

use vehicles often?

-"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2004, 05:26 AM   #30
kailaurius

Yeah vehicles are excellent for racking up on massive kills. I know I've killed over a thousand players since the release. I do have a question though. Are there any PC players listed on the leader board? I notice that when you click on the player in the PC leaderboard it brings you to their profile and if you look at the link in the address bar is says swbfrontps2, but then again the players listed in the PS2 leaderboard are different than the players listed in the PC leaderboard so I guess I'm a little confused. Even when I go to my profile is has swbfrontps2 in the address bar: http://gamestats.gamespy.com/swbfron...601&gameid=973

If that's the case then that would explain why all my stats are zero with zero minutes played since I play the game on the PC and not on the PS2, which would lead me to assume the leaderboard doesn't work yet for PC players. So again my question is does anyone have their stats listed on the leaderboard from playing the game on the PC?
Old 09-30-2004, 08:26 AM   #31
Willybone
Rookie

Marvel says he's getting his stats recorded on the PC. He also said he was using GameSpy Arcade when playing, so you may try that.

Question for Marvel (or anyone else for that matter), what kill and death stats get recorded, when it is recording properly?
Do only kills of other human players count? Or kills of bots, too? Does killing an Ewok get counted?
Do only deaths at the hands of other players count? Or death by bots counts too?
It would seem like a cheap and easy way to get crazy scores by always picking games with mostly bots, if those kills count.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:14 PM   #32
whitedarthvadr
Lurker

how do i find my stats

how do i find my stats

chris
whitedarthvadr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 05:44 AM   #33
kailaurius

Re: how do i find my stats

Quote:
Originally posted by whitedarthvadr
how do i find my stats
Click on this link: http://gamestats.gamespy.com/swbfrontpc/rank_0_1.html

Then click on Player [FIND]
Enter your nickname in the Explorer User Prompt. If your not in the top 100 click OK to look for your stat profile. If you get the following error that says ERROR: Player "nick name" Not Found
BACK which a lot of players are getting atm including me then you will have to find out your PID number. I found mine doing a google search. Go to www.google.com and then type your nick name and the word gamespy in the search field and hit enter. If you have an account at gamespy you should get a result back that says "GameSpy PC Forums" and the link should look something like this: http://www.forumplanet.com/gamespy/p...01&mid=1891092
Your pid should be the gid listed in the link. For example in the above link where it says gid=5008601, the 5008601 is my personal PID number. Now what you can do is go to the following link: http://gamestats.gamespy.com/swbfron...601&gameid=973 and insert your PID in place of the one I have listed here. Just replace 5008601 with the gid number you found in the google search. This should take you to your stat profile.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:11 AM   #34
OD-Belthazor
Lurker

well its funny that my X-Fire miniprofile shows 10 hours of gametime on SWBF,but my stats show only 31 minutes.Which is very disappointing at the very least.

I think they should modify it more as in to seperating kills by vehicles and kills by hand weapons/turents.This would give us a better idea of who is very skilled in shooting than just spamming away with a vehicle.

If this game is to be in the same genre as BF1942 or even AA then make it where ppl are honestly making their kills than jumping into a AT-AT (knowing it will take awhile to be destroyed) and collecting 50 kills in a game.

Some of my clan members have had luck with their stats,we have 8 ppl in the Top 100,but we still have 11 more that are having trouble with their stats to upload.

The programmers might want to look into the ESO stat engine for AOM,cause it is extremely accurate when updating.I would like to this this game really take off,but the leaderboard is dainted with too many spammers with kills with vehicles...I personally have more respect with some who is good at running and shooting or even sniping..

It also would be nice if someone would give us a little insight on how the tracking is down and how long the wait for the stats to be upload takes....

OD-Belthazor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2004, 01:45 PM   #35
kailaurius

I agree. The leaderboard is pretty much useless. A player's skill is not determined by the number of kills in this game. Anyone can easily rack up on kills. You also need to look at the number of captures and the number of deaths compared to the number of kills, etc. If you have 2000 kills and 4000 deaths then you pretty much !@#$. If you see a player with 6000 kills and zero captures then you shouldn't consider him to be very skillful at all either. Seems pretty monotonous and pointless to play only for the kills. You know what I mean. I get a much more adrenaline rush infiltrating an outpost and capturing their outpost than just mindlessly killing evertying in site. There should be another column like Skill or Performance or something that takes into account the other columns.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:34 PM   #36
mrflippy
Rookie

There are columns for captures, deaths, accuracy, head shots, and living streak. I wouldn't mind seeing more information tracked like vehicles destroyed or similar, but they track a lot of information. Also, a person with 6000 kills and no captures can be very skilled, but just not enjoy capturing bases. One of the things I'm running into is that I enjoy using the rocket launcher, but it's very difficult to destroy vehicles. I get a lot of hits in, and then while I'm reloading, someone else comes in and takes the kill. I "assist" a lot, but I'm not sure how that could be tracked.
mrflippy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2004, 07:37 PM   #37
Marduke|Myth
Rookie

Another idea for those still trying to get on the stat board is to limit your name characters. I was on as Marduke|MythoLogy and none of my games would get recorded. I am now Marduke|Myth and about 65% of my games get recorded.

The leaderboards are great if all servers track, however, if pandemic would have hosted server servers like EA does for bf1942/bfv.

Also if peeps would get together and start some stat tracker sites that could track user stats like gametrack and bftracks does for bf1942/bfv then maybe we would get proper stat coverage. It's obvious that the current stat tracker sucks.

Currently Playing:
  • BF2 - PC
  • City of Heroes/City of Villains - PC
  • Battle for Middle Earth II - PC

| Marduke.org | Guildsforever.org project |
Marduke|Myth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > General Discussion > Battlefront Stats