lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Which is stronger Light side or Dark side or are they equal?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #41
GrandMasterMarek
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars the force unleashed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Per the movies, it isn't.
Movies,Novels Games it's all the same a character's path to their fate goes two ways I feel the darkside is better with experienced first then the redeeming part can begin.

The force lives forever it is what we do with it that reveals who we really are.
GrandMasterMarek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2014, 06:52 PM   #42
stargate38
Rookie

Current Game: None
As far as I could count (using Wookieepedia's categories), there were 881 Jedi and 385 Sith during the 36,591 years of Galactic history, so I would go with the Jedi, because on average, they outnumbered the Sith 2.2:1.

According to quantum physics, every physically possible universe exists in what's called the Multiverse. This means that the Star Wars galaxy could possibly exist in another, inaccessible universe. I wonder which one...
stargate38 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2014, 02:13 AM   #43
GrandMasterMarek
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars the force unleashed
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate38 View Post
As far as I could count (using Wookieepedia's categories), there were 881 Jedi and 385 Sith during the 36,591 years of Galactic history, so I would go with the Jedi, because on average, they outnumbered the Sith 2.2:1.
Good odds for any jedi but how do you know Wookieepedia's numbers is accurate?

The force lives forever it is what we do with it that reveals who we really are.
GrandMasterMarek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2014, 11:34 AM   #44
stargate38
Rookie

Current Game: None
I typed up every Jedi name into a Notepad document (1 on each line), then I used a sorting program to sort them alphabetically. After that, I removed duplicates and counted the number of lines in the document, thus giving the number of Jedi. I did the same for the Sith. However, I made some typos when making the lists, and the above numbers are wrong. The actual numbers should be 877 and 386 (notice that the number of Jedi is prime). That's definitely a lot of Force-sensitives, 1,263 to be exact. That's about one Jedi/Sith born every 28 years, over the whole Legends timeline, spanning 36,591 years. No wonder it's hard to remember all those names. I wonder how many people, both Force-sensitive and Force-blind, were born (and died) during that period. I bet it was in the quintillions or even sextillions, given such a long timespan and the present galactic population of about 100 quadrillion (as of 0 ABY).

According to quantum physics, every physically possible universe exists in what's called the Multiverse. This means that the Star Wars galaxy could possibly exist in another, inaccessible universe. I wonder which one...
stargate38 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > Which is stronger Light side or Dark side or are they equal?