lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Making Force Push, Force whirlwind and Force Wave individual force powers?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
Codiey
Rookie

Making Force Push, Force whirlwind and Force Wave individual force powers?

Hey there. Sorry to request this but I don't know how to mod Knights of the Old Republic. The mod I'm requesting is to make the 3 levels of force push individual..what I mean is to make it so you have the ability to use Force Push on an enemy while still being able to use Force whirlwind on someone else.

Example: I'm fighting 2 Dark Jedi. I use Force Push on one of them. Then I select Force Whirlwind on the other one.

Like instead of Force wave and Force whirlwind being levels to Force push. Make them individual. So we can have more diversity when it comes to force telekinesis. Like is the actual series.

Quote:
"Men must be free to do what they believe, it is not our right to punish one for thinking what they do, no matter how much we disagree.

Educate them, teach them right from wrong. It must be knowledge that frees them...not force."
Codiey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
Phildevil

I'd agree with force push and whirlwind. However, force wave and push are actually the same, with the exception of the number of targets affected and the damage...
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2009, 11:48 PM   #3
Star Admiral
N7 Commando

Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
Check your PM.

- Star Admiral
Star Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
Ghost

Current Game: NBA 2k11
my mod is doing this, if you must know.
Ghost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2013, 12:12 AM   #5
Codiey
Rookie

Now normally I would not rez a 3 year old topic. But I am the original poster of this topic. A while ago my computer was wiped of all it's contents, including the mod I requested from Star Admiral. So I was just wondering if someone could create a file that I requested in the past please? I would ask Star Admiral if he would kindly re-upload his, however, he seems to be no longer visiting this site.

So I ask of you kind people, would anyone please, make a file that makes Force Push, Force Whirlwind and Force Wave completely separate? A file for both Kotor and TSL would be great.

And, as a side request, would someone please do the same for the force lightning abilities? If not then I would understand completely, that isn't as important as the previous request.

Again I sincerely apologize for necroing my topic. I just figured that since it is mine it would not matter so much.

Quote:
"Men must be free to do what they believe, it is not our right to punish one for thinking what they do, no matter how much we disagree.

Educate them, teach them right from wrong. It must be knowledge that frees them...not force."
Old 06-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #6
ramnozack
Rookie

I would like the mod you guys gave Codiey. Im going crazy trying to make/find a mod like it but can't do it. I would also like the force lightning powers split up.
ramnozack is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #7
Codiey
Rookie

Seems it is no longer possible. The guy who gave it to me back in 2009, Star Admiral, has left and no one else seems to care to make it anymore.

Quote:

Old 06-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #8
ramnozack
Rookie

Someone might make it dont loss hope
Old 06-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #9
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Did you try emailing him too?

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #10
ramnozack
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
Did you try emailing him too?
I just emailed him now. We'll see what happens. I really want this mod and he would be awesome if he did it.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #11
ramnozack
Rookie

If he cant do then surely there has to be SOMEONE who can do it. I think I may have figured it out. You must change the 'pip' value of all the powers u want to use to the same number. But dont take my word on that yet. I need to test it.

Last edited by ramnozack; 06-12-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #12
ramnozack
Rookie

Well I cant seem to do it...but I'll keep tryin. Wish someone would make this thing
Old 06-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #13
Phildevil

Yeah, Star Admiral was our "Yoda" of force powers. However, VarsityPuppet might be able to help you on how to do this, as he made a mod about Force Powers and knows his way around when it comes to modding this game. Maybe you could ask him?
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
Malxados
Rookie

Current Game: Warframe, SC Blacklist, KOTOR1
I haven't modded in a while, but I did make some force powers a while back and could try to take a look; just to make sure I understand, instead of progressing from one power to the next in the chain, you just want them to be three separate powers, yes?

EDIT: Sent you a PM with a link to a modified spells.2da file to test out

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8, NKJV)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23, NKJV)

Ask me about my sig!

Bao-Dur: I'll take the one who was stupid enough to threaten us instead of shoot us when he had the chance.

k_inc_force bothers me.

Last edited by Malxados; 06-15-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Malxados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #15
Codiey
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malxados View Post
I haven't modded in a while, but I did make some force powers a while back and could try to take a look; just to make sure I understand, instead of progressing from one power to the next in the chain, you just want them to be three separate powers, yes?
That is correct. For both the force lightning chain and the force "push" chain. For both TSL and kotor if you could please.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it.

Quote:

Old 06-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #16
Malxados
Rookie

Oh, okay; well the one I sent you was just for the push chain for TSL; if it works I can probly expand it

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8, NKJV)
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23, NKJV)

Ask me about my sig!

Bao-Dur: I'll take the one who was stupid enough to threaten us instead of shoot us when he had the chance.

k_inc_force bothers me.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #17
Codiey
Rookie

Quote:
Oh, okay; well the one I sent you was just for the push chain for TSL; if it works I can probly expand it
Mind sending me one for kotor actually? I do not have tsl installed anymore but was planning on installing it soon to play revenge of revan.

Sorry for the hassle.

Quote:

Old 06-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #18
Malxados
Rookie

I don't have as much experience with K1, but I can try

Ask me about my sig!

k_inc_force bothers me.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #19
Codiey
Rookie

Quote:
I don't have as much experience with K1, but I can try
Thank you, sorry for the hassle.

Quote:

Old 06-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #20
Malxados
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codiey View Post
Thank you, sorry for the hassle.
No worries; looks like i have it working now for the push chain in TSL =) should be basically the same thing for the lightning chain, then I can try K1

Ask me about my sig!

k_inc_force bothers me.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #21
Codiey
Rookie

Quote:
No worries; looks like i have it working now for the push chain in TSL =) should be basically the same thing for the lightning chain, then I can try K1
Great work!

Quote:

Old 06-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #22
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Two things:

1. Thanks for doing this. I want to and have tried in the past, but it screwed everything up...

2. I like the first half of your sig. Always makes me smile to see that line in-game.

All of my mods are available on Deadlystream.

Always remember modders: "Quality= Effort*Time"

KSE 3.3.4 is LIVE!!! Check it out here.

Check out WalkSwitch, the Walkmesh-changing tool!
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #23
Malxados
Rookie

Quote:
Great work!
Or something like that ha...Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Strides 2 View Post
Two things:

1. Thanks for doing this. I want to and have tried in the past, but it screwed everything up...

2. I like the first half of your sig. Always makes me smile to see that line in-game.
My pleasure. So far though I've been struggling more with the TSLPatcher than with any other part of this process. Either it or Kotor Tool is not cooperating... assuming that doesn't take me too long to get past, and that K1 powers work much the same way (in this area), then I should have it done within a few days. I suppose that, worst-case scenario, I could just do it all manually and give out the modified 2da file.

And thanks ha; I was considering spicing up my sig, but that quote can probly still stay.

Ask me about my sig!

k_inc_force bothers me.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:56 AM   #24
ramnozack
Rookie

Hey can I get that too? I've been wanting a mod like this for a long time
Old 06-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #25
Malxados
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnozack View Post
Hey can I get that too? I've been wanting a mod like this for a long time
Shore =) assuming I get it all working correctly

Quote:
So far though I've been struggling more with the TSLPatcher than with any other part of this process. Either it or Kotor Tool is not cooperating...
Apparently, Windows 7 and it's security measures are what's messing with me...

Ask me about my sig!

k_inc_force bothers me.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #26
ramnozack
Rookie

Quote:
Shore =) assuming I get it all working correctly

Apparently, Windows 7 and it's security measures are what's messing with me...
I have gotten KoToR working perfectly with Windows 7, no crashes, no fps drops
, nothing. If theres anything I can do to help Ill help however I can.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #27
Codiey
Rookie

If the security measures are a problem then take a look at this: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.ph...ing/?p=5034989

Quote:

Old 06-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #28
Malxados
Rookie

Quote:
If the security measures are a problem then take a look at this: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.ph...ing/?p=5034989
Perhaps that was the solution I should have tried first, as it seems to have done the trick, thanks.

If anyone wants to test it out for TSL (with the force push and shock chains affected), you should be able to download it by clicking here. Lemme know how it goes.

Now, on to K1 I suppose.

EDIT: Also, that Windows 7 solution also seemed to fix the cheats not working in my game =)

Ask me about my sig!

k_inc_force bothers me.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #29
Codiey
Rookie

Quote:
Perhaps that was the solution I should have tried first, as it seems to have done the trick, thanks.

If anyone wants to test it out for TSL (with the force push and shock chains affected), you should be able to download it by clicking here. Lemme know how it goes.

Now, on to K1 I suppose.

EDIT: Also, that Windows 7 solution also seemed to fix the cheats not working in my game =)
Glad to see it worked, and thanks for all your hard work.

Quote:

Old 06-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #30
ramnozack
Rookie

Quote:

Now, on to K1 I suppose.

Your awesome How exactly did you do it? Also this does allow you to use both the lower versions of a power and the higher versions at the same time yes? Like being able to force push and force wave at any time.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #31
Malxados
Rookie

Quote:
Glad to see it worked, and thanks for all your hard work.
My pleasure, I've enjoyed modding again =)

Quote:
Your awesome How exactly did you do it? Also this does allow you to use both the lower versions of a power and the higher versions at the same time yes? Like being able to force push and force wave at any time.
Mostly, I changed the prerequisites, forcepriority, pips, and forcehostile areas in the higher up powers in the two chains so that they don't reference any other power or imply that they're supposed to be in a chain (more specifically, to "****", 0, 1, and a high, otherwise unused number, respectively).

And yes, you can select the powers separately in combat.

Also, I got it working in K1 more or less, but with a rather awkward side effect; more info here

Hopefully it'll get worked out soon =) all credit from any of my work goes to Christ =)

EDIT: Also: ramnozack, do you want any other powers unchained besides the two sets? And for K1 or Tsl (or both)?

EDIT2: Woops, probly located the issue, my bad guys haha; should be a pretty simple fix if that's the only problem (I didn't change which version of the spells.2da file to insert into the override and edit, so it was still inserting the TSL one)

Ask me about my sig!

k_inc_force bothers me.

Last edited by Malxados; 06-18-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #32
ramnozack
Rookie

Quote:
My pleasure, I've enjoyed modding again =)

Mostly, I changed the prerequisites, forcepriority, pips, and forcehostile areas in the higher up powers in the two chains so that they don't reference any other power or imply that they're supposed to be in a chain (more specifically, to "****", 0, 1, and a high, otherwise unused number, respectively).

And yes, you can select the powers separately in combat.

Also, I got it working in K1 more or less, but with a rather awkward side effect; more info here

Hopefully it'll get worked out soon =) all credit from any of my work goes to Christ =)

EDIT: Also: ramnozack, do you want any other powers unchained besides the two sets? And for K1 or Tsl (or both)?

EDIT2: Woops, probly located the issue, my bad guys haha; should be a pretty simple fix if that's the only problem (I didn't change which version of the spells.2da file to insert into the override and edit, so it was still inserting the TSL one)
Those 2 are the ones i really want, but I will try this on drain life branch/tree/whatever to see if I can get it to work myself. I swear I remember doing this back in the day years ago but for the life of me I couldn't remember how to do it. Thanks alot for helping me and Codiey with this. Resurrecting 4 year old threads FTW.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #33
Malxados
Rookie

Quote:
Those 2 are the ones i really want, but I will try this on drain life branch/tree/whatever to see if I can get it to work myself. I swear I remember doing this back in the day years ago but for the life of me I couldn't remember how to do it. Thanks alot for helping me and Codiey with this. Resurrecting 4 year old threads FTW.
You're welcome =) should have the file ready for download for K1 shortly; random quesiton: what is the default root folder for K1 called? (For TSL it seems to be "SWKotOR2", but my root folder for K1 is "Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic", which doesn't necessarily seem normal to me.

EDIT: Here you go, this one should work with K1 =) lemme know if you need any help with the other stuff, I'd be happy to do so.

Ask me about my sig!

k_inc_force bothers me.

Last edited by Malxados; 06-19-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #34
Codiey
Rookie

Quote:
You're welcome =) should have the file ready for download for K1 shortly; random quesiton: what is the default root folder for K1 called? (For TSL it seems to be "SWKotOR2", but my root folder for K1 is "Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic", which doesn't necessarily seem normal to me.

EDIT: Here you go, this one should work with K1 =) lemme know if you need any help with the other stuff, I'd be happy to do so.
It works perfectly! Thank you very much man!

Quote:

Old 06-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #35
ramnozack
Rookie

Also I know this is a bit off topic..but my characters appearance is changed. Like revans robes are now his default appearance and even if he takes them off or changes to another piece of armor he is still wearing revans robes. Do you know how to fix that?

EDIT: NVM i fixed it

Last edited by ramnozack; 06-19-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #36
milestails

I must say I like this mod a lot.

Gives the user more force powers to choose from
milestails is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #37
Malxados
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestails View Post
I must say I like this mod a lot.

Gives the user more force powers to choose from
Thanks, glad you like it.

Would anyone be interested in this being applied to more force powers? I was thinking it would theoretically be pretty easy to make a version for each of the (hostile) sets individually, so the user could pick whichever sets he wanted unchained.

Ask me about my sig!

k_inc_force bothers me.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #38
milestails

This chain of force powers seems to me like the only one where it made logical sense to unchain them since all three powers are more or less different from one another. Force Push and Force Wave are pretty similar, whereas Force Whirlwind is altogether different.

All the other force powers have a natural progression in their current chained state IMO.
milestails is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #39
Malxados
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestails View Post
This chain of force powers seems to me like the only one where it made logical sense to unchain them since all three powers are more or less different from one another. Force Push and Force Wave are pretty similar, whereas Force Whirlwind is altogether different.

All the other force powers have a natural progression in their current chained state IMO.
Makes sense; I have to admit I'm not very well versed in all the different force powers

Ask me about my sig!

k_inc_force bothers me.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > Making Force Push, Force whirlwind and Force Wave individual force powers?