lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: HapSlash's Website - UPDATED
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-23-2003, 04:12 PM   #41
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

which one are you getting close to getting in game? is it the gammorean for the dark forces mod?
The Cheat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2003, 10:12 AM   #42
HapSlash

The X-Wing pilot is about 30-40% weighted, then I'll probably get to the Imperial Officer, Snowtrooper, then the Gamorrean,...

HapSlash is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2003, 10:35 AM   #43
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

i noticed that your pilot models have these straps around their legs, are these gonna be there when you put the models ingame?
Old 06-24-2003, 02:57 PM   #44
HapSlash

Most likely,... unless I can't get them to deform properly. In that case, I'll probably just end up texturing them on.

Old 06-24-2003, 04:05 PM   #45
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

if i dont like the straps would i be able to remove them with a surf file?
Old 06-24-2003, 05:10 PM   #46
HapSlash

probably,...

Old 06-24-2003, 06:31 PM   #47
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

ok thanks, once it is released i will probably play it with the straps but i just dont like the look of it as of right now so if i dont like it ingame i will just use a surf file to turn it off, other then that though it is a great model imo.

btw, i thought it was going to be luke in a xwing uniform
Old 06-24-2003, 07:02 PM   #48
HapSlash

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCheat
btw, i thought it was going to be luke in a xwing uniform
Yeah,... basically.

Old 06-24-2003, 07:29 PM   #49
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

have you ever thought about doing models from the prequels or are you only going to do models for the oringinal trilogy?
Old 06-24-2003, 08:22 PM   #50
superracer0022

just a quick question, what is a surf file?
superracer0022 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2003, 08:25 PM   #51
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

a surf file is a simple file that allows you to remove things from a model

for example, i used a surf file to remove kyles shoulder pad, belt, and collar with a surf file that i created
Old 06-24-2003, 08:29 PM   #52
superracer0022

i cant figure out how to make one, could you explain it to me?
Old 06-24-2003, 08:36 PM   #53
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

you will use notepad to create the file
if you are making the changes to the regular skin name it model_default.surf, if changing the red skin name it model_red.surf, and if changing the blue skin name it model_blue.surf

you will need to know what the bodypart is called in the skin file to be able to modify it. open the model_default.skin file in the original pk3 file to find what it is called

if you were going to remove the collar, belt, and shoulderpad from the kyle model then the text in the surf file would be the following

surfOff "hips_belt torso_collar torso_shoulder_pad"

you would then put the surf file in a pk3 file (i suggest using pakscape) and make sure you use the right directorys, for the kyle skin it would be "model" then "players" and then "kyle" and the surf files would go in the kyle directory

then put the pk3 file in the base folder
Old 06-24-2003, 08:43 PM   #54
superracer0022

ok i have made the surf files (mine will remove jans goggles) but i dont have that pakscape program, where can i download that?
Old 06-24-2003, 08:46 PM   #55
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

you can get pakscape here http://www.effiles.com/file.info?ID=1327 i know it is not a jedi outcast site but it will still work great and i think it is easier to use then winzip
Old 06-24-2003, 08:50 PM   #56
superracer0022

ok, i got it working, thanks for the help cheat, i guess you do learn something new every day
Old 06-25-2003, 06:52 PM   #57
The Count
Banned

HapSlash will all these models have facial support?

For the love of God they have to.
The Count is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2003, 10:15 PM   #58
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

they better have facial support for when i put them into single player. hey he says he values accuracy and last time i checked people open their mouths when they talk so if they dont have facial support i dont think that would be very accurate
Old 06-26-2003, 09:19 PM   #59
HapSlash

Well,... that answer and more can be located in the confines of this thread. It's not even a full 2 pages long so I can't imagine them being too hard to find,...

Old 06-26-2003, 09:33 PM   #60
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

i must be blind because i couldnt find it but oh well, maybe it will pop out at me later
Old 06-26-2003, 10:34 PM   #61
HapSlash

Oops,... No, you're not blind, I guess I'm just stupid.

Someone asked me the same question somewhere else. But to answer your question here,... Yeah, I intend to have all the models I work on completely animated, including models like the Gamorrean. I just guess my mind must be going,..

My mind is going,..

My mind is going,..

Dave!?

Old 06-26-2003, 11:01 PM   #62
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

probably because you are working so hard to make us these awesome models, maybe you should take a break
Old 07-02-2003, 02:42 AM   #63
superracer0022

how about an update hapslash
Old 07-02-2003, 03:09 AM   #64
HapSlash

An update on what, specifically...?

Old 07-02-2003, 09:16 PM   #65
The Count
Banned

bloody hell that Darth Vader is amazing.
The Count is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2003, 09:21 PM   #66
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

yeah it is, cant wait for that to be released as well as all of your other models hapslash
Old 07-03-2003, 01:16 AM   #67
ronbrothers

Hap,

"Breathtaking" seems like such a cliche remark, but there's not much else I can say in looking at your models.

I'm very much looking foward to seeing these released.

I've got a bad feeling about this...
ronbrothers is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2003, 01:56 AM   #68
clu

This is the first time I have looked at your work and I am really impressed. You can really tell you just love doing this stuff too. There is so much care put into the textures especially. Modelling is really top notch. Very nice work.

-clu

clu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2003, 04:08 PM   #69
<JOTD>Jedi Hunter

Personally, Hapslash, I'm a huge admirer of your art. I find myself frustrated with so many of these modelers (though they are talented). They focus soley on the prequels. Which I personally despise. So thank you very much for being the balance man. Your awesome man.

Have you ever thought of doing a dark Empire Luke? Or maybe one of the Solo Kids? I'd love to see a de luke. And I have many reference pics for the solo children.

HE LIVES INSIDE MY MOUTH AND TELLS ME WHAT TO SAY WHEN HE TURNS THE TRAINS ON HE MAKES IT GO AWAY THE HANDS ARE CRACKED AND DIRTY AND THE NAILS ARE BEETLE WINGS WHEN HE TURNS THE TRAINS ON HE UNTIES ALL OF THE STRINGS
THE WORM: "TELL ME SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL, TELL ME SOMETHING FREE, TELL ME SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL AND I WISH THAT I COULD BE." JACK: (NOT SPOKEN) COME, COME THE TOYS ALL SMELL LIKE CHILDREN AND SCAB-KNEES WILL OBEY I'LL HAVE TO KNEEL ON BROOMSTICKSJUST TO MAKE IT GO AWAY [THE INAUGURATION OF THE WORM] A VOICE WE HAVE NOT YET HEARD: "BECAUSE TODAY
IS BLACK/BECAUSE THERE IS NO TURNING BACK. BECAUSE YOUR LIES HAVE WATERED ME/ I HAVE BECOME THE STRONGEST WEED" THROUGH JACK'S EYES: THE TASTE OF METAL DISINTEGRATOR THREE HOLES UPON THE LEATHER BELT IT'S CUT AND SWOLLEN AND THE AGE IS SHOWING BOY: " THERE'S NO ONE HERE TO SAVE OURSELF." THE DISINTEGRATOR: (TO HIMSELF) THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD FEAR YOU ARE WHAT YOU SHOULD FEAR

Last edited by <JOTD>Jedi Hunter; 07-03-2003 at 04:22 PM.
<JOTD>Jedi Hunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2003, 05:18 PM   #70
HapSlash

Thanks everyone,...
Your opinions are highly valued and your praise is always accepted,...

Quote:
I find myself frustrated with so many of these modelers (though they are talented). They focus soley on the prequels. Which I personally despise.
Yeah, my focus has been primarily the classic trilogy, for I too have ultimately been disappointed with the prequels.

I could have lived with Episode I, but after seeing Episode II,... that was the second time in my life where I walked out of a theater while thinking to myself, "What in the name of god was that?!... I think I've just been ripped off" , the only time before that was after 'The Lord of the Rings',...

Now I have the feeling that Episode III will be exponentially worse than it's predecessors. In fact at this moment I'm not even planing to see it in the theater. Lucasfilms will have to have a supreme trailer, of extraordinary magnitude, before I'll ever put my money down for it.

Quote:
Have you ever thought of doing a dark Empire Luke? Or maybe one of the Solo Kids?
I have given some thought to doing more work with the expanded universe, but I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of it.

While some of the characters would be interesting to work on, at the rate I'm going, I'm not sure if I would ever get around to actually finishing them. I know that a lot of the projects I would like to do will probably never even get to the planning stages, so I've been trying to buckle down and get some select models finished before starting any new ones.

But you never know, I just might find the urge to do another EU or two in the future,...

Old 07-03-2003, 06:08 PM   #71
<JOTD>Jedi Hunter

That's wonderful to hear. Someone finally agrees with me. Anyway, I just got a look at your page. I really like your Bespin Luke. Very well done. Oh, and I walked out of the theatre as well. Just awful. Went home and watched Empire instead.

HE LIVES INSIDE MY MOUTH AND TELLS ME WHAT TO SAY WHEN HE TURNS THE TRAINS ON HE MAKES IT GO AWAY THE HANDS ARE CRACKED AND DIRTY AND THE NAILS ARE BEETLE WINGS WHEN HE TURNS THE TRAINS ON HE UNTIES ALL OF THE STRINGS
THE WORM: "TELL ME SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL, TELL ME SOMETHING FREE, TELL ME SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL AND I WISH THAT I COULD BE." JACK: (NOT SPOKEN) COME, COME THE TOYS ALL SMELL LIKE CHILDREN AND SCAB-KNEES WILL OBEY I'LL HAVE TO KNEEL ON BROOMSTICKSJUST TO MAKE IT GO AWAY [THE INAUGURATION OF THE WORM] A VOICE WE HAVE NOT YET HEARD: "BECAUSE TODAY
IS BLACK/BECAUSE THERE IS NO TURNING BACK. BECAUSE YOUR LIES HAVE WATERED ME/ I HAVE BECOME THE STRONGEST WEED" THROUGH JACK'S EYES: THE TASTE OF METAL DISINTEGRATOR THREE HOLES UPON THE LEATHER BELT IT'S CUT AND SWOLLEN AND THE AGE IS SHOWING BOY: " THERE'S NO ONE HERE TO SAVE OURSELF." THE DISINTEGRATOR: (TO HIMSELF) THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD FEAR YOU ARE WHAT YOU SHOULD FEAR
Old 07-03-2003, 06:24 PM   #72
Dante Alastor

yeah i agree with jedi hunter, your bespin luke is awsome! i also think your rotj luke is too.

when do u think youll be close to finishing those?

Dante Alastor, formally known as Vocheski...

Please make donations to me for

"The Dante Alastor Fund for his Sig-Pic"

Thanks!!!

Thank You to Father Torque for his donation of 50 credits

Thank You to Count Dooku for his donation of 1000 credits

Changed name on 7/13/03
Glowy name achieved on 7/13/03
Dante Alastor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2003, 06:27 PM   #73
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

hey hapslash, have you ever thought about making a yoda model based on esb and rotj? i think it would be cool to have one made just for those movies and not based on the prequels
Old 07-05-2003, 08:35 PM   #74
HapSlash

As a playable character??

Old 07-05-2003, 08:51 PM   #75
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

yeah, kind of like kinjas except have this one based on the esb yoda
Old 07-05-2003, 09:31 PM   #76
HapSlash

If I were to make an ESB Yoda, I would want to try and make him as accurate as I can,... which, I fear, would make for some pretty odd looking animations.

-------------------- *BEGIN AOTC RANT HERE* --------------------

But quite frankly, I never saw Yoda as being an action character before. Seeing this 'little swirling ball of fury' from Episode II disgusted me to no end.

I can remember back when Empire came out, everyone was in awe of Yoda. His face was plastered everywhere and on everything. Hell, some people even devoted their way of life to his 'teachings'. The impression I was always left with was that Yoda was more like a monk, who would stand his ground, but would never fight. I was quite disappointed with the way the character was treated in AOTC. First to be assaulted with his mind numbingly awful dialogue, but then having to put up with that fight scene,...

-------------------- *END AOTC RANT HERE* --------------------

Old 07-05-2003, 09:49 PM   #77
Infinity Blade

I've never thought Yoda to be much of an action character either. I mean, he hobbles with a cane.....

If he had just used the force to repel Dooku, then I'd think better of the scene...

---

"To do something right takes Skill,
... To do something well takes Style!" - Me
Infinity Blade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2003, 10:07 PM   #78
The Cheat
6 Foot Tall Bunny Rabbit

hey yoda opened up a can on dooku and that was awesome, why else would he be teaching the younglings how to use the lightsaber? yoda is one bad mofo with the lightsaber and that was awesome
Old 07-06-2003, 12:24 AM   #79
<JOTD>Jedi Hunter

Well, it's not that at all. It's the scene. The only reason Lucas had yoda fight is to get more people in those movie seats. He wanted to top vader and maul. So he shoved Yoda in. And it just really made me mad. He took everything mystical about yoda away with that scene. I used to imagine wy yoda was considored so powerful. I thought it was that he was a visionary. Intelligent beyond even a Jedi. But I guess Lucas couldn't leave anything to your imagination. He HAD to make yoda fight. Had to destroy everything. Had to explain the force. The force can't be mystical. Noooo, it HAS to be explained. It's just dumb. As is the entire prequel storyline. It offers nothing but bad puns, and flashy action scenes. Comparing these movies with the original...I vote the original. It had SO much more. More variety, more in depth story. Wasn't caught up in making special effects. Was more in telling the story. A great story. And Lucas also destroyed all my respect for old Ben, by turning him into this robot like character. I once thought that it couldn't get worse than Phantom Menace. Well, then there's Attack Of The Clones. Tops it on the crap meter. If you ask me, the prequels never happened. I prefer mystery rather than stupid half assed explainations and flashy fight scenes. Not to mention that whiny little brat Anakin. No way I can imagine him as that badass Darth Vader. Vader was and still is the man. Not this Hayden kid. Whoa, man that felt good. Okay, I got it out of my system. Thanks for letting me vent. That felt so refreshing.

PS. No one could act their way out of a ball sack in those movies either. I wanted to kill that little fett kid. And those "younglings" weren't at all good either. Younglings, stupidest idea I've ever heard. Wait no, Jango fett is the stupidest idea I've ever heard.

Okay, rant over. Back on topic.

Old 07-06-2003, 11:29 AM   #80
<JOTD>Jedi Hunter

One last thing, you should have noted I have nothing bad to say about the original trilogy. Hense, I love Star Wars. Just not the new version. Also, I can respect your opinion on it as well. And you're right, I should have saved it for the swamp, but it felt nice to finally get that off my chest.

So back on topic, Hap that model of empire luke is astounding. I called my brother today and had him take a look. Being a modeler himself, he was amazed at the amount of detail you us in your models. As am I. I'm a sketch artist. Primarily drawing people. So I have a huge appretiation for detail. Man that's just beautiful. And accurate.

PS. That avatar I have is of luke, not obiwan, not anakin and not jar jar, but luke, the man.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > HapSlash's Website - UPDATED