lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Official "My first Impressions"-Thread
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-30-2007, 01:30 PM   #41
teodesetkata
Rookie

The best game ever created.

Last edited by teodesetkata; 03-28-2008 at 04:45 PM.
teodesetkata is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2007, 06:31 PM   #42
spawn613
Rookie

i played the first kotor and beat it a LONG time ago, but i still remember my first impressions. i'm not the world's biggest rpg fan. actually quite the opposite, partly due to ADD (HA! i can really blame it for something), if it's not fast and doesn't kill you if you step around the wrong corner in five seconds (Counter-Strike, the Battlefield franchise NOT THE FRIGGIN CONSOLE CRAP! the pc versions!, HALO, Tribes 2, JK 2 multiplayer) then I don't even wanna touch it, but this game... it's crazy. i went ahead and let my bro play it first because he's the one that rented it, and when i saw the fighting structure, the customizability, the unbelievably well written story lines. I HAD TO HAVE IT! it's still to this day the only rpg i play (both KOTOR's). i haven't even touched jade empire because a) i'm a SW nut b) i can't let another video game ruin my social life like BF2142, ETQW, and the KOTOR's have. i will probably get it eventually.

"Just because I saved her doesn't mean I'm going to charge up her loading ramp!"

~the exile
spawn613 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 10:59 AM   #43
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

My first impressions

I decided to start my navigation through the forum here, and this is my first post. I played and completed KOTOR I back in August of last year, and was completely hooked from my first minute into the game until the last. I'm not an avid gamer, so this was a major time investment for me. I also am married with 2 little ones, work full time, and I'm getting my MBA full time as well, so it's difficult to find time to squeeze in for video games... but man this was well worth it.

I believe the story line is as good as, if not better than, the movies. It really is awesome. And I informed my wife that she has some competition with Bastila.

I'm about to start KOTOR II/TSL this weekend. I know there's been a long gap, but I finally will have some time to dedicate while I am out of town on a business trip. I hope to dedicate a good 40-50 hours to the game while I'm there, and potentially complete it during the trip. I am seriously so pumped!
Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #44
JCarter426

Haven't played K2 yet, eh? Do me a favor--don't judge it until you've played it at least twice.

As for my first reaction...

Don't remember the first time I played K1. Seriously, I don't. But I remember being amazed by the start of K2, and disappointed by its ending, and then thoroughly confused for a bit, until about a year or two later when I tried to piece together all the cut content and such. Still haven't figured out everything, of course, but I'm getting there.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 12:14 PM   #45
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I won't judge too quickly...

Can you explain what C8-42 is? I see that you said it's a comic and novel adaptation... is it also a game?
Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2008, 01:10 AM   #46
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426
Do me a favor--don't judge it until you've played it at least twice.
So true, there are so many possibilities and different combinations depending on which path you take, and what gender you are in the game.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #47
Role
Lurker

Just got KOTOR (finally...), first impressions are...

"Character models are FUGLY. I wonder if I can find some good mods to fix that... Just having more than eight or nine faces to choose from for starters would go a looooong way..."

Currently Playing: Golden Sun Dark Dawn, KOTOR
Role is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2010, 08:19 PM   #48
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
"Character models are FUGLY.
It's 7 years old, cut it some slack.

Quote:
I wonder if I can find some good mods to fix that... Just having more than eight or nine faces to choose from for starters would go a looooong way..."
No worries about this, though. There are several, and I mean it, mods that add more characters to choose from (including aliens).

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2010, 02:36 AM   #49
Misty82
Rookie

I fell in love with it the first time I played through, really. The love has magnified over the years, with the help of fanfiction, fanart, and of course the wonderful mods people have made, but it was finally a game that said "you're a Jedi, these are your companions, this is what you have to do, find a way to do it. Have fun."

TSL has grown on me a bit more (I disliked it a lot when I first went through), playing as a female my second time around really helped, but the first game was just one of those that got me within the first moments of gameplay.
Misty82 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2012, 05:41 AM   #50
Smashbro1000
Rookie

KOTOR is one of my all-time favorite games. Each time playing it has been rewarding, but the 1st time I played through this masterpiece was a unique experience.
Smashbro1000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Official "My first Impressions"-Thread