lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Little question on difficulty
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-18-2003, 03:54 PM   #1
Rjaniz

Little question on difficulty

Normally I don't really struggle with beating games, but RPGs I usually find that I haven't taken enough time to level up properly and wind up getting my butt whooped when it comes to stronger enemies. (an example would be FF8, I got all the way on the third disc with no upgrades and 2-3 GF...but I digress). This game seems to be....easy.

Maybe it's just the way I "understand" this game, but so far, I haven't had ANY problems with ANY beatable enemy. except that Rancor, he was an interesting 10 minute stare down.

So, I gotta ask, has it been this smooth sailing on everyone? Or did I finally land on a game that just works well with my playing style? I hope I'm not sounding braggish, but I'm getting worried that i'm NOT getting my butt kicked. It's not normal for me and RPGs.
Rjaniz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2003, 01:03 AM   #2
Darth Fufu
Rookie

It's been difficult for me in many places but it has gone pretty smooth.

WWJD

I'll force grip you...I'll give you a good saberin...I am a dark jedi...I am DARTH FUFU!
Darth Fufu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2003, 01:22 AM   #3
Jedi Apprentice
Fallen

Just wait.....

Just wait.....

Trust me it gets a lot more difficult. Where are you by chance and I can see how difficult it was for me.

WWJD
Video Game Central---Administrator
StarWarsKnights.com
EchoBase Network--News Poster

This do in remeberance of Burrie:
Jedi Apprentice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2003, 01:30 AM   #4
Rjaniz

Well i'm here:

spoiler:
I've just settled the "Romeo and Juliet" Dispute. Those droids in the temple were a bit of a pain, but nothing a few gernades couldn't handle. I suspect there was a trick with the computers, but all the combinations I put in were wrong. So i had to waste the droids. Pity really.

So it does get harder? Good. Was afraid the universe was going to let me get away with it. Whew, surprisingly, I'm glad to hear that. Strange huh?
Rjaniz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2003, 01:31 AM   #5
Darth Fufu
Rookie

spoiler:
Right now I'm looking for any one of those ancient map thingys...
I didn't say it was easy but it hasn't gotten incredibly hard.

WWJD

I'll force grip you...I'll give you a good saberin...I am a dark jedi...I am DARTH FUFU!
Darth Fufu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2003, 01:43 AM   #6
Jedi Apprentice
Fallen

If the game is too easy, why don't you change the difficulty settings?

Or you could try playing with a blind-fold on. That would surely make things harder.

WWJD
Video Game Central---Administrator
StarWarsKnights.com
EchoBase Network--News Poster

This do in remeberance of Burrie:
Jedi Apprentice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2003, 02:52 AM   #7
JediJosh80
Rookie

difficulty

trust me it does get much more difficult the further you get in the game regardless of the difficulty level you selected at the beggining. It took me about five minutes to solve the rancor problem and that has been the only real challenge for me so far, but i have noticed that the enemies are quite a bit harder to kill once you get to Dantooine and they get smarter too. So believe me you should run around getting into battles so that you can level up your characters. JediJosh80
JediJosh80 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > Little question on difficulty