lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Cantina Part 11- The Darkest Hour
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-12-2003, 08:04 PM   #401
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
*Fused Irvine smiles and turns around, looking up.*

Fused Irvine "For whats it's worth, Deac will be first. I take it that news travels fast now-a-days..."
Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2003, 06:28 AM   #402
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
*Evan suppresses a smile at Odin's comment*

Warren: No offense, but if you remember...we weren't referring to your minds, but rather to the minds of the, ah, writers of these sections, which were all, well, mages of races from our dimension.

Adriana: *embarrassed* Well, um, ...*she takes the scrolls from Warren and hands them to Vidar* Have a look if you want.

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2003, 05:57 PM   #403
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Hot Topic Starter Roleplayer 
Atredis

Lokpihet: I need to leave before he gets here. We all do. Let his rage builds until it consumes him. In that case, I'll be departing for the Lucifer. Coming?

---------------------------

Beler: I don't think he's a threat to us, anyway.

Deac: Purveyor of Fine Quality Postage Since 2001
Deac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2003, 06:10 PM   #404
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
*Odin looks at Warren as one who looks at a very young child*

Odin: Perhaps your write. Perhaps your wrong. You have had only access to your scrolls.

*Vidar takes the scrolls and studies them for a minute. He then hands them back, and begins writing on some papers. As he finishes one sheet he hands them to Svafa who studies those.*

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2003, 06:36 PM   #405
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Ackbar: This is not a Rebellion, this is a true Civil War, Much of the military has sided with us, this gives us an advantage. We have weight behind us, more of our soldiers may get defect. What we gain the Republic will loose.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2003, 08:44 PM   #406
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Greer: Agreed sir, but they are still building weapons, like the one that almost destroyed Corusant. I just hope we got enough good pilots.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2003, 11:31 PM   #407
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Adriana: Right. Well. That's why we're here, isn't it? Now, my analyzations tell me that part of the linguistic makeup of these scrolls has been removed, or hidden. Naturally, there are powerful magics weaved into the Scrolls themselves, which may or may not have something to do with this. Since we were told to come to you, I'm hoping you'll be able to help us.

Old 11-14-2003, 02:15 AM   #408
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Odin: That is what my son and daughter are doing.

Now something that I dislike is when people ask for my-our help and are not forthcoming with information. Especially when helping them may force me onto a side. Some of you may see what I mean for those that don't. I'll clarify, Before you see one word of the of our scrolls you will be completly forthcoming. Tall order, but to begin with you can state who you are aligned with, what are yours objectives, and the objectives of your fraction. Furthermore, you will need to state who opposes you.

Fail to do that and then you will not see the scrolls. Another apocalypse doesn't concern me greatly.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 11-14-2003, 04:28 PM   #409
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Coruscant

Beler: *Thinking of his brother* I know we've got one...

Old 11-14-2003, 09:36 PM   #410
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Flax: We have enough good pilots, the problem will be foot soldiers. That's your department, General. *Turns to Madine.*

Madine: Provided we have good NCOs and a lot of recuits we shouldn't have a problem. The difficulty will be in equiping them.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 11-14-2003, 09:40 PM   #411
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Adriana: ...Didn't Rwos tell you about us?

Orion: *looking at Rwos* Obviously not.

Rwos: No one mentioned that would be necessary until now.

Orion: Well, Lord Odin, except for Rwos here, we neither sympathize with nor oppose...or even care about anyone in your dimension. Our objectives here to find out what the Sleepers are, who they are, and what they mean for us. Some of the others may or may not pretend to care about the "good" of this dimension, but quite frankly, an apocalypse here doesn't concern me either. Unless it's going to spill over into my dwelling place.

*She pauses. The others look awkward.* Also, if you don't like people who aren't forthcoming with information, I'm surprised you associate with Rwos.

Warren: *awkwardly* We aren't, ah, a faction, so to speak... Most of us -not me- are Blades, but this is not at all Blade, er, business. You see, we are discoverers or inheriters of the Blood Scrolls...or at least, trusted friends of Rwos, and as you are friends of Rwos as well, we trust...er, *glancing at Orion* hope you will, ah, help us. *glancing quickly at Orion, then away* You see, it is said that those who have found or possess the Blood Scrolls are fated to be affected by them. You of course, being one of the writers, already know your fate. But we...we don't.

Old 11-14-2003, 10:14 PM   #412
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Greer: How difficult do you believe it will be?

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 11-15-2003, 04:37 AM   #413
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Odin: You should have know Rwos.

Concering fate? Do you really want to know your fate? To know when, and how your going to die? To know when others around you are going to perish?

If this is the case then we will not help you, also consider this before answering. If something is fated to be, then it is inevitable, whether you like it or not. And finally keep in mind that I could care less about your dimension, but I do care a little about this galaxy. So if by helping you this galaxy doesn't get some benefit I will not help.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 11-15-2003, 06:50 PM   #414
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Beler: They've got a lot of the supply depots. That could make things harder.

Old 11-15-2003, 11:53 PM   #415
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Greer: How hard will it be to take over some of these depots, considering the resources we have?

Old 11-16-2003, 05:18 AM   #416
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Warren: Concerning fate? It's highly unlikely that the Blood Scrolls tell of our deaths, unless we die in the specific events the Scrolls describe. The majority of the Scrolls describe such things... Not, ah, life stories.

Rwos: *looking disappointed at the direction of the conversation* Of course this galaxy will be benefitted. I'm sure you know how I feel about this dimension's well-being. I brought them here because I trust them to help me...even if not for the same reasons...

*Adriana intently watches Vidar and Svafa, clicking her equipment hopefully*

Old 11-16-2003, 05:26 AM   #417
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
*Odin shakes his head at Warren's comments*

Odin: I wonder if you remember that I took part in the writing of the scolls. I have some knowledge of what they contain and what they don't contain. The point stands that if something is fated to be, it will happen regardless.

And Rwos, the paths of evil are often paved with good intentions.

*While this was going on Vidar finished writing, Svafa soon looked up. She had 5 pieces of paper that Vidar had written*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 11-16-2003, 05:31 AM   #418
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Warren: My apologies...I only assumed that the Scrolls you wrote had similar content to the many others that I've seen.

*Adriana looks at Svafa hopefully* Anything to tell?

Old 11-16-2003, 05:39 AM   #419
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Odin: She won't answer you, but I'm sure what my heirs have produced are very telling. They are the pertinent parts of the bloodscrolls. At least they are the only parts you may see.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 11-16-2003, 05:45 AM   #420
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Adriana: *looking hurt* Alright...

*The group waits for the Aesir to do something*

Old 11-16-2003, 06:02 AM   #421
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Odin: Don't bother looking hurt. She is showing me respect for not answering out of turn.

Now here we are at the core of the problem. Your section of scrolls say to look for us. Our tell us to be wary of those that seek the scrolls. I've given you a couple of chances now, and I'll give you one final chance.

My mistrust of you mainly comes from the fact that your so called dimensional police force, aka the blades Are splitting. If I am to help you besides teh other conditions, you must be the more honorable of the two. So convince me that it is your side.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 11-16-2003, 06:40 AM   #422
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((OOS: How does Odin know that the Blades are splitting? [unless he has an informant who records our conversations together ;p]))

Old 11-16-2003, 12:43 PM   #423
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

(( Lost power from thrus (11:32am) to sat night (approx 1am)))

((Thinks about forgetting something...))

[Before time skip]

*Korriban*

*Irvine gets on his speeder and begins following his father. About a few thousand yards he stops, looking at the dark tower that laid behind him. He thinks of the power he had for the moment that he could barely remember, even if it wasn't very long from that current moment.

He turns around back to the tower.*

----------

*Getting to the tower again, he stairs back up at the enterence, consentrating he force jumps higher then his previous jump, grabing hold of the ledge and climbing up onto the cliff.

He stares into the still open doorway, and walks back in.*
---------------

[After time skip

*Irvine on his speeder pulls up along side of Cracken's and Starr's parked speeders. He held an eerie arua about him, like when he had during his burst of anger, but controlled.*

((okay take it away red ))
Old 11-16-2003, 04:02 PM   #424
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Beler: Probably considerable resources, but it could be done.

--------------------------------

Lucifer

*Lokpihet reboards his flagship*

Old 11-16-2003, 04:07 PM   #425
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((The same way I figured it out Red. you piece bits of information together then make an educated guess. There are more then enough clues.))

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 11-16-2003, 09:21 PM   #426
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Flax: We'll just hit a few convoys, like in the old days. *Sighs.* I'f ypu'll excuse me I have a funeral to plan. I'll have Page show you to your rooms.

*A Page appears from behind a heavy velvet curtain.*

Page: This way, Sirs.

*Having droped the Generals off the Page leads Greer down a wide corridor, into the West wing of the Palace, from there they turn right, into another corridor and finally stop out side an almost normal0sized door, with the same Gothic woodwork as the rest of the building. The Page opens the door, inside is a comfortably small sitting room in a dark, woodland green, more varnished wood is in evidance, this time pine. On one side a door leads off to a bedroom and on the other side one leads off to a fully eqipped bathroom. The other wall is taken up with a large balcony, closed off from the outside with glass doors. Currently it was raining.*

Page: If you need anything just call. *Points to wall mointed comlink.* General Cracken will want to brief you in an hour or so. Someone will be up to get you then.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 11-16-2003, 11:16 PM   #427
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Greer: Thank you. Guess I'd better get ready then.

Old 11-17-2003, 12:53 AM   #428
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Orion: You assume too much, Lord Odin. You were already told that we are not here as Blades, but as allies of Termand Rwos. Further, of all of us in this room, Evan, Adriana and Rwos are the only "true" Blades. That is why they wear their masks. I have the Blade magic inside me but I have nothing to do with their organization. Warren is not a Blade at all.

Adriana: Maybe I can clear things up a little. The Blades are splitting because not everyone agrees on our purpose. We were always meant to be guardians, helpers. But some believe that we should be a...police force, like you just said. Others believe we should use our power to rule the dimensions. *wryly* Hopefully you can see the virtue of our side?

Orion: You already know what you want to know, so perhaps you could stop toying with us. Time does mean something to us mortals.

Old 11-17-2003, 01:08 AM   #429
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Odin: Time is irrelevant, what is fated to happen will happen when it is appropiate to happen. Once I was rash like you when I was young. Now I am old and have learned the virtue of patience. Regardless, now comes the time when I must pass my judgement on you.

*Odin drops his arm down and a blade drops into his hand it was hidden in his robes. He takes the blade puts the tip on the table and spins the blade. Keeping it upright with his finger. Without warning he grabs the blade and flicks his wrist. It flies across the room and hits the wall a little above Adriana's head.*

You will have our help if you agree to these terms. Certain items that may be brought up are very dangerous in this dimension. As such they are not to be spoken in this dimension without my permission. If you don't abide by this then you will forfiet your life in this dimension. We will hunt you down and kill you. If you do not agree to this then we will not aid you.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 11-17-2003, 01:15 AM   #430
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Orion: We agree. Let's get on with it.

Old 11-17-2003, 01:21 AM   #431
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Odin: You much each swear to these terms. No one man my speak for others.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 11-17-2003, 01:25 AM   #432
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Rwos: I've already agreed.

Adriana: I agree.

Evan: Sure.

Warren: I, ah, agree as well.

Old 11-17-2003, 01:31 AM   #433
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Odin: Even though they are not here, you will be held countable for your other companions, so make them aware if they talk they will forfiet your lives.

Now please lay your scolls on the table.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 11-17-2003, 01:33 AM   #434
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

*Adriana does so*

Old 11-17-2003, 01:48 AM   #435
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
*Odin motions to Vidar, who takes back the sheets of paper from svafa and begins to line them up with the table.*

Odin: Once the scrolls were written, they were made indecipherable with a incantation. To make them readable again all the necessary scrolls must be combined. The incantation to make them readable is not a spell of your magic.

*Vidar puts his hand over the scrolls*

Vidar: Perth Jera Nauthiz Ansuz.

*Lightning seems to race form Vidar's hand and dances across the scrolls. When it subsides the scrolls' lettering has been entirely rearranged. Vidar sits back and holds his hand.*

Odin: I believe you should be able to read those now.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 11-17-2003, 05:12 AM   #436
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Orion: Adriana, go ahead.

*Adriana picks up the scrolls and quickly reads them*

Adriana: It's an incantation. It appears to be meant to summon something.

Old 11-17-2003, 04:57 PM   #437
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
*Odin nods in affirmation*

Odin: It is an incantation for or of your magic.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 11-18-2003, 04:10 PM   #438
Deac
Now in 4-D!

*The Corellian Corvette drops out of Hyperspace at Atredis. Deac looks at the viewscreen.

A once green, beautiful world now shows huge scars of orbital bombardment.*

Deac: LOKPIHET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Several more metal objects bend unnaturally. Deac lands the Corvette, and immedialtely walks to a nearby fighter*

Deac: You people don't want to see this

*Prepares for launch*

Old 11-18-2003, 04:10 PM   #439
Deac
Now in 4-D!

*The Corellian Corvette drops out of Hyperspace at Atredis. Deac looks at the viewscreen.

A once green, beautiful world now shows huge scars of orbital bombardment.*

Deac: LOKPIHET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Several more metal objects bend unnaturally. Deac lands the Corvette, and immedialtely walks to a nearby fighter*

Deac: You people don't want to see this

*Prepares for launch*

Old 11-18-2003, 06:01 PM   #440
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

((Post killed ))

Last edited by Kuuki; 11-19-2003 at 04:31 PM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > Role Playing > Cantina Part 11- The Darkest Hour