lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-22-2003, 01:55 AM   #81
Darth-Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Reprehence
+set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

ain't working for me . The only way I"m getting good dismemberment is g_saberrealisticcombat 9. I tried set g_sabermorerealistic 3, as well as 9 - but nothing - its more like saberrealisticcombat 0 or 1. Am I missing something?

also - has anyone checked the NPC files for dismemberment probabilities to see if that can be changed?
place the following:
set g_sabermorerealistic "2"
set g_dismemberProbabilities "100"
set g_dismemberment "3"

in an autoexec.cfg, and keep it in the shortcut command line as well, you can add devmapall to autoexec.cfg as well...Just in case, you can place devmapall on a line in autoexec.cfg, followed be helpusobi 1 on another, and devmapall again (sometimes it screws up and cheats are not enabled)

or place the following:
seta g_sabermorerealistic "2"
seta g_dismemberProbabilities "100"
seta g_dismemberment "3"

in your jaconfig.cfg

hope this info helps.

"Do or Do Not, there is no Try." Master Yoda..
Darth-Ra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 01:58 AM   #82
ChangKhan[RAVEN]
Raven Software

Quote:
Originally posted by Tesla
So in the custom options when picking Tw'liek the color options for the skin are basically the same as the color options for say Human Male clothes, or can are they different, if they are can we change the skin color of a Human Male to bright Red ?
They're different for each model - they're defined in the playerchoice.txt in each model's directory (the existance of that file, btw, is what tells the game that that model is a customizable player model that you should be able to choose from in the character model customization menu).

You cannot tint the skin color of any race other than the Twilek (unless you want to mess with the skin files for the other models and make the skin tintable rather than the clothes, using the Twilek as an example). You *can* also just paint a new skin for the other models with a different skin tone (or different features altogether, whatever you like).

Michael Chang Gummelt
Game Programmer
Jedi Academy
Raven Software
ChangKhan[RAVEN] is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 02:05 AM   #83
ChangKhan[RAVEN]
Raven Software

just a note about "devmapall". "devmapall" is just a variation on the "devmap" command which loads a map with cheats enabled. There's no reason to type "devmapall". The "all" on it just tells the game to reload *all* the assets fresh, to not use the cached models, skins, sounds, textures, bsp file, etc. If you're not changing assets and reloading a map, don't use devmapall because it will just make your load times longer. "devmap" will work just fine.

Also, technically, you don't need to type "devmap" to enable cheats. You can load a map or savegame, then type "helpusobi 1" to enable cheats.

Michael Chang Gummelt
Game Programmer
Jedi Academy
Raven Software
Old 09-22-2003, 12:20 PM   #84
Flashblade

Ah somebody from Raven. I have got a question. Why didn't you make the staffstyle kicks available for every saber "class" in single player since every npc (Jedi & Sith) can kick being every Saber class! I mean balancing is not really an issue right? I would understand that not everybody gets them in Multi!

Can you tell me how I can enable it for every class in single player?

By the way thx Durocha

Last edited by Flashblade; 09-22-2003 at 01:07 PM.
Flashblade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 01:14 PM   #85
Scoundrel
Rookie

This has been asked couple of times, but still no answer, so..
How can I get that darn saber picking work in full version?
Scoundrel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 01:46 PM   #86
Damar Stiehl

Ha. I accidentally set g_dismemberment to 100 instead of g_dismemberprobabilities. Even kicking dismembers in this case - you get some sort of "superkick" that makes stormtroopers fall apart... heeehee...

Our hearts are free from anger,
Our cause we know is just,
Kill not for joy or hatred,
We fight because we must.
Damar Stiehl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 01:48 PM   #87
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Hey raven programmer, lots of ppl are complaining about the saber off for the staff. The saber goes through your arm!

Xbox 360 Gamertag: cr0wnes7
Crow_Nest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 02:26 PM   #88
Flashblade

Re: HOW TO CHANGE YOUR CUSTOM PLAYER MODEL (IN-GAME)

Quote:
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
The easiest way is to bring down the console and type:

uimenu charactermenu
I get an error message when I try that!

Warning: Menus_ActivateByName:Unable to find menu 'charactermenu'
Old 09-22-2003, 03:54 PM   #89
ChangKhan[RAVEN]
Raven Software

Re: Re: HOW TO CHANGE YOUR CUSTOM PLAYER MODEL (IN-GAME)

Quote:
Originally posted by Flashblade
I get an error message when I try that!

Warning: Menus_ActivateByName:Unable to find menu 'charactermenu'
Ah, yes, it seems it doesn't actually work when you're in the level, crap. Guess you have to do it the hard way! :/

EDIT: okay, there is a way to be able to access that menu in-game, but I don't recommend it because it will *always* load that menu when you load a level and, thereby, increase your loading time. But, if you MUST have it, you can do this:

extract the ui.menus.txt and ui/ingame.txt from the .pk3 file into your base folder. Then, open the menus.txt and copy the line with the ui/character.menu reference and paste that into the ingame.txt (before the final "}").

Now you can type this to bring up the character menu in-game:

uimenu charactermenu

Make your selections, then hit next, then go back to the game. You'll notice you still look the same. The game needs to get the new custom look from the menu, to do this, type:

playermodel player

This tells the game to re-initialize the player model from the menu cvars.

Now, again, I don't recommend this - this makes the game load extra stuff when loading a map, but if you *must* have it, go for it...

Michael Chang Gummelt
Game Programmer
Jedi Academy
Raven Software
Old 09-22-2003, 04:22 PM   #90
Darth Stryke

I was playing around and used playermodel boba fett and well, you can use his Jetpack and fly anywhere with it if you use his model. It is pretty cool, too bad I still cannot figure out how to use the flamethrower....yet.

"Never argue with a fool, for he could be doing the same."
Darth Stryke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 04:38 PM   #91
Flashblade

I see thx ChangKhan I see if the extra loading time gets real bad with that! Now could you have a look at this thread again? http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...hreadid=111511

I've a question for you there as well if you can answer that.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:50 PM   #92
ChangKhan[RAVEN]
Raven Software

Quote:
Ah somebody from Raven. I have got a question. Why didn't you make the staffstyle kicks available for every saber "class" in single player since every npc (Jedi & Sith) can kick being every Saber class! I mean balancing is not really an issue right? I would understand that not everybody gets them in Multi!

Can you tell me how I can enable it for every class in single player?

By the way thx Durocha
Because it balances the sabers.

Because the staff is a short-range weapon.

Because you can't throw the staff.

Because staff style is more acrobatic (like Darth Maul throwing kicks in with ease in Ep. 1).

Because you kick with alt-fire and throw the saber with alt-fire, so we would have had to add another button just for kicking.

You can type "iknowkungfu" to get the "melee" weapon (bare hands) and that lets you punch with primary fire, kick with alt-fire and grab and throw people if you hit both fire buttons at once (the type of throw depends on whether you're pressing forward, backward or neither).

Michael Chang Gummelt
Game Programmer
Jedi Academy
Raven Software
Old 09-22-2003, 05:09 PM   #93
Darkseed

ChangKhan can I ask you why you removed the destroyer siege map that was shown in a picture from a magazine a while back? The nav file for the map is still in there and there's alot of references to it in several files. The map seemed really awesome since you could fly ships in it and all.

Maybe you're planning to include the map in a future patch?
Darkseed is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 05:11 PM   #94
Wheelchairboy

Hey Chang, can you comment on the g_saberpickuppabledroppedsabers variable. Is there a reason why it does not work in the retail version but does in the demo?

Just wondering, it was a really cool feature and opened the door for a bunch of different ways of playing the game.

Wheelchairboy
Wheelchairboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 07:10 PM   #95
Flashblade

Quote:
Because you can't throw the staff.
Oho do I know more than you? That is actually not true you CAN throw the staff all you have to do for this is to press the change stance key the second blade will be deactivated and than you can throw the staff

But thanks for the melee weapon code that sounds interesting Ive got to try that

And another thing thank you very much for taking alot of time in the forums today!
Old 09-22-2003, 07:47 PM   #96
BS87
Rookie

Quote:
Oho do I know more than you? That is actually not true you CAN throw the staff all you have to do for this is to press the change stance key the second blade will be deactivated and than you can throw the staff
Ahh, but then its not a staff. It is a single blade, stuck on the medium style
BS87 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 08:37 PM   #97
Flashblade

Re: Re: Re: HOW TO CHANGE YOUR CUSTOM PLAYER MODEL (IN-GAME)

Quote:
EDIT: okay, there is a way to be able to access that menu in-game, but I don't recommend it because it will *always* load that menu when you load a level and, thereby, increase your loading time. But, if you MUST have it, you can do this:

extract the ui.menus.txt and ui/ingame.txt from the .pk3 file into your base folder. Then, open the menus.txt and copy the line with the ui/character.menu reference and paste that into the ingame.txt (before the final "}").

Now you can type this to bring up the character menu in-game:

uimenu charactermenu

Make your selections, then hit next, then go back to the game. You'll notice you still look the same. The game needs to get the new custom look from the menu, to do this, type:

playermodel player

This tells the game to re-initialize the player model from the menu cvars.

Now, again, I don't recommend this - this makes the game load extra stuff when loading a map, but if you *must* have it, go for it...
This is not working as well. I still get the same error message. I hope you take a look at this thread again. Uhm when I extracted the files they were in ui folder should they stay in this folder in base folder???
Old 09-22-2003, 08:42 PM   #98
Flashblade

whatever you can throw the staff if needed. Does it matter that only one blade is active? Not for me!

Another thing dang muhahahaha this melee mode is ultra fun. Wanna return the favor when Kyle kicks punches and throws you around with iknowkungfu you can. You have the same moves available
Old 09-22-2003, 11:48 PM   #99
ChangKhan[RAVEN]
Raven Software

Re: Re: Re: Re: HOW TO CHANGE YOUR CUSTOM PLAYER MODEL (IN-GAME)

Quote:
This is not working as well. I still get the same error message. I hope you take a look at this thread again. Uhm when I extracted the files they were in ui folder should they stay in this folder in base folder???
They should be in base/ui

I haven't tried this with the retail version, just our local build here that we develop with... perhaps it doesn't work with .pk3 files? Maybe it's reading the .pk3 version of the ingame.txt instead of the one you extracted? Where is it located and what are it's contents (after you edited it)?

Michael Chang Gummelt
Game Programmer
Jedi Academy
Raven Software
Old 09-23-2003, 02:09 AM   #100
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I know the playermodel can be used to select either componants for a custom character or one of the NPCs as the model for the player. But I am wondering what the best way is to use a custom model as the player.

The only way I see to do it so far is to create a .npc file containing information about the model, desired lightsaber, and so on. Is using the playermodel command this way the best way to use a custom model for the player?

I am also wondering about getting different lightsaber stances. In JO, simply setting the saber offense to 3 was enough to get the blue, yellow, and red stances. This doesn't seem to be the case in JA. I am not sure how the settings in the .npc file affect the lightsaber abilities of the character. How can I set the game up so I can use certain lightsaber stances? For example, a player that can use blue, yellow, and red?

Finally, it seems that using playermodel <NPC> gives the character the abilities of the NPC selected. Is this solely based on the .npc file? What would I have to do so that I can only use the model and not any abilities of the npc?

Thanks for any help
Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 03:27 AM   #101
Tesla

I have another question,
When on the Hoth level you are wearing a Jacket and Different trousers, you've metioned above the commands for the different models if we wish to change are player model anytime in-game, but can we change to the Hoth clothing on any level, if so what command do we put ?
Tesla is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 04:10 AM   #102
Avitor

Thanks Chang!

I think we should all express some thanks to Chang for responding on this forum. A lot of game designers never do that kind of thing.

And Chang, I'm with Wheelchairboy on the g_saberpickuppabledroppedsabers variable. Might we see it in an upcoming patch?

"He was a wise man who invented beer." - Plato
Avitor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 11:44 AM   #103
defalc

Is the sithsword useable in MP?

Jedi Frycook
defalc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 12:52 PM   #104
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by defalc
Is the sithsword useable in MP?
I think you must have a cheat enabled server first.

then type "saber sith_sword"

Xbox 360 Gamertag: cr0wnes7
Crow_Nest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 03:19 PM   #105
Flashblade

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HOW TO CHANGE YOUR CUSTOM PLAYER MODEL (IN-GAME)

Quote:
They should be in base/ui

I haven't tried this with the retail version, just our local build here that we develop with... perhaps it doesn't work with .pk3 files? Maybe it's reading the .pk3 version of the ingame.txt instead of the one you extracted? Where is it located and what are it's contents (after you edited it)?
Yay I got it working so I will tell now how it works because it is the only way to change your appearance on the fly and to know what will be the end result. ChangKhan the .pk3 files was the needed advice. Sure it reads the ingame.txt from assets1.pk3. So I followed your manual put the line about charactermenu in ingame.txt and put the edited version into assets1.pk3. Now you can open the Charactermenu with "uimenu charactermenu" in the console. Change your appearance there and exit means use BACK button or press escape. DO NOT CONTINUE TO THE SABERMENU IT WILL SCREW UP YOUR STANCE AND STYLE. When I entered that menu and left than I had staffstyle with one single saber and only yellow and red stance. After you left the menu immediately type playermodel player in the console. Do not run or jump around since the information of your appearance change WILL be lost!

Thats it have fun with that, the possibility really makes sense when you go the dark path since it allows you to change your appearance to look more Dark Jedi (Twilek is perfect. There is a set of all dark clothes)!

Thx ChangKhan for giving me the right idea

Oh one more thing. Since you said you would not advice to do that because load times increase. On my system (Athlon 2000MHz, 500MB DDR RAM) I couldn't note that the load time significantly increases. The impact on the load times must be near zero (at least for me)!
Old 09-23-2003, 03:28 PM   #106
Mr.Hawai
Lurker

i changed the g_corpseremoveltime command in the jaconfig to "0" and it works just fine.
but the dismembered body parts i cut off my opponents still disappear. is there a way to make them stay like the corpses?
Mr.Hawai is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 05:00 PM   #107
Gav

Thumbs up Thanx

Quote:
Originally posted by Durocha
Bind [key] "toggle cl_run"

And I quoted the wrong post, but that's the toggle walk command. Now all I want is the command to toggle crouching.
I'll have to try it out, i was wondering about that the other day.
I was trying to do something by putting a "!" somewhere in the bind value, but that didn't change ne thing. Maybe Chang can help u out with the crouch key.

P.S. Chang - I also wanted to thank you for takin' the time to comment in the forums, it's greatly appreciated, at least it should be,
Gav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 09:16 PM   #108
killer173
Lurker

Scepter

Any1 find out how to use the scepter yet?

Matt
killer173 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 09:19 PM   #109
Flashblade

Correction: When you are in the Character Menu you HAVE to klick the next button. If you just change your appearance and hit back or press escape the change WON'T be registered. After you select your new outfit klick next you are now in the saber menu. hit back 2 times or press escape. Now type playermodel player and you should look like what you selected in the Character menu. However as a mood point I found out that the entering of the saber menu will screw staffstyle (you have a single saber) though not dual saber. To bring your staff back type "saber dual_?; (? replaced by number 1-5 to select the respective hilt) sabercolor [your choice]" in the console.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:53 PM   #110
NVShacker

No, I've been trying. Best I've done is control a Tavion with it, but I couldn't use the scepter unless I did a kata which made the saber and the sword do the two saber kata. Bah.

Cheers, NVShacker
NVShacker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 10:10 PM   #111
killabilly
Rookie

how do u spawn tavion with the secptor?

when i type in tavion_new it only gives me tavion with 1 saber.

also what do u type in to get a sith sword??
killabilly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 10:33 PM   #112
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Does anyone know how to get the different saber stances in SP? In particular, I am interested in getting blue, yellow, and red stances for the single saber. But any ideas on how to set the available stances in general would be appreciated!
Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 11:24 PM   #113
Darth-Ra

Re: Scepter

Quote:
Originally posted by killer173
Any1 find out how to use the scepter yet?

Matt
Yes just type in
saber sith_scepter and press [enter], as you would use any of the sabers... As far as I am aware It works in SP, haven't tried it in mp...

Old 09-24-2003, 12:50 AM   #114
killer173
Lurker

Re: Re: Scepter

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth-Ra
Yes just type in
saber sith_scepter and press [enter], as you would use any of the sabers... As far as I am aware It works in SP, haven't tried it in mp...
just tried it and it isnt working for me.....

Matt
killer173 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2003, 01:00 PM   #115
AgentDarthThor
Rookie

I'd like to know is it possible to have 2 different colored blades for the saberstaff in mutiplayer, i know its possible in sp cause i figured it out very easily...however mp is proving more difficult.
AgentDarthThor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2003, 06:11 PM   #116
ninja

does anyone know a command to play as the bob fett model with his jetpack on in FFA? as for now i only know that you get the jetpack in siege games. i dont care about flying, just having a jetpack looks more complete.

thanks.

thread for model ideas, you might find great ideas. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83939

all S-wars comic character gallery http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/lobby.html
ninja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2003, 06:16 PM   #117
|GG|Carl
Invisible

Today I noticed that you can write just:

"/Iknowkungfu"

instead of:

"/give weaponnum 14"
"/bind x weapon 14"
"/g_debugmelee"

to use fists.

WHY HAS NO ONE TOLD ME BEFORE?

doh! I'll have to keep myself more updated!
|GG|Carl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2003, 09:04 PM   #118
Darth-Ra

Re: Re: Re: Scepter

Quote:
Originally posted by killer173
just tried it and it isnt working for me.....

Matt
Did you enter devmapall or helpusobi 1 before typing saber sith_scepter? be sure you have a level loaded first if you are trying it in MP then I don't know how to make it work!!

Last edited by Darth-Ra; 09-24-2003 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:13 PM   #119
SHaDoWKiLL
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
Note on dismemberment:

[/QUOTE]

Ok, I can't quite get this to work, when I enter off quicksave it dismember and when I bring up ctrl+~ theres a message at the top that says its write protected. I got this to work once on the last level but thats it, it wouldn't work for Taspir. Can anyone help me?
SHaDoWKiLL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2003, 10:49 PM   #120
ninja

Quote:
Originally posted by ninja
does anyone know a command to play as the bob fett model with his jetpack on in FFA? as for now i only know that you get the jetpack in siege games. i dont care about flying, just having a jetpack looks more complete.

thanks.
can anyone help me with this please?

thread for model ideas, you might find great ideas. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83939

all S-wars comic character gallery http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/lobby.html
ninja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)