lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: JKA: Vehicles WIP - Speeder Bike, STAP & Dewback Pix
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-23-2003, 12:02 AM   #121
kmd
Rookie

yes very true. not to to big there
kmd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2003, 12:19 AM   #122
t3rr0r
Goblet of Fire

Quote:
Originally posted by Zappa_0
Hey moon heres an idea for the mine's with the speeder. Is to make the Sith Probe Droids come out from the back of it. In the toy version of the speeder it has a probe droid in the back and I think iy would be cool to do with it. But if its not possible, its still a good idea. And I would also like to beta test it if you dont care.

JediOutcastMovies@msn.com
if somebody were to model a sith probe droid, all they'd have to do is replace the seeker/remote.

overlord
t3rr0r is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2003, 06:19 AM   #123
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

I'd love to do a SIth Probe mine thingy, but I'm not really experienced with the effects editor and I really don't want to be screwing around with it. I've enough to do already.
I added a glow to the sith speeder's control panel, tweaked the vehicle file and made a custom weapon file so the mines work better now.
Anyways, just one more round of testing to do on it and then I will release it this weekend.

Dusted of my old Skiff model. Here it is in current form - I have to finsih the handrails though and add a wee bit more detail (Since it was originally going to be just a map object)

Monsoontide
monsoontide is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2003, 10:11 AM   #124
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Nice Skiff, everything is looking great!

Zappa_0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2003, 02:45 PM   #125
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Post Thanks

Duncan has the speeder bike, so hopefully he will get time to work on it soon, as well as working on animating the Dewback.

I am working on finishing up the Ewok Glider and Anakins AirSpeeder (Which will simply be called airspeeder)

You can check on Keshires work on the Acklay in this thread over at
Raven Forums

Also started on the Aiwha model. Will get to the skiff when I've finished a few more of the other models!

Monsoontide
Old 10-23-2003, 02:57 PM   #126
kmd
Rookie

cool, i still cant wait to try out this sith speeder! i want to know if its like your other one, the stap, with that the guns were too high,c ouldnt shoot anything, the lasers went over every ones head
Old 10-23-2003, 03:11 PM   #127
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

The Sith Speeder drops explosive mines that detonate after a few seconds.
If the STAP is floating too high, you can just edit the hover height value in the ext_data/vehicles/stap_mst/veh file.
Also you can just run over people on foot!
It's really for shooting other people on Stap's or other larger vehicles!

Monsoontide
Old 10-23-2003, 04:17 PM   #128
kmd
Rookie

cool, even better, when do you get off work? cuz that thing is making me droil, i want to beta it even more now, mines
Old 10-24-2003, 05:49 AM   #129
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Exclamation Aiwha (Air Whale)

Here's the first rough of the Aiwha. Mesh is mostly done apart from perhaps tweaking the wing shape a bit.
It's a cross between the original design sketches and the one in the movie.
Textures have just been slapped on to see what it looks like. So they are in no way final.
Anyone have any LARGE reference shots of the saddle the Kaminoan sits in?

Keshire is making steady progress with the Acklay and the walk cycle is starting to look good.

KMD - The Sith Speeder will be released this weekend but I haven't yet received any really had any DETAILED feedback on it!

Monsoontide
Old 10-24-2003, 09:46 AM   #130
Pnut_Man
Existential to the Core

Sorry about getting back to you on the speeder--

The handling is excellent now, most possibly my favorite vehicle until your endor speeder bike is released

The mines are fun to fool around with, but it seems they do a considerably weak amount of damage with all of the explosions they produce.

- Formally hated, praised, and known as Pnut_Man
Pnut_Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2003, 11:58 AM   #131
kmd
Rookie

Re: Aiwha (Air Whale)

Quote:
Originally posted by monsoontide
Here's the first rough of the Aiwha. Mesh is mostly done apart from perhaps tweaking the wing shape a bit.
It's a cross between the original design sketches and the one in the movie.
Textures have just been slapped on to see what it looks like. So they are in no way final.
Anyone have any LARGE reference shots of the saddle the Kaminoan sits in?

Keshire is making steady progress with the Acklay and the walk cycle is starting to look good.

KMD - The Sith Speeder will be released this weekend but I haven't yet received any really had any DETAILED feedback on it!

this weekend, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait, at pcgamemods right? any way this modle looks great, what program do you use to creat these, they are awsome
Old 10-24-2003, 12:35 PM   #132
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

Monsoontide, your output rate amazes me. They just keep coming, and coming...and coming...and they look awesome.

I think the aiwha's wingspan is a bit longer...I'm looking at the Star Wars Databank image. I have one question...a creature like that will have to move forward in order to stay aloft...is there a way to make a vehicle that MUST be moving forward while someone is riding it? (Or, when someone isn't, it'd just be 'at rest,' on the ground--or in the water, in the case of this guy.)

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2003, 01:19 PM   #133
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Vehicles

Wedge2211 - if you set the vehicle type to spaceship (or whatever the actual command is, instead od speeder) it will sort of handle the way you describe - i.e. it sits on the ground until you press (& hold) space to take of, then pressing forward will cause it to accelerate (& I think pressing space will cause it to land again - but I always crash too quickly!)

Pnut_Master, I will increase the damage the mines do. Is the explosion OK or is it too big? I can easily make it a different effect.
I tried to find a better effect for the mine but after trying a few, that was the best I could find - for some reason though if you drop the mine in a single player map it's really small!
Thanks very much for the feedback

Monsoontide
Old 10-24-2003, 01:59 PM   #134
Scoundrel
Rookie

Amazing! You're doing so goddamn good models in such a short time. That Air Whale whatever is looking very good, I mean very good. Great model and textures.

That Sithspeeder... Amazingly good. Model is just like it should be, very movie-like. Textures are amazingly well done, but those green gloves in motors... should they really be green? I dont remember, but I think that they should be red. Not sure.
Handling of sithspeeder is very good, but I like vehicles what turn little bit faster. Makes moving easier in small maps. Mines are bit weird but very fun. "Laser spikes" as I call them.

Great job, keep it up!
Scoundrel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2003, 02:06 PM   #135
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Sith Speeder

Yes, according to my reference photos, the enigine glows are green!
I've lowered it a bit too so you can actually saber people (Though it's easier to just run them down!)

The mines are wierd - they look different depending on what map you play.

Monsoontide
Old 10-24-2003, 03:10 PM   #136
Tesla

Wow, the Sith Speeder rules
The updated one you sent me was even better, im going to try tweaking some of the settings and see if i can make it somewhat feel more Sithy
Tesla is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2003, 03:20 PM   #137
kmd
Rookie

how do you edit a file, when some one told me since i didnt like the stap hovering so high, i would shoot over peeps heads, said to edit the file, well i found the file, but when i open it, and edit, with wordpad or whatever, it says, "doy uo want to save your changes" i say yeah, and it closes, but when i open it back up, no change has been made, its back to were it was before any way still cant wait for this speeder, i will check gamemods.com for it on saturday
Old 10-24-2003, 03:53 PM   #138
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

KMD: - make a folder on the upper most level of C: (or D:, whatever - but must be top level) called ext_data, inside that folder, make another one called vehicles. Extract the stap_mst.veh (or whichever vehicle) file to that folder, edit it and then add it back to the zip file (Making sure that "save full path info is checked in winzip")

that way the file will be saved inside the zip file under the correct folder structure.

Monsoontide
Old 10-24-2003, 04:33 PM   #139
kmd
Rookie

k thanx
Old 10-24-2003, 07:12 PM   #140
t3rr0r
Goblet of Fire

i just wanted to say i tried a vh_fighter version of the stap, and although it's a bit buggy, it was quite fun... although the rider was hidden despite my specifications for a visible one... and he was stuck hidden afterwards. more later.

overlord
Old 10-24-2003, 07:38 PM   #141
|GG|Carl
Invisible

Those things are amazing!

The acklay looks really nice!
|GG|Carl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2003, 07:53 PM   #142
Pnut_Man
Existential to the Core

The effect for the explosion of the mines on the sithspeeder is fine. Keep up the great work

- Formally hated, praised, and known as Pnut_Man
Pnut_Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2003, 08:21 PM   #143
tFighterPilot

Quote:
Originally posted by |GG|Carl
Those things are amazing!

The acklay looks really nice!
I would've put it the other way around

The Acklay looks amazing!

The rest is nice to...

Although they are all great, the Acklay makes them all pale..

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Originally posted by yaebginn
not at all, they came here[USA] to worship God however they wanted and it was built on the principals and rules of the Christian religion.
tFighterPilot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2003, 10:26 PM   #144
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Exclamation HELP!

Hi folks,

I need some hi res / hi quality images of the desert skiff from ROTJ to use as texture reference. I've only been able to locate a few tiny images from the film and of the toy so far.

Thanks

The forums seems a bit f***ed up at the moment!

Monsoontide

Last edited by monsoontide; 10-26-2003 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:44 PM   #145
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Question Having Problems With The Forum?

I've finally managed to post a new message!

Anyway, as I've been trying to tell everyone - I released the Sith Speeder model over at pcgamemods.com
Thanks to all those who tested it.
Let me know if you have any problems with it - a few people have experienced problems with the mine weapon in SP mode.

Will keep you up to date on progress with the remaining models

Monsoontide
Old 10-27-2003, 12:58 PM   #146
Scoundrel
Rookie

Yeah, I've been trying to post too. In readme of Sithspeeder, there is list of beta-testers, and my name is missing. I'm beta-tester goddamnit

Well, it is not important.

Keep it up.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:13 PM   #147
bliv

I wasn't a beta tester . But I'm very impressed with your vehicles so far. Keep up the good work and I'll look out for the others when they are available.
bliv is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2003, 01:13 PM   #148
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Unhappy Appologies

I'm so sorry!
I always forget to mention someone - it's not deliberate (I try to keep track of everyone who is testing) - and invariably p*ss somebody off (I managed to do that with one of my maps!)
Still, there will be plenty more vehicles coming soon for you to test and I promise not to miss ANYONE next time

Monsoontide
Old 10-27-2003, 01:33 PM   #149
Scoundrel
Rookie

Plenty more vehicles, er? That is good news of course, but which vehicles? You have many of them in progress. And what are your plans after these? (Bantha!)
Old 10-27-2003, 01:49 PM   #150
kmd
Rookie

hey the mines dont show up in sp, its just a lazer shooting out the back, a very very very poweriful lazer, i killed 7 human_mercs with one shot, and blew my speeder into hell, luckly i had god mode on but it is hard to use, and their is no boost animation, other than that, i love the speeder, and think it to be better than the default one! and i would love to beta test these other vehicles ye got commen
Old 10-27-2003, 02:21 PM   #151
t3rr0r
Goblet of Fire

since i could post yesterday, i'll try now...

i love the speeder itself, but dislike the weird constant explosion mines. i'd prefer if they were similar to the lambda shuttle mines. and fyi, the whole skin has an ambient glow when dynamic glow is on.

i look forward to future releases.

overlord
Old 10-27-2003, 03:47 PM   #152
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

The Mine Weapon

The whole thing with the mine weapon is just wierd.
As I mentioned in the Readme, the look of it all depends on which level you play on eg. on the duel1 map it looks like a ball of smoke on the ffa1 map it's a lowing blue ball of energy and on the siege_desert map it's a sparkling fizzing white blob, ywt all use the same "ships/bomb" effect.

If you'd rather the weapon of the vehicle behave more to your tastes, feel free to edit the vehicle and weapon files.

Monsoontide
Old 10-27-2003, 05:17 PM   #153
tFighterPilot

Too bad it doesn't work well in SP though.

The weird thing, is that when a merc rides on one, it shoots forward. Maybe he shot from his blaster, not sure.

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
not at all, they came here[USA] to worship God however they wanted and it was built on the principals and rules of the Christian religion.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:15 PM   #154
shukrallah
White Dragon

hey are going to make those other creatures from AOTC? That would be awesome, then if someone could design a whole level for AOTC.... wow... that would just be great. The file size would be big, but still... the mod would be awesome.
shukrallah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2003, 08:27 PM   #155
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

I believe an ATTACK OF THE CLONES total conversion for Jedi Knight has been underway for some time - can't remember the web-link though.

Monsoontide
Old 10-27-2003, 09:07 PM   #156
Gonkish

I just thought of something that you could model that would be amazingly cool..

If you've played Knights of the Old Republic on the Xbox (or, next month, the PC), then you know how awesome the Sith Guard and Sith trooper armors look.. If you could model those two......mmmm...

--Gonk

Senior Newsie, http://www.swgalaxies.net/
Gonkish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2003, 09:15 PM   #157
tFighterPilot

Player model is WAY more complicated than vehicle models. Although that Ackley looks anything but simple...

My projects:
Snow Speeder
Kaadu

Quote:
Old 10-27-2003, 09:44 PM   #158
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Post PLAYER MODELS

Modeling players is no problem , doing a decent skin isn't a problem either - it's more a lack of time, since I have so much other stuff I want to get done (Mapping, work etc) - that I'd have to have a really good reason to invest time into a player model.
Perhaps when KOTOR comes out someone will find a way to load the models into 3DSmax and then they could be "adjusted" or used as a base or reference for a JK:KJA version.
Still don't know about KOTOR - I hope they will release a demo for it, I just don't have the spare ca$h to throw at it. Which is why I don't play galaxies or subscribe to hyperspace - but that's another issue entirely

Will post a WIP and some updated pix this week.

Monsoontide

Last edited by monsoontide; 10-27-2003 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:52 PM   #159
shukrallah
White Dragon

yeahm u read something on the music section on the lucasarts kotor site, and they said someone was picking music for the demo... so based on that, it sounds like there will be a demo.

EDIT: Here, i found out where i read it, see:

Quote:
The decision was made to have Jeremy score the two cutscenes that would be used in the demo, and he began work immediately.
shukrallah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2003, 09:55 AM   #160
Zappa_0
JOM Director

For pictures of skiff's try www.coruscantlibrary.com and http://galactic-voyage.com , and for the AOTC TC website its http://www.aotctc.com . And one question. What weapons do you plan to use for the Aiwha?

Zappa_0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > JKA: Vehicles WIP - Speeder Bike, STAP & Dewback Pix