lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kyle instead of my model
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-03-2003, 04:19 AM   #1
alaris

Kyle instead of my model

Hey,

I'm trying to get a new model in both Jedi Outcast and Academy. I've gotten a custom player model into Outcast before, but this time I see Kyle shows up instead of my model. The icon is there for my model when I choose it in MP.

I know there are a few things that can cause this like the paths being incorrect in the .skin file. I've triple-checked the skin file, so I'm pretty sure that isn't it.

I thought it was due to my model being over 3200 polies, but when I took it down to 2700, same thing. I thought it could be the format of jpg files, but that wasn't it either. I know how to make pk3's, so that isn't it either. I thought maybe I didn't weight all the vertices, but I tried weighting all of them to the pelvis bone--no dice.

My model shows up fine in Modview. I've double-checked all the names of the parts.

When I try to load the model from the console, I get an error message:

R_LoadMDXM: missing animation file models/_humanoid/_humanoid for mesh model.glm

"Help you I can, yes. Hmmmm!"
alaris is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2003, 05:21 AM   #2
alaris

nm,

I just had to check my paths in assimilate =\

"Help you I can, yes. Hmmmm!"
alaris is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2004, 09:29 PM   #3
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
soooooooo, you got it working?

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Modeling > Kyle instead of my model