lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Jedi academy patch 1.01 (Official Update Thread)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-11-2003, 05:15 PM   #81
LeopoldBloom
Rookie

Location: Dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe...
Alright, it seems that there's one thing fixed - or changed, since it wasn't a bug - that's got me annoyed -if only slightly - since I first played the game... wallrunning on declined walls (not sure if that's the right word) is now possible (it wasn't before, or was it and I was just too dumb to notice?)! Wall climbing works, too! Sadly, no clinging is possible...
Also (but that might have been just my excitement) I enjoyed the saber battles with my training npc-Opponents (not talking about bots, haven't tried MP yet) definitely more, the blocking was better and so on, but I think this has been mentioned before...
I'm using the German version, and I know there are some differences to the US version esp. in getting dismemberment to work... I've always had to use 'g_saberrealisticcombat' - and that cvar is now gone and replaced by the 'g_sabermorerealistic' one... and that's write-protected! Damn it!
But I know there's a shortcut-workaround... so... I love this patch! Great work, Raven guys!
LeopoldBloom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 05:32 PM   #82
Miko Reglia
Veteran

well lucasarts now has the patch on their site, so its gotta be legit...

Jedi Knight of "The Jedi Order"
Miko Reglia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 05:44 PM   #83
Akshara

Quote:
I don't seem to be able to join the game and get stuck in spectator mode.
Fwiw... I experienced the same behaviour a couple of times last night. Kept getting bumped back to spectator mode.

Be Mindful of Your Thoughts...

-----

Online name: Zhen Jou
Akshara is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 05:52 PM   #84
<|FeaR|>Storm

(editted...)

When patch is installed the server you connect to gives the message. Server uses protocol 25.

My host tells me the server is updated, which is not so it seems.

Anyone got a linux patch?

Coz I got 2 copies of JA at the moment.

ps: Atx go back to yur fake fear, and dont start your BS here. This is not the place for your BS and your lies.

"Honor leads to <|FeaR|>"

Last edited by <|FeaR|>Storm; 11-12-2003 at 01:08 AM.
<|FeaR|>Storm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 05:57 PM   #85
atx250

HAHA storm get your facts right, i have been playing on patched servers all day, not all are windows based. works well too.

The original and REAL <|FeaR|>atx250
atx250 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 05:58 PM   #86
Akshara

Quote:
What kind of crap is this? My card doesn't support AGP 8X?!?!?!
Crow... you really gotta learn you system better - and pleas stop screaming about your graphics problem repeatedly in every thread.

Either you card is 8x AGP compatible or not, and you should be able to discover either in the original documentation or on the manufacturer's website. Also, your motherboard has to be 8x AGP compatible as well, and it might need to be enabled manually in your mobo's BIOS.... again check the documentation or manufacturer's website.

Basically you need the right card, with the right settings, in the right slot, on the right motherboard, with the right BIOS settings for everything to work [i]right[/]i.

:sheesh:

-----

Old 11-11-2003, 06:02 PM   #87
Xecutioner
Lurker

I cant connect to cetain servers...

Xecutioner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 06:10 PM   #88
Sam Fisher
eh.

Quote:
Does it say something about 'protocall 25'? That's because the server hasen't updated to 1.01.

stuck in an eternity of sunshine and chocolate.
Sam Fisher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 06:17 PM   #89
Akshara

Quote:
Ok everybody... listen:

Once the patch is installed, you will only be able to connect to other servers running the same JA version, which will show up as the BaseJKA mod in most server browsers. The patch was released late last night, and the Linux server came out today... what that means is that it's going to take a few days or more for everyone to convert over to the new 1.01 patched version.

As as been suggested by Amidala from Chop Shop, if you don't want to get stuck in the middle here while all the servers scramble to update to the patch, then either simply wait a little while before applying the patch, or install a second unpatched copy of the game to a different location as a temporary solution.

It's not that big a deal... the server's are required to update to 1.01, you just gotta give them some time. Please be patient.

-----

PS... read this thread HERE and scroll down to Amidala's explanation of how to easily setup two copies of JA.

-----

Old 11-11-2003, 06:26 PM   #90
Amidala from Chop Shop
Politically-correct jerk

Quote:
Originally posted by young Obi-Wan
erm... I'm renting a dedicated Linux server, it seems to be 1.0.1.0 ( since weeks). now, the new patch sounds good, but when will the first Linux patch be out? does neone know? unless there won't be some Linux patch soon, there will only be a few servers to play on.
Please read my post here:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...41#post1374241

Amidala from Chop Shop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 06:47 PM   #91
rut-wa jodar

Quote:
Originally posted by [Paladine]Steel
There's almost no fixes. Staff is still too powerfull ( with blue stance its more deadly now ) .
And there is still one big problem - no linux servers support.
Right now this patch realy sux!!!

Their is always one
rut-wa jodar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 07:23 PM   #92
Andy867
McCan Caoma

Please see my post here

about the updated dedicated server files for v1.011.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 07:39 PM   #93
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by [Paladine]Steel
There's almost no fixes. Staff is still too powerfull ( with blue stance its more deadly now ) .
And there is still one big problem - no linux servers support.
Right now this patch realy sux!!!
Wrong twice.
Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 07:52 PM   #94
eniaC

To find the servers that are running the patch look for game "basejka" instead of "basejk".
eniaC is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 07:58 PM   #95
Sabre9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by eniaC
To find the servers that are running the patch look for game "basejka" instead of "basejk".
Nice find. Also, when using ASE, you can go to the 'Mods' switch, and check 'other'. I was about to post just that, but with the above, I'll add not only check 'other', but also look for "basejka" for game type, because there are a few 'blademods' also.

Right now, ASE sees 73 1.01 JKA servers @ 1640 EST...

-Sabre9
Sabre9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 08:27 PM   #96
DarkangelFOG
Rookie

I don't believe the custom map has anything to do with it, but, that KOTOR flight school map might. I've noticed that if you don't have it and a server does, it'll download it. So, I'll try taking that out and see what happens.

Butterfly Kick with Staff has been changed. There is no longer that two second pause at the end of the move, it's quite smooth going from that move into another, or just running off. The damage for it, from what I've seen has also been changed, it takes two or three hits to kill someone with it, and not just one anymore. You sure he or she just didn't hit you in the head with it? Location counts.

I've seen some Linux updates for the new patch. They're out there. Just look for them. =)

And, I do not see what you people are saying about Staff going into blue stance. It's still yellow for me. And, two saber is still blue.
DarkangelFOG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 08:36 PM   #97
Sabre9
Rookie

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkangelFOG
And, I do not see what you people are saying about Staff going into blue stance. It's still yellow for me. And, two saber is still blue.
MP/SP difference?

What are they for MP?

-Sabre9
Sabre9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 08:36 PM   #98
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Premature Patchjaculation

I think this patch was a bit rushed. They should call it "The Multiplayer Patch" coz it does *F* all else. Some of the MP changes of course were very important to correct glitches that should've been picked up in testing...

The stated SP changes are trifling, and yes the dynamic glow issue has hardly been fixed, not for all ATI cards and definitely not for nvidia cards(poor dynamic Crow !)

I hope this doesnt mean there wont be anymore patches to follow !

ah well, i could gripe all day, but my ja still works fine, although devmapall is no longer valid for activating cheats of course...

*tempted to reinstall because he loves devmapall* (that rhymes)
[plz no replies/flames about how devmapall is no good and reloads alot of stuff, I know all that, its just a sentimental thing ]

MTFBWYA

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 08:43 PM   #99
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Sorry about the crash back there last night guys!

I (stupidly now I realize) thought I would watch a movie using Media Player while running the game.

MP crashed and took windows with it (dang you M$!!!).

: (

Anyway it's back up now, same IP and now using the spiffy new 1.011 dedicated server, yay!

Yeah I've been hearing that they removed devmapall (I guess they really really don't want us to use it anymore huh?) and force us to use helpusobi 1 only now. So try that...

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 08:55 PM   #100
Kurgan
Headhunter

PS: I'm still not sure what you guys are on about with this:

Quote:
ok here goes:

when you use a staff and you change to a single blade you are not in yellow stance anymore... i assure you that is what happens the lil guage says blue

conversely if you use dual sabers with both sabers in hand your stance has been changed to yellow

i think you people need to look again
Duals and Staff both show "yellow" in default mode for me. When I turn off one Dual blade I get blue (without the kata). If I turn off one Staff I get yellow (medium) without the kata or yellow DFA.

It's exactly the same for me as with 1.0. I even tried the swings. Duals have blue for one blade off (Fast stance), same as single without the kata.

Staff with one blade off has yellow (Medium stance), same as single, without the kata or special move of course.

Now granted, I have Saber Attack Level 3 and Saber Defense Level 3 for both.

Are you saying that changing those levels now changes the stances you get with Dual/Staff? I'll have to try that, but I'm skeptical...

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Old 11-11-2003, 08:57 PM   #101
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Quote:
Originally posted by SirYawnalot
By the way, how do you use the g_pickupabledroppedsabers cvar? I set it to 1 and tried pressing Use to pick up sabers, but no luck. They just vanish as usual.
After an opponent dies, just walk over to his saber, look at it (you'll see the use icon),and press your use button.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 09:06 PM   #102
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Quote:
Originally posted by razorace
- They didn't pack things correctly. There's two seperate copies of the MP .dlls in the patch. Oh well.
My bad. It looks like the game has a "working" copy that in addition to the original copy.
Quote:
- Took out the compressed textures option of Video 1 in the MP setup menu? There was a compressed texture option?!
I asked Rich Whitehouse about it and he said that he thinks that compressed textures is on by default and that's why there's no longer an option for it.

Old 11-11-2003, 09:08 PM   #103
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jawa8578
Unfotunately the issues over being able to drain more health back than someone can take innff dueling, aswell as a flag carrier being unstoppable in s/o ctf have not been adressed.
Try using Saber Throw. It's been twinked to allow much longer range.

Old 11-11-2003, 10:20 PM   #104
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
the damage from throw seems lower on average now, which is a good thing, cause they ended up doing 50 dmg alot of hte time, which is way more than jk2.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 10:32 PM   #105
AnArKey

Quote:
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
the damage from throw seems lower on average now, which is a good thing, cause they ended up doing 50 dmg alot of hte time, which is way more than jk2.
Even so far as to have one hit kills from 100/100 on a few occasions for me (V1.00).
AnArKey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 10:37 PM   #106
DarkLord60
Something In the Way

This is sweet I love this patch!

DarkLord60 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 10:57 PM   #107
shukrallah
White Dragon

So has there been any bug reports with this new patch? Example, the guy who couldnt start JA after getting the patch.... or is that something to do with warez? I wonder tooooo much.
shukrallah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 11:17 PM   #108
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Crash BandiKurg

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
I (stupidly now I realize) thought I would watch a movie using Media Player while running the game.

MP crashed and took windows with it (dang you M$!!!).

: (

too bad you cant use that great minimiser program K, gets you back onto a stable desktop to do as you please.... but if you are running an older OS, doing many things at once is a recipe for disaster.....

MTFBWYA

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 11:20 PM   #109
Sam Fisher
eh.

I've noticed that because of the new 'blocking', it sometimes blocks into you, like a thrust and kills you instantly. Also, the staffs' butterfly seems to do much more damage, and now its one hit kill on occasions.

Just my two cents.

Old 11-11-2003, 11:27 PM   #110
AgentDarthThor
Rookie

Patch isnt bad but ive noticed a few things that havent been mentioned here:

The illegal models that crash servas still work, dunno if they crash servas on connect now tho, as do models like r2d2 where the skin is kyle but sound is r2

Katas now have sounds that can be heard by other players

The fast/blue saber spin taunt now has sound

Cant roll more than twice forward (as well as the known backward issues)

In a saber challenge in ffa, if player uses a 'custom' jedi model, their aura will glow the color they chose for the character either on the profile screen or via Char_color_ cvars. (Note I found if you use the 256 256 256 code to get all black, you will be jet balck in duel all over, 35 35 35 isnt much better) Oh well bad to good old reliable black shadowtrooper

The alternate katas I posted about still work

Blocks defintley seems to be more reliable, katas seem to be useful for defense as well as attack

There is indeed a bug where only 10ppl can join a ffa server no matter what sv_maxclients is set to. The 11th and further players, will be placed in spectator mode and cannot jopin the game until a current player leaves. The /team cmd does not aelivitae this issue either.

The patch isnt bad...but could have been better...i.e. the semi completed siege map in the pk3's finished (since im on 56k that doesnt matta 2 much as siege is usually suicide unless theres <6 ppl) :P
AgentDarthThor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 11:38 PM   #111
shukrallah
White Dragon

I played siege once on my 56k... not too bad. When there was a full server i couldnt do a thing i walked out of a room, and lagged right back in there... lol. But when like 5 people quit, it was good... 400 ping on average, if my memory is correct.

personally, i think the rolling sounds more realistic. Ill have to wait to actually check it out myself. And about the katas, just looking at the kata you can tell it SHOULD kill you... if it hits right. In real life that would definatly kill you... easy.
shukrallah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 11:41 PM   #112
Sam Fisher
eh.

AgentDarthThor, where you on a duel server? Did you see someone by the name of Rahl? By any chance? I think I saw you.

Old 11-11-2003, 11:44 PM   #113
Andy867
McCan Caoma

I must say I fail to see this bug, because I found servers that are running the newest patch and they have over 10 people in a match for FFA... In fact, one has 23 people in a 25 person server.

and I know these are patched servers because the basefolder is basejka, and not baseJK which is pre-patch.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2003, 11:48 PM   #114
Kurgan
Headhunter

Question

Quote:
The patch isnt bad...but could have been better...i.e. the semi completed siege map in the pk3's finished (since im on 56k that doesnt matta 2 much as siege is usually suicide unless theres <6 ppl) :P
Explain.. it's done? Where can I find it??

Old 11-11-2003, 11:51 PM   #115
Sam Fisher
eh.

Quote:
Explain.. it's done? Where can I find it??
I believe he's saying that he wanted the half-done star destroyer seige, finished, and in the patch.

Old 11-12-2003, 12:00 AM   #116
Amidala from Chop Shop
Politically-correct jerk

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentDarthThor

There is indeed a bug where only 10ppl can join a ffa server no matter what sv_maxclients is set to. The 11th and further players, will be placed in spectator mode and cannot jopin the game until a current player leaves. The /team cmd does not aelivitae this issue either.

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy867
I must say I fail to see this bug, because I found servers that are running the newest patch and they have over 10 people in a match for FFA... In fact, one has 23 people in a 25 person server.

...and I know these are patched servers because the basefolder is basejka, and not baseJK which is pre-patch.
Andy, ASE doesn't differentiate between players and spectators (or bots for that matter), so there still might be only 10 players and the rest spectators.

I don't have access to a patched server at the moment, but it sounds like the default value for g_maxGameClients has been set at 10 by the patch. Server admins can check this by querying their server with "g_maxGameClients" in the console. The value returned should be 0. If it is 10 or some other number, send /set or /rcon set g_maxGameClients 0 and that should allow everyone on the server to play.

Amidala from Chop Shop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2003, 12:20 AM   #117
CK_EmPreSS
Rookie

If you're expecting this patch to dramaticly improve the game play.... too bad. It doesn't really do much. I do like the fix of the ghost saber clashes when using single from dual... that's about it. Any other saber combat fixes are pretty difficult to notice. It is certainly easier to land a kick using staff, though... but the kick still does basicly NO damage at all. Still, the saber damage is very inconsistant and still pretty glitchy.

I'd hardly call this much of a patch at all.

Thumbs way down on this one...

www.cryptkeepers.vze.com
CK_EmPreSS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2003, 12:48 AM   #118
fallensith
Lurker

nice patch, ingame browser working finally

I'm not sure if the E-Web had this before, but they seem to have added a recoil to it.

also i like the rolling, more realistic.
fallensith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2003, 01:04 AM   #119
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Playing around with bots, the damage seems to be up quite a bit, especially with red. Also, I seemed to be able to block a little bit better when not swinging.

I played some duels and FFA, and damage still seems to be a bit higher. If you get hit while not defending, it only takes two red hits to get killed.

Are others seeing this, or is it just in my head?

Overall, I like it. It doesn't do anything too drastic, which is probably for the best. The browser bug is fixed, which was the most important thing.
Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2003, 01:23 AM   #120
CK_EmPreSS
Rookie

I think it's in your head. I did some testing and overall the damage is pretty inconsistant still. I know they tried to do more with locational damage, but I noticed a swing in the leg actually did more damage than a swing to the head on a couple tests...

---------

Still, like I said time and time again.... The new patch would NOT remove the spinning of the barrier or other main special attacks. To all those nubs who kept saying it would, LOL I told ya so!

www.cryptkeepers.vze.com
CK_EmPreSS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Jedi academy patch 1.01 (Official Update Thread)